Eyelid Surgery - Manhattan, NY

Don't know looked great after surgery. Now four...

Don't know looked great after surgery. Now four days later I look like a monster. Big rope like scars on my lids and below. I'm ver worried and wondered if anyone else has had the same experience. Have n appt with dr on Tuesday so scared. Can anyone share if they have had a similar experience. Tis

Saw ps on Tuesday swelling went down he reassured...

Saw ps on Tuesday swelling went down he reassured me that it was normal healing process my eyes are symmetrical and balanced and open. Lol.

Manhattan122, Recovering from eyelid or any other surgery can be frustrating as you have documented, but nearly always works out well when done by a skilled surgeon. It is normal for things to appear great immediately after surgery, only for swelling and bruising to kick-in and cause a "scary" look. If you had surgery on your ankle, would you expect to limp for a few days? Probably so. Think of it this way; your eyelids are "limping." It is important for you to follow-up with your surgeon to let him or her do the worrying for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Thanks for your reply. The ps reassured me on Tuesday. Swelling went down eyes are starting to take form. I had a moment of panic. Thank goodness I went to the dr.
I
i still have tracks on my eyelids. But overall they look better. A little disappointed as it feels pinchy and gets quite red sometimes. Its been two years :(
I can relate to you. I had mine done 19 months ago and still experience the same as you.
I like the look of my eyes. However, I'm now nervous to persue any other procedure for face. Being super healthy I figured I would do really well. We all heal differently. Overall, 90% happy. Perhaps when I get brave again, I can have a little revision with someone that will gain my confidence and I can persue my past goals of having a neck/face lift.
Don't be silly......go have have whatever you want done to your face, it will heal quicker than the eye area because it is tougher. I am considering a mini face lift.
What feels pinchy? Your eyes or your scars? I had an upper bleph just about 2 years ago, and I still have very low tear production. When I feel like crying, I hardly get any tears. I've been meaning to go see an opthamologist about this. I'm worried my doctor inadvertently took out my tear glands.
I do not have any problems with the tear ducts. I do have problems with bright sunlight and dusty wind because it seems as though my lids do not close completely, but I think with time they will close, as I said before my eyelids are still pinchy as in a tight feeling on the scars.
My eyelids do close completely, and I also am now very sensitive to bright sunlight. The scar on my left eye still feels tight, but I have no problem closing my eye all the way.
My eyes look and feel as though they are completely closed, but dust does get in, so they are not sealing. I think with time and as we age more, the lids will loosen and we will be fine.
For sure the eyelid skin will loosen as we continue to age.

hello ihad eyelid surgury 3 1/2 monts ago ,for the past month lights are bothering my eyes sure couldnt drive with them like this and they feel like a veil is over them, its not cateracts ihad that surgury 3 yrs ago im just wondering if this will go away, everything went smooth untill last month thanks bernice