6 Month Post Op -

Too early! Answer this is my nose crooked? I am...

Too early! Answer this is my nose crooked? I am concerned that I won't get the results discussed. I had my procedure Oct 2013 I had a deviated septum rhinoplasty etc. the surgeon said see you in a year on my 90 day which was a few days ago Feb27,2014 my surgery was Oct2013. So I have to wait a year and 5 months. Why should I wait yes the swelling is off and on. Yes my breathing is some what heavy but I sleep better deviated septum was fix so. I don't know I just want the results promised.

Is my nose crooked

Just photos today! I am trying to be patient but I also need medical advice, so I am scheduling to see someone but first I have talk to my surgeon I want to be sure that what I am seeing is not what he believes to be permanent.

Please I am so hurt, I feel like I was betrayed.

I posted some more pics, because this starting to mess with me emotionally. How can this be fixed, can it be treated or should I just wait like the doctor said. A year from now is Feb.2015 Is this realistic.
Lutherville Plastic Surgeon

Prompt, in and out but seemingly interested, asking questions only about breathing, not too concerned with results at this point. I ask him why my nose is crooked and He replied to me no ones nose is exactly the same, you won't believe this but your cheekbones are not the same on both sides and that it's too early. What can I do now, what if my nose is now crooked. My nose was not crooked.

My Dear, I am Af. Am as well and had a VERY similar situation as you. I had my initial surgery in 2004. They tell you 6 months for your nose to settle but it's really 4-5 months. Dr. Robert Freund in NYC did mine and he . You have absolutely NO reason to wait. How you see your nose now IS how it's gonna look next year. If you TRUST that doctor to fix it, go back to him and make him even it out. As for me, mine didn't fix it quite right so I have to have a 3rd procedure... This time to straighten the uneven bridge transplant they put in and also to "undeviate" my septum, 2 problems I didn't have BEFORE surgery. Good luck to you.
Thank you for sharing your experience so far. Here is a link to RealSelf's revision rhinoplasty community which you might find helpful. You might also want to post your question with a photo in the Doctor Q&A community. Good luck and please use this space to keep us updated on what you do.
Meant how you feel right now.
I know how you feel tight now, but as others said you should consult other surgeons. I recommend Dr. Kofi Boahene. He is an expert on revisions and ethnic noses
If your procedure was in October of last year, you do not exactly have to wait until February of next year to have your nose fixed. Get other opinions. I would not take one person's word (the word of someone who left you in this position) for what is best for you. Yes, he was the one who was in your nose, but that does not mean he has all of the answers. Get some fresh eyes to look at you and see what the potential is for your nose in it's condition now. Keep us posted!
your nose does look crooked. You are probably going to have to wait one year from your original surgery date to have a revision.
Revision the doctor did not mention revision, he stated that everyone nose is uneven, I am not willing to wait a year for any further incorrect findings could this just be swelling I am 6 month post op or am I just in denial.
It may be true that everyone's nose is uneven to a degree, but where the problem lies is if you came out of surgery with a nose that is MORE uneven and asymmetrical than the one you went IN with. I would not rely on your original surgeon alone for all of the answers. It would be wise to consult other surgeons of what can be done with this new baseline that you have. Whatever you have done to it from here on out is from a new compromised starting point, so you have to be willing to hear realistic talk about what is attainable and what isn't. there are some great revision surgeons out there who view their work as a billboard for what they do and will work to give you a nose they would be proud to have their name on. Unfortunately, this falls greatly on the patient to do research and weed through doctors not best suited for your needs. Just because one is willing does not mean they have the skill and eye and foresight to deliver. Patience is the name of the game at this point and while there are many doctors who feel comfortable working on revisions before the one year mark, it really is to your benefit to wait (and many of us know how hard it is!) because you want the surgeon to know what is really going on and what they have to work with... it is already somewhat of a gamble and just speculation on the end result, because they do not exactly know what they are going to find going on in your nose. You both need the clearest idea possible going into revision. I really think personally, from an emotional standpoint, it is worse to rush off trying to fix something based off of being emotionally scarred... you need to heal from the trauma of a failed surgery so that you don't sign up for another surgery out of panic. Truly wishing you the best! You are NOT alone.
I do not have any medical training but in my opinion your nose clearly falls outside the range of normal asymmetry. A doctor will never admit to botching a patients nose. Doctors always have some thing nice to say about the results of their surgery. I don't want to hurt you, but you current nose looks like you were born with a cleft lip/palate or was in an accident.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Sorry but it does look like it's crooked to me. Maybe it's swelling. If you can't wait ho and consult another surgeon.
Oh don't be sorry, I asked a question thank you but please is it who or go maybe you can fix it the misspelled word I mean So you have a lot of history on real self!
I meant GO to another surgeon for a consult. Sorry for the confusion.