Love Dr Calobrace and his team

Hey everybody!! I'm so happy to have stumbled...

Hey everybody!! I'm so happy to have stumbled across this site, for it has been so helpful! I'm a 29 years old, will be turning 30 on Saturday! So this is my birthday gift to myself! Heck of a 30th birthday present huh? I have 3 children ranging in age from 3 to 10. I've wanted for so long to have this surgery, and I've been unhappy with my breasts since I was a teen. Asymmetry has always been an issue, but got worse after I had my children. I have always been a B cup, but now I can barely fill a B. 5 years ago I was driving to a consultation with a local surgeon, and wrecked my car on the way, so I took that as a sign!! Divine intervention, maybe? I don't know.

Anyway, I went to my first official consult yesterday and I knew as soon as I met the nurses and the doctor that he was the doctor for me. I tried on different sizes of implants, and also did the 4D imaging which was cool. We decided to go with 485cc in my left breast and 435 in my right with a lift on the right and also an areola reduction, so he will be putting the implants through my nipples. I'm thinking when it's all said and done, I'll be a full C small D. I really hope they're not too big! I'm a highly anxious person, so honestly, I never thought I would have the guts to do this!! But I finally decided, I'm so tired of feeling insecure about my breasts!!

My boyfriend took me to the consult. He has been so supportive in my decisions. I went in to the consult expecting to schedule the surgery for some time in September, but it is NEXT THURSDAY!! It all happened so fast! I even had pre-op yesterday following my consult! I don't think it has sank in yet that I will have boobs next week!! I'm going through so many emotions right now. I'm extremely worried, and I'm not even sure what I'm so worried about. Does anyone else have these nerves? I've read the horror stories, but I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize, and doing a lot of praying in the mean time! I'll post pics a little later.

Your feelings are normal! Just make sure you share your concerns with your dr. If you have to meet again to feel better about the procedure then do it. I called and spoke with my dr. A million times because I had so many questions. I'm sure ge doesn't want you to be full of doubt. But try to relax everyone feels some level if nervousness when they decide to do this. I was sooo worried about size but I just made sure my dr. Knew how I wanted to look when it was over and I feel like he made the right decision.

Deep breaths, deep breaths. We've got your back. :0)

Haha thank you. I'm feeling a little down about all of this! Are these feelings normal? I've wanted to do this for so long and now it's finally happening. I should be happy!

Only five more days until my surgery! I eat,...

Only five more days until my surgery! I eat, sleep, drink boobs. It's all I can think about! I'm having a hard time making my family understand why I'm doing this, especially my father. He thinks im wonderful the way that he and mom made me. However, my mom went from skeptical to supportive so I'm thankful for that. I told my 10 year old son and he is also okay with the surgery. I'll be so glad when Thursday gets here. Maybe then it will sink in that I'm actually doing this!

I really do have a great team! My friends have been checking on me, and one of them almost had to wipe my butt for me! LOL. So glad she's a nurse!

It sounds like you are doing well with your recovery then.  For some reason the second day is really bad... hang in there.  That's great you have such a nice team to help you heal!! :)

You look great. Now that you have started to eat maybe the protein from the steak will help you feel better. Remember to drink lots of water.

I haven't posted for awhile, but thought I'd catch...

I haven't posted for awhile, but thought I'd catch everyone up! I am now day 3 post op, and today I felt wonderful!! The day after surgery was by far the worst. I was regretting the decision I hd just made because of the amount of pain I was in. Glad that part is over. BF and I went to lunch and to dinner today. Ive been walking around lot and folding laundry, just trying to keep the house in order. I haven't taken any pain meds since Friday night before bed, Ive been taking only extra strength tylenol and of course the muscle relaxer and my antibiotic. Today was great. Hoping for an even better day tomorrow!

Great to hear you're doing so well. Keep us posted.

LOL, that makes it nice that your friend is a nurse.  I'm glad you feel so awesome today!  You really are recovering fast... way better than most people I know!  Did you go under the muscle?

I'm one month post op and feeling great!! Im still...

I'm one month post op and feeling great!! Im still waiting for lefty to drop, but otherwise I can't even tell they're on my chest. Lol. Can't wait for bikini season next year. :)

I am going to Calobrace on Dec 11 for an augmentation. I am currently a 36A and I chose something like 457 in one and 491 in the other. I didn't get to do the imaging but I'm going go ask about it at my preop appointment. I'm so nervous they will be too big. I don't want to look like I'm choking on my own boobs!
What are you stats (height and weight)? Are you going under the muscle? Those factors make a difference. If I had it to do over again, I would go bigger. Provably quite a bit bigger! Not that I don't love them, but Dr Calobrace told me that the number 1 complaint of his post op patients is that they wish they would've gone bigger, and he's right! When you first have the surgery they will be swollen and you'll think oh my gosh, these things are huge! But the swelling eventually goes down.
I'm 5'5" 160 lbs (need to lose a few). I'm currently in a 36A but u don't event fill it out. When I had my consultation I decided on 457 in one and 491 in the other. I play sports and work in a hospital so I don't want to be "top heavy"

Hey everyone! I just wanted to update everyone on...

Hey everyone! I just wanted to update everyone on how things are going for me! I am now 6 months and 6 days post op. I do not have one regret!! I am in love with my boobs! LOL. They have dropped quite a bit, although they still have some softening to do. I have bought 4 bikinis so far...string bikinis that I would never have been able to wear before my surgery!! Everything is going great! I just wanted to give hope to another woman that may read this and have doubts about the surgery. :-)

I don't know much about placement, incision sites, high profile, mid profile, etc. Guess I don't know much about breast implants at all for someone who is looking to schedule consult! Can anyone explain the differences in high profile, mid profile, etc.?

Here is a helpful link which describes the differences in breast implant profiles and more!

Thank you for the link, it has been helpful!
Louisville Plastic Surgeon

I found him online, after researching several other doctors. It's great to know he's one of the leading plastic surgeons in the nation!