Lumpy After Laser Lipo

I had smart lipo done on Feb 5th, 2009 on my abs...

I had smart lipo done on Feb 5th, 2009 on my abs and hips and would not recommend it. I am naturally slender, but after kids had a bit of a pooch on my belly. As a 40th birthday gift to myself I, I went ahead and got laser lipo. I can honestly say, I look worse. I now have a wierd looking lump on fat that can not be hidden under clothing. I've been back to my doctor who says it will go away in 4-6 months. I don't think it's going to go away, but for the sake of being permanently disfigured am hoping she's right. Any one else have "lumpy" results???

Skin Rejuvenation Clinic

results were terrible...not what she told me.

Thigh Revision. Dr. David Amron M.D. is certified in revision liposuction around the Beverly Hills area.

I've added your question to our Doctor Q&A Forum here. Hope you get the answers you're looking for soon!

In the meantime, would you mind writing a review of your Lap Band experience? It will really help other people considering the procedure. Thanks in advance.

I have the lap band 3years now workout but still have stubborn fat I'm try 2 c if lipo is for me.
Have anyone had a lapband and smart lipo?

That's a great question. I think it's possible; I know of people who have had tummy tucks after lap band surgery, so a little lipo to move stubborn fat seems realistic.

Do you have a lap band or are you considering it?

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and my body looks worse than before, I have now lumps all over my lower and upper abdominal area.....and the worse part is that I have liquid that went under the muscle and according to my doctor he "has no idea how it got there" and I don't know what to do, except keep taking pain killers, any suggestions on what can I do to help with the pain and the appearence? Thanks
time: for the appearance i massaged my lumps with a vibrator even tho it hurt. but it worked.
LUMPS IMPROVING! yes i was worried too. but i am 19 so i do think it is different from a 40 yr old. your body was traumatized, you can't just expect it to go right back! wait 18 weeks ( the relative healing time) and then see. If you have a good doc they will help you correct it if it is still disfigured. i have been massaging it and exercising- helped smooth it out.(abdomen)
My lumpiness was so bad that my doctor redid the procedure. I still have lumps and waves, it is just smaller than before. After the second lipo I also have a new crease above my belly button that was not there before. My body looks better than it did when I have clothes on, but there is no way I would get in a bikini cause of all the lumps and waves.
wht did u do about it i have same problem :(((((
I had skin excixion done 3 weeks ago in my lower abs. I was told by 6 different doctors that I was not a good canidate for a tummy tuck my muscles where in good shape. I did opt for lipo in my abs , flanks, thighs inner and outer and buttocks. I was small to begin but had some trouble areas that I could not get rid of with excercise and a healthy meal plan. I am 45 have had 3 children two being twins but my body went right back to normal no stretch marks, no hanging skin but had a little pooch that I hated! I have a large hard band that is right above my belly button and goes from one side of my waist to the other. When I wear the garment I feel like the band makes it worse. I have hypersensitive skin and the swelling seems like it is the same it comes and it goes. The only time I see a glimmer of hope is when I first wake up. I try to massage and rub the areas because I heard it will help. My doctor was very confident that my stomach is going to be flat he said the hard band will go away. He said that my body is healing very well. I'm very skeptical is this normal?
im 23 years old and had lipo twice already. I wasent fat or over weight to begin with.I use to weight 140 pounds and im 5'4 '' tall. The only problem i had was two small love handles as they are called. I decieded to have this procedure done because i wanted to have a really nice body;in other words make my body look better.now my body measurements are 36'' 27'' 40''. i look better than before but with clothes on.... because after the procedure my abdomen looks very bruised after 4 months and on top of that being my second lipo. i did this twice because my first time i was very swallen and hard . people told me to give it time and be patient. but a year passed and nothing changed. i decided to do it again, maybe like that my stomach wiil clear up and the lumps will go away.... but it did not and im embarresd to show my stomach. im going to try some endermology massages to see if it might help my condition......i have tryid looking on line and spoken to plastic surgen and i find no solution.... please if any body went through this and found a solution send me an e-mail at lagigi69@gmail.com.....thank you and also you can ask me any question......
AVOID SMARTLIPO. Want hard lumps of scar tissue, and uneven body, weight gain in other places, and surgical scars. Myth 1: Smartlipo will shape your body. Not so. It's a crude suctioning of fat cells. You will be uneven and lumpy. Myth 2: Dr.s will revise lumps free of charge. Not so. Myth 3: No surgical scars from Smartlipo. 100% UNTRUE. Myth 4: Things will get better over time. False!!! Your best results will be the first few weeks after the procedure. There's nothing to look forward to after months and months of waiting Myth 5: The fat is gone forever. Fat cells can expand to make up for displaced ones. And your body will become fatter in other areas. Myth 6: Other Dr.s are out there to correct this procedure. After waiting the year period (Year of Deformity) I've been to 7 drs. and about half wanted $50-75 for a consultation. It's like trying to sell a used car that's been in a bad accident. Only the 1 dr. wanted to do it, but guess what: he wants to full lipo, charge for scar revision and the cost is over 5 times of what samrtlipo was....Sadly, I would have done it if he weren't so abrasive...I wondered if he'd take time to do a good job. ------------ Get a Trainer guys. I'd even try HGH before this. Go to a Fat Camp. Spend your money on drugs or whatever! Don't bother!!!
i had the smartlipo and it was disastrous just like Guy says believe every word i had perfect legs and butt the ab area is all over lumpy and wavey i dont even show it anymore and the fat is now going to my thighs horrific i dont even know what to do to fix it all :(((((
I wish I'd read this BEFORE I had the pure lipo done 3 weeks ago. I'd done ultrasonic lipo in '99 and had a great result, but after ten years and two kids, I decided to do it again and it has been a big disappointment. I have hard lumps and masses across my stomach and back, and it's very painful! I'm doing the lymphatic massage regularly and hope this mess isn't permanent. I went back and reread all the pre-procedure literature I was given and there's no mention of fibrosis as a possible complication but I sure think it should've been included! Caveat emptor!
Hi; I have heard that we can buy our own personal lipo laser. Does anyone have any information on these??? thanks. Diana
Hi I had Laser Lipo done June 4th and I also have dimpeling on my stomach as well as numbness. I am 5'2" and wt. @ 105lbs. I am concerned will the cellulite apperance go away? How long does it take? I am still wearing my bandage. How long should I wear it for?
I had lipo suction in Dec, 2008 and found myself 5 months later that I really don't see a difference. I find also that each side is different, I have scheduled an appointment to see the plastic surgeon who has done the lipo on me but what rights do I have when I am not happy after spending $10, 000 on what?
OK its nearly a month and a half on i have noticed a huge difference, though i am still sore, my doctor reckons give the lumpiness 6 months, i have a hard lump under my belly button and ontop of it!! oh god i hope it goes and the scares are still very noticeable they look very obvious they are so parallel from each other they looked strategically placed. I am a lot skinnier but yeiks!! is it worth it? time baby will tell.....
I had liposculpture one year ago .I still have lumpiness in my lower abdominal area. It can be seen through fitted clothing. When I complained to my surgeon , he said to give it a year.Nothing has changed. I was able to wear a 2 piece bathing suit before surgery. Now I'm not comfortable. Don't do it !!
Hey i am 32y.o.female and had laser done 2 weeks ago on my belly and sides. My body has always been skinny but i have never been able to get rid of my belly. Its 2 weeks on and its painful still which is reasonable considering the work the surgeon did on it.It was a strange experience lying there with someone jabbing into your gut for 2and a half hours it didnt hurt much but felt really really weird and uncomfortable, the pain comes after!!! Its now like a dream and a quite violating one at that i'm just hoping i get the result i want as at the moment its lumpy and it looks plastic when i bend there are weird contours. I hope by everyone elses information it will all go down but then i guess its a game of russian roullette. Cross fingers, i wont be doing anything like this again in a hurry....
I had lipo done in March of 2005. The same thing happened to me and my stomach is still bumpy and hideous. Exercise, lotions, massage have not helped one bit. I even lost weight and it made it worse. My doctor blamed it on the "way I heal". Not true, I have had other emergency operations where my skin healed beautifully. I can not emphasize enough not to get liposuction at all but if you must do your homework.
I had my lipo done 6 month ago and i still have lumpiness, amnd teh skin is still lose, :( DO I HAVE HIPE...please help...
The lumpy stuff will go away. Just be patient. Its new and your body must adjust. I wasn't warned about the lumps either and got scared but they did get better and my body looks great.
It just seems funny that initially I was told by many that it would take 2-4 months to see my results and now that I'm at 2 months I'm hearing 6-8 months. Also, edema means swelling...I do not have swelling. I have lumpy hard tissue that does not change no matter how much massaging. It looks "ropey" in some areas. I guess to me it appears to be scar tissue. The area is not sore at all anymore, so I just find it hard to believe it will change at all, no matter how much time goes by...