Very Good Overall Improvement After TCA 30% Peel - France, FR

After taking advice from the Realself community, I...

After taking advice from the Realself community, I finally went for a TCA 30% peel. It was applied at my doctor's office (he is a plastic surgeon) on Tuesday morning. It's Sunday and the last part of the dead skin peeled off my face this afternoon. I am very happy with the result since the general state of my skin has visibly improved, the fine lines around my eyes, my mouth and on my forehead are gone!
The process was pretty painful for 10 minutes, unpleasant for 5 days since your face turns brown and crunchy, but it is sincerely worth it. I have been applying in thick layers Cytolnat Centella skin cream over my face until now.

Here are some before/after pics.
Dr Jacquin

Goodness what a great result. I'm planning a 30% peel in a few weeks as Obagi hasn't done anything for me. I can't understand why so many people do this themselves - TCA is dangerous in inexperienced hands. Just a question, did they apply it right up to the lash line under your eyes? Your peel seems to have dealt with deeper wrinkles than you would expect.
Wow you look great! I have just tried a home 20% tca. Might try 30% next time if I'm brave enough.
Thank you for sharing the photos! It looks like you got good results. How is your pore size after the peel? Im not sure the peels help with that or not.
Hey pore size right after the peel were noticeably smaller but got back to 'normal' after few weeks.
Hi! I am on day 4 of my 30% TCA peel and I am not even close to being peeled complete. As you were on day 5. Rentin A prepped bad all. Did you use or do anything specific to get quick peeling results? Thanks!
Hi, actually I peeled so fast because of a mistake. For some reasons I couldn't put enough cream on my face the second day. The burnt skin got so dry and tighten it seemed likely to fall the next morning...Did it lessen the result? I honestly couldn't say.
PS..When I did my 20% peel I applied 3 times under my eyes and my lower eyelids drooped like crazy for 3 days scaring me to death...I thought my new name would be "the blood hound". After it happened I only then found a warning from a cosmetic surgeon not to apply strong acid peels directly beneath you eyes because it could cause them to permanently droop. I prayed, I really did (God looks out for dummys you know) and they eventually lifted back up in place. Whew. On the bright side I did totally eradicate both vertical wrinkles and "crepe" skin under my eyes! I should say again though, maybe not best to go over the line as I did.
I performed on myself a 20% peel only 1 month ago doing 3 applications in a row and never neutralizing it. It burned like crazy and was a bit scary but eliminated a lot of "crepe" skin under my eyes and fine lines and wrinkles everywhere. I am not recommending what I did next though: I performed on myself a 30% peel applied 3 times allowing 5 minutes between applications. It burned so bad I almost cried but I wanted to greatly reduce my deeply lined crow's feet and forehead lines. The burning, as with the 20% TCA peel only lasted about 10 minutes after the final application and the results are pretty good...no discoloration...and elimination of even more wrinkles. However the "crows feet" area still present as are the forehead wrinkles but only at about half their former depth. I also "peeled" my neck which I had never done before. OUCH! Unlike my face, my neck burned for almost 5 days>very uncomfortable and made it hard to sleep. I was worried it would remain permanently discolored but, (Thank you Lord :) ) it has finally peeled and looks much smoother than before maybe taking 10 years off my age. I blew past most recommendations and cautions and wouldn't advise doing what I did but so far...I'm kinda glad I did! :) I think it will take another 2 or 3 30% peels to mostly eliminate the crows feet and forehead wrinkles but even now my skin is tremendously improved. For me, I found that "after the burn" DMSO cream (if your skin tolerates it) stopped my neck from burning for an hour or so at a time when nothing else would and promotes fast healing. I also tried EMU oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and "BIO OIL" on both my face and neck and found BIO OIL to be best at not hurting and stopping the itching that comes with healing. Hoped this helped...your peel results look great on your 30% adventure too! :)
Thank you very much for your review. I am actually considering to perform on myself my next TCA peel. Would you be so kind to describe in more details the very procedure you went through? Did you use, as many recommend it, vaseline to protect your eyes? Did you apply the acid with gloves or with a cotton pad? What does a 'layer' look like? Thank you very much for the information anyway! :)
What a lovely result. And you have such great bone structure if you dont mind me saying :)
Hi nassaraamuto where is your doc office ? i am also French so i am really interrested . Thanks in advance !
Dr Jacquin 13 Rue Garibaldi in Lyon 6e. You should check his website.
Thank You very much (was the TCA brand 30% chelated mene moy ? )
The lighting in your before and after pics is quite different. Did you see an improvement in overall skin texture? What did you have the peel to treat primarily?
Quite true, I didn't chose the most relevant pics. Skin texture sightly improved after the peel but my first motivation when I did it was to treat wrinkles.
Wow! Thanks for sharing the pictures of the different stages, now I know (maybe) what to expect!
You look great. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your comments. Sorry for not answering earlier...Best wishes to everyone! There are several interesting reviews on self applied peels on this site, you should check it out! I am 30 by the way.
very impressive!!
I want to PEEL MY FACE MYSELF -can't afford a physician. Any advice?
Leigh2014. I was in your shoes and I did a home peel because of the high cost. My review is like #2 on the relevance list, feel free to check it out. My face looked much like his as I was healing; however, when I healed, I was left with very slight scarring that is improving all the time. If I had a do-over, I would go to the doctors office. Also, I have read that many online direct-to-consumer websites are selling a highly caustic version (not medical grade, but some kind of industrial grade) to unsuspecting consumers. Do be careful if you decide to do the peel at home. Even if you do everything right, you could end up with a less than desirable result. I have been down that road and I am currently saving up for a TCA peel...at the doctors office! :) Best of luck to you in your journey, whatever you decide. Just be sure to come back and tell us how it went for you! We can always use more reviews!
wow increĆ­ble, you looks few years less by the way how old are you?
Thank you for sharing, looks great!

Thank you for sharing your experience and before and after pictures.  You have fantastic results!  Your skin looks so smooth and clear.