Vasered and Happy (But More to Come) ! -Manchester, UK

I have always been body conscious, eaten well and...

I have always been body conscious, eaten well and kept fit but as the years crept on so did the 'middle age spread' despite my best efforts. I have been a size 12 forever and more recently pushing into a 14's. I graduated from bikini to tankini to keep things hidden a couple of years ago and this summer had to buy larger top due to cup size going from 36C to D ( I know that doesn't seem too big but have always hated my boobs) - and my belly was getting rounder with the upper midriff becoming uncomfortable when wearing trousers. So enough is enough, I work hard and could afford to do this and discussed with hubby - firstly to say I wanted micro-cannular lipo on breast to reduce overall size - he knows my hang ups on boobs and said to go for it as it was non invasive surgery ...at which point said I would, once I had done my abs and flanks !

I had my consultation early November and had the Vaser on my upper and lower abs and flanks on 9 December. As I could only take two days off work I was dreading the post op pain I had read about - and the leaking. I had conscious anaesthetic which to be honest 90% knocked me out but I came to very quickly. Whilst uncomfortable, the main area I felt pain was the flanks and that felt as though I has done a thousand side bends with a heavy weight ! The Doctor had given me prescription codeine to take for the pain along with paracetamol however I didn't get the pain as. I had read about in many other blogs, yes I was uncomfortable but not the 'couldn't move' stuff - I haven't touched the codeine and only taken 4/6 paracetamol in the last 3 weeks.

I went for MLD massage as recommended the following day and five consecutive days then every two days - 10 in total and it has really helped - psychologically too as the only people outside the clinic who know about the procedure are my husband and MLD Masseuse so she has been great to talk to.

Well 3 weeks later and still wearing the body armour (padded vest) as much as I can. I cannot wear it at work but put it on as soon as I get home and wear it all the time at weekends. I am now in a extra small compression garment over the vest and obviously keep the compression garment on all the time. I started to do light exercise this week, just 45 mins on my treadmill firstly as slower speed and eked it up a little the past few days. It was tough at first but now ok. As for swelling, yes it is still swollen and yes I do get bloated after eating - both of which are frustrating when I consider £6k but I am confident it will sort itself out over next 3 months - I'm in this for the long haul :-)

Stage 2 is to have the breast reduction at the end of January, which I am told is far less fuss as you only need to keep a compression garment on for around a week. I'm told half litre out of each breast which hopefully will bring me down a couple of cup sizes - will keep you posted
Not applicable