Great Experience - Asheville, NC

I feel so much better about the way I look. In...

I feel so much better about the way I look. In retrospect, I believe I felt old and tired because I looked that way, despite the fact that I'm active and live a healthy lifestyle. I've never colored my hair, although it's been turning white since I was 30, and surprisingly that has never bothered me. But the wrinkles and sagging neck-that was getting harder and harder to live with!

My husband generously offered the opportunity to take my appearance backward in time, and I was hesitant at first, questioning if I were being overly vain. Did not hesitate for long, though and said YES! My husband did the research, thought my doctor was highly qualified and a good choice and after I concurred, we made the appointment.

The procedure went smoothly, it was painless and the Doctor and staff were kind and supportive. The recovery was a little more challenging than I had imagined, but after one month I was extremely pleased with the results. When I saw the before and after pictures (6 weeks post for the after pics) I was flabbergasted at how much improved my appearance was. Yes, still white hair but a face that was atleast 10 years younger.

I think the key is patience and realizing that it takes a full month to six weeks to see the final results. I still have some numbness, but that is slowly improving and my doctor tells me it could take six months to get better. I feel wonderful and am extremely pleased with the results. I can highly recommend my doctor!

Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Harley rates 5 stars on all the above categories.

Very happy for you. I had the same procedures & today was my 5 wk. check up. The difference in my profile is amazing. I feel & look 10 yrs. + younger. No more sagging neck or jowly jawline. I feel it was worth every penny. My pix should be up tomorrow.
You look great!
Hi sue I'm so glad to hear that you're delighted with the results. I notice from your photos that you have no visible scars, could I just ask where the incisions were made as I am also thinking of having this procedure but am really concerned about scars on my face.
Thanks for your story. I am in week one of my recovery from lower face/neck lift and today was a bad day. I did a lot of research on this before having it done (I've had three other CS procedures) and the recovery . . . that's what I don't think I was prepared for. It really is much more intense than when I had my breast implants or my upper eyelids done.
Most definitely recovery is no piece of cake, but take heart! You will be beautiful!
Hi, I wonder if you could tell me what exactly you had done; the price you mention is so low compared to doctors here in the Toronto area. Thanks, Lila
Hi Lila, what I had done by Dr Harley was a lower face and neck lift, under local anaesthetic in an out-patient setting (Dr's office). Ashevillesue did the same, it was her results that convinced me to travel to N Carolina from London. You may want to consider doing that too, you won't regret it.
savannalee....can't wait to see those photos!
Good to hear Savannalee! Our daughters can certainly help us through many life events, especially when humor is added! Keep us posted on your healing!
Hi there. It went really well! I am nine days post-surgery now, and the swelling is going down a lot. The bruising is still quite evident on my neck, but at least it's beginning to fade. The whole thing was a big adventure for my daughter and I, she was such a trooper being my 'nurse' in the first 48 hours, waking me for medications (I was really pretty out of it) and milk shakes, and driving us over two days from Asheville back to Virginia. I'm still at her home until Thursday. Of all the trips and things my daughter and I have done together this is one of the most hilarious, I can't imagine how I could have done this without her. Hopefully I will post photos etc once I'm back in London. I'm totally glad I chose to use Ashevillesue's surgeon, he is top knotch.
Nice to hear from you, thank you for your email, kbarbee
Savannalee, how did your surgery go? Have thought about you and hoping it was a positive experience for you and that your recovery has not been too difficult. Please let us know, and many healthy wishes for you!
Savannalee, you will do great. Support from our children is so important! My daughters, who all live away, met at a hotel with me week before surgery and had a good bye jowels party for me! Ha, it was fun and kept my mind off things. Please let me know how you do~ Will keep you in my thoughts~
Hey, thanks for your reply. I just had Ultherapy done so it will be interesting to see how it looks in several months -- I have feeling I might end up needing a lower facelift but I figured I try the Ultherapy first and in theory I'd have tighter muscles for a surgical procedure.
Not sure I can answer your questions so specifically, but I can tell you he explained that he in fact also tightened the underlying tissues, so it's not just the skin. In that type of procedure, less invasive and quicker recovery, you do not get results that last as long. It was not endoscopic--because I was not under general anesthesia, I had an awareness (drug induced, non-feeling!) of skin being cut but the Dr. explained that this "awareness' is probably only a second here and there. Certainly one does not feel any pain! I know that I had internal stitches as well as external---the internal absorbed, some took a little over a month. I worried a bit over this, as I could feel little pointy things beneath my skin, but true to his word, these did indeed go away. The incisions themselves-very small in front and around the ears below and above the ear along the hairline. Can hardly see them now. Probably a 2-inch incision beneath the chin on the far side of the bone, worried about that one a bit as well, but again, it looks fine now.
Thanks for your reply. Was this an endoscopic type of lower facelift -- how did he re-anchor the shorter muscle length - i.e. thread lift, the survival "glue" that I hear mentioned, or did he made bigger incisions? It is just perfect!
To savannalee-Wow! I feel even better about myself-and I think you'll love the dr. as well as the results. And i keep reminding folks - patience is the key, as well as following ALL the pre-op and post-op directions. Also, a week after stitches were removed I begain massaging in a solution mixed by a compounding pharmacy to help with scar healing. The dr. had recommended Mederma, which I tried, but did not like the way it felt when it dried. The other formula seemed to soften/moisten the healing wounds. I massaged it in 3x/day for 5 mos-scars are barely noticeable. The one under the chin is more so, but it was a bigger incision and more "material" was removed. Still, it looks pretty good, and no one has taken notice.
hi ashevillesue
believe it or not i have booked a date for lower face/neck lift with dr harley, on july 26th. i am really excited and looking forward to it! the plan is for my daughter, who lives in virginia, to travel with me and be my 'nurse'. HOWEVER she has 19 month old twins, and childcare arrangements are not in place as yet (her husband needs to work) and so i am anxious to find a possible nurse to hire, to be with me overnight that first night. please help by telling me of any nurse you may know of, that i might be able to hire for the first day and night, or how to find one. you can private-message me if you like.
many thanks!
Good luck Savannalee! Have faith in your Doctor and in your decision and you will do great! Let us know how your recovery goes! Prayers your way..
Thank you for the good wishes, kbarbee. I just saw your note this evening. Gosh, it is nearly time to go! I'm still in London, but only 1 more week of work, and then I'm off to Asheville. Thanks for your note. My daughter (in Virginia) is joining me, after all. Can't hardly believe this, but my to-do list is nearly complete, all arrangements made.
I had a lower face lift, which corrected the "wattle" on my neck and the jowls and marionette lines. No injections, no botox.
Hi - You look terrific! Could you describe the procedure(s) he used and if you had an injectables, botox, etc.
hi! i have to say, i LOVE your results, your after photos convinced me to contact your doctor. i honestly think i am going to travel from a long distance away to have him do my lower face & neck. i had a telephone chat with him and really liked him. what more can you tell me? have you met other patients of his? do you think his results are consistently as good yours are? i hope you'll reply. i am excited about this.
also, it's been recommended to me to do my eyes, but after reading on this site about upper/lower bleph i am scared off. i think i'd be happy to do just what you did.

Yes, my friend just had the same procedure, inspired by my results. She is 3 weeks out, very, very pleased with results so far, and I keep telling her in 3 more weeks she will be truly amazed. She is already out and about in public. He's got a really good reputation here in Asheville.

thanks for the reply, it's great to hear about your friend, and about his reputation locally. i'll be travelling from london, believe it or not. i've been researching this off and on for years, and have had 3 consults in the metro DC area (where my daughter lives) but we LOVE your results and the others on his website. my daughter agrees that he's the one, and we'll stay in a hotel in asheville.
Hi there! Well 26th July is fast approaching, the date for my procedure w/Dr Harley. I leave London two days prior, to fly to Virginia where my daughter lives. She will travel w/me the next day to Asheville, we're staying in town for 3 nights. I am NERVOUS and can't believe I am doing this. But I have full confidence in Dr Harley, have read so many glowing, awesome reviews. It was your photos on this website that led me to him. You look amazing.