I Love Latisse - improvement after 3 weeks - Shorewood, IL

I had resorted to eyelash extensions since my own...

I had resorted to eyelash extensions since my own lashes had become so thin and were falling out. That was very expensive; I required fill-ins every 7-10 days. Latisse changed all that. My facialist noticed improvement after 3 weeks and I definitely saw a big change after 4 weeks. My lashes are longer, darker, not falling out and I see new little 'sprouts' coming in regularly.

I don't like the brushes that come with the kits. I use a good eyeliner brush and clean it with inexpensive saline solution for contact lenses. Also, I use Latisse in the morning since my eyes have always watered during sleep.

I have blue eyes and after almost 5 weeks of Latisse use I've suffered no side effects. I would advise anyone who really likes this product to get the next box before they need it.

Eterna MedSpa

I get a discount for staying with the 16 week program yet I can quit at any time.

Does anyone know if after using latisse and stop after a while, the lashes fall, and get even shorter than before I starter using latisse, is this a product you have to use frecuently?
Thanks for the update. I took my extensions off myself and you are so right! What a mess! However, I have been using Latisse for 1 mo without extensions and I can definitely see the difference. I have never heard of Lumigan and Careprost. I am truly a virgin! Where did you get these products? Did you need a prescription? Thanks again for all your help and input!
Can you tell me if using Latise while having eyelash extensions causes the growth to take longer? I started Latise with extensions and it seems to have prohibited the growth. Anyone have experience with this?
Hi suscan! I took my 1st eyelash extensions off my self with remover from the drug store and baby oil. What a disaster--large bald spots. As soon as I had enough 'nubbs' I did the extensions again but needed weekly touch-ups. I go to a spa once a month for microdermabrasion and that's where I heard about Latisse coming available. I went back to the spa on Feb. 10, 2009 had my extensions professionaly removed (only lost 1 lash) and started on Latisse that day. Three weeks later at my next micro my girl noticed definite new growth. It was reccommended to me by the doctor at the spa to have the extensions taken off prior to starting Latisse. I've had fantastic results with Latisse, Lumigan, and I will next try Careprost; they all seem to be the same but Careprost is eve cheaper than Lumigan. Good Luck
Does anyone know if it will work on lashes that have been lost due to radiation?

Hi PH58,

Interesting question! We've had a related question on RealSelf that may help:

Does Latisse work on bald eyelids?

Alternatively, please consider submitting your question to our Doctor Q&A section. Here's that link: Ask a Question

Hello! I literally had nubs after radiation. I got eyelash extensions. However, they were a PIA. Plus, they were expensive and the time to keep the maintenance was outrageous. I started using Latisse while I still had them on - not much of a change that I could notice. I took the lashes off myself and that was a mess. Right back to nubs! I have been using Latisse for 4 weeks with no extensions and I can definitely see the growth. There is life or in this case "growth" after radiation! I also had Chemo and they're still growing. Good luck to you and God Bless!
I can't get my comments posted. Please let me know what's going on. I've been typing and trying to send only to get responses like - page moved- comment deleted- the name is being used by another registered user. ????????? Stella Nicole
Hi California Crookedteeth, Are you thinking of the discussion in this Latisse review? Those are the only review comments on Latisse brushes I can remember off-hand. Cheers, --Sharon
I have been using Latisse for a full 9 weeks as I described in my original post. I found out yesterday at work that my co-workers thought I had gotten eyelash extensions again! When they found out these are my own lashes I became a Latisse "infomercial'
Beans - only 9 weeks, and you're a 'Latisse infomercial'? Whoa! Let me see... so maybe another 7 weeks for me, and I'll be one too. *Grin* I was still thinking in the 16 week time frame, you see... The Latisse applicators? I have heard so much about the uselessness of these applicators in my Latisse/Lumigan travels - I confess to being very curious myself! Even Dr Klein (she of longstanding Lumigan fame) advises her clients not to use the Latisse applicators - but rather some fine tipped brush of choice...
Hello! Did you start your Latisse when you have eyelash extentions? I did and I think it has prohibited the growth. Plus, I definitely think the eyelash extensions caused breakage. I'm working on my second bottle, no more extensions and praying for good results. Thanks for your help!
It appears that numerous comments on the use of eyelash brushes with Latisse have been deleted. I find that odd. I started using an eyelash brush after reading about it here, and it made application so much easier and safer (I'm not getting the stuff in my eyes any more). I gave those disposable Latisse brushes to my hobbyist husband for working on his models.

Crookedteeth - I am not familiar with these comments.  If the comments violated our Community Guidelines they were removed.  Can you tell us more about these eyelash brush comments?

Oh, it was just that here were some comments on the wonky Latisse disposable brushes, and the posters suggested using eyeliner brushes or (cleaned) eyelash/mascara brushes instead, and then when I checked in again, the comments were gone. I assumed they were pulled because they were suggesting use of the product in a way other than directed. Maybe the posters pulled them (or can they)?

It's possible the poster asked to remove it.  I'm not an expert in Latisse, but what would be great is a photo of the applicator that comes with Latisse.  If you have the product, can you send us a photo?