Horrible Tummy Tuck Recovery! Is This Typical?

I had a tummy tuck on Jan 13 to repair an...

I had a tummy tuck on Jan 13 to repair an abdominal separation and I am having a much harder recovery than I could have ever imagined. I did have a pain pump but my back pain afterwards was so severe that I questioned my decision and often wanted to be put out of my misery.The pain was blinding.

I had bad burning pain from the drainage tube which came out after nine days ( not the 5 that was expected) and even since it's been gone for 2 days that side of my body is sore and tender to the point that i can barely sleep in a bed or sit without back support. Today is the 11th day and my stomach is still extrememly swollen, deformed and I am nowhere near walking upright.

Are these results typical? When should I realistically expect the swelling and deformity to subside? Has anyone else experienced a recovery like this or should I seek help?
You should get at least 5 weeks off! If not, you're going to be very uncomfortable in your job and walking all stiff and funny... My recommendation is that you get more time off. I've hace co-workers who only did their breasts and took 2 weeks off and then needed more time to rest... imagine a TT!!
Wow I am getting scared I am having my surgery done on Friday and I only asked for two weeks off.
I took three weeks off and struggled for about 2 or 3 days at work because I was walking slow and not walking upright. I do have a desk job but sitting all day was not comfortable for me because of my back pain. I would reccommend 3 weeks. I am 4 weeks and 1 day post op and I am just now able to stand and walk at a decent pace. Good luck with your surgery!! Everyone's recovery seems to be different, hopefully ur's will be speedy!
Louisville Plastic Surgeon

One of the best plastic surgeons in Louisville. Took alot of time to explain to me my condition and what was needed to correct my issue. Office staff is very knowledgeable and responsive.