Breast Reduction, Best Results Ever and Completely Happy - Madison, WI

I am a small person 5'-1" and had...

I am a small person 5'-1" and had extremely large breasts. I was completely top heavy at a size 40 DDD. My neck, back, shoulders, and head hurt all the time. I felt old and just plain ugly. I had wanted this procedure done for years and finally just had to go for it. Best decision I have ever made...well that and the Tummy Tuck. I am now a perfect size 34 full B and love it.

If you are considering this procedure don't drag your feet for 19 years like I did. Just do your research and go for it.

I wish I had done this years ago. I am so completely happy with my results. Would do it all over again if necessary.

I have had so many people ask for pictures so I have decided to post these.

Updated July 24, 2011

Hello all of my beautiful ladies!

As you all know RealSelf and helping people is a passion of mine.  I want to spread the word to as many as possible about our wonderful breast reduction community.  This is an amazing support group and I know we will continue to support and educate many others.  So in order to do that I am asking for your help.

If you have found value on RealSelf and want to make it easier for others to find this information here are some ways you can help spread the word:

Use the social media tools on the left side of the page in the breast reduction review section. Click on Google +1 and Facebook Like.  You will need a Google account to do this but that is very easy to set up.

I thank you all and really appreciate your help:)
Hugs,
Kim

Hi Ladies,

You may now follow me on Twitter where you will find fun articles and blogs.

Kimmers

Updated December 6, 2011

Bikinis, fun and sun in the Dominican Republic!

The hubby and I are heading out on a 12 day adventure vacation tomorrow morning.  I freaked him out at told him it was an “All Nude” resort!!!   Just kidding, no place to hide the tummy tuck scar there….LOL

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be 47 and wearing a bikini in public again.   Thank goodness for tummy tucks, breast lifts and lipo.  So is it wrong for 40 something’s to wear a bikini??

While I am gone there are some wonderful ladies who will take great care of you.   I will be back on December 19th.    So don’t panic when you don’t hear from me for a couple of weeks.

Happy Holidays to everyone:)

Still loving my new boobs...but they are growing!

It's been a while since I last updated but until now I have not had much to add.

A few weeks ago my doctor took me off my Premarin, I have been on it for the past 16 years and done really well. Since I am quickly turning 50 she thought I should get off the meds for safety and health reasons.

The first two weeks were hell. Hot flashes, mood swings, loss of sleep and just plain grumpy..Ugh! My body is adjusting but now my boobs are growing, what the heck.

I was a nice perky "B" cup and now I am up to a full "C" cup. I had to break down and buy new bras this week. Good God what next, a D cup. Oh lordy I better not go back up to that again. If I have to do another reduction I certainly will. I am not afraid of the surgery and would do this all over again for the perky B cups.

Stay tuned and I will let you know how much more they grow. I feel like I have the curse of the big boobies LOL, As long as they stay off my waist I am sure I will be fine. With my luck I will end up like my great auntie. Hers seriously sat in her lap well into her 80's.

5 year post op picture

I wanted to add my five year post op picture.  As you can see they are holding up!   They did grow a little bit due to my estrogen issues.  Gotta love turning 50:)

Middleton Plastic Surgeon

He is awesome! He is kind and compassionate and absolutely the best surgeon ever. His surgical skill is the best of the best and he takes pride in his work.

You look amazing! It's so helpful to see the transformation over the years. You healed beautifully and the results are phenomenal!!
Thank you so much.  Yes, I am very happy with the results and would do this all over again if necessary.
RE: HRT. IT's frightening what we, as women - never learn about our bodies and how BENEFICIAL estrogen is for our bone strength, heart health, mental clarity, natural lubrication, etc... THE ESTROGEN IN PREMARIN/PREMPRO DOES NOT SYNTHESIZE INTO WHAT IS BIOIDENTICAL FOR OUR HUMAN BODIES. The "estrogen" is derived from pregnant horse's urine, hence the name PREMARIN, PRE for pregnant, MAR for mare. I URGE EVERY WOMAN WHO READS THIS TO GO TO DR. ELIZABETH VLIET's website @ www.herplace.com and EDUCATE YOURSELF! 12 years ago @ age 42... The information I absorbed after reading her book 'Screaming To Be Heard' quite literally SAVED MY LIFE & SANITY! We need to really know exactly WHAT SPECIFIC HORMONES TO BE TESTED FOR & have them tested on certain days of our cycle. My GP's routine "am I starting menopause?" test results said NO. ON THE OTHER HAND, WHAT I WAS REALLY & TRULY EXPERIENCING that was determined by asking for the specific tests I needed, resulted in a recommendation of hysterectomy WITH ovary removal! BEST THING EVER! I ALSO STARTED ON AN ESTRADIAL PATCH - which is an all natural form of estrogen...approved by the FDA in the 1970's. And WHY DON'T OUR DR's PRESCRIBE THIS??? Because IT IS CHEAP! The big Pharma co's really do influence what our docs are prescribing us. Take it from me. I was a nurse in an OB/GYN's office and saw first hand the perks, rewards & incredible incentives the docs were getting for the meds they were prescribing.
Hi Kimmers! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR STARTING THIS WEBSITE. What a difference it has made to 100s of people, including me. I am so grateful to you for a courageous act that led to us all being a little braver and helping one another. GREAT IDEA! I'm still not sure if you had a 2nd reduction or not, or if your breasts stopped growing again. HOPE SO! BTW why on earth shouldn't a woman wear a bikini at 40??? (As long as the flabs are not rolling! HAH!) Randy and I even went to Maui in 2004 (I was 53 & he was 54) and ended up on a nude beach!! It was hilarious (for us, I mean, and we did not outwardly show our laughter on the beach) bc we all are pretty much arranged identically and I certainly had no pleasure getting sand in THERE, and I guess I do not "get" nudity except with my honey... whatever, you go girl! I looked as nice as any of the other women on that beach and I was way over 40! However, you no doubt know a bit of my story and the TT/lipo has changed my life...I haven't been this happy for many yrs. I am short like you, and I still am "over weight" by the charts (but from this site I learned that only 6 weeks out I am still swollen) but I no longer have that bulging belly and thunder thighs... big improvement!! I am hoping having a slightly improved face, especially having a neck and a chin, will give me an even bigger lift! thanks again for all you do to help so many others! Maggie
Thank you Maggie:)   I did not have a second reduction.  I started back on my Premarin and that fixed all the issues, including the hot flashes.  I am just not ready to be off of this med.  It's day and night how I feel on and off the meds.  My doctor agreed to let me stay on this for another couple of years and then a slow wean off.

I think you should wear a bikini no matter what the age.  If you feel good I say do it.  I love the nude beach story, too funny.  Good for you guys..
Just wanted to thank you for sharing your BR journey over the past few years. It is so helpful! What a beautiful transformation! On 7/29, I'm going in for a BL with a "cosmetic" reduction. I'm not too sure what the difference is? I do know I will be getting a lift and saying good-bye to the "side" boobage I got going on. I'm 52 and have waited to do this for several years now. It's finally here! Please keep us updated, letting us know how you're doing! I'm on hormone replacement therapy and would like to wean off the meds in the next 6 months or so. Not looking forward to the return of the hot flashes! How long did yours last after quitting HRT? Thanks again for sharing your experiences! Take care!
Thank you, I am more than happy to share and the years go by.  I was off the HRT for about 4 months and couldn't do it.  I had to go back on for a while.  She told me she would give me a couple more years.  We will then start the ever so slowly taper off.  Not looking forward to that at all.  The hot flashes and mood swings were horrible.  Plus I swear my boobs started growing again.  Once I went back on the meds, they stopped.

Oh to be a woman:)
Lye10UP-- Please read my comment about HRT a few responses downward. One has to consider risk/benefits. It's true that the odds of heart disease and breast CA are increased, but the actual # of cases more is not a huge number. And what is the harm when one goes DECADES without the naturally occurring hormones?
Thank you for all the pics of your breast reduction. It's really helped me to see what I will look like post surgery. What was your pain level post surgery? I too am not a large woman, but thanks to Prempro during menopause, I went from a 34 C to a 36 J. So looking forward to purchasing new bras!
No problem I am happy to share.  My pain level was not so bad.  I had more pulling and pinching feeling.  It was more like a super sore and tender feeling.   The first three days were the worst with the drains and a little burning feeling at the incisions.  That quickly went away.

All worth it in the end.
Love all your photos. Your tummy tuck was like wow!!! I was so amazed how well you look. Please check your inbox.
U look great!
Thank you, feeling good is even better!
Hi Kimmers25, just wanted to say, "Thank you" for what you do here on RS BR. And, your BR looks great.
Thank you darlin.  I am so happy to be here for all of you.
Wow! You look amazing and are giving the push I need to do it (after waiting 5+ years).
You are going to love it!!!  Makes you feel like a new woman.
It is probably just the photos but I think you look better at 5 years than you did at 2! thanks for updating
Same here.
Thank you ladies.
Hi Kimmers
Well my post disappeared:(. Anyway, thanks for sharing your recent growth issues Kimmers. I may have to have my surgery done again. I had mine done in March and not sure I even went down a whole cup size. I'm still a full 34d. My surgeon said the risk to nipples is higher for a 2nd surgery but I just turned 50 and can't stand the thought of ages issues making them even bigger. Ugh
Oh lordy!   Why us right...
Read my review, I have had a second reduction with no problems
I tell you what, as long as they are not in my lap I am happy!