An Extremely Young 59 Looking my Age - Lutherville, MD

I was feeling like my neck and jowls made me look...

I was feeling like my neck and jowls made me look a lot older than I felt like I was. I did a lot of research before deciding to do the neck and lower facelift. Additionally, I reviewed the doctors in and around Baltimore. In this location, we have the cream of the crop - and Dr. Shermak certainly fits that bill!
From the time I went for consultation to the numerous follow-ups, I have been absolutely thrilled with Dr. Shermak. She has an incredible bedside manner and truly listens. She listened to what I wanted and did just that (and did it wonderfully). She checked up on me and was quick to answer any calls/emails.
I am so happy I had this done. I have told all my friends about her and one of my buddies has already gone in and done the same. She, too, is very happy with the results.
I have sensitive/dry skin and do see someone every few months for treatments. She will now be the only person I see for these as well.
I cannot recommend her enough. I feel so fortunate to have found her. She is absolutely awesome!

Before and after pics

Very subtle change, but no more jowls!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

The do not come any better than Dr. Michele Shermak.

Thanks so much for posting your review and before and after pictures! I hope my result looks as nice as yours. How did you look right after surgery? When were you comfortable going in public?
Hello, your results look wonderful. You were a stunner before Dr. Shermak worked her magic but leave it to Dr. S and she'll find a way to shine! I also recently had work done by Dr. Shermak (BR) and just wanted to co-sign on all the comments and praise you had for her. She is as great as everyone says she is. She has the best support and office team. If anyone calls her office and finds that a consultation appointment is a few weeks or months out it is definitely worth the wait!! Once again, brdebi, I hope you feel as fabulous as you look!!
You are way too kind! But you are right, Dr. S. Is fabulous!
Looks great!
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! I'm so glad this was a success for you. We'd love to see your before and after photos (even with your eyes cropped out for anonymity) so we can witness your transformation!
This was such a positive thing for me, and I had read the horror stories, that I wanted to share. My doctor was a dream and I believe that makes all the difference in the world. I don't have pictures myself, but they are posted on Dr. Michele Shermak's website, before and after, facelift. I am number 2378 and don't mind who sees them because I am so pleased with the results! It is very subtle, but I love the results.....no jowls!
You can easily save those pics to your computer & post them here.
Hello brdei - I live in your area and am just now looking into this process. I've been reading this blog for a few days now and go from sure I want this done - to terrified about all the pain some people have suffered. Yours is the first review I've read for our area - can you give me some more info? Before/ after pics? How about post-op pain, etc. Surgery still scares the heck out of me - but I so much want the improvement.
nsager - hi! You cannot go wrong with Dr. Shermak. I, too, was terrified about the pain. The one thing I told Dr. S. was I didn't want to hurt and her reply was, "You shouldn't have to." I looked into a lot of docs in this area and actually consulted with several. She was hands-down my favorite. Her bedside manner is fabulous. My biggest concern was my jowls and the saggy neck. I have had lazer treatments and fillers for several years and just did not get the results I wanted. I spent thousands on that, as well as on fancy neck creams that promised great results. I did not want to look like I had undergone a facelift - that windswept look. The changes were extremely subtle - as if I had pulled the skin tight back. I have had folks that worked closely with me say that it took 10 years off! I was so pleased with the results. It actually improved the look of my eyes and the folds around my nose and mouth. Evidently it looked pretty good as a friend of mine had Dr. Shermak do a full facelift/necklift/eye three months after I did. She is still recovering, but loves the results. Now this is just me, but I have to tell you that I only took five pain pills - total. And I was not in extreme pain when I took them (mostly just trying to ward pain off the first couple of days). There was some discomfort, but no real bad pain. You can see my pics on her website at http://www.drshermak.com/baltimore-cosmetic-surgery-photos/facelift/ Mine is #2378 (it was the most recent a few days ago). Again, subtle changes but I couldn't be happier. Wish I had done it five or six years ago. I will be going to her for all my Botox and future treatments. Let me know what you decide. It is scary - I finally just stopped reading the blogs. I figured that the majority of the people who post are either extremely displeased or really happy.
Thank u for ur positivity Do keep In touch
Any before/after pics?
#2378 on http://www.drshermak.com/baltimore-cosmetic-surgery-photos/facelift/ Very, very subtle but the jowls are gone!!!
Thank you, wonderful!!!