Transaxillary 375cc - 1 Year ago added - then and now

Here I am, 21 years after my first baby was born...

Here I am, 21 years after my first baby was born and I love my body EXCEPT for the breasts! SO... I made a hard move for me toward that which I thought NEVER would be in the same sentence as my name..... Plastic Surgery - Breast Augmentation! OMG!

This site has really helped me to understand my feelings by reading about people like me and those with other feelings/reasons for coming to this conclusion.

When I was young I was always small breasted but, liked my body and my 34B breasts. I thought they were nice and never had to wear padded or push up bras. After breast feeding 2, and 3 pregnancy's under my belt, I lost quite a bit of fullness. I adjusted to the smaller breasts, though I didn't like the shape of them anymore but, I took it like a battle wound and being the warrior I was, I figured that breast feeding was well worth it. I started buying the 'thicker' bras, then... the push-up ones... to give me that 'illusion' of the fullness I had lost. Then came weight fluctuation and natural age atrophy of the breasts. I'm 48 - enough said?

I finally wanted my old body back and determined to get it through natural means (exercise) I jumped - NO Dove! Head First, with utmost determination, onto the work-out fitness wagon in order to better my body. I REALLY thought I could turn back time. Yeah, well it worked in a limited fashion. I got leaner and firmer and started to Love my body again .....then I looked in the mirror (which I really ever did - especially naked) anyway - you know? I looked mainly at my hair and make-up while wearing a bra or a towel!! Doesn't everyone? Eeeekkkkk!! Was that me?

After feeling pretty proud of all those push ups and core killers I mastered; I actually looked...."Eeeeekkkk!! WHO is that?" I had never seen myself looking like that! A new low for me. "Is that me?" Yep it was, I found myself looking like what I call... a concentration camp victim.

Thats my story - that is why I am here.
Thank you to everyone here for sharing and caring about each other and helping make it better, easier and a more informed experience.

Here is to our REAL SELF, the one that gives us the freedom to just plain love ourselves and others and support, as we come together for strength, to walk along our separate paths.

Cheers!

OK... so above are some pictures of what I am...

OK... so above are some pictures of what I am thinking in terms of size. The 3 pictures after my before are me with rice equal to the look of 375 implants under the muscle. I decide on giving myself an up-grade from my old 34B to a 34C. Rice is maybe not totally accurate but I am doing it also to bring with to pre-op, to show my doctor my desired outcome.... along with several other pictures and then I will show my doctor some from his own work that I found at his office.

CC's are tough! Everyone is different! our size, the chest type/shape, just everything! To me, looking around I see 375cc looking like 400cc, or 350-325cc even. I have pictures of 400cc, 375cc, 350cc and 325cc that I like and that oddly look similar.... to my untrained eye haha.

So it remains to be seen how I end up looking after. It will be interesting to see how similar I end up in that sports bra and t-shirt!

I have been driving myself crazy with sizes! Cc's...

I have been driving myself crazy with sizes! Cc's are so confusing and JUST when I KNEW I had all that figured out...Bam! I have to consider my own body measurements. Is it not hard enough to find breast before shots that are my own shape size and configuration, upper pole, lower pole to compare to see what the different cc's might look like on me? AND there are tons of cc choices and for that matter so many variables in styles, profiles etc. Further, complicate that with height and weight! Then even further with age! and DID that women have children and breast feed like me??.... I may just have more skin stretch than a 25 year old w/o 3 pregnancies under her belt. OMG!!!

I am one of those if I know it I can deal with it people. I HAVE to feel am well informed and going into things with eyes wide open. I have to sort of build it in my head and it has to make total sense. I must know every pitfall all the pro’s and con’s and try to make all the shades of grey acceptable for my rather black and white brain. This trait (better or for worse) has gotten amplified with age and life experience. I am a plethora of information I tell you!! REALLY!

I read a review of someone saying that her friend said that SHE could probably do the surgery herself for she knew so much about it from her research. I can totally relate. I feel like that!

Hot off the presses: New development, I just recovered from pre-op booby greed sickness! Thank God I recovered!!! I could have ended up looking scarrrry!!! This illness was only made worse by my well meaning soon-to-be husband. Bless his boob loving heart! :) I was told it is a primal thing in Men's DNA if I understand him correctly....lol. Yes, it has been quite interesting and with my reading so many stories, and so much support here too, for BIG boobies!! WOW, it was a miraculous recovery, if I do say so myself!!
I am back to reality and the limitations of my own measurements. I think so anyway?
OH Boy! Is there hope for me? IDK!

Yeah, about the (2) photos after my before picture...

Yeah, about the (2) photos after my before picture they are with rice sizers: looking at that now I think that is more like a 34D if I go moderate profile. There would be a lot of side boob as I am not wide enough BWD for that in reality, I think I would have to probably get the crease lowered to accommodate the dimension as well in that size and ..... I would not look exactly like with the rice as the implants are wider than the nylon with rice inside I am wearing. I could look rather matronly or fat - which I am not.

I wonder if anyone else thinks the boobs look too big in the 2 pictures for my frame?

3 Days till my pre-op! I have downsized. I think...

3 Days till my pre-op! I have downsized. I think. I believe so, from what I was thinking last time I wrote? ... Ugh! I have no idea!!! Why is it so hard to decide? I am obsessed about this. I have read and analyzed numerous doctors opinions, etc. of how to choose size and profile and with that all aspects and considerations of the science involved based upon many variables. NO HELP!!!!! MUST process all info regardless!!!!!!!!

I have to now find smaller pictures. Or just ones that look like what I want today....lol. I hate the idea of going too big and getting too large of diameter implant for my chest and ending up with lots of side boob! Looking FAT is WORSE than going too small - I think. I want some side boob but, projection is more important to me to give me a better look..... It is like a roller coaster ride. Heck anything would be better though - really!

I think that if I somehow understand how to decide the size and the many aspects of it, I will be better off in trying to convey what I want to the doctor - then I will just let HIM tell ME what I NEED! That is the plan. BUT.....ugh, I do know of one person who did end up with a slight problem (looks like a double bubble on only one side) and from what I have researched it COULD stem from an implant that is too large in diameter for the breast. I believe she was fitted with Moderate profile. She may have had a size difference from one side to the other. I do not really know the true reason for her trouble. I only speculate, and I am NO expert! The problem - It is getting better on its own, and I do not know the circumstances. I just hope that my doctor will be taking my measurements into account and carefully choosing the correct implant size. MOSTLY me believing he is.
HE is the artist, the Expert after all.

I am thinking I need Moderate Plus due to the smaller more narrow diameter. I am also older and have had 3 pregnancies. To me the added upper pole fullness will be perfect for me. It is not that much greater than the moderate but, I think it would be warranted in my case and still look natural. The diameter is way better on the Mentor saline Moderate Plus for me too I think. Every cm counts. Do not want boobs in my armpits or boobs touching in the middle...lol..., no, not funny! Help!!! I am going nuts! I want a natural look but hey I am not paying 5,750.00 to look too natural either, as in, like the boobs are almost 50 years old like me, hey I am looking for full and perky. I want to look awesome naked! That is that! The rest of this bod don't look 50!

OMG!! Tomorrrrrooooowwww morning I have my Pre-op...

OMG!! Tomorrrrrooooowwww morning I have my Pre-op appointment. I am SO nervous!!! I had a great idea. I have found pictures of what I DO NOT WANT to happen to me! Perfect!

I trust the doctor. I just have to be sure that he knows what I want. What better way than to bring BA pictures that I find awful looking. I figure if I tell him what I do not want to happen that is Just as valuable as showing him countless pictures of great breasts. I will also bring along desired results and I am wearing a bra to make me look look i want to look after to my appointment.

My nerves are frazzled! I have been awful to my fiancee. Just on edge.

I also have this new attachment - feelings that I never have before, of a real fondness for my existing breasts. I wonder if any else feels that way in this stage of the decision. I am 2 weeks out from the surgery.

Maybe I am having cold feet and maybe my shortness with the fiancee is because he is way too excited about this!! I am creating conflict where there is none and pulling away, feeling like if I don't do this it may be -- well, ... terribly disappointing to him. On the other hand I want it too but..... I just don't know what to feel. I have always liked my body, it is the changes that occurred over the past 20+ years that have lead me to this point. I am not that fond of them now and that is why I decided to embark upon this however, it is not without much risk and I will never be the real me me again. I feel like I am going to miss the ME and feel sad that my fiancee has never expressed any feeling like that for me - it's like he is so ready to discard the ME for the fake.

I am driving myself nuts questioning EVERYTHING! I have to settle down and just remember why I am doing this without the outside influences. It is like cutting off a perfectly good body part on purpose to replace it with a prosthetic one. Hey, maybe I want longer arms but I am not cutting them off to have a fake longer ones, my legs either. I know a little dramatic example but that truly reflects how I feel today. Dramatic and over-the-top. It is getting so close and so real.

I know the Fiancee is just trying to be supportive but.... I feel so confused and I need support BOTH directions right now. If I do it or if I don't!!! I'm scared.

Well, Here I go off to get ready for the pre-op...

Well, Here I go off to get ready for the pre-op appointment. I am nervous and have many questions.

I only have one body and I would like to once again feel completely comfortable in my own skin. My body (Breasts) have changed so dramatically (in my mind) even if incrementally over 20+ years, it is hard to now feel good about them as they are today. The fondness I feel for my natural breasts today I know, stems from the fears I am facing.

My fiancee has been so great the past couple of days to put up with me. He was really amazing last night and this morning making me feel so accepted as I am and so admired too. I know I am not making this decision based upon his showing "excitement" the last month of my having having surgery to have larger fuller breasts. He is a man, lets face it in our society that is pretty normal for him to feel that way. He loves and adores me regardless that much is clear.

I have to make this final decision based solely upon my feelings and with eyes wide open to the risks. Do the risks outweigh the benefits? Do the Benefits out weigh the risks? The benefit here, is my being made whole in body to match the me inside which is beautiful and whole regardless of breasts or no breasts. In a way we are connected to the body in our self esteem though, and in another way we are totally independent of the body in that regard. When I look within I know I do not need this to be whole inside. I like me but, when I look in the mirror, I miss the breasts I once had. I used to feel beautiful, sexy and desirable. I think would feel more free inside to have that part of me back.

Question remains the same, is it worth it at the end of the day? Will I one day feel deep regret or will I feel joy to once again have my more desirable shape restored? Will it make any difference? IF we are looking to find a quick fix to our self esteem plastic surgery is not the answer I know that. The women and men that believe some changes in the way they look will bring about inner peace and happiness need professional help. (not to be mean or anything) It is like the people that believe if they just could win that lotto they would be so happy. NOT! I feel I am pretty solid and know myself pretty well. No I am not planning to make any decisions today but, it is a pre-op appointment and I know too that if I wish to, I can pay today and secure my tentative scheduled surgery. I have a choice. It is a serious decision. It will all hinge upon my comfort level after seeing my very talented Doctor. This may well be my final entry in my review. I wish to thank everyone for their support in that event, and say that this website is invaluable for the info and support and I am grateful! Thanks!! OR - This may be a beginning of my journey to taking back a part on my body once lost and hey, a little up-grade too!

Finding my Real Self either way!

Too Funny! I just got a call from the Doctors...

Too Funny! I just got a call from the Doctors office. They said I had called to move the appointment to 10:00am and they wondered where I was. I was just leaving the house to go to the 11:30 appt. I never moved the appointment. They were QUITE rude about it too!!

I rescheduled for Monday as the doctor had a previous commitment. I really am not at all fond of that receptionist!

Some History: And My review of office staff - When I called to make my consultation she (Black haired receptionist) was very very impersonal and cold. (a star off for that) I was so surprised. When I made an appointment for the pro-op and the tentative procedure, I didn't have any money on me. They require $250.00 at that time to be paid but she did make the appointments (she got star for that) and told me to just send the money since I am an hour away. I showed up the next day. She had had the day off and someone - very nice lady - by the way, was filling in and when she double checked the schedule, it appeared that the appointments were never really made at all by that nasty woman (a star off there too). So I made some new ones, ....The nasty black haired lady at the front desk gets BAD reviews from this customer!! In my opinion, If you are working in the area of service and have no rapport with the public then it is time to change professions! What a Witch. She could have been a little nicer rather than argue with me (all but called me a liar)- Not very professional! (star off for her attitude, another off for her lack of professionalism) I do understand that if they did call me to change the appointment, my mailbox has been full for the past month - I am not really attentive to my phone but hey, it is common sense of you cannot get a hold of a customer you send a card in the mail with the appointment change info. In my experience too Doctors offices usually call to confirm a day or two before any appointment. I just emptied the mailbox this last week. No such message. (star off for no appointment confirmation) so - one star for service out 5 possible stars at that Office!

Hey, it is Friday the 13th after all so, am I disappointed? - Not one bit! Not that I am superstitious but, I am glad that I am not taking any chances. The angels are looking out for me! It could have gone wrong I fear. Maybe I just needed more time to think....New plan.... Monday at 10:00am UNLESS that changes too! They better not call me at 9:00 and say OH - that was Eastern Time) lol! :)

I was so nervous at my appointment. Towards the...

I was so nervous at my appointment. Towards the end I felt so much more relaxed HOWEVER, I have normal to low blood pressure but that day I had a reading of 146/78!! A little nervous! The Pre-op did go well and left me with a good feeling! I feel confident I have made the right choice in a Doctor and have a fairly good understanding of what to expect after my appointment. My doctor was very open and listened to me, letting me communicate in my own unique way. He seemed so accepting of my opinions and never poo-pooed my feelings or fears. His professionalism shined brightly and I felt so blessed to have found him. His style of communication made me feel at ease and his knowledge and straight talk was so appreciated. It feels great to know that the doctor and I are on the same page. I cannot express enough how lucky I feel to have found my doctor.

I have lamented greatly over this decision. After all of my research and trying my best understand exactly what I am getting into, I feel moving forward with the BA is right choice for me. I feel at my age and with what I have going on with my breasts it is worth the risks to me to have my body back....well not really my body....While my old body or a version of it would be nice, I am going all the way for the upgrade. Not too big though, just what will look proportionality appropriate for my body. Can't wait!

Honestly, I would have NEVER contemplated doing this 20 years ago. This is a very serious choice and one that is not permanent. Chances are great to have to have a revision after this, develop a complication that calls for a correction, or just plain have to replace them in 10 years because that is the realistic life span. If you are lucky they may last 15 years or so. So girls, moral of the story, as soon as you get this done, best be saving for the next one. So don't run out spending like crazy on that new wardrobe; although tempting as it be, I am sure.

Barring complications; by October I feel I should be really loving my new breasts. They will be feeling like a part of me I always had. I will be celebrating my 49th Birthday and will be toasting all of you who have given me so much support on my journey!!

I am so excited 7 more days....I cant wait to up date my pictures for you. I am sure what they will be (clothed or not clothed) as I am a fairly conservative person. I thank all of you that are so brave to show so many aspects of the healing process, it has been so helpful.

I have lists of things I need to buy, things I need to have with on the big day, things I need to have that first day or two handy, foods to prepare ahead, concentrating on the nutritional values needed to heal. I have my pre-op vitamins and special supplements formulated for this type of procedure (cleared by the doctor to take), my special sleeping pillows and things, My list of prescriptions and coupons for prescription savings from www.rxprescriptioncoupons.com, and o/c meds for pain, stool softeners, etc. I have lists of things to get done before, and mental lists of things to modify in my home and life, to make all of this easier, better.

I think I will be ready!!

Still in gathering mode. Picking up prescriptions...

Still in gathering mode. Picking up prescriptions tonight and preparing for a weekend trip. Next Wednesday is my big day!! I am feeling so confident I made the right choice for me and for all for the right reasons. I feel I deserve this at this juncture in my life and after much research and soul searching exercises....I am here.

I am getting ready for the next phase in my life. I brand new chapter. Funny it should begin like this.

I would have never guessed even a few short years ago - heck even a year ago, that this would be in my future. Heck of a way to kick off a new life... and I am so excited about all of it!!

OK, so it is over! Well, not over just over the...

OK, so it is over! Well, not over just over the surgery hurtle. I really felt so comfortable with the doctors staff. The nurses and anesthesiologist were all so perfect. The doctor - well, really I did my homework and he was the Perfect Choice. He is so professional and just all around the BEST!

Hard to say about my final product as they are swollen. Looking great so far! I did see them early on and they were not so swollen and loved the result. but hey, they are perfect! Perfect placement and perfect size. I know they are looking a little huge at the moment as they are like 2 bowling ball on my chest.

So here is the program so far. I hydrated pretty good the two days leading up to the surgery and had a couple prunes here and there for good measure. Last night before surgery I took a laxative that is more of the harsh variety - one that works in 15 min to an hour... lets just say I was in there at 10 minutes and out of the bathroom in just under an hour. I took a shower, drank water and went to bed. Woke this AM took a brief shower washed the entire upper body with anti bacterial soap and headed to the clinic. Before surgery I was given two pills one for stomach upset acid and such, one for nausea. They allowed me to put on wrist straps for nausea (sea Bands - available at most Walmart or Walgreen stores) that I brought. I was a little slap-happy out of surgery in the recovery. No nausea, Had a dream of kayaking the Wisconsin River - Great Dream! Had to share that experience with the whole crew. Dressed back into my zip up sports bra - Light compression, and front button shirt. I took a pain med, one rather than two Vicodin, plus a stool softener for the ride home as it was one hour drive. I was anticipating a bumpy ride, Lots of bumps on the way, smoother on the way home though. Had a blow up neck pillow (great for customization of the firm and size!) I had a airline blanket and water with straws. Stopped at the golden arches for a ice cream cone mid-way. YUM! They made it huge.....usually they are pretty small. What Luck I Love Ice Cream!

HOME felt so good had my fiancee apply the arnica cream to the bottom and sides of the breasts took my Bromelain and arnica tabs, read and rested. made out a schedule of when to take what. I am putting reminders on the phone to tell me something is due. I am due. I ate some whole wheat saltines and some watermelon, later I ate a hard boiled egg and some cashews plus a banana and also 2 prunes for good measure. Took a nap and had more arnica cream on also the tablet supplements that go with that - Bromelain pills and dissolving tabs of arnica. Now I am writing and see it is almost time for pain meds. I plan to now take 2 extra strength Tylenol and see how that goes.

Hey girls the twins are looking good hats off to the Greatest Doctor Mr. Thomas Bartell, true body artist! He gets a 10 out of a possible 5 stats with this patient!

Well of to take Tylenol - thought I might just need more narcotic assistance tomorrow so better lay -off the hard stuff till then to give the intestines a little break from that! Do not want to have constipation that is for certain. I also have gotten up to walk for short spurts to help with the meds. Trying to lay pretty low today though.

Yay! Thanks to all of you that supported me through the fact finding and the decision making process and thanks ahead of time for the days to come!

I did forget to tell about the ice. My WONDERFUL...

I did forget to tell about the ice. My WONDERFUL fiancee (like over the top wonderful) went to the store while I was in surgery to get bags of frozen vegetables (bought the large bags). I iced all the way home from surgery. I also iced every hour for about 20 to 30 minutes and will continue to do so today and tomorrow morning but in the afternoon I will alternate the ice with the heating pad.

TIP: Icing makes the world a better place! I bought the small bags of peas and corn in prep for this thing. Leave the small bags at the store - The large bags are the way to go!

I am feeling tired today and will sleep a lot. We heal when we sleep so I assume my body wants that. I did not take the Vicodin this AM just Tylenol, the pain seem not too bad. It really has not been terrible at all. I did have a hard time last night at around 12:15, I had slid down the wedge I was sleeping on. My abs hurt so I instinctively used my arms to pull myself up - MISTAKE!! So, by 12:30 I was hurting and felt like I was swelling up instantly. Again Fiancee to the rescue he went and found some of that anti slip rubber in the cabinet. You can get it for kitchen cabinet liner or a even thicker variety for anti slip for rugs. Lowes has it for sure. Anyway, he put that under me and while I may have waffle-butt marks, it seems comfy enough and has holes for breathability. Between that and the ice (large bags of corn) I was feeling great and drifting back to sleep in no time.

TIP: Get a sleeping wedge and some of the non slip matting! A firm pillow for under your knees and a neck pillow - I love my blow up one I got at Walmart for the airplane trips. The adjustability is so great - soft or firm for different positions or my moods.

TIP: I used clothes pins to secure the two bags of veggies together in the middle where they meet, and a pillow below to hold them in place - on the wedge they like to slide down, my hands free device!

TIP: If you cant reach an itch have a back scratcher handy!! I also used it to comb my hair this morning - haha - duel purpose!

I am trying to stick to foods with vitamin K for blood clotting. I found that most of the foods I eat and Love are blood thinners. I cut out my red wine. I also tried to eat foods that are antiinflammatory, build immunity and those that are blood thickening before surgery but, I guess I did have a slight bleeding problem non-the-less on one side.

I feel all has gone so well but it is only day 2, the girls are doing fine and so am I. I am happy. No emotional issues and in a good place. No terrible pain today, and when I feel it building I just get out the veggies and am all better.

I updated the review of the clinic not that I have more experience with them and the only reason they get 4 out of 5 for staff is because of the receptionist. She took them down 4 stars but they surpassed my expectations and I give them a 10 like my doctor! Over the top great!

Tried to up date earlier but somehow it just...

Tried to up date earlier but somehow it just disappeared on me! Trying again...

Day 3: I am counting surgery day as day 1.

I am getting better everyday. Pain is changing, more precise pain today rather than general dull pressure pain. That is ok with me as it makes me feel I can better handle it. It makes me feel like I am really healing. The pain is not terrible. I took 1000mg of Tylenol this AM before my shower (first shower ahhh!) - just in case that irritated the new additions, and I just took 500 mg tylonol now (7 hours later) - slept through my dosage time. I am wearing a Hanes front zip bra available from Sears size medium with a strap. I am using the Arnica cream and see no terrible bruising and taking the Bromelain and Arcica tabs as well. I am a believer in that stuff and at www.healmenow.com the price was best ordering the combo pack with the vitamins, Bromelain and Arnica tabs together and then ordering the Arnica cream separate. I also ordered a sleeping wedge there and got everything 15% off for my first order, so that turned out to be the best deal on-line for sure! I also got my prescriptions filled with coupons from www.rxpharamacycoupons.com I paid less than one prescription for all 3!

Tip: Get vitamins specially formulated for surgery and Bromelain and Arnica tabs + cream it works!

The shower was wonderful!!!! I have a seat to sit down in my shower and a hand held shower head option so that worked out so great! I also had assistance. I am so grateful to my Fiancee for being there for me, I do not know hew I would do this without help. The first day I was so out of it! It is like they kick you out of those places before you can really even stand up on your own. I was so tired I didn't want to open my eyes. I remember them saying, "you have to open your eyes to get into the wheelchair". Haha, I just struggled with that.

I have been icing and alternating with heat today. My boobs feel huge still - hard and like bowling balls.

My bowels are working great today no constipation!! I attribute that to only taking one Vicodin and with a stool softener, and a stool softener with my first couple of meals thereafter. I have also been following each meal with a couple of prunes. I quit the stool softeners after the morning of day 2. I wanted to avoid the discomfort of constipation I have read so much about and I believe I am out of the woods on that one but will continue with the prune snacks ;-)

Nausea - I believe in the Sea bands I am still wearing them since before surgery and think they have kept me from getting nauseousness. I didn't need the nausea prescription but I didn't know that in advance so I had it half filled.

TIP: Sea Bands!! I bought mine at Walmart next to the Dramamine.

I have full sensation in both arms - it is common to experience numbness in upper arms, here or there, for this type of incision. I have normal nipple sensation but my skin does feel weird on the breast because it is stretched. The only time I had any reduction in sensation anywhere is when the swelling would start and ice helped that greatly, the Bromaline is supposed to be for inflammation as well. So I believe my keeping the inflammation to a dull roar has helped me greatly, judging from all I have read here on this most helpful forum.

I do have some edema which I believe is protection to my body while the capsule forms - I am no expert it just seems like common sense kind of thing considering how the body works. The body has to wall-off the intruder ;-) My poor body, no wonder I am so tired.

The discomfort in my breasts: I think it feels like a mammogram that never ends! 24 hour a day mammogram plates squishing my poor boob! It is too like when breast feeding and your milk comes in but, I think to me, the mammogram analogy is a better fit.

More later.... sleepy!

5 day Post-Op!! I have not updated in a while but...

5 day Post-Op!! I have not updated in a while but I have been busy ....sleeping :-) Actually I did Try to add an up-date yesterday but it just disappeared and I gave up and took a nap.

Tip: Sleep as much as possible we heal when we sleep

I went for a walk in the woods yeserday slowly, and sat down a couple of times to drink water and rest, the wonderful air and pine trees smelled SO GOOD! That was a healing experience.

Ok so, anyway.... I am a huge believer in less is more as far as pain meds go. I Ditched the narcotics as soon as possible (only took one after procedure) I Used Tylenol as much as possible, the healing process is inhibited the more drugs you have to take and EVERYTHING slows down. The kidneys and liver suffer; our poor livers are SO effected by the use of even OTC pain meds. While pain meds have absolutely been my savior, at the same time my body is my best friend. I tried to treat my best friend as well as possible. I used ice and then ice and the heating pad after the first 48 hours. I have been trying to gradually reduce the amount of Tylenol. Took 2 Tylenol yesterday (morning and night) - and yesterday was a bit uncomfortable but ice and the heating pad did wonders to get me by. I stopped the pain meds completely this am. I feel great! I get better and better by the hour.

Tip: Breathing exercises - Remember your Lamaze breathing? It helps here too, and breath helps to cleanse the body after anesthesia. Also: Try deep cleansing breathing making sure to exhale fully and inhale deeply.

One thing I neglected to mention that helped me so much is breathing. I did cleansing breathing a lot starting after surgery- you exhale FULLY, keep from breathing in for a count of 5, (you will now want to gulp in air but Don't) inhale slow and controlled until your lungs are totally Full - hold for a count of 8 - exhale slowly Very controlled, and repeat… I would do this 5 or 6 times several times a day. We sometimes forget to breathe well, especially when in pain. It is vital to our bodies to provide good blood oxygenation for healing and cleansing. Also healing visualization is helpful. Maybe I sound nuts to some people but it REALLY helped me!

My appointment was very good today. I got my stitches out under my arms! I got the ok to go ahead and shave and wash carefully this week! I can wear deodorant! I am honestly afraid to shave. I will let you know how that goes tomorrow. My strap was loosened too – never have taken it off, wore it in the shower and blow-dried it on my body, and that felt SO GREAT!!!! I am wearing a light support sports bra with the strap OVER the top and it feels wonderful to get it off my skin!! I can now take it off to shower and put it back on but, must wear it all the time for the next 2 weeks till my next appointment. These boobs are definitely worth the inconvenience or any discomfort!

It is Tuesday the official day count is....drum...

It is Tuesday the official day count is....drum roll please....
DAY 6: Having a great day! Everyday gets better.

One thing I wish I had known before I did this is, not to stress so much!! Trouble is that is just not who I am. ;-)

I may not have mentioned my abs were hurting after surgery. I had worked-out hard the night before and inflammation from above spread to that area not helping matters. By Saturday I was totally tired of the pain pulling myself up from the recliner or bed. My Fiancee helped me all day Saturday with my moving around. His help was such a benefit to my recovery that day. I am feeling SO much better today and it is almost better; it only took 6 days and by about 8 I expect to feel fully recovered from that. I have avoided the Tylenol today and feel good. I have had some hot poker pains in my upper arm today and last night but that was a reminder to behave myself! Ice and the heating pad were great friends, ...Totally avoidable if I would have behaved myself so today I learned to obey all the rules. I want to heal quickly and setting me back due to my own impatience is just stupid.

Tip of the day: is take it easy as long as you can and just concentrate on healing and do not push yourself as one moment of impatience may add a whole day on to your discomfort!

Loving the new me!
I will get around to the Pictures soon...

Day 7: One week ago I had just gotten home from...

Day 7: One week ago I had just gotten home from surgery. I felt less pain than I had expected. Today I can say the same thing, much Less pain than I expected. I went shopping today. Couldn't resist the sale flyer.....I couldn't wait to get home! I am not really wanting to shop I found. I just an a little afraid of ruining my breasts, overduing, setting myself back. Glad to be home! I am so tired!!

Added some pictures, I have to wear the strap 2 more weeks! I may do some pictiures without the strap latter in the week! I am liking the 375cc.

2 WEEKS! Sorry I have not updated in some time. ...

2 WEEKS!
Sorry I have not updated in some time. I did try but it just didn't work and I got frustrated.

Since my last up date I have felt that the hardest thing is to stay within the parameters of what I can and cannot do – (a.k.a. Doctors orders) I find that the heating pad and ice are my best friends still, especially at the end of the day. I am supposed to keep my arms at my sides for 3 weeks!!? Are you KIDDING ME! Whatever! Just try to go grocery shopping like that…. I swear everything is on that top shelf. Ugh! Genius that I be, I put my groceries in the trunk; didn’t want to have to reach across the backseat lifting bags….(that could hurt) Well after I got them in the trunk ;-) shutting that trunk was all kinds of fun –ICE PLESASE!!
It has been nuts trying to behave myself for the past 2 weeks.

I know this week I can reach over my head without pain because I HAD to do it several times. I have had an issue with a hot poker type of pain in the back of my arm then numbness following. I do try to be good and am 98% of the time :-) That pain is a great reminder not to be too stupid. My doctor did tell me that I could end up looking like a Picasso painting if I DON’T behave and that is also curbs my behavior. So far so good, they look amazing!

I found that the rice sizers were quite accurate. I look very close to the sizers. I liked the 350cc best and so I called that 375cc because I was told that you lose 25cc’s once they are in. In reality they are so close too! I have 375cc’s and do have some settling, dropping , fluffing to but I cannot imagine them changing just too much.

CHANGES: I see a rounder lower pole fullness developing since the first day. Around 10 days I noticed a softness also developing. They are still very firm but not hard as rock like when they were first done.
I have sore skin and nipples (over sensitive). I am rubbing in things like Euceriune cream and Bio Oil twice a day (unpleasant) trying to de-sensitize the skin and my nipples.

I have a ball-like lumps under my armpits under my incisions. I felt them the first time tried to shave them, around the 7th day and they grew in a couple of days (left side) to nearly golf ball size, (right side) marble sized. I called the doctor’s office but they told me to just wait until my 3 week check and the doctor will tell me what to do then and that I should do nothing for now. She told me it was an irritated tendon from not using my arms for so long….Yeah, about that, I didn’t sleep through anatomy class…. so I knew that was ridiculous!
In retrospect I should have called my doctor rather than the office help, he does give his cell phone number to his patients but I didn’t have it, my fiancee did but he was not available. I didn't want to be a pest either. I self diagnosed, and DR WOW decided it was more likely a hematoma or even a swollen lymph gland. SO… I started to gently massage them twice a day for 2 -3 minutes and apply heat 4 times a day. Within 2 days they shrunk to half size and man what a relief! The discomfort improved immensely! Today at 14 days they are still there (whatever they are) and about 1/4 the size they were a few days ago! Chances are they will be resolved by that 3 week appointment. :-)

That’s it for now ladies. Yay for boobies! Yay for sleeping NORMAL in a week!

DAY 16! Sleeping is not that great. Sick to...

DAY 16!
Sleeping is not that great. Sick to death of the wedge and just want to lay on my side -I am not a back sleeper. I hate irritation, discomfort and itching. Last night I had it all. I resorted to the strap only, ditched the bra, put Eucerine cream on my irritated places and that didn’t seem to help. Truth is…. I over-did on some exercise…I get a little obsessed when I put my mind to things. I committed to these ab exercises --even though after surgery my upper abs seemed terribly effected and sore and heck not to mention the only way to get up out of a chair or bed was to grit my teeth and use them – I decided to go for it even thought they were still somewhat tender. Didn’t I feel sore when I was doing it?? (you may wonder)…..YEP! I just thought to myself “no pain no gain and if you quit now it will show weakness, I will be a whimp”. Great pep talk huh? STUPID

JUST PLAIN S T U P I D!

So I have been going around in agony since Monday. It is Friday and I was so sick of my self inflicted discomfort last night, itching, moving around, scooting up, then down, fluffing my pillow, turning on the ceiling fan…etc,etc,etc… I went downstairs to the couch recliner, (feeling bad for my fiancée). I slept one hour there, kinda on my side but without squishing any important parts, and it was heaven! My poor significant-other came down to see if I was ok and woke me from my bliss. He cuddled with me there for a while. We retreated back to bed and I actually slept the one more hour till the alarm. He has been a saint. I keep him awake all night long trying to sleep lately. I hate sleeping on my back and on that wedge! It bothers me so much about keeping him awake with my antics that I start itching and stuff making matters worse guaranteeing to keep him awake for sure! I do feel less discomfort today under my breasts – mostly it was the right side that was worst from my exercise episode. I am so glad it's finally better……
so I thought …what should I do....
I should exercise, I'm feeling beter….Too funny but, that is the truth. I will try my BEST to behave! Not going there. Saving myself for a nice long bike ride and picnic his weekend!
Other than that I feel like progress is being made in my recovery. I feel less and less discomfort in my breasts and feel worst in the night. I often get ice (peas) and that helps. I don't wake with a lot of soreness (morning boob) …um, I think I get midnight boob! After being up all night it is better by the morning, lol.

I feel best if I veg-out and that is darn hard to do. I have been horrible about lifting my arms to do things. I haul a stool around – like that is much better to carry that around but, at least I don’t raise my arms as much. Love the boobs, they are changing and I like how it is coming along so far! Trying to not raise my arms today at all! (I made a strap to hold my arms in T-Rex position to remind me of my limitations :-)
The things we must do!

Day 13!! I had all restrictions lifted yesterday...

Day 13!!
I had all restrictions lifted yesterday at my 3 week appointment a coulpe days early. I feel great! I started really stretching my arms. I did a workout yesterday and after the workout - as one of my stretches, I just layed on the floor and with my arms out and elbows bent up at a 90. It was a stretch!!!! I stayed like that until it became more comfortable and doable. Funny how such a simple thing is such a sretch. I have some adhesions on the left that is clear and that is my hard side. The stretching helped tremendously! I feel GREAT! Thanks to all the support here! I feel so blessed to have found this site!

No more strap, No more sleeping wedge, and I can exercise again with the doctors belssing! ;-)

Day 21! 3 weeks Today! Well, I am so happy...

Day 21! 3 weeks Today!

Well, I am so happy with my decision and I have not had the pain I have read about on so many reviews. I have iced really often up until now though; greatly reducing pain and even avoiding pain maybe.

I have the transaxillary incision (armpit) I do not know if other incisions have similar issues with the tight muscles and tendons as I do but I assume it is not too terribly different if the implants are under the muscle- that muscle is going to be a little angry. (?) One thing that may be worse with this incision is that you have not moved your arms as much and the implant path had to of caused additional irritation to muscles and tendons and such. ... so, stretching them gently but firmly is a must.

I had some burning sensations in my left arm (upper) and hot poker pains, here and there with some topical numbness not a constant thing or too terrible but, it was there when I would over-do throughout the past couple of weeks; All that is pretty much gone. As I said, I started to stretch 2 days ago and realized a great relief from that. Just laying on the floor with my arms out is a stretch I feel in my high pectoral region then the bending them a 90 degrees up is really no fun but I feel great after I do it.

I hate pushing or pulling things! I must stick to my, no lifting or pulling or pushing, more than 10 lbs this week! I will be able to increase that next week and doing the personal physical therapy of stretching the way I described as well as a few harder to describe ways helps me a lot - as unpleasant as it is, it is a wonderful thing. I told my Fiancee last night that I have all my pain pills left over and maybe that is why the doctor prescribed so many…. for the physical therapy part of recovery! Ouch!

Today I give my zoo of animals baths. 5!! Two of which are like dog-horses and one that can only be described as is a dog hair disaster! Lhasa Apso - need I say more - Oh Boy!

I’m goin’ In………

One Month+: So it has been one month post op...

One Month+:

So it has been one month post op and about a week. I will not sugar coat this. I feel that so many here say "wow I feel so great" "I'm healed!" after a couple of weeks and some even sooner too. Reading some reviews - I would see pictures of women wearing swim wear or low cut shirts to show off their results a mere hours after surgery....hummm, I was sure it must have been some miracle or divine intervention after surgery!! However, reading further I would see 90% of the time a regression in recovery seemed apparent as they would have complaints of implants settling properly and pain issues. So was it divine intervention...No, I think it was the miracle of pain meds!!

I feel very good - not normal - I am able to perform most of the duties I did prior to surgery. I was very physically active. My body (or should I say my breasts, pectoral muscles ;-) alert me to when to quit or just take it down a notch.

Tip: Stretch your pecs after any physical activity that employs the use of them!

I feel way softer but not as soft as a natural breast. They fluctuate though throughout the day. Sometimes they surprise me how soft they are. Like right now - Yeah I had to check. Not only massage but stretching is great to encourage softness.

Tip: Do not forget when you are in a public place, ... don't check your breasts, or try to massage them to relieve a muscle spasm and such things :-) Haha but not so Haha when you see someone looking.

I feel better every week that passes and more toward normal. I am not fully there. I believe it takes a full 6 weeks to heal on the inside and more like 10 to be able to really use the pectorals the way your use to if you were really physical. I do exercise but modify or replace any exercise that uses the pectorals too much right now. It works for me.

I do love the results or the surgery and do not regret my decision. I just did not realize the healing would take so long after reading so many reviews here. Unless it is a divine intervention no matter what incision you get the body only heals so fast on the inside and the pockets are really important to a great final result so my advise in my own experience is - DO NOT rush your recovery, schedule your surgery so that is possible. Just take it one day at a time stay away from the pain meds if possible, above all else... listen to your body when you are not medicated pain is an asset. Do not over-do because your pain is masked.

That is my 2 cents today. I hope all the wonderful ladies that supported me are doing great! I wish all of you considering this to take it seriously, it is a very invasive operation. Your body needs 6 weeks to heal. Yes you can manage to return to work before then but you will have to baby yourself a little for the healing time. The bigger you go the more recovery to expect - The more complication that may arise, be informed. Then I say go for it! I am loving it! I feel like me again! ---Only even better!

6 weeks! Oh it has been 6 weeks I have looked...

6 weeks!
Oh it has been 6 weeks I have looked today at some progression pics without clothes (too shy to post nude photos) I can tell you that they look really good. I do notice a small dent right where the pectoral muscle ends on the right side and it does hurt still a little - not horrible but definitely there. I had the flu and didn't stretch for a couple of days and got pretty firm again. Worried me this AM but I did the stretches and feel soft again. Stretching is very important. My left is slightly different shaped than the right but them it was slightly bigger before - to me looks slightly smaller now, weird, but it is like it is more positioned to the side to create that illusion of size difference. The implant could have been places a slightly off. When I say slightly I mean it. I am one of those people that really notices differences. I am talking an 1/8" of less. We are all so critical of ourselves. No one would notice but me.

I would recommend to someone else interested in the armpit incision to seek a doctor that uses the scope to position the implants. The doctor I chose does it by feel . He has tremendous experience doing it that way so I felt OK with his technique and he did an great job. Unless your doctor has 20+ years experience doing it that way I would not trust it without the newer tools as it is harder to get the implant positioned with the armpit I understand. I am happy. I know the armpit incision is really a great way to go, and my scars will not ever be detected by 3 months I am sure of that. This doctor is great with sutures!

That's all for now! I will try to update a picture for you soon!

9 weeks! Now that it has been a couple of...

9 weeks!

Now that it has been a couple of months I can finally say that the periodic hard boob-itis I have been suffering from is over! I believe that the stretching has helped that so much too. My advise to anyone is to stretch whenever they feel that pectoral muscle contracting. It takes a while for the pec muscles to learn the new normal.

My boobs are really consistently soft and WAY MORE natural feeling. I feel no regrets over the surgery. While they may not be flawless, they are really pretty perfect in my eyes and in the eyes of my significant other--- who by the way I never knew loved boobs so darn much! Go figure!

I like that way they feel to touch and the way they feel a part of me. Most of the time I feel I WAS born with them. They seem bigger now too with the relaxing of the muscle and softening. I am wearing a 34D bra and while I wanted a 34C I am happy with them. I feel a D is unavoidable unless you stick to under 300cc due to the circumference of the implant. They don't look big in clothes but naked they look ......bigger.... but, nice and really natural in shape now. Most swimwear will never hide them but, I can still be somewhat conservative depending on styles.

The scars are getting more faded everyday. One is barely noticeable but the other will take more time. I had a problem with the tape an bleeding on that side. I feel so GLAD I did the armpit incision because I personally know that if I had scars on my breasts they would feel not like me so much (to me) ... like a constant reminder that they are not natural to me and to my significant other. I would feel self conscious. But that is just me.

That is it for now looking forward to my three month check up in Late October. I will check back in then!

I only have a picture of 44 days out. NO new ones and I have a cold and do not want to have to take a new one. I will upload that and will take a new one at 3 months. They look OK in the 44 day picture but they look even better NOW!

10 Months Later....

I am happy with my results. I have a natural look. They seem bigger as the months pass and the muscles have relaxed. At first in clothes I felt they looked not much bigger. The muscles were tight, now I do not like to wear some things because they look kind of big and in other outfits a little matronly. If I were to gain weight DEFINITELY matronly. I still have a weird feeling in my right one, like a pain sometimes. I definitely feel best to sleep in a sleep bra. Real or fake they will succumb to gravity. Overall I feel lucky to have gotten to this point of recovery and not to have complications. I feel glad I did this 90% of the time. The other 10% is mostly when I exercise and cannot do the chest exercises because it feels uncomfortable still. When look in the mirror and think I used to look thinner with smaller boobs. When I feel the strange feelings of pains or like there is air in them. I guess that is the trade off for not going silicone. The saline does that a little here and there. I am glad for my piece of mind that I did go saline though. My prayers are with everyone out there that is considering going through this or that has developed complications, as well as for the women that are satisfied and so lucky to be healthy with no issues. I feel I am a member of that latter group. So far so good.

Changes

I found this picture diary I made to show how I changed over 7.5 months. I did not take new pictures and will not until one year. I do not have any before pictures I can find.

Nearly one year

One year later .... on my actual anniversary I will post new pictures. I have weird feelings in them still and it is like air or slushy water, or just plain odd. It is not that bad though. They ARE fake and so I have to ask myself ... what did I expect?!
They are nice but I still do miss that athletic body now ans then. My husband is thrilled all the time. He CONSTANTLY says how gorgeous I am. (Oh Boy!) No wait... that should be (Oh Girls!) Too Funny!
I find myself wanting to lose this 8 lbs I gained after the surgery..... AFRAID to do it for fear of losing it in the boobs and them feeling totally fake! Am I being stupid? ????
Anyway, do look to see my one year anniversary pictures on July 28!

Year anniversary coming soon...

No pictures yet. Just thoughts...
No one ever really talks about the strange sensations and feelings of having the fake boobs. It is not like the real thing! I think that some of the women here are so excited to have boobs and feel more accepted or sexy or whatever, that it is like a trade off. (Never seen so many BOOB mongers, lol)......joking ladies! Or maybe it is that so many women do not up date after being fully healed and tell of the experience from that new prospective. (Reviews of Life AFTER augmentation - rather than through the decision making process and the initial healing reviews) people here seem to me to be so over the top boobie happy....maybe it is the drugs of recovery ;-)

I feel it is important to understand the AFTER for women that are considering this. To know what the fears are and what the feelings are both emotional and physical. If those woman that had this done one year or more ago could all tell honestly the pains, the victories, the new problems (that were just traded for the old rather than GONE), and the weird side effects that it would be helpful to those just plain excited not seeing the big picture. I tried to I research my butt off but still my experience though mostly positive is not completely as I expected. It is like child birth..... no one wants to tell the TOTAL truth or no woman would do it, lol. Not really, but you get the point... I know it cannot be just me having weird feelings in my breasts and other things. YES, some days I DO miss my old figure. They can get in the way, inhibit your working out and change some of the positive that was in your life as well as if you gain a little weight make you look fatter or even matronly. It just scares me to see 20 year olds doing this!! How many of these operations do you want in your life? Fake wont last a lifetime. AND, Dang have your babies first!! Getting huge boobs before breast feeding is like asking for a future breast lift, how much can your skin/frame support! The boobs can double in size breast feeding! Can you spell stretch marks? Enough for now girls... I will share with you more in my next review on my one year anniversary end of this month, complete with pictures. I ask the rest of you to stick with this and share next year and the one after. Thanks!

I encourage everyone that may stumble upon this message to come back in a year and every 6 months after to tell your experience. Without the sugar coating for the newbies.

ONE YEAR AFTER TRANSAXILLARY 325/375CC

ONE YEAR! Yes, it has flown by. I found a picture of me in the sports bra before. I do not remember begin that small however the sports bras to tend to squish a little. I wish I had some pics without clothes of before, but I do not.
Looking back I do not regret the decision. I do have to say I live in fear of complications and probably always will as long as I have them. I have not had any health issues or problems that way but I do find that chest exercises are uncomfortable not painful just the kind of feeling that tells my body NOT to go there. I have weird sensations sometimes. I mostly feel good about my decision. It has made me feel more confident. I do not have to worry about going swimwear shopping or finding that padded bra that looks natural. I used to feel self conscious when I have to take it off. I do have to be careful to pick clothes that do not make me look fat because of the boobs. Looking at the pictures I have to say it is a MAJOR improvement. It has been a long road. I have gone through many stages of healing and so many feelings. I have seen wonderful women on here have wonderful results but then develop complications. It is so hard to think about that. It is like when you are in an accident and some are killed but you live, why?? It is so random. My heart bleeds for them and then rejoices in their strength and resolve. So far this is working out for me, and I am very grateful. It is a very serious thing.

Chest Exercises!

Just when I thought that I was out of the woods...... It has been 13 months and I started chest exercises recently. All was going well and I was thrilled to be pretty much back to normal. I guess I spoke too soon, I have the old nasty pectoral muscle discomfort again on my right side especially (weaker side I am left handed) . It feels like a tightness grabbing me. I am not happy about it at all. I have decided that chest exercises are not my thing. I will stick to arms and try not to do the chest so much.
Oh well.... as I said previously, it is a trade off in ways. If I do not develop complications I will still consider this a positive move. Other than that, lookin' good.
Madison Plastic Surgeon

I found my doctor from reviews on this site. Thanks! Very happy with my decision to go with transaxillary. Doctor was a little rushed though. He was great at pre-op though. I brought cash to pay to pre-op as per instructed to do so for a discount by the receptionist - no checks or credit cards just good lo' greenbacks please.... The cash thing kind of struck me as weird. I can totally understand giving a discount for cash as in a check, or money order, or even a cashiers check. Something. Rather than have to pay the fees associated with credit cards that would warrant a discount but why green bills only? It felt a little weird carrying around over 5,000.00. He is a little quick in his after care appointments, you MUST be prepared with questions he leaves no time to think. It is QUICK! He will just get up a start walking out! I really didn't need a longer appointment it just made me feel rushed out like wham-bam-get the heck out mam! Funny! He did an outstanding job with my procedure and I do like the final product. oddly my scars are at different angles and the right side always felt weird like it needed support or the implant would slip out of pocket after the procedure and even now after 12 weeks it feel s different. The staff receptionist could use a personality augmentation for sure. The other staff at surgery seemed very nice though. I am happy with the end result but know of one other person that had a bad result with complications and she was treated the same as me. Quick, rushed and she had to drive long distances to her appointments. I would feel the need for support and a caring bedside manner if I had complications. I do not know looking at it that way if he deserves more than a couple of stars no matter what result I have today. If I do develop complications I would like to know he would be there for me as a doctor to help me. Don't know....

Thank you SO much for your review. It is by far the most honest and heartfelt one I've read. I think it's so necessary to hear honest reviews on the good the bad and the ugly post surgery. Especially longer than the typical 5 months post op. I share very similar concerns about size, comfort, weight gain and finding the right clothes that fit without looking frumpy or matronly. I've never had issues with clothes with my smaller chest ONLY in bikinis, lingerie and workout wear. Is this a good enough reason to get implants? I really like my athletic body and work hard for it. But my stature is not tall and I have a short torso. So although I'm lean I have a wide frame and it can come across as a medium build in clothes. I'm afraid with implants I'll look top heavy. My surgery is Jan. 15 and I feel like I'm coming down with cold feet.... If you read my review you will get a better perspective of me and my desired outcomes. I'd be grateful for any insight from you.
I agree that it would be helpful if more women would update a year or more after surgery, there are many trade-offs, I personally don't think larger breasts are worth it.

Thank you for your 1 year post op update! It's nice to hear how women are feeling both emotionally and physically at this point. Sorry to hear about the chest exercise discomfort but I'm glad to hear that you can just stick with arm exercises for now and that you have no other complications. Congratulations...you look picture perfect!

Hi Wow63, I don't have a profile as I am in the very beginning steps of the "upgrading" process. I have a consult next week. Out of all the RS journals, yours was not only the most relatable but most real and descriptive of the mental aspect, which to me is most of the ambivalence. You mention that any pect exercises are a NO... I am on a internationally competitive dragon boat team (we are competing in Italy next year for the World Championship!) and paddling is a must. And this is not the average leisurely kayak paddle, this is a hard core stroke a second paddling for guts and glory type of thing. I am really concerned that going from my natural 34B to a 34C+ or D would inhibit my competing. Plus off the water I go to crossfit bootcamp class 3-4x a week, meaning lots of "push strength and conditioning" exercises. Am I crazy for wanting beautiful boobs that are sexy and look great in a tee shirt without the 45 year old sag? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks again for all your time and honesty.
Sorry I have not been here in a while. I really do not have the problems on the left side - maybe he made the pocket on the right a little (different?) I did have real issues on both sides for about 10 months though. I think my pectorals had to learn to get along with the new roommates. ;-) My doc also said that womens' pecs are WAY different than mens' and we have such a thin muscle. Maybe most women do but, I feel not everyone is the same! Some of us that have USED our pectorals more may just have MORE - or even genetically predisposed to have more. Heck, some men can naturally muscle up and some men just do not have it in them! My take is this, We cannot think that it will be the same after all the implants. I loved to workout rather aggressively and asked my doctor specifically about how implants under the muscle would effect my fitness lifestyle; and he just said, they may move a little interestingly and if in a public gym to wear a baggy shirt over top if doing chest exercises because people might notice. My workouts are in private and so I paid not much mind to it. I now see that it is MORE than the way they move, it is how they feel too! If I were you, and this meant a lot to me to do this, I would look into the over the muscle technique and speak to people that have done this that way and how it effects them. It sounds like you activities are a huge part of your life and you have to 1. Have time to heal. 2. Know that this may effect your performance and be ok with it. 3. research all your options to make it wirk best for you if you still want to go ahead with it. I really think that over the muscle may be your answer and also size may be important so that they don't get in the way too much. I would wear falsies in a sports bra and do what you normally do and see if size may be an issue and how big works best. I do know where you are coming from. You do so much to look and feel your best and seeing 'them' in the mirror .... it just isn't fair is it? You sound absolutely amazing!
Thank you so much! And for your kudos. Your journey is inspiring and I truly appreciate you sharing so much of it with us. Your thoughts on how a BA could affect my paddling and other activities, very helpful, I have my 1st consultation next week. Your reply gives me more to ask about. Thank you and please keep sharing :-)
Thank you for your detailed review. It is such a help to hear from people after a longer time with implants.
I am so glad you found it helpful! Best to you and, I will include you in my prayers for a wonderful happy outcome!
Thank you for being so real and sharing your story step by step. I'm 31, going to my pre-op this upcoming monday. So it's so awesome to read your story from beginning to year 1
You too are in my prayers. We all need all the prayers we can get. I will pray for no complications! You will be just fine I am sure and so happy when it is over. Best of luck!!
I love your review! It is so thorough and honest. It's great to read about someone else who has done the transaxillary incision, not to mention a full year or review. Very helpful! Also, Congratulations! Your boobs look beautiful!
Just found this review and am so glad I did. THIS is the kind of review I've been hoping to see more of on this site. Real answers. I'm happy for those who are boob-giddy, but I want to know what's REALLY going to happen or go through my mind. I have a pre-op next week and I'm so nervous. I've already paid my deposit and have a date set, but once I get to the appt next week, it's committal time. It's a big deal! May I ask, what was your pre-op weight? I'm similar in height to you at almost 5'4" and I think I'm around 120#. I don't weigh myself. I'm 35 and worry about putting on weight down the road and how that would affect the breast size. I worry a lot. About everything. With the exception of my breasts, I'm happier with my body now than I ever have been, even before having kids and I worry that I'm going to ruin a good thing by going for implants. I'm researching like crazy and have booby brain all day. I guess we all feel that way. Well, most anyway. Just wanted to say thanks. I appreciate your honesty.
Love your handle - reflects a great attitude! I went to your review and I see us as very similar. If you look at my "before" shot with the sports bra (black and white) and the "now" in the same garment it is an amazing the transformation in me. I was pretty deflated from nursing, weight loss and just breast atrophy that happens with age. I do not have any nude before pics. I was 115-118 pounds - depending on the day. I worry a lot too. A real over thinker! I mean heck, I bought a caliper! I researched EVERY aspect of this thing!! So, you are like that too huh? I was so afraid of looking matronly and hey, that is STILL a concern. I look great in most clothes but some sloppy fitting things 'I think' make me look dumpy or matronly. I am as big as I would ever wish to be both in breast and body. I did put on some weight after - Hey, in all fairness 2 lbs are the implants. They DO get bigger with weight gain just as before. I am now about 124 - 128 and look fantastic I think. I do aspire to get back to my old weight + maybe 2 lbs for the implants. So I want to be 117 - 120. Happy researching! I Googled the brand of implants my doctor liked to do, to get the size of their different profiles. He said he would only do moderate profile and if I wanted stripper/Vegas boobs I came to the wrong place. I decided right then and there he was my guy! BUT LATTER I was worried about the implant getting too much into my armpit or worse!!! (uniboob!) He told me they position them to be centered under the nipple. Then, I was really worried..... I bought the caliper!! I brought it to my pre-op and told him why I wanted to go moderate plus, explaining why the cc's I wanted would be a better fit with that profile for my chest he agreed and ordered in my special implants. I am HAPPY! I think after a woman has breast fed a baby the moderate plus gives that little bit extra projection that is nice. It is not much but I love my result (natural NOT stripper - no scars!) and honestly even though I didn't have enough boob to say I had breast "sag".... the skin was a little loose around the nipple. I look like I never had kids now!! I had slight stretchmarks from babies too and they are VERY hard to find. :-) I was very strong especially upper body prior to surgery - my breasts seemed to get bigger as time went by and I know people call it "fluffing" here, but it was way later than people speak of here. I figure it just took way more time for my pectoral muscles to relax. I also had like, contractions in my breasts, off and on sporadically for a long time after the surgery. It was like my pectoral was resisting the stretch?? That quit after 9 months but in the latter months I would stretch against a wall and that made it let go. At 10 months everything changed for the better.
Thank you again for the incredible feedback! I'm thinking mod+, too. On my page you recommended saline. Both surgeons that I've met with said I should go with silicone. Why would you recommend saline? Just curious because I thought I was set on saline before the consults and they didn't necessarily talk me into silicone, but after both recommending it, I've swayed that way.
By the way, I love your results!!! You look fantastic!
You look really amazing. I have scheduled TransAx, saline, 365cc, under muscle for Sept 4. I too am very active - Yoga is something I LOVE and it requires a lot of upper body strength. How are you feeling now in the area of upper body strength? I'd say you look very very perfect!!
Thank you so much. It has been 13 months now and I feel good. Over the past month it seems like they have gotten even better and changed since last month in that ..... drum roll please...... I am FINALLY able to do UPPER body work outs without feeling weird. Maybe a little weird but, before it was just plain strange and Uncomfortable. I AVOIDED upper body all together! Push-ups really made me feel yucky. I feel nearly normal. I have always done things like kayaking and did use my arms though without issues just some exercises I just hated doing. Now I am BACK at the whole thing! I am not sure what happened but my patience has paid off. I am not going full throttle and doing modified push ups but it is going well. ALWAYS listen to your body!! To me waiting until I felt comfortable was small price to pay. I believe (have a theory) that capsular contracture has many causes.....Bacteria, irritation against the muscle etc, etc.. I believe for ME that it just took 13 months for my capsules to settle down and fully form properly and just plain heal. Healing on the inside and allowing time for the capsule to form is important in my mind. In my mind and my theory it was my contribution or even insurance against developing a contracture. It was ALL I could do, and I wanted to do ALL I could. You listen to your body too and don't fret about your workouts. You will be doing everything again. 1 month or 13 like me, it will be worth the wait. I was in good shape before so even the 13 months off didn't make me all fat and flabby! I look fine. I am going to be 50 soon and so maybe I just heal slower on the inside? I feel not a day over 30! I am very healthy and seem to heal pretty fast otherwise. It could be the Transaxilary factor.To me the TransAx was a longer recovery and hard to be good but, worth it! NO scars!!!! You cannot see the armpit incisions at all. I look very natural and I followed the Dr orders to keep my arms down and that was tough but, he said if I wanted to look good naked I should abide by his recommendation. It was interesting to tighten up so much after healing and the stretches I did were VITAL! Good luck!!!!! And remember, Everyone is different. I will be thinking of you September 4th and my prayers will be with you for a wonderful result and recovery.
you look amazing and i loved reading your review. it looks like you were born with perfect boobs. it's nice to hear about what the recovery is like after a year.
Thank you so much. It is so funny how things change and the sloshing you talk about... that has not happened to me in a couple of months. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I have to message them to make them feel NORMAL. Weird air like sensations in there. Then it is better. I think that mine have changed for the better in the last 2 months. I love them lately. I made a naughty slide show for my husband that travels... teehee. --tastfully done ;-) Smokin' HOT! I am amazed that is me!
I know what you mean. I told me bf that I have to send him all new dirty pics so he can get rid of all the ones where I had no boobs. Lol
Thank you for sharing and being so honest about the both the good and the bad. I like you had this op in my 40's after children and I feel i can identify with your story and your thoughts about it. Recovery was harder and longer than I was told. I think It's mad to tell women they can go back to work after only four or five days! When I had a c-section I was told it takes 6 weeks to get back to normal and I would say this op is just as a long recovery. I also agree with you that you exchange one set of worries for another. In my case I am now happy with size and feeling more womanly but from time to time I feel upset about some assymetry I did not have previously. I should probably tell you I am now 16 months post op and my god this has been a emotional to say the least. Also just want to say you look beautiful and try not to worry about complications. My own mother has had her implants since 86 and never had any problems. Please keep writing, we need this kind of honesty here on this site.
Thank you. Yes I also felt the recovery was longer than some say. I too am also glad to have waited until my late 40s as I did and had the breast feeding and natural atrophy under my belt. I knew where my body was at, and where it was going. I feel sorry for the girls doing this before breast feeding. I never got stretchmarks from childbirth but did from breast feeding and some drop. (Funny my stretchmarks seemed to disappear after the BA.) I just think the young girls may need a revision after that. (I never want to do this twice) One surgeon on here said nothing that can guarantee you a revision as much as a revision. To me that says avoid a second surgery if at all possible! Thanks to you sharing about your mother, I do feel better. I will try to quit the worry... That could give me grey hair! Ugh! ;-) I know what you mean about the emotional issues. I did see your picture and see what you mean about asymmetry but you look great. In clothes no one would ever be the wiser. Some of this is dependent upon our differences from side to side, the small things we do not notice are amplified by augmentation. BUT, I also believe it is the way the pocket was formed by the surgeon that dictates as well. You may have had a little of both. My surgeon DEFINITELY made my pockets different. (maybe because of my bones, chest slope was a little different, or something...) Maybe he was wanting to compensate? I never knew I had any issues. I can tell by the way mine feel the pockets are different and one is lower. The right side I supported differently while healing because the bottom of the pocket was weaker and I was freaked out about that (it was like I could feel the implant trying to slip out from behind the muscle - freaky!). Another of his patients had theirs slide down and do a double bubble thing. She shared her experience with me before mine and so when I felt that was a possibility for me I was very careful on that side, I pushed it up and wore my sports bra holding it tightly . It was not until month 10 that I felt more comfortable about that pocket and not totally. It is a little lower not too bad and still sometimes I just feel funny know it needs extra support. Yeah, even the real thing is not perfect though. I am just grateful feeling. You need to write too. It is good to keep telling about how we are changing and our experience. Honest, and real.
Hi There, thanks for sharing your story. I have my first BA scheduled for sept 12, its nice to here a review thats not just "yay boobs" and to know what i'm in for after... when your say that you don't do chest exersizes etc, does it actually hurt? are you afraid of damaging them? I'm contemplating size right now and I feel my doc is suggesting a size a little larger than what I feel comfortable with, you mention the breasts making you feel a little heavier, do you feel going with a little smaller implant (I didnt see what size you have) might help with this feeling?
Risks and complications I researched heavily. I also tried to be realistic about size. I think that most doctors will tell you that the most common regret newly augmented patients tell them of is "I just wish I had gone bigger". It is not the fact that they really believe you should they are just (men)... kidding, no, it is just that they hear it so much. I think MOST people get what we fondly refer to as "Boob Greed" at some point or another. For the first few months I think some women feel that way but hey, the skin is still going to sag and bigger is not necessarily better. I have spoken with two women on another site that wished they had gone bigger in the first 4 months and now it has been one year for one and 2 years for the other, and they BOTH say Man, I went too big because of gravity and sag and just discomfort. Fake boobs can be darn uncomfortable at times too. I feel weird things all the time. It is a silicone bag of saline under my skin and muscle .... what did I expect right? It is NOT horrible do not mis-understand me, it is just that I wish someone would have told me to expect this because I expected after healing to just feel totally normal for the most part. Also unless you have a long torso, you risk looking matronly or sloppy or fat in some things that are not form fitted if too big (I am borderline). God forbid I gain some weight and do not want to be so fitted. I have always been fairly slender but being only 5'3" I must watch it! On the flip side... I would like to maybe lose 8 pounds but on my frame that 8 really shows and I remember pre- boobs that the 8 seemed to come off the size of my chest as well as the more desirable places. I am honestly afraid of losing some breast tissue and having wrinkling of the implant show in certain positions or be palatable by my significant other!! Ugh! As for exercise, I was warned by my doctor that I should leave certain exercises to the home gym or wear a big sweat shirt at the gym for certain chest exercises because people may notice them moving in an unnatural way. Mine are behind the muscle and yes they do move a bit wonkie (that's a word right?) They feel yucky as they flex too. I also fear irritation the area too much. I read tons of FDA reports and such, some of which site friction as a factor (there are many theories) in capsular contractor. I do NOT believe in putting myself at more risk and so I do avoid chest exercise but sometimes we all do things that involve that muscle group and when I do it feels uncomfortable for me, another reason I choose to avoid it. Long and short of it, if you are young only go as big as YOU feel will be comfortable because, barring complications, you will need to have at least one more surgery in the future (after children or with natural sag) and then elect to go maybe higher profile and maybe a little bigger to avoid the breast lift and those nasty scars, but that is just MY feeling. I have a small chest and rib cage. I went with moderate plus (because the plain moderate was so much a wider implant) and 325 size filled to 375 was my choice. I researched implant manufactures dimensions and measured my chest with a mm caliper. I should have maybe gone with a 300 filled to 350 because that one was less diameter but this is my last surgery - at my age should last my lifetime - and I listened to all the boob greedy gals and went as big as I could for my frame. Sometimes the get in my way. I was 34 A/B before surgery. Full 34D after. You will do what is best for you. Good luck!
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Your reinforcing what I have fealt through this process and that is to go with my gut and go with a smaller size, I'm almost 5'8" so most docs (I have been to eight consults) talk about "what I can handle" but I don't feel just because I can means I should, even though I'm on the taller size I still have a very small frame, I wear a sz 0/2 dress! Thanks again for keeping up with the update and sharing your very sound advise.