Ready to Reclaim my Body! Very Nervous Though! - Macon, GA

I've had 4 kids in the last 6 years. They are...

I've had 4 kids in the last 6 years. They are such a blessing! My body after the pregnancies could be better. I gained between 50 and 82 pounds with each pregnancy and my kiddos were up to 9.5 pounds. I'm 5' 7" and about 125lbs. I've lost all of my weight and am ready for a change. I am so self-conscious about wearing anything fitted through my belly area and going in public in a bathing suit is not happening...at all. After breastfeeding 4 kids, my already small breasts (A/B cup) have lost their volume and fullness. I'm hoping to get rid of this excess belly skin and enhance my breast size. My doctor has recommended 350 to 400 CC moderate or moderate plus silicone gel implants. He said that a lift is not necessary (my nipple placement is still good). I will also be getting a full tummy tuck.

I met with my PS for a consultation back in mid-June about a TT. He said that I should have great results since most of what he's removing is just excess skin (not much fat). He will also have to repair the muscle Separation (diastis). I'm hoping that I will finally feel comfortable in my own skin again. My main objective is to be able to wear a two piece bathing suit without being self-conscious.

My pre-op appointment is scheduled for 8 July. I'm so excited, but so very nervous. Mostly I'm nervous about the recovery. My kids range in age from 7 years to 8 months...my husband works a lot. I will have some help from my mother, but I'm still worried about not being able to lift my children for 6 weeks. I'm also worried about my results not being what I want them to be. Anyone else feel the same way??

Before Pics...Ready for my overhaul!!

Here are some pics of my belly. Please note all the lovely, hanging skin. ;)

A large payment made on Monday...more to pay next Monday...

My pre-op on Monday went really well. I paid my surgeon's fee and for the scar treatment cream. I'll have blood work done next Monday at the hospital where the procedures will be performed. I'll also have to finish paying; this time it's for my OR time, anesthesia, and implants. I'll be glad when the paying part is over. :) less than 2 weeks out now. I'll be heading to my hometown this weekend for some time with friends and family (since I'll be unable to travel for a while). Right now packing for the trip is keeping my brain busy...after that though I know my mind will be completely consumed by surgery. Getting closer everyday!!!

Nerves, nerves, nerves!!

I only have a few days left before surgery. I'm beginning to worry quite a bit. I'm becoming anxious about the procedures. Today is my last day of work before surgery so I'm tying up loose ends on my desk. I think it's setting in as I see the date coming closer and closer that this is going to happen...and soon. On a completely different note, I'm going to start my colace and miralax routine tonight. I do not want to have any issues in that department after surgery. I have the day off tomorrow to finish doing some things around the house (light cleaning, organizing, etc). I hope I'm not forgetting anything!!??

Made it through! Surgery complete!

So yesterday was my surgery. I had a BA and full TT. I arrived at the surgery center at 6am. Once there, I waited until 6:45 when they called me back. When they called me back, they verified my info and got my IV started. My doctor came in and marked me up. I received my Valium with a tiny sip of water (to help with my nerves). Then my OR nurse came and got me, put me in a wheelchair, and we set out for the OR. On the way to the OR, the anesthesiologist gave me some verset. On the way to the OR I was nervous and one of the nurses kindly said, "most women would give anything to be in that chair." That reminder put it all in perspective and I was no longer fearful. The last thing I remember was getting on the OR table; fast forward to 3.5 hours later when I woke up in recovery. The anesthesia had knocked me on my butt! I could hardly open my eyes; they were so heavy. I wasn't there in recovery for more than 45 minutes when they got me dressed and wheeled me out to go home. The ride home was kinda rough. I felt like we were flying and everytime my mom braked it felt like we were stopping hard...I was eager to get home. I got home and shuffled out of the car with my hubby's help who affectionately said upon seeing me, "what's up boobs!" LOL I got into our guest bed downstairs, took some pain and pit on the nausea patch and was out again. By this time it was about 12:30 or so. The general anesthesia finally wore off around 2:30/3:00. After that I felt pretty good. Since then I've taking my pain meds (hydro condone) every 4-6 hours and so far the pain is manageable and there's a small amount of discomfort. I think the compression garment is hugely helpful. Most of my pain comes from shifting around in the bed. I'm thinking that days 2 & 3 will be tougher. I intend to continue being proactive about taking my pain meds before the onset of a lot of pain (no hero here! LOL). So far I haven't been able to see any results (due to be wrapped and bound up), but my post op appointment is today (23 July) @ 1:30.

I found out from my mom that the doctor went with the Mentor Moderate Plus 400cc implants. We'd discussed the 350 to 400 range so I am very pleased with the 400s. Now I just need to focus on my recovery. I guess my next milestone will be getting the drain out from my tummy. So far it's not bothering me (keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't).

I'm so glad the surgery is done and everything went smoothly. It really helped that I had the support of my family and friends and, of course, the man upstairs. :) I knew I'd be taken care of.

I'll post more after my post op visit later on today. Good luck to all you ladies scheduled for tomorrow!!!

Post op appointment went okay...I guess

I had my post op appointment earlier. I did fine when he in bandaged my boobs...the stomach however was a different story. I guess I wasn't ready to see the long angry incision and my new belly button. I almost passed out. I can't really tell just yet how good it looks. I guess I'll wait a few days and take a peek then.

Back to work tomorrow

So my mini "vacation" is up! Back to work tomorrow for this girl. Physically I'm ready; mentally, I wish I could stay home a little longer. :)
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

My surgery will be performed by Dr. Stefan Adair in Macon, GA. The consultation went very quickly (tons of info, all at once). I felt really comfortable with him. I wish I knew people who'd actually used him. He came recommended to me by several nurses who work with reconstructive patients (after breast cancer). I figure if he can do reconstructive, cosmetic should be a piece of cake!

Hey Nichole would love to see pics of your new tummy :-)
The first few weeks are the most difficult, emotionally and physically! You went into surgery with a beautiful figure, so focus on healing your body! I bet you'll be thrilled with your results!
I know exactly how you feel! You will do great! Good luck to you. :-)
You'll do great!

Nerves are definitely a normal part of this journey! How did your pre-op appointment go today?

Pre-op went well! All my questions have been answered. I actually left the appointment feeling relieved and confident in my decision to go through this!
I had pain for about 4 days, was walking bent over to some degree for 2 weeks after my BA, lipo and full TT. Even with all that, I knew right away it was worth it! The skin that hung down like a curtain when I leaned over was gone! My stomach was flat and my love handles were gone! It feels great to be thin again, and nobody is asking me "when are you due?" anymore. After 4 large babies in 7 years, there was a lot of damage. And my renewed body has inspired other healthy changes. So I can honestly say my results have exceeded my expectations! I say this even though I will be 5 months post op next week, and am planning revisions to my bellybutton and BA. Even if things don't turn out exactly as planned, you may still find it totally worth it.
Congrats! Can't wait to follow in your footsteps. I figure that no matter the results, it will be better than what it looks like now. :)
I am 16 days post op...I was scared to death of the pain! Let me tell you it wasn't bad at all...I had complete tummy tuck, muscle tightening, lift and augmentation with silicone implants..I developed an allergic reaction the the only pain med I wasn't allergic to already...So less then 36hrs after surgery I was on just Tylenol over the counter. My biggest complaint now is no energy and tired. Our kids go to my moms for the summer in another state, so I didn't have to worry about that, but I can't imagine having to take care of small children, I would try to get some more help, because the more rest you can get the faster you will recover. Best of luck!
Your post is encouraging! My mother-in-law (a nurse) keeps scaring me to death with stories of how painful other people's tummy tucks have been. I've had 3 c-sections so I'm hoping that those experiences have somewhat prepared me for this experience. I've decided that if I become overwhelmed I'll just have to pay someone to come help me out! :)
Yes feeling the same way, so nervous about the pain and the results!
Good luck to you! You'll be going 5 days before me. My emotions are like a rollercoaster!! Some days I'm super excited, some days I' really nervous, some days are spent feeling guilty about the $, time, inconvenience to others... :)
All your feelings are normal. Keep everything in perspective. Focus on planning, healing and then results it is a process. I am 11 days po
Congrats to you! I'm ready to be in the latter stages of this process...results! LOL :)