Made a Big Difference and Lasts

I had Artefill in December of 2008.  Two...

I had Artefill in December of 2008.  Two syringes in the nasolabial folds, more in the right side than left.  I am very happy with the results.  I noticed immediate improvement, with slightly more over the next three months.  I have not had any adverse reactions and the improved has been permanent so far - I've been told that "long lasting" is the phrase used now.  I beIieve the time frame they state is 3-5 years.  One thing I did do was go back for the second syringe even though the provider told me that "no one is perfect".  That's true, but I knew what I wanted and the first syringe wasn't enough to even out both sides of my face.  I was right.

I look in the mirror about 70% less than before I got the treatments, because I'm not worried about how my mouth looks.

I would recommend it to anyone, with the advice of using an experienced doctor with a long history of doing fillers, Artefill in particular.

New Genesis

This provider was fine, but I am now a believer in only using a trained plastic surgeon for any cosmetic procedure, no matter how routine.

I haven't been on realself in years, but your comment got my attention. I developed granulomas in all four areas of the Artefill injections. The largest ever reported. I have been getting steriod & 5fu shots for months and probably have another two-three sessions to go. It's very painful and causes brusies adn marks for weeks. It would have gone quicker by my provider wouldn't increase the dose until I found a doctor thru realself that I made hime call. I would recomend anyone considering artefill to think twice.
I love mine too!!! Had it several years ago in the N.B. folds and now three days ago in upper cheeks. No one could tell...NO BRUISING AT ALL!!! Everyone just thought I was well rested from my vacation time this month! As far as problems down the road; I am willing to take the risk. Plan on a facelift in 10-15 years, so know that anything can be corrected at that time. Artifill for me is just a better value than the juvederm which goes away in 5 months!! Once you have seen your face the way it makes you feel comfortable, it is difficult to have it deflate again.
If one is ok with breast implants (often causing problems down the road too); than why are so many P.S. against artefill? I suspect it is because they know it will eat into the repeat customers they get with the non-permanent fillers. But that's just my idea. They may truly believe it is harmful. There is risk with every procecedure!
Ginny, My Artefil was immediate and lasting. In fact, I'm going on three years and still have all the improvement, and have not had any adverse side effects. I hope this helps.
For Bowling Babe: Was there an "in-between" period when the cow collagen had been absorbed but your own collagen had not yet filled in, so that you had NO visible results? I ask because that is what happened to me. I had improvement for the first two weeks. Then the cow collagen absorbed (I assume), and from that point to now (12+ weeks post-injection), I have been back exactly where I started. My injectionist tells me this is normal and that the Artefill WILL eventually work (although exactly when is not clear!). Did you experience this, and/or were you told it was a possibility? I'm trying to find out if this is really normal. Thanks.
GinnyAZ-- I have used Artefill for over 3 years now with excellent results that I achieved over time. It does take time for the collagen to build up. I love the gradual change I have observed. My Dr injects the Artefill from inside my mouth way up in the cheek near the bone. She is a master and I you don't see any bruising from this technique which is a great benefit. I get many compliments that I just toss off to good, healthy living ( . . . plus a few healthy injections of Artefill . . . !!!). I usually go back and get a maintenance injection of Radiesse to fill in the same area in my cheeks where I was previous injected with Artefill several weeks prior as the effects of the bovine collagen in the Artefill wane. I opt for Radiesse over the Aretfill as it lasts about a year for me and by the time the Radiesse deminishes the collagen that my body has produced from the Artefill injections has taken effect. I am 51 years old and and look like I'm in my late 30's early 40's. Artefill is a godsend and so is my Dermatologist in Plymouth Meeting, PA. I highly recommend Artefill with a follow up maintenance injection of Radiesse. It works amazingly well for me and may prove the same for you. I hope you find this info helpful.
Are there any plastic surgeons in the Seattle area who do artefill? It seems in most plastic surgeon offices I have called the esthetician actually performs the procedure. They typically have a lot of years experience with these procedures but is that enough or should I keep searching around for a plastic surgeon? Are there any recommendations for providers of any type in Seattle that have done a great job with this?

The artefill website mentions Jeffrey Kylo and Sam Naficy, but to your question, not sure they actually do the injections. I'll contact a few of our medical experts from Seattle to ask for more suggestions.

Dear Jane, A plastic surgeon who is a great friend of mine used to do a lot of Artefill (called Artecol back then) and was one of the national trial doctors. He is now retired and 8-9 years later his patients are coming out with granulomas and pseudo-infections from their injections. While temporary fillers need to be repeated more often than Artefill, the problems with this filler are very difficult to manage and can leave some permanent scarring. I would strongly suggest sticking with Radiesse, Restylane and Juvederm.
Artecoll is different from Artefill though. They changed a few ingredients and made the little beads smaller.
I've had it going on two years - 12/2007, not 2008. It's still great. No side effects at all. Good luck.
Is the artefill still there? Or has it gone down? Thank you.
It's still in place and I'm happy with it. No problems whatsoever.
Nice! Thank you for the quick reply!
How long have you had the artefill? Thanks to everyone a zillion time for posting your results.