6 month update with new pics yay boobies!! :) - Madison, WI

10/21(2.5 months til surgery!) im 23 i have 2...

10/21(2.5 months til surgery!) im 23 i have 2 children (ages 2yrs and 4months) and a loving husband of 4yrs :) im a small frame but im 5'7 and about 125lbs.. i was a small B before kids now im a deflated A lol.. i have always wanted them but i really want them now bc i dnt look like a woman at all.. i want to feel sexy again :)

My surgery is scheduled for Jan 5, 2012! i have saved money for a few years to pay for this! Now im just trying to decide on a size.. im thinking somewhere between a full c and small d :) i will keep my experience updated!Updated on 20 Dec 2011:Had my pre op appt today! only a little over 2 weeks til my surgery! he said to get the size i want (full c small d) would take about 425-450cc.. that seems big..?? idk im worried about going too big but i def dnt wanna go too small.. i trust him completely but im nervous..

added some before pics

Personal question: Did you use a lending company? Would you suggest them? I know what Dr. B charges, just curious to know your thoughts. IVE SEEN SO MANY REVIEWS about certain companies. I just had my nose done in LA... super crazy awesome story about how that happened :)
Wow! This is so positive!!! I went to Dr. Bartell for a consult. How do your scars looks under your arm?
The scars look great! The internal stitches still haven't dissolved but the scar is already very thin. And he puts it in a natural crease so it helps hide it even more. I can already tell at two weeks post op that I won't be able to see or find the scar in six months! Soooo awesome!

Only 1 more week!! im soo excited!

only 1 more week!! im soo excited!

I pray all goes smoothly for u tomorrow. Keep us posted!
Yea , its bad. Ur surgery is tomorrow? I hope it goes great! So which ones u getting, 425-450 ?
Omg im in so muchh pain. Yesterday wasnt so bad but today was horrible. Im so soreand swollen. My boobs are hard and my skin feels really tight. I feel like im not gunna get better. I am so uncomfortable, i cant sleep. I am sittin up trying to sleep, i have like 6 pillows behind me. My boobs hurt really bad, i feel depressed. My doctor said its normal to get depressed after surgery and that ill get better and everything will be fine. But my chest muscles hurt so bad. I literally cant move my arms becuase it flinches my chest muscles.. i go for my check up Friday. but let me know how ur surgery goes, and goodluck. Hopefully it wont be as painfull as mine.

Today is the big day! yay only 2 hrs away :)

today is the big day! yay only 2 hrs away :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am feeling pretty great im about 11 hrs out and...

i am feeling pretty great im about 11 hrs out and my pain is prolly a 3.. he ended up putting in 475cc saline unders with an armpit incision.. i gave him pics of women i liked that looked a lot like my before pics and how they ended up and their sizes ranged from 425-480cc but they all looked the same size.. i know every woman needs a diff size implant to get the same outcome.. i got a good peak rt when i woke up and i think i will end up being a full 34C/small 32 D ..

Right now i am really swollen and they look kinda funny.. i will post some pictures in a few days..

as far as Dr Bartell.. he is seriously the most caring doc.. he is a great listener and really down to earth.. he even just called me himself to check on how i was doing/feeling. his staff is also equally as wonderful and caring.. i am a horribly nervous person and they made me feel so at ease which i usually very difficult to do :) I would highly recommend him :)

Good luck today!!! You will be thrilled!!

Day 2..sucks.. omg i was soo sick this morning.....

day 2..sucks.. omg i was soo sick this morning.. threw up a few times.. in horrible pain all day.. i cant wait til i can get myself outta bed or off the couch.. but i just keep telling myself it was all worth it :)

To the original poster. I have a 1 1/2 year old and a 6 month old and have been seriously saving for implants. Are you able to pick up your baby yet and who much does he/she weigh. I know its kind of weird, lol, but my husband is gone and my mom will be helping me but isn't available long term.. Thank you!
i cant pick up my kids for 2 weeks.. i have my sister in law and my hubby helping me.. my little guy is now 7 months weighs 19lbs and my 2 yr old is 30 lbs.. you will need someone for atleast 2 weeks
Hi there, I'm glad to see you sound happy. what size implants did you wind up going with?

Adding pics im feeling a lot better but im...

adding pics

im feeling a lot better but im pretty sore still.. especially when i wake up in the morning..i really like the way they are turning out and love the size.. my stomach is pretty swollen but he said that was normal and my left as dropped more than my right side

i also had my post op appt today and got my stiches out and i will have to return in 2 weeks.. i have to wear a strap above my breasts and will have to continue to wear it for 2 more weeks..

So far extremely HAPPY :)

WOW! You look awesome! I'd never know you had implants :)

Wow, you look great!

I just picked my 400ccs yesterday and was having doubts that I'd gone too big -- but you pull off the 475s so well and have a much smaller frame than I. Thanks for sharing the photos -- totally helped calm my nerves :)

Love, love, LOVE your results!! He picked the perfect size for your frame! I'm loving mine too. I have some 4 week post op pics I need to load.

I bet you're thrilled with them. :). Have you started having muscle cramps yet?

10 days post op. i have been feeling pretty good...

10 days post op. i have been feeling pretty good.. im only sore for a little bit when i wake up but then im fine.. im not allowed to put my arms up but im pretty sure i could without pain.. i also still have to wear the strap for another week.. cant wait to get it off

i do have a big rash under my each armpit (my incisions are there).. it started 2 days ago and i thought the itching was the incisions healing and i couldnt help but itch and it spread to a rash..apparently i was allergic to the tape.. so i called the doc and he said to put hydrocortizone cream on it.. i was seriously going crazy this morning with how bad it itched!!

my next appt is tues the 24th.. i will try to update after that and take some new pics :)

I just realized those photos are only 5 days post-op -- that makes them even more incredible! I'm getting so excited for mine :)

Do you have any advise for healing?
make sure you have lots of big pillows, lots of ice packs, and make sure you keep eating.. i didnt eat enough and my meds made me sick so i spent the 2nd day throwing up and it was horrible.. but otherwise just take it really easy and sleep alot

Added pics i will be 3 weeks po tomorrow.. i am...

added pics

i will be 3 weeks po tomorrow.. i am feeling very great..back to all my normal activities.. i still have a little rash under my armpits but it doesnt bother me anymore. they are getting softer but still have a ways to go.. but i have soo happy with them :) worth every penny!

I am so excited I moved my appointment up one month! Now I will be having surgery with Dr.Bartell March 22nd! Yah! You look great! I hope I have the same great results.
You look great! You must be in heaven lol :))
Thanks! i def am!!

Its been 7.5weeks since my surgery and they are...

its been 7.5weeks since my surgery and they are perfect! they have fully dropped and are really soft. im wearing a 34d or 32dd at victorias secret (they do not look that big in clothes tho) i think they are a perfect size for me. im posting some new pics in my new bra. it is a light push up VERY minimal padding :) i will try to get some full lenth shots soon so you can see proportions.. i stopped having "morning boob" around 4 weeks and could sleep on my back flat and side around the same time.. around 5 weeks i could sleep on my stomach again. i am having sooo much fun shopping for bras and clothes :) but most of my clothes from before still fit me i just actually fill them out now :) lol

Good to know. I think its aweful.
Oh great! I am scared to take the tape off. Oh yes I forgot to tell you everytime I take the antibiotic I feel nauseous. So then I have to take a nausea pill. Ugh!
i honestly had not take the antibiotic as often as it said bc it was making me waaay to sick..

Its been about 3 months and 1 week and they feel...

Its been about 3 months and 1 week and they feel great.. they are all the way healed and i LOVE them! i had my last post op appt last week, and then i went shopping for a new bikini :) i cant wait to actually wear it and get a tan :) Everything with my boobs are great but i do have to have abdominal surgery in about a month :( i have severe diastasis recti and a few ventral hernias.. so i will be having surgery to fix the hernias.. i already have a couple of little scars on my hips from an appendectomy and i have some stretch marks .. now i get to add approx 5 more little scars on the upper part of my abdomen but atlest this will fix the pain im having and i will be able to get my ab muscles back :)

I posted a some pics in my new bikini :) sorry they are not the best its hard to take pics of yourself lol

Thank you for the information and ... thank you for sharing your experience with us, helping us to make good informed decisions and empowering us with knowledge. I think I'll try saving a bunch over summer and schedule a consult with Dr Bartell this fall. I will update you when I go start the process. I really appreciate your story...Blessings to you.
it cost $5450 but a girl i am talking to who just had her pre op with him said hers is 5750.. i dont know if his price went up or if its bc its summer
I LOVE your results, you look great! Dr Bartell was recommended by my mammo tech, she had her implants done by him. Can you share the approximate cost with us? I have no idea how much the procedur may be and dont want to consult with Dr. Bartell, find out the cost and be dissappointed. Thanks.

Wow its been 6 months since i got my boobies :) i...

Wow its been 6 months since i got my boobies :) i absolutely love them! They are very soft and natural feeling and natural looking (despite me going from a less than A cup to a full D cup :) I could not be happier! best money ever spent :)

I have to tell you in your first paragraphed you summed up exactly how I feel!!! I'm so thankful for you posting your story! You give me much more seriousness to getting implants :) Did you have your put in under the muscle?
Yes I did put them under the muscle. It has been a year and a half now since I got them and I am sooo beyond happy that I did.
I am so happy to have found your post. I am a stsy at home mom of a 2 & 3yr old boys. I started a small C before them, went up to DDD with them, then deflated to less than an A. Totally feel unatractive and not like a woman. I have a consult tomorrow but planning on going to a D. My biggest worry is that I will only have help for the first week then I am on my own as my husband is on the road alot. I am most worried on how hard it will be to take car of the kids once my help is gone. Any suggestions or words of advice?? you look much like I do now and what I want to look like after.
Madison Plastic Surgeon

HE is beyond AMAZING!! .. i have absolutly NOTHING even somewhat negative to say about him and his staff.. truley they are soo kind and caring and great listeners :) They all put me at ease .. i dnt think i could ask for a better doc or staff :D