Facial Left - Maitland, FL

Badly scared for life based from the procedure. I...

Badly scared for life based from the procedure. I am very upset and this has changed the look of my face and neck for the worse for the rest of my life. My neck has become disfigured due to this procedure. I have lost confidence and feel like going into public places is a chore. This doctor and his office had made promises they didn't keep all to make cash in pocket. I have researched other experiences on the internet and have found similar horror stories and I am truly disappointed.
Dr. John A. Hughes-Papsidero

He should never do this or carry this procedure out for any other woman ever again.

Dear Conned, I am so sorry that you have had such horrible results. I am so happy that you posted your review so other women can see what could happen to them if they under go this procedure that is really Surgery! It is not simple, it is not quick and you do not go back to work the next day unless you are superwoman. I feel so badly for you. How are you doing now and are the scars getting any better. Let us hear from you. Please update and keep us informed. For those of you thinking of getting this done to your face, please watch this video: http://www.realself.com/forum/lifestyle-lift-investigation-video.
Thank you for your comments. The large uneven scar down the front of the neck done by Dr. Papsidero will always be terrible. The scars done by Dr. Filberto can be covered somewhat by longer hair. The uneven lopsided under chin done by both will also always be there. I had a heavy under chin which I wanted corrected. No wrinkles on the neck, just too much under chin. LSL led me to believe this would be a simple procedure. With the right doctor, this would have been. The video you mention is no longer available.
Conned, the video is still there. Just paste the following into your web browser: realself.com/forum/lifestyle-lift-investigation-video I truly am sorry that this company continues to get away with doing whatever they please with absolutely no fear. This just goes to further my point that anyone who is going to pay the $$$ should absolutely research the surgery, surgeon and staff and see more that one doctor for opinions. One face fits all does not seem to be "fitting" for some of us!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thank you for your comments. I couldn't agree more. Lawyers cost too much money and want car accidents and dog bite cases. Despite the false advertising any my horrible scarring, the BBB stated they could do nothing. LSL pays BBB for accreditation and they probably did not want to lose that revenue. I advised my State's Health Dept. and Attorney General. I don't know what will happen in the future. My State did stop some of their phony ads but I don't think they went far enough.
I know how you feel i am in the same boat as you are i hope and pray that some day soon that the Doctors at Lifestyle Life will be made to pay for all the damage that is being done here
What state do you live in? Did you have a procedure done by LSL? I hope not. There are good and bad doctors and I unfortunately had the haphazard careless docs. Some talk about price but I was quoted the same price as LSL by an Orlando doc who operated on my friend that needed her breast corrected after cancer surgery. I mistakenly thought that LSL would be better because they only operated on faces. How wrong I was!
No LCL procedure was done on me, But i had the same doctor before he worked for LSL and it was my ears that this doctor messed up. I think it was done on propose because of another doctor i had some issues with construction done for her. (Just a guess) You could of been one his first few surgeries when he started working for LSL, Because i was his first doing my ears.
I am sorry for your problems. I know it's embarrassing and disheartening. Write to the state attorney. the state dept. of health, the state's consumer affairs and anyone else you can think of. These people get away with scarring and disfiguring women without any penalties. Perhaps if enough people get in touch with the state agencies. they will take notice. I can only hope.
I'm sorry this happened to you. Sometimes if it sounds too good to be true..speaks volumes here.
San Ramon staff was great and gets 5 stars the doctor was less than 1 star
There is another doctor in San Ramon who acted the very same way bed side manners and communication was nill to none
It's really unfair that you remove posts and pictures,many from the 200,000 people who were left scarred,maimed,disfigured,and told to wait two full years before complaining so that THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ARE UP-AND THEY CAN'T SUE.I was left looking like I had a stroke,since the left side of my face is hanging down.Some had good doctors,some had random dentists,etc.who decided to try cosmetic surgery.

JoyceMarie,

Please see our community guidelines for posting here. We do remove posts that don't follow the guidelines.

Please do consider posting your LSL review, if you haven't already. Keep the guidelines in mind when you post and we'd love to read your story.

What state are you in? If in Florida, let me know. I did post my photos, 7 I believe, on RealSelf website.
I totally agree Joyce. It seems like Real Self is now quashing negative comments about Lifestyle Lift, but allowing suspiciously positive comments. We may need to look at different sites like Consumer Affairs for our honest opinions to be heard.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

It is sad that you are not happy with your results, I however followed every instruction given to me, I listened intently, after all this is my face! I am one week out and knowing that it is only going to get better, I could not be happier. I think attitude, following the doctor's direction and self care after surgery is key ... Did you do all of these?? I cannot say enough good things about my surgeon! He even sang to me while he was working!! Love him!!! And loving my new look as the new me emerges!!
I am happy for you. I really expected good results, not the terrible scars I ended up with forever. Of course I followed all recommendations. Whatever I was told to do I did. I trusted completely. However, if you check other search engines (i.e. Google)you will find heartbreaking stories, many much worse than mine. I'm glad you were one of the lucky ones. I wish I was.
what I was NOT told by anyone at the clinic was that the facial laser treatment would remove my eyebrows and the 50% improvement to my chin was less than 1 % feel stupid for wasting my money and time %

I'm sorry your Lifestyle Lift did not work out for you, but I thank you for for sharing your experience and photos on RealSelf!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

You disfigure someone and you are SORRY???? and have the gall to thank them? Is this for real??????