Tummy Tuck with Lipo of Flanks and Bra Rolls - Louisville, KY

I am 30 years old and have 2 beautiful children,...

I am 30 years old and have 2 beautiful children, ages 10 and almost 5. They were both big babies and wrecked my stomach. I am 5'8 and fluctuate between 165 lbs and 173 lbs. I tried to lost the stomach through diet and exercise, but honestly the less I weigh, the worse my stomach would look (at least when naked).

My husband supported me 100% in having the surgery, but most friends and family didn't really understand it or think I needed it. I sent my before picture to most of them and then they kind of changed their tune. Haha! I can hide it well in clothes.

So anyways had my surgery yesterday Sept. 1st, and so far so good. Pain wasn't so bad the first day, but I was not prepared for the insane amount of oozing I had from some of my lipo areas. It would soak through a pad as soon as I put it on and everytime I got up to go to the bathroom it would leak everywhere. And it wasn't pink - it was bloody. so needless to say my husband was cleaning the carpets a lot yesterday! i called the Dr and he said that it was normal cause he had pumped an extremely large amount of fluid into me so I was oozing more than some people.

Another issue I had yesterday was that I had to pee like every 45 minutes. It may not seem like that big of a deal but when you are pouring bloody fluid all over the floor everytime you get up, it sucks. And when I would pee I wouldn't be able to fully empty my bladder. I would have to sit there another 2 minutes or so and the rest would come out. Weird. But today the oozing has slowed down significantly and the bladder issue has mostly resolved.

Today my only complaint is the pain. It is a lot worse than yesterday, but it could be worse. When I am laying down it is about a 3 and when I get up it is about a 7. But once I am up it goes down to about a 5 I have a pain pump, which the dr wants to take out tomorrow morning along with the drains, so I am a little scared to see how bad the pain is without it.

I don't know how many lbs or anything the Dr. took off, but I plan on asking tomorrow. The post op nurse told my husband he lipo'd 2 2-liters of fat. And that doesn't count the skin he removed. I am very swollen and bruised so it is hard to see what the results will be, but I can tell a big difference in the front view pic, the side view is a little less noticeable. I also has lipo of the chin area (submental). That hasn't really hurt at all. I just have to wear an extremely annoying head garment. I took it off to see today and one side is smaller and the other is a little bigger. I really hope this is just swelling!!

Why can't I have a bowel movement?! This is...

Why can't I have a bowel movement?! This is ridiculous. Friday I took 2 doses of MOM and a stool softener. Saturday I drank 2 small cans of prune juice and took a dose of miralax. And today I drank 3/4 of a bottle of magnesium citrate. Still nothing. Oh and I drank some coffee hoping that would do the trick. Ugh!! Should I be concerned?

Louisville Plastic Surgeon

I would give him 4.5 stars if I could. He was really nice and his staff was awesome. He has won best Louisville plastic surgeon in local magazines for 3 years in a row. He has a surgery center attached to his office, so that was where I had surgery. They do all surgeries under MAC anesthesia. The anesthesiologist was sooo comforting and nice. The only complaint I have at all is that Dr. Haas seemed to be a little blase about stuff. Like he didn't understand why I was worried about certain things. I know I am a worrier, and I am glad he is so confident in himself, but I needed a little more reassurance occasionally. Other than that he was great!

Thank you for sharing the photos and all the info. I am just now starting to explore options for a TT. Now a year later, are you still satisfied with your results and would you recommend Dr. Haas?
It's def swelling! And you will probably swell even more before it starts going down... If you look at my pic post op day 6 my BB is completely pushed out as I'f I was preggo! And after around day 7 the swelling started coming down ... My advice is wear your binder!! It really helps smooth everything out and keeps swelling down... I have a spongy type thing that you put i'n between the binder and skin and it is awesome! My ps provided it. Totally
Smooths skin out!!
Thanks guys! I did have a bm last night. Thank God! I was in the bathroom on and off for about 3 hours because of all the laxatives I had taken, but it was worth it because I feel so much better now.
Thanks for the recommendation about the tea taraf1717, I am going to try to find some just in case I need it in the future! Still pretty pleased with the way I look in the mirror, especially from the front. From the side, I don't know what to think. The bulge or pooch that was under my bellybutton in the pics I posted after surgery, is now above my bellybutton. Where it was before is flat. I am sure it is just swelling (fingers crossed).

Oh no! I hope you poop soon. It sounds like you're doing everything possible. It does take some time initially. The pain meds are mostly to blame, but your whole body is out of whack for now, so try not to worry too much. Here's a thread about constipation in our TT forum.

Have you had bm today? I'f not get smooth move tea ... Make sure you let it steep for a good 20 min and believe me
You will go ! Takes around 6 hours to work but once it works it does the Job! Btw you look great! Rest as much as possible ! Oh you can get the tea at shoprtite ...
Hope you are recovering well! You look really good. I haven't had my TT yet, but from all that I've read, I'm sure your side view will improve even more when the swelling goes down. Thanks for sharing about the oozing. We have light carpets, so I'm going to ask my doctor about that one! I too will be getting some flank lipo. Good luck w/ your healing and keep on posting.