Breast - Yes; Facelift - Not Sure

I had a facelift and am now left with visible...

I had a facelift and am now left with visible scaring and after a year I don't feel like the result was 100% what I wanted. My jawline is not how I expected it to be and that was the reason for my surgery.

I'm sorry you're unhappy with your results, pg. :( Do you know what kind of facelift you had?

I had what's called a "short scar" (I believe) facelift. After one year i have ropey, tight, itchy, angry looking scars behind my ears. If i wear my hair back you can see them. Underneath my earlobes I have very visible ropey thick scars which are a dead give away for a facelift. The whole idea was subtlety, at least for me. The other thing is on my first visit my "major, number 1" complaint was jowls. I wanted rid of the jowls more than anything. They are still there! Better but still there! :-( And, regarding the scars, in my humble opinion, if a plastic surgeon can't get you out with no scaring --- well what does that say? One thing I should say is he did a good neck. I am happy with the work he did there. But once again, there is a bad scar under my chin!

I would like to further clairfy my experience here...

I would like to further clairfy my experience here. When I checked no after care/follow up I was referring to the many months after my surgery not hours. The after care at the office after my surgery was exemplary. I had round the clock exceptional nursing care. When I checked the after care box I meant THE OFFICE did not contact me after all the intitial surgery procedures were taken care of. I expected that someone would have called me for a follow up after a couple of months considering that plastic surgery takes many months to heal - changing all the time. In my case I had these terrible ropey painful itchy scars. No one ever called to see how I was doing. It's possible my expectations in that regard were too high. My surgery now was over a year ago.

Update with photo

Now it's been a year and a half since my surgery. My scaring situation has worsened considerably. Here is a photo of what I am talking about. This scarring under my ears are totally 100% visible and are seriously disappointing and ugly. Also the scarring behind my ears is hideous as well. So if I wear my hair up you can see scarring all around my ears front and back. Yuck! I was given to believe the facelift would just get "better and better".
Do you have a history of keloiding? Perhaps your body produces excess scar tissue.
No I don't have a history of scarring. I have had several surgeries in my life including a c-section and have no visible scarring. My prior surgeries were not sewn up by professional's in plastic surgery. The scar under my chin from this PS is not even straight and has what appears to be a rip at one end. I think the doctor is at fault for the scarring. Just my opinion though. The most attention, btw, i received from this doctor's office was when they wanted my business. :(
I am so sorry to see the results you're experiencing! There is no question that the type of scarring you have (based on my own facelift) seems way outside of the norm. Have you spoken to another PS about revisions?
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

I picked up a friend from his office. I wish I had know more doctors beforehand. I have waited a year before posting a review.