Vasered and Happy (But More to Come) ! -Manchester, UK

I have always been body conscious, eaten well and...

I have always been body conscious, eaten well and kept fit but as the years crept on so did the 'middle age spread' despite my best efforts. I have been a size 12 forever and more recently pushing into a 14's. I graduated from bikini to tankini to keep things hidden a couple of years ago and this summer had to buy larger top due to cup size going from 36C to D ( I know that doesn't seem too big but have always hated my boobs) - and my belly was getting rounder with the upper midriff becoming uncomfortable when wearing trousers. So enough is enough, I work hard and could afford to do this and discussed with hubby - firstly to say I wanted micro-cannular lipo on breast to reduce overall size - he knows my hang ups on boobs and said to go for it as it was non invasive surgery ...at which point said I would, once I had done my abs and flanks !

I had my consultation early November and had the Vaser on my upper and lower abs and flanks on 9 December. As I could only take two days off work I was dreading the post op pain I had read about - and the leaking. I had conscious anaesthetic which to be honest 90% knocked me out but I came to very quickly. Whilst uncomfortable, the main area I felt pain was the flanks and that felt as though I has done a thousand side bends with a heavy weight ! The Doctor had given me prescription codeine to take for the pain along with paracetamol however I didn't get the pain as. I had read about in many other blogs, yes I was uncomfortable but not the 'couldn't move' stuff - I haven't touched the codeine and only taken 4/6 paracetamol in the last 3 weeks.

I went for MLD massage as recommended the following day and five consecutive days then every two days - 10 in total and it has really helped - psychologically too as the only people outside the clinic who know about the procedure are my husband and MLD Masseuse so she has been great to talk to.

Well 3 weeks later and still wearing the body armour (padded vest) as much as I can. I cannot wear it at work but put it on as soon as I get home and wear it all the time at weekends. I am now in a extra small compression garment over the vest and obviously keep the compression garment on all the time. I started to do light exercise this week, just 45 mins on my treadmill firstly as slower speed and eked it up a little the past few days. It was tough at first but now ok. As for swelling, yes it is still swollen and yes I do get bloated after eating - both of which are frustrating when I consider £6k but I am confident it will sort itself out over next 3 months - I'm in this for the long haul :-)

Stage 2 is to have the breast reduction at the end of January, which I am told is far less fuss as you only need to keep a compression garment on for around a week. I'm told half litre out of each breast which hopefully will bring me down a couple of cup sizes - will keep you posted
Not applicable

Now 5 weeks post Op and just been for my first run outdoors, tried a couple of short runs on a treadmill. Got to say 4 weeks ago I didn't think I would recover so quickly but I was fine.
Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

I'm so glad everything went well for you. Should the swelling all be gone and your final results be in, in 3 months time?