The wait is finally over ;)) op date 8th march

I am 44, 140Llbs 5'5" and 30GG :-(( God I soooo...

I am 44, 140Llbs 5'5" and 30GG :-((
God I soooo hate my bazzookers., I wanted a reduction 15 yrs ago but was dismissed by my GP and I have always been so miserable with them, I hate shopping for clothes or underwear and although I love going on holiday I'm never comfortable in a bikini.

My breast reduction journey started again in march of last year when I asked my GP ( a new one ) to refer me for surgery as I have now arthritis in my upper back and in chronic pain everyday, she referred my case to the pct and they replied in June wanting more information which I provided, they relied back in July stating that they had put funding aside and to refer me to plastics at a Manchester hospital. I went for an appointment at the beginning of sept with a specialist practice nurse, I felt I'd been left dangling a bit after that appointment as she just took some details, height, weight usual stuff then asked what " my problem was" I presumed she meant why I wanted the surgery? I was then sent to another department to have photographs taken (that made me feel a bit degraded) and then i was told i would here in due course and was sent on my way! I wasn't very optimistic I can tell you. I tried so much to put it to the back of my mind and not think about "will the letter come today?" But it takes over your life! I have waited so long I have dreamt of having little pert boobs for forever, finally on 3rd November I got a letter asking me to attend an appointment with a plastic surgeon on 8th January. I was ecstatic but so nervous at the same time, wondering will he agree to do the surgery? Will he too say they are not big enough? Am I too old?
I finally went on Tuesday and first saw a lady doctor she was the nicest person ever she talked me through pretty much everything and although she did ask if I had any questions and I did have a list I couldn't think of anything to ask I was so so nervous and anxious in case I was turned down. I worried for nothing because when's saw the consultant plastic surgeon he agreed to do the reduction. I was smiling like a Cheshire Cat lol, I cannot believe after carting these humongous lumps around with me for almost 28years I am finally getting some new much smaller ones.

I found this website by chance and I am so glad I did as I think you lovely ladies are going to help me through the procedure. Not sure on a date as yet but was told on tues 4 months so will keep you all up dated.

For all you ladies that have large breasts and are thinking about a reduction please don't wait as long as I have if it is what you want go for it now, for all you ladies that have had the surgery the pics that I have seen on here of your new boobies you all look amazing and if I have boobs at the end of this journey that resemble any of yours then all this will be worth it :-))) happy healing everyone x x

Hi there ladies how you al doing? Pre-op like me...

Hi there ladies how you al doing? Pre-op like me hope the wait isn't driving you as nuts as me and you lucky ladies who are post-op hope you are all doing really well and healing nicely :-))
Well I've just tried to up load some pics of my Bazzookers but for some strange reason it's upside down, it up-loaded he right way but when. Saved it its upside down ha ha what's hat all about?? Anyway tried to put some more on but not succeeded yet, when I went o see the PS they measured from my neck to my nipple, my left Side was 28cm while my right side was 30cm now I knew I had one monster bigger than he other and 2cm doesn't sound a lot but oh my life when I have just reluctantly took pics to post and also to keep for before and after im traumatised and I don't use that word lightly, it is very rare that I stand naked in front of a mirror in fact I can't remember every really having a good look at my monsters, but that 2cm is very hugely noticeable one hangs down what seems like loads more than the other :-(((
I am so glad that I can have this surgery this next few months can't come soon enough..

Hope you are all doing well and healing nicely and are pain free and ladies who are waiting I hope you have more patience than me lol, any clues on how to get the pics on the right way? You will all have a crook neck looking at my monsters or nightmares ha ha. Speak soon x x

Hi everyone, my wait is nearly over ;) I got a...

Hi everyone, my wait is nearly over ;) I got a phone call on Tuesday my p.s has had a cancellation.. I went for pre-op yesterday and as long as everything is ok with Mrsa screen I go in for surgery tomorrow. ;)) weh hey I am sooooo excited and nervous, not slept much can't seem to switch off. Thanks to this web site I have found a lady who lives not far from me, who is also on the nhs waiting list who also got a phone call too and has her surgery next week too we have become fiends over the last couple of weeks and have supported each its been really good ;)) thanks Karen ;)
Hope our surgery goes well and will see you all on the other side, here's looking forward to smaller boobies ;))))
Hope everyone is healing well x x

Glad u got the op! How are u getting on now?
Arr that's so nice to read. its been great chatting and its so strange how were in within five days of each other. big hug and will see you on the other side.....with small boobies xx
managed to inbox you x
Debbie Im struggling to open my inbox my email is karenhouldsworth@live.co.uk forgot my password the one i usually use isn't working. lol
Hi Debbie just letting you know I've replied to your comment on my profile. as Im not receiving update notifications for some reason.???? Chat soon Karen xx
I think it is a shame that you have to go through so much to get a breast reduction. I do not understand your healthcare system, but if you had the funding, could you have gone outside the system, and gotten it done quicker?
Hi Gregory, although its good to have our national Heath service it does have its down side, I was told that I could have had the surgery 15 years ago if my gp at the time had referred me but I was told then that my breast's were not big enough!! The process over here is quite strict too, you have to have a Bmi of 25 or less, you have to prove that you have been wearing a correctly fitted bra for the last year from the shops of their choice and proof that your Heath has suffered as a result of having large breast, they then decide if you qualify for funding but unfortunatly even tho the funding is there you have to go through the NHS and go on the waiting list you can't go to a private hospital.
May will be here before you know it! I got my date in September and just had surgery on Jan 7th.....It did feel like forever to come though because I was sooooooo excited about getting it done!! Being on this site helped me though because its fun to see others going through the same thing as you!! Its nice to know that if you have any questions that there are others out there who can help :)
Managed to put some pics on of the monsters didn't really want to as I hate them so much but feel part of the gang now ;) xx

Welcome to the community.

So excited for yu! Which hosp are you gonna be in?
Hi Christiepie, thank you for replying regards which hospital, I'm on the waiting list for Mr Wilson at Wythenshaw. I've heard that he is good so fingers crossed in a few months time he will turn these monsters into nice little boobies :-)) hope your doing ok and healing well. X x