Its finally gonna happen!!!!!!- Macon, GA

Hey Ladies, I'm so excited an nervous about...

Hey Ladies, I'm so excited an nervous about getting this breast reduction surgery. I'm getting so antsy waiting on bcbs to approve me. I'm a 40HH and they hurt my back, neck, shoulders, and I have rashes under my breast. Don't get me started on the chronic and constant pain. So do any of you ladies know how long it takes for them to approve this procedure? I submitted pictures but that's it. Is that enough? If you have any advice please don't hesitate to let me know.

Still Waiting in PAIN!!

Hey Ladies just wanted to update you all. Today was a stressful day. It started well but then my hubby started having severe abdominal pains an I had to rush him to the ER they thought it was his appendix but its not so that's a huge relief. Any while I was there I was standing next to his bed the whole time and my back and neck hurt so bad I want to cry. Then come home and feed, and bath 3 kids. Uggh its exhausting!!! Sorry I'm rambling anyway, I been calling my insurance and they say that they don't have anything from my PS on file and I'm really starting to worry because every week when I call me PS about approval they say its Pending. AM I MISSING SOMETHING?? Both reassured me that when I get approved I will get a call and a letter. I had a dream last night that I was approved though and I woke up and checked online and nothing. Hopefully that was a dream of what's to come so I'm waiting in pain. It seems like my back is getting worse. But I'll keep praying for relief. Happy healing to all those on the other side!!!!!

Waiting, waiting, and more waiting....

Hi ladies, I have been trying to keep busy and my mind off being so anxious but this pain is no joke!! Been searching for a new place to live and my husband just got a motorcycle so trying not to worry about him to much ( he's feeling better by the way. Thanks for asking) so I have tons on my plate. I called my IC and they the pre authorization it's just waiting to be reviewed by the nurse fo r approval and that could be around the 12th. Ladies please join me in praying, sending positive energy and thoughts on my behalf that the insurance, breast reduction Gods, and sweet baby Jesus allow this to be approved for 100%.

Oh and I'm 27 yrs young lol. Married for 6 years and we have 3 children 8,6, and 2 yrs old. I have lost weight doing cycling classes but now I can't cycle anymore because when I lean over to really get my workout on I'm hitting my breast with my thighs and that hurts. So ready to be on the smaller side!!! No pics tonight but will post more when I get approved. Good luck everyone trying to get him and happy healing to everyone on the other side!!

Questions?????

Hey lovely ladies!!! I checked on line and it said my claim has been processed does that mean I'm approved or what? I don't want to get excited for nothing ya know. My next question is is it okay to get your nipples pierced after a BR? I really want mine pierced but will wait as long as I have to to make sure that I'm fully healed. Please tell me what you think? Happy healing and good luck to everyone who has surgery this week.

Denial and Frustration!!!!!

Hey ladies, So I called bcbs today to check the status of my claim and they denied me can you believe that. Me, the lady with chronic back, shoulder, and the 40 HH on my chest. Ugh, I'm so frustrated it doesn't make any sense. I told to the nurse and she is going to appeal it for me and send in more info so hopefully they will overturn their decision. I have also been frustrated with everyone lately. I just want to be left alone with my thoughts and a Mango-rita lol. Hope everyone is healing well and congrats to those who are approved already and on the way to surgery in the coming weeks.

What a difference a day makes. Finally approved!!!!!!

So I was all upset yesterday and really mad that they denied my claim. But got a call today from my surgery center and she said the decision was overturned and I was approved and can schedule a survey for next week. I'm ready to do it tomorrow!!!! Lol so the count down will begin when I get a definite date do excited!!!!! Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers.

Buying supplies

Hi ladies, I'm still very excited about my upcoming surgery. I need the button up shirts, a zip up sports bra, is there anything I'm missing? Please let me know

Busy weekend ahead

Afternoon ladies, I have my pre op appt Tuesday at 1 and my surgery is Wednesday and they will call me the day before with the time. We are in the process of moving so I'll be a busy bee this weekend getting everything done and everything I need for the coming weeks. Happy healing everyone!!!!

Pre Op Appt Today. Nervous Umm Maybe?

SOO, I have my pre op today and I am so excited and the nurse told me he will do my marking today and I am not to shower or wear a bra for the rest of the day!! That's a relief and also stressing on my back, but this is my Official last day with Giant boobs!!!!! I still haven't found out what time I need to be at the hospital in the morning. So I hope everyone is healing well, I will post tonight about my pre op and show pics of my markings. I plan to show him the boobs I want as well as the ones I don't. This should be fun!!

update!!!

Hi ladies, so glad to be on the other side. Surprisingly im not in pain. I feel tons of pressure on my chest. I had to stay over and I'm on my phone. I will post more details later.
Macon Plastic Surgeon

Thinking of going to Dr.Oladiran Afolabi-Brown, MD Have anyone been to him? If so can you please post some updated pics and let me know more about the insurance Approval process.

Thx for visiting my blog, glad u found it helpful. Good luck on your journey.
Looking good congregation!
You look like you did great!
congratulations.... you look great... you're on your way to a great heal.
Yay - glad to see you made it through surgery well - you look good and i wish you happy healing :-)
woohoo, that is great. i took no painkillers from 28 hrs after surgery and think it is best not to unless you really need them. hope you have a great recovery and look forward to seeing the new you.
So happy that you were approved - you are going to love your new breast !!!
Good luck hun! Everything will be fine. Relax, the surgery is sooooo worth it. ;)
I am sending you loads of healing thoughts and a fast and easy recovery :)) See you on the smaller side !! You will be so much happier !
Best of luck to you, I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow too! See you on the small side!
good luck!
exciting, and yes, keep making it clear what you want
wonderful, I have BCBS ga. they actually approved me in 9 hours. I took pictures of the rashes when I had them, and had letter from my chiropractor, and my female Dr., and my PS took photos as well where I had the rashes. Well I wasn't nauseated after surgery ever, be sure and tell the anesthesiologist to give you the patch during surgery.,,also, I ate pretty much what I wanted for dinner when I got home that night. Now I am different I guess., I am older, 63 took my pain meds for nearly 3 weeks. as my left side which was bigger, was more painful nothing you cant go thru, but I am a wimp for pain. I couldn't take the advil or motrin, due to my acid reflux, it made it worse with pain. and abdominal pain. so I took my loratab. now I don't use any, but occasional Tylenol extra strength. I am almost 10 weeks post opt...my advice to you is do not do what I did, I felt ok, so I went grocery shopping, walmart shopping, and believe me, at 2 weeks, it is to soon. this is major surgery no matter what they tell you...so please lay up watch tv, knit, read, let your family wait on you. walk around to keep your self going but please, no matter how great you feel, you need to heal....I set myself back in healing about 4 weeks, and still paying for it...take my advice...TAKE IT EASY. the first week was a honeymoon, the 2nd week the nerve endings started coming awake, and reconnecting, but that was not bad., zingers come quick and go quick. but everything has to heal inside. also, the walmart sports bras, or any of these that ride on your incisions do not use them, go ahead and go on amazon, and purchase the merena b2 surgical bra...but buy it one band size larger. it feels like your skin, and made for reductions, it does not touch the incison areas, I blame the sports bras on my open incisions at the joint incision..rubbing on it....the bra can cost around 37 dollars, but worth every penny...be sure it is the 2 inch band. they do not roll up and are adjustable when you swell or unswelll...with 3 rows of adjustments...I love my smaller breast and know when I am totally healed I will be proud I did it...you just can't hurry the healing, I found out the hard way...good luck keep us all posted.
meant to tell you...do lemon tea for swelling...use real lemons, roll them till soft, and cut in half, squeeze all the juice out into one cup of water...add just a little sugar, or honey to sweeten if you need to, drink this morning and use the other half again at night., swelling will be a thing of the past with this.. also, if you are not on a diet due to health, increase your greens, and more lean meats to speed your healing..cut out a lot of the junk food, and eat healthy...that really does help.
So excited for you! Hope for a fast recovery. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I'm not get my surgery tell next week.
Congrats. Here is the list I wish I had: Hard candies for sore throat- breathing tube will make your throat sore Soft foods for days one and two (applesauce, pudding etc)- wil sloth your throat Gauze pads and tape to change your dressings at home - the hospital never gives you enough Ask nurse for an extra medical bra so you can rotate until the sports bras are comfy Ginger ale for tummy- meds may make you nauseous Chair to sleep in ... Bed will be uncomfy for at least a week (you can prop yourself up with lots of pillows if no chair) Shave all parts before surgery so you are not too furry as you heal- lol You will have limited range of motion to shave and get into some body parts for days one through five Extra strength Tylenol or Advil- depending on your pain tolerance you may not need the prescribed meds after the first week maybe less Good luck .... Make sure you rest and not try to overdo it. You need to heal and too much activity in the first week will cause you to drain and be in more pain than necessary.
Yay great news! Congratulations, you're one step closer:)
Hurray! Congratulations! I am so happy for you, the burden soon is no more ;) For post op i would recommend remedies like arnica ( against bruising and for general wound healing) and staphysagria for nice flat, not wide scars! Also bromelain against swelling ( you can take it in the morning and evening, but always an hour before the meals! ) these are over the counter products in pharmacies. If you get opioid meds you might get problems with constipation so you should have something at home that helps with that. Make sure you have enough pillows to prop yourself up because you will have to sleep on your back and higher than normal for a few weeks.
Oh and i was very happy to have a jacket with large bags because i needed to put my hughe drain bottles somewhere. But i saw that in the us the bottles are smaller
Thanks for all the great info. I will go get a body pillow tomorrow along with all the other meds.
I made sure to have extra strength Tylenol as I used that during the day instead of prescription pain medication (which I only used for the first week anyway). You must be so excited!
I am!!! Ok I'll make sure I stock up on the Tylenol.
congratulations !!!!! I'm waiting on approval kind of nervous
I was to and very anxious as well. But hang in there, hopefully it will work out in your favor.
congratulations! That's so exciting! I can't wait to get approved either.