50 Year old. Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty - Malaysia experience

Hated the ageing bags under my eyes, after...

Hated the ageing bags under my eyes, after consultation my PS advised me to have both upper and lower blephoraplasty. I didn't really feel I needed upper eyelid surgery! I would have had this procedure done in Australia but it was twice the cost I paid. The experience has not been pleasant as a result of poor communication and consultation from my Dr. I'm not entirely sure I'm happy with the result as it's still too early to say.

My upper and lower blephoraplasty experience

Well it's been 9 days after surgery, still have som swelling and bruising. I'm really disappointed with a slant on my left eye and feel I can't completely open it. My PL Dr Faizal Anwar from Kuala Lumpur assures me that it will be fine and he's satisfied with the surgery results. I'm not convinced, perhaps I'm being a little inpatient.

11 days on and still bruised

Well it's been 11 days post surgery and wanted to go out for a bit. Attempted to camoflouge the bruises with some makeup, so this photo probably makes me look better. Still feeling I'm having problems with left eye, skin fold on this eye is not sitting right and am really worried that the little lump sitting on lower left side of left eye. This really is my problematic one. Despite that still also have some swelling under eye and still slightly bruised. Going to have a few drinks tonight as I have just turned 50. Am really trying to resist the dreaded ageing process!

My night out

These photos perhaps are too flattering.

Still unhappy

Well it's now been 17 days post surgery and things are still looking bad, my eyes look shocking, they're very dark and the folds on the upper lids look shocking. My lower left eye has a small lump on the left side which I brought up with my Dr only to be fobbed off saying it will settle and I just have to be patient. I am so unhappy, sad and so regretful, I should never have done this procedure, I had such beautiful big eyes that were my best feature, I just wanted to get rid of that tired look, now I'm too embarrassed to go out or have anyone see me. My confidence is shattered. Can anyone shed some light, will they improve once the healing has occurred?

Still bruised 3 wks on

I'm really concerned with what appears to be slow recovery after viewing so many other profiles. Its been 3 weeks since my op. My right eye has a small lump on the crease where sutures were, my left eye has strange skin fold on the lid and small bump in lower outer left corner and I still have some bruising. I know everyone has said to be patient by in comparison to others the recovery is not looking as good. My dilemma is I had one of those asian holiday surgery experience and now back in Australia so I'm not even able to consult with the Dr, who I don't trust in any case. Can anyone give me some advice on where or what I do from here? Thankyou all in advance

Exactly 4 weeks on and still bruised and swollen, is this normal?

Well exactly 4 wks to the day since surgery and my healing has been horrendous. I still have swelling and bruising under the eyes. Have a small lump on the upper lid of my right eye and strange skin folds on upper eyelids, not sure if this is normal, certainly looking worse than before surgery, argh!! Why oh why did I ever go down this path. Van anyone shed any light. When I look at other profiles and reviews they are all looking so much better at the 4 week mark.

My photos at 4 weeks

Almost 6 wk mark, still bruised and Lump

Would really appreciate some comments here people, it's almost 6 wks since my upper and lower Blephoplasty and rhinoplasty and I still have bruising, I also have the lump on my right eyelid which is not going done, also my nostrils are uneven. Please folks I'm really after some input here as I really do rely on this site for feedback as I no longer have anything to do with the surgeon overseas. Thanks in advance

seriously concerned now

What the hell is this lump growing on my eye?? 6 wks after upper blephorplasty.

Looking for recommendation for an excellent eye PS for revision.

After being left with disappointing results of my upper and lower eye surgery in Malaysia, I am looking for a very experienced competent surgeon in Melbourne, Australia. Can anyone help me out with a recommendation. Thanks to you all, looking forward to getting your feedback.
Dr Faizal Anwar

Dr Faizal Anwar made no effort to do a proper consult. I felt he had no genuine interest or empathy for me. He neglected to complete a procedure, I had to return the following week to have it completed. I tried to see him before I left Malaysia but he cancelled my appt. I explained my concern via email and he didn't even bother to reply. He was quick to take my money but did not follow through with any after care and did not address my concerns. I am very unhappy with the results, I would definitely advise against using him. My unfortunate lesson learnt having a cosmetic procedure done abroad. This was a very costly lesson learnt and will cost a fortune to have the procedures revised.