3 weeks post op- Manchester, UK

Firstly I would like to say thanks so much. This...

Firstly I would like to say thanks so much. This website and your reviews have been a great help to me over the last few months.

I am going to try and keep it simple. I was flat Chester until the age of 14. I went from nothing to an F practically overnight. At my biggest I have been a GG and my smallest (right before surgery) an 32 E/DD. my breasts have always been saggy, and breast feeding two babies didn't help with that!

So after many years of longing for breasts to look in proportion with my small frame, I take the plunge. I discussed with the surgeon size and shape. He said he could take me to a B/C. I was vocal in telling him B would be my preference. As you know discussions on size can sometimes be vague as they can't say 100% there is no guarantee. But we agreed B/C. Which I was happy with.

Surgery was on 20thDec and let me tell you the run up to it was stressful due to a few personal reasons which nearly jeopardised my operation. However all was fine and surgery carried on nearly 2 weeks ago.

When I came out of theatre I was in a great deal of pain as my sports bra was on so tight. I also felt very sick and confused. My heart rate was very slow all night so I had to have regular obs and wear oxygen tubes all night which was a pain! The nurse was lovely though. I was very sick for a few hours after surgery and completely dazed. They surgeon said straight after surgery 'you should find you are a B cup'. I didn't need drains although I kind of wish I did as I am still holding fluid. So it is hard to get an accurate idea of size and shape.

I was totally wiped out for a few days after surgery, sleeping through the day then not very well through the night. This is normal. I got completely blocked up (impacted bowel) and didn't have a BM for a week after surgery. In the end I needed 4 enemas which was an awful and extremely painful. This was a real set back to my recovery as I was tired and trying to recover from both now.....plus Christmas with two small children!!! Busy busy.

I am gonna post some before and after pics now. On a whole I do like my shape and compared to before they are great. Just not small enough yet.

2 weeks post op today! Feeling a little tired...

2 weeks post op today! Feeling a little tired today as I have had Norovirus! Not good. Started back at work yesterday so just feel totally whacked. My boobs feel good though. This is probably the first day I have felt positive about them. I have been feeling they are still too big, but today it seems the swelling has reduced a little more and they now fit nicely into my 34C sports bra. Still hoping they will go down even more. The scars are still very scabby and I noticed there is a little extra blood at the t-junction on one side. Might have popped a stitch lifting the children.
I had no idea this was going to be such an emotional roller coaster. I was expecting this feeling of euphoria. For me it has been up and down. One minute I love them next minute I feel they are still too big. My mind is going a little mad. Basically I have come to the conclusion that they are the perfect size for my body but still too big for my mind. If that makes any sense. It is hard to explain. My husband looks at me like I'm crazy when I say I still want them smaller.
This site has been my saving grace! I love it!
you look nice... give it time , good wishes for a speedy healing
Thank you!! Trying to be patient!
I had my BR surgery on 12/12/12..I'm overall happy with the results although at times I still look at them and say they still look big..I went from size EE/F cup to C/D cup..Right now I have same soreness..Not pain..Just sore especially where the incision line is..My PR said it's still healing so that is normal..I did have one area under each breast T line that drained, but that's all dry now..The incision line just feels tight..Anybody got help with that?..I had to get my nipples moved due the size I was and how much w extra

Well back to normality now after op, Christmas and...

Well back to normality now after op, Christmas and illness that followed. I have to say it is nice to be back. I was moping around the house feeling sorry for myself. Being more active and running around after the Kids has helped me move on in my recovery. This week it's all go. Saw the nurse on Monday and she said everything looks fine. I still have a little swelling on the left side (right in pictures). I mentioned again that I still feel they are on the large side and her response wound me up. She has lovely small boobs and said to me 'I would kill for boobs like yours' it is exactly the one comment that I didn't want to hear. I really don't want to be the person that girls with small boobs say they wished they had mine (if that makes sense). Especially when I have just had a reduction. I thought it was a thoughtless remark. I would much prefer just to be the girl with small boobs.....that's the point!
Anyway that aside I am getting more use to them and they have gone down in swelling. They also feel much more normal now. Less throbbing and getting hot to the touch.
Hi Christiepie, just read your post and it sounds like you have written all my thoughts ( pre-op) long story short I developed boobs late at 16 from nothing to FF I only have a tiny back 28-30 so as the years went on and my boobs grew more ( I am now 30GG :-((( god I hate them with a passion!! ) The pain in my back, neck and shoulders was awful. Finally got funding from PCT last year and had my appointment on tues this week and been accepted for surgery by the P. surgeon, waiting list is around 4 months he said. just wondered where you had your surgery? Your healing remarkably well and although you have said u want to be smaller I've been told it takes months for them to take their proper shape, they do look fab tho and if I get the same results as you I will be made up. I didn't realise how emotional people are saying this op is and although I have been thro everything regarding this procedure that's one thing I didn't take into account. Only found this website by chance the other night and its amazing to read that I'm not alone no one understands how much these two big lumps cause me so much pain and how much I hate them so much, how distressed I get when I go shopping because I can't find anything that fits or makes me feel good. It's nice to read about yourself too someone from Manchester area. Look forward to reading more of your posts this site will definitely keep me going take care Debs
Hey Debbie, thanks for your kind comments. I went with The Harley Medical Group. I have found them really great on a whole. I had some complications pre surgery and they were very supportive etc. I think the shape is fantastic however I just wanted to be a tad smaller. I saw the nurse tonight and she told be to get a bigger bra (D) as the C was putting pressure in the scars. I made it very clear to my surgeon I wanted to be as small as he could take me. I am looking forward to chatting to him in a few weeks so he can talk me through the procedure etc. I have been overwhelmed with the emotions of this surgery. Up and down up and down. I guess I never realised how much depended on it. I suffered from back problems all through my 20's and for me it was about being as small as possible to try and relieve some of those symptoms. I understand how you feel about the shopping. After I had my son and before I had my daughter I was a GG and I gave up on shopping altogether. I have bought a few bits since the op. but I still feel in limbo as to what size I will be. Patience! I hope all goes well with your op and you get the. Results you desire! Good luck :-) x
I think your doing amazing the pics are fab, don't know how you did the 3 pics together but it's good how you can see the progress all together. When I spoke to my PS colleague she told me to get a couple of sports bras, just wondering on any recommendations? And if front fastening is better? Happy pain free healing :-) Thanks Debs x

Had another appointment with the nurse today. She...

Had another appointment with the nurse today. She instantly looked at me and said I needed a bigger bra. My 34 C is too small. The bottom is sitting on my scars and is generally too tight all over. She told me to go up a side. So hard to hear. I came away feeling totally fed up. She said there is a chance I might get back into it but for now not too wear it. The plan was to be a
B/small C not a large C/D and more of a D than a C at that. I didn't really go through all of this to just come down a cup size.

I am meeting with the surgeon in a few weeks and I can't wait to ask him a few questions. I know it is early days but I really don't think I will have dramatic changes now. Any advice on that?

Also what bugs me is that so far when I have said to the nurses I still feel a little on the large size they instantly say to you 'well it all depends where you buy your bras' as if I have never bought bras before. In my 17 years of wearing bras I have not gone to one shop and been 2 cup sizes bigger than bras in another shop. It is true that there is some variety in fits with certain styles but generally not a massive difference in cup size.

Anyway, feeling a little down. Better get some sleep!
p.s :) I am not entirely sure if it was a vertical incision you had but with an additional horizontal close? My surgeon said he will be talking the scar in an L shape in the crease so not entirely vertical but the reduction is using the "vertical" technique.
The results are really nice. The vertical technique is great for scarring also so their is a compromise I think in terms of how much of a decrease you can get. I am starting to think I will go for vertical technique even though like you I am sure I will still feel too big afterwards. The scars and extra recovery time are a pretty good compromise and a large C is a far cry from DD or DDD isn't it :)
fantastic result but understand re size. Interested in how you are now. Hope all is well.

Feeling like I'm back at square one

I have enjoyed my new boos over the summer. I have always felt that they were not small enough. In the recent months I have gained 4lbs. I am squeezing myself into my DD bra (which I caved in and had to buy as it was clear that my D cup didn't fit)
I feeling just like I did before the surgery.
I was a DD/E when I had the surgery and paid £6500 to have the surgery done. I wanted to be a B/C straight after surgery it was clear that I was not going to be a C never mind a B. I am now composing a a letter to the surgeon to see if a revision is feasible.
I am sporty and my weight gain is mainly as I have slipped a disc in my back and have not been able to excersice like I did before, which was about three times a week for 90mins per session.
So sorry for your disappointment - as you say it is quite an ordeal and a lot of money not to have the results you wanted. good luck with the surgeon.