Biggest Mistake I've Ever Made. Should Have Researched More Carefully!

I did this because it was affordable but now I...

I did this because it was affordable but now I have to pay twice the amount to hopefully correct unsightly scars! It's been a year and I still have discomfort around my ears, horrible looking scars that I cover with my hair.

I am now researching plastic surgeons carefully before going through this again and can only pray the outcome will be much better

You get what you pay for. Research you surgeon..at Lifestyle lift they are only limited to certain procedures and do surgeries quickly..the more they do the more they make...

How do you do a through research on plastic surgeons? I read reviews all over . I live in Sonoma Co. The doctor I wanted wants 20,000 for neck and mini facelift. I am only 51 but a 5 year divorce (i lost everything) topped with 2.5 years of breast cancer has drastically aged me....I don't no how to pick without a ton of money
After meeting with 4 reputable, non LSL plastic surgeons, I've decided to do a scar revision only. I never really needed much of a lift so all I want now is to get rid of these unsightly scars so I can live normally. That will cost me about 5K. Of course they all say to do the neck but I dread a scar there and the cost would be 15K and I just can't bear the trauma again. Maybe 10 years from now?
"Facial Firming" is a marketing term and a euphimism for surgery, which is what Lifestyle Lift is. The point I have made several times is that most Facial Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons perform their Facelifts in surgical facilities accredited by national accrediting bodies. In fact, the ABPS and AAFPRS require that their surgeon members have their facilities accredited. The purpose of this requirement is for patient protection. I am not sure why anybody would want to have a surgical procedure in a facility that is not accredited. Lifestyle Lift facilities are generally not ACHA, JCAHO, AAAASF, or AAAHC approved.
Lifestyle Lift facilities are generally not ACHA, JCAHO, AAAASF, or AAAHC approved. Ok, Dr P... the average layman doesn't know what all these ACHAS& JCAHOS mean. LOL
All of the above mentioned are national accrediting bodies, organizations that make sure an office based ambulatory surgery center (operating room) is properly run. Inspections are performed at regular intervals and even randomly to make sure that the operating room in question is adequately run, has the necessary equipment, medications, and staffing required for patient safety. Accreditation is a time consuming, expensive, and anxiety provoking process, but one which those of us with office based surgical facilities undergo for the benefit and safety of our patients. Lifestyle Lift ostensibly performs surgery under the same guise as a Dermatology office where a mole is removed. Since the majority of Facial Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons agree that patient safety comes first, our national societies have mandated that office based surgical facilities be accredited by one of the above national bodies (ACHA, JCAHO, AAAASF, or AAAHC). Lifestyle Lift is a variant of a Facelift (again, a procedure that the majority of Facial Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons agree should be performed in an operating room) and since the company states they put safety first, they really should have all of their facilities accredited. Since this is an expensive process and expense affects the bottom line, I am doubtful that this will happen.
Rhea, sorry your interview did not air. TV46 in Atlanta who did a 5 part segment on LSL is also being sued. That is their standard operating procedure. If they can't shut you up they sue you. I would also be interested in learning why they are slipping through the medical loophole! I mean on one hand they say it is a facial firming procedure and then when it suits them it is "surgery". Which one is it??-- both, not regulated by any medical association, who is looking out for the consumers/patients??? Under whose governing body should a facility fall under and why is nothing being done??? It is obvious it is 'SURGERY' and should be overseen by some type of medical association. Maybe Dr. Prendiville can shed some light on this question for us. Best, Chrystal Eckes
Hi all. I am very glad that Beverly1963 likes her facelift. She is one brave patient to show it. Beverly1963 is a true patient of mine. She is one of my patients and with a very good result. She is my typical patient that I see every day. Lets look at the percentages. Lifestyle lift has done more that 120,000 lifts in the US. There are less that 200 complaints in realself with and avarage of 30% satisfaction. This is a very small amount. Happy patients will not come to post on the internet as unhappy one will. As any surgeon, I try to make peoples dreams come true, and as any surgeon I can't get 100% of them happy. I have an extremely high percentage of my patients happy. The surgeon that tells you that all their patients are happy and that they have not have any complications is lying to you.
Dr. Diaz, I am glad that the surgery for your patient went well. I hope that all the surgeries that you perform for LSL goes well -- maybe you are more skilled or take more time with your patients than other LSL doctors do... This being said, considering the age group of women and men that are targeted, computer savy, folks just giving up after trying to get help (etc), Your numbers just DO NOT ADD UP. I do wish that other LSL doctors would take the time and effort to just CARE after the procedure is performed! I would not wish the pain, humiliation, wasted money and time that I spent with the Atlanta LSL office on anyone. The reason I posted in the first place was due to the fact that NO ONE in the home office or the Atlanta office would help me. My story when retold by LSL is skewed to suit their needs to make me look like the bad patient with unrealistic expectations. I wish you continued success and hope that you continue to care about your patients. In your last paragraph you state "I can't get 100% of them happy (patient)" but when confronted by a reporter on national TV, Dr. Kent could not think of even one unhappy patient. This being said, any woman or man looking for "Facial Rejuvenation" surgery should always seek out more than one opinion and always compare apples to apples, you only have one face. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
This comment deserves a rebuttal. The "average" Lifestyle Lift result I have seen is a patient with pixie ears, poor scarring, and no appreciable result. The patients I have seen do not post comments on websites, and are presumably counted by the company as good results. Are there happy lifestyle lift patients? I am sure there are. The comments on this website are not designed to be a referendum about the quality of any individual surgeon, they are complaints about the advertising practices of the company, the lack of accessibility to patient care for patients, the poor handling of patient concerns by the company, and the use of Lifestyle Lift employees to post positive reviews. As a responsible Facial Plastic Surgeon, I feel that it is my duty to give patients meaningful information of the quality of care I have seen in Florida. There have been a number of very serious safety issues in the Orlando area involving Lifestyle Lift, one of which involved a patient death, another of patient abandonment. In fact, in many centers, patients are being rather heavily orally sedated without monitoring by a CRNA or Anesthesiologist. The centers are generally not ACHA, AAAASF, ACHA, or JCAHO approved, because the cases are performed ostensibly under local anesthesia. The two case in Orlando mentioned involved heavy doses of oral sedatives and the Florida Board of Medicine is investigating.
Dr Prendiville -- you are dead on the money again! And I think this is the point(s) that many of the "unhappy" patients are trying to get across to women who are researching this procedure (if any research is done at all). I feel that due to the age of the women & men that is targeted that many potential patients actually believe each and every word that is told to them and there is too much information about the procedure that is NOT shared with the patient. I hope every state will investigate each and every LSL office! I just don't understand how they continue to get away with this procedure. I feel that this type of facility has slipped through the medical crack! Best, Chrystal Eckes.
I did a interview with the local new station and when threatened with a law suit, the didn't air the interview. What's the biggest surprise is why there isn't some sort of agency, that inspect and protect the patients. Believe me, I have emailed local media, state boards, BBB, God and everyone. And they are still operating. My age group (61)are usually are very trusting of their doctors and do not go on line to research. Why is it that our government doesn't keep tabs on this type of scam??
Dear Doctor. I am very much considering Lifestyle Lift. I am only 52 but a 5 year divorce, including the last 2.0 yrs of breast cancer and reconstruction. Cancer was early and gone, but reconstruction has been a nightmare and am not done...If a patient is not happy or has something that just looks bad will your co work to correct this ???? The reviews are making me nervous, however I do agree with you. Bad advertisement flies alot farther and faster than good
tammie0113, if any doctor from LSL tells you verbally that "yes, we will fix any thing that you are not happy with", please do yourself a huge favor AND GET IT IN WRITTEN FROM AND BE SURE THAT IT IS WITNESSED BY TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE besides the doctor who signs the paper and get it notarized. They lie like rugs! The ruse that they run on people telling them that if they make a mistake that they will fix it is false. I have never seen NOT ONE WOMAN who has been on this forum that has had a "REDO" without having to either pay for it or had to sign an agreement stating that the patient would hold LSL harmless. Do yourself a favor, go to a real plastic surgeon who cares what happens to you and will not do a "cookie-cutter" procedure on your face. Best, Chrystal Eckes
still lovin my facelift or facial firming procedure whatever you chose to call it, I am happy with mine. I don"t look like a little old lady anymore. If and when It starts to sag, I will do it again. Beverly1963....count the years almost fifty and I am beautiful and proud of it.
I had a lifestyle lift in November 09 in Huntersville nc. I am very pleased with my results. yes there was pain but anything worth having takes some discomfort. Try my surgeon and see what you get.
You are in for a big surprise, you will return to pre-surgery soon...that is if you are working for Lifestyle lift..then shame on you.
If you received a bad result I again am truly sorry. I am not a lifestyle lift employee and please don't assume that of me. I am very honest and no I didn't know how to look up realself until after my facelift procedure. I might would have had second thoughts before doing it had I seen all the negative reviews. I have always had a double chin sometimes triple. I had a gastric bypass in march of 2007 and had been watching LSL infomercials for a very long time until I decided for the free consultation. They do have some untruthful statements on the infomercial because they say it takes about an hour and you leave without bandages and have minimal brusing, Well I am a surgical Technician and I know any kind of surgery leaves bruising and scars. This was not a concern of mine I was expecting scars and brusing because I experienced this on a daily basis in my profession. but please understand I am not a lSL employee and I would not publish something that was a lie. My surgery was a great big success in my eyes and I stand up for my surgeon and I also recommend him and no one else. shame on you!!!
And who do you work for Rhea? A plastic surgeon that cannot handle the competition...shame on you
Lifestyle agreed I needed to be redone but none of the surgeons the surgeons that were there are now gone. Lot's of turnover! I don't trust they can do a good job so know I've met with three very reputable surgeons but my cost will be about 9K not to mention the dread of going through this process again and GOD FORBID it's worse or unimproved...very scary!
I did the LSL in 2007 and after the swelling was gone so was the lift. I did have a real lift a year after and I was amazed at the difference in healing and no scars. I of course had to pay for the 2nd face lift but it was well worth it. Don't let LSL ruin your life...go foward.
Rhea is so right. Don't let LSL ruin your life. I know that even considering having the 2nd surgery was very, very scary after my first experience with LSL. BUT, for me it was well worth the time and effort that I put forth finding a good ABCPS (and of course as Rhea points out, I had to pay for the 2nd surgery). Do go forward. I hope all women realize that this is plastic surgery and you get what you pay for! Best, Chrystal
Did you even ask if they would correct it. Plastic Surgeons want you to be happy. Why don't you not complain and see what your options are...
BTW, I asked many times for help from the LSL facility that did my surgery. There was NO help for me. In fact, I was told by one of the doctors that worked there that she did not have the expertise to fix what had been done to me. Now what does that tell you????? As many posts here have stated over and over, many women have begged for help only to be told, "You Look Great" when in fact we were only being Put Off, No Rocking The Boat! You would think that LSL would want their clients to be happy, not to have a 27% rating to be found by potential clients. Thanks for the really nice email that you sent. I am always happy to help anyone who truly needs it. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
Hey, don't give up. There are many qualified board certified plastic surgeons that can fix your face. You just have to be willing to look until you find one. I too had to have my LSL surgery corrected, so it can be done. Look at some of the doctors listed here at realself. I am sure that there are some listed in your area. Best to you, Chrystal Eckes.