Lap Band is a Tool, Not a Cure

First it was a lot of work just to get approved to...

First it was a lot of work just to get approved to have lap Band surgery. I have Medicare as my primary and Humana as my 2nd insurance. Medicare will pay part of it if you fit into the guidelines of it being a medical necessary. Humana at that time, I don't know if it has changed, pay nothing. Was not covered at all. So I start the testing and the process.
At the time I first started this my weight was 260. I am 5'3". And am presently 53 years old. My weight loss has changed. I am now at 189. But that goes up and down. Within 5 or 6 pounds.

5 years PO I am stuck!

I still have not reached my goal as far as weight goes. I am not gaining so that's good. But it seems like losing is impossible. I want to lose at least 40lbs. but would be happy with 20 for now. The saying nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, ha. That's hard to beleive at times.

More fluid in lapband means less in the mouth, right?

I just don't know, I can not lose weight no matter how hare I try. Went back to my lapband doctor. He added a little more to my band to help me get my eating under control. I just don't really think that's the problem. I do not eat that much, ever. I try to exercise as much as possible. Since knee surger 2 weeks ago I can't do much. Help me if you have any ideas that have worked for you after lapband. You get so far and then get stuck.

Original Lap Bad before and after pictures

I know this is a little late, but I just found the pictures that my Lap Band doc took before and a year after my lap band surgery. I thought it was interesting so I called his office and they had all the dates for me, I wasn't real sure about any dates, but know now. The actual surgery was 09-12-2008.
Louisville Bariatric Surgeon

Very knowledgable in his field. He will really take time to explain things. Will even draw diagrams!