Excited for the Opp - Manchester, GB

Hi my name is andrea and have struggled with my...

hi my name is andrea and have struggled with my weight most of my life . I thought after lots of research and information this is what im going to do .. gastric band .
my surgery is on the 27 th of dec 2013 and people are saying im mad to get it done just after Christmas but im 50 next year and didn't want to be fat and 50 so new year new beginning's..
I weigh just under 18 stone and plan to loose around 6 stone . the milk diet isn't going very well as I still want to eat but im sure it will get better the more determined I become ..my bmi is 46,5 and also after the weight lose im hopping to come of blood pressure tablets and high cholesterol tablets .. im glad I have found a forum that I can chat on and express my thoughts and relies my worries as im sure by reading the forum topics lots of people have been in the same mind frame as my self ..
9 days till operation so il see you all on the other side xx

2 days to go

well Christmas day has come and nearly over and as I've only got tomorrow to prepare my mind and body im a wee bit scared they do the opp then as wakening up they tell me it wasn't done because I didn't do the milk diet properly .
would and will be devastated if this was the case .
was given permission to eat a little some thing today with the family but quite proud of my self as I had a side plate of dinner rather than 3 helpings that id normally have on Christmas day .
well feeling a little nervous but will put my thoughts across on the 28th after my opp and on my birthday present x

Its be done .. yehhh

hi every one and just an update on my operation and how it went .. well its now 1st Jan 2014 , Happy New year every one and im feeling a bit sore and tired but on the plus note I've gone down from 17.7lb to 16.8 lb already . the most painful thing for me was and still is , is the trapped wind in my body and the bruising which was going to occur but feeling very happy with in my self . now to set my goals for the year ahead .haven't been able to eat well as tummy tender but at this point in time the surgeon didn't put any fill in to the band and that will occur in around 4 weeks time.
so fingers crossed that I will be pain free completely by next week and getting back to my new but normal life . will post some pics when ive lost my first stone .
take it easy all of you till then
Andrea