Day 1 Post Op - Manchester, GB

Just been discharged from hospital following lower...

Just been discharged from hospital following lower face lift and liposuction to jowls and chin. Can't believe that I have no pain whatsoever, minimal bruising and some swelling. Mr Mahdi (Transform Manchester UK) is the top guy for this procedure and I thank my lucky stars I found him. I had read a couple of horror stories on-line about what I might face in the first couple of days post-operatively and had almost decided I wouldn't go ahead. However, as a nurse academic I needed to complete my own extensive research to find the right surgeon, technique and time to address my problem; jowls, double chin, and cheekbones which had long since disappeared! The procedure was straight forward and I am genuinely delighted so far with the results. I am fully aware that what I see in the mirror today is not the final result and that my face will take time to heal, just like everyone else, however I can not speak highly enough of Mr Mahdi. Kind, compassionate, approachable, knowledgeable and above all competent. When the nurses all say that they go to him for their own procedures, it speaks volumes.

24 hours post op. Oh dear!

24 hours post op. Delighted to get the head compress off. Such a good feeling :)

Pre op drawings

Day 4 swelling and bruising but I'm happy

Day five

Today I am aware that the swelling is starting to subside. My jaw and lower cheek area still feel stretched but things are generally more comfortable today.

Day 10..Merry Christmas everyone!

Well I'm now 10 days into my journey and I'm feeling good. I knew that I would have some facial tightness for a while, but am pleased to say that with every day it eases somewhat. Was so happy to have sutures removed on day 8...that helped to resolve some of the discomfort. It's Christmas Day today and I am going to visit my mother and sister. Will let you know if they can see a difference. Hopefully it will be a positive one!!! Merry Christmas everybody xx

Yes! They simply thought I look well!!!

Christmas Day family gathering. 10 days post op and everyone saying how 'well' I look!!!

Roll on New Year's Eve!!

Day 12

Thanks to all who have commented and sent best wishes. I will reply to each of you. Hardly any swelling or bruising now, some toughness but full range of facial movements. I feel I've been given a new lease of life. My advice? For what it's worth is to eat well, stay hydrated, sleep when your body tells you to, get out in the fresh air, be realistic (after all this is major surgery and our body needs time to deal with the 'insult') and trust your body to heal itself.

Correction

Tightness, not toughness. Lol x
Dr Mahdi Transform Manchester UK

Mr Mahdi has the most calming and wonderful bedside manner. He takes time to answer any questions you may have. He is very experienced and does not try to suggest surgery which is not necessary. I have jowls, a double chin and a general look of 'sadness' about me. Mr Mahdi suggested a lower face lift and liposuction to the chin. He did not feel I needed eye surgery at this time. He is realistic about outcomes and strives for improvement on a natural scale. Felt so at ease with this surgeon. Had looked at a number of others.