BBL! 2.5liters out, only 380 each cheek back in. Praying for high retention

I use to have what I considered an attractive...

I use to have what I considered an attractive figure although I have never had amazing curves. I lost my flat stomach when I went back to school the last time. I would love to feel attractive again. This past year finding out that I couldn't have children has led me to give up the hopes of settling down so its time to at least know what its like to be young,attractive, and enjoy life.

Welcome to RS! Congratulations and best wishes !

Excited

No sitting for 2-3 weeks? This should be interesting...

Good luck!!! Blessings
Good luck on your surgery can't wait to see your results :)
Thank you! I will post results in weekly increments to help others who are considering the procedure.

4 days left...

Not sure how I feel about the procedure right now, I'm starting to have my doubts. I've decided since there is really no turning back I'm just going to FOCUS on the GREAT RESULTS I hope to have :-) I've gained a few more pounds before surgery. I can't wait to get this done and get past the no sitting stage and start working out again.... soon enough! Good luck to everyone with upcoming procedures. I'd love to hear from anyone who has already had this done

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Tomorrow is the big day....

Md office called today to go over pre-procedure directions etc, and threw in "we'll see you at 9:30".... wait.... my appt is for 6:30. They changed the time the day before. Not helping with anxiety! Will be posting pictures as soon as I am able. Right now I'm just expecting to be completely out the whole first day.

How did it go?!
Good luck!
Keep posting! Fingers crossed for your speedy recovery!

1 day post

Hello ladies! Good news, the procedure wasn't nearly as painful as I had anticipated. The pain meds are keeping it well under control. The worst part is the itching that you can't scratch. He removed 1600 cc from my flanks and another 900 from my abdomen. That alone should make a big difference. Unfortunately I was told not much of that was good fat for grafting so I ended up with only 380cc in each side. I'll just keep my fingers crossed most of it survives!

So glad to hear your on the flip side! Hope recovery goes well.
Thank you Day 2 IS worse than day one, but still tolerable. I can feel that my abdomen has a lot of fluid on it under this garment.... can't wait to take it off at the MDs office to day for a minute
Well, thanks for asking! Just trying to get used to this whole no sitting thing. I can't afford to lose a single CC

Dr. M

Dr. Mizuguchi and staff were very kind and attentive through all 3 appointments I've had so far (consult, pre op, and procedure). Dr. M called me personally last night to check on me and let me know what happened while I was asleep. He is a very easy person to talk to. After I told him I wasn't nearly as sore as I had anticipated he did mention he was sore from all the hard work he had to do (apparently I have very stubborn fat). The nurses at all three appointments were also extremely kind and were ready to answer any questions I had. The nurse in recovery was extremely patient with me and took great care as to make sure I was comfortable.

So happy surgery went well for you, can't wait to see how good you look , happy healing
Speedy recovery doll. Sending warm hugs your way

Ok. Now I feel it

So yesterday I had to quit taking my narcs so that I could beat this constipation. It was probably the most uncomfortable day of my life. It was also the day that I had to take off the garment and wash it. Without the pain meds I could feel that my skin was no longer attached to me and all the fluid just moving around in my abdomen, truthfully terrifying. I don't care about the BBL at this point, I just can't wait to feel normal again.

He doesnt sound like he knows what hes doing. Remember, just because a dr offers a procedure doesnt mean they SPECIALIZE in it. Thats alot of money to pay for only 380 ccs. With surgery, cuttng corners should be avoided! Because if ur unhappy ull have to waste ur time n money doing it all over again. Trust me, i learned the hard way.
Why wasn't the fat good for grafting? Get well and congrats(:

6 days post

I feel a million times better today. I received a mini-massage yesterday that made a huge difference in the swelling. Not carrying around all that extra fluid decreases pain levels and makes it so much easier to get around or rest. I will be posting 1 week pictures tomorrow. No, I did not achieve anywhere close to as much as I had wanted with the grafting but my bf keeps telling me he's glad because everything else looks good and it looks very natural this way.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

How do you change the icon to "not worth it?"

So disappointed. Should have known better. Yes, I lost my love handles some with lipo but there is not really any noticeable difference in by booty. I should have just stuck with my workout plan. My old photos of me from before I went back to school and gained this weight look way better than my post op pictures. Maybe my dimensions will be better when I get in shape again this time atleast. Mostly, just a waste of time, money, and pain.

Sweety he just gave u an excuse for the dream he sold you and took your whole 8300.00 . Listen the PS u chose, no one knows him, u probably didn't want to travel away from your comfort zone , researched his credentials? Just as disneyb89 stated... all PS that are stated PLASTIC SURGEONS may not specialize in the area u desire! Sometimes it's better to sacrifice and travel!!! I hate to hear this happened to you bcz that's your hard earned savings that you worked hard to come up with and he sold u a dream! Bby girl the RS members on here are sharing their experiences and the most mentioned PS are popular for a reason!!!! In my journals there are "WARNING SIGNS " I mention that every patient should look out for before choosing their PS! If in the future that you should even entertain the idea of a proper revision from either ... Dr. Schulman , Dr. Fisher, Dr. Salama, Dr. Cortez , Dr. Jimersen, Dr. Ortega please interview and study girls before and after pics , talk to the PS in person just to name a few that I stated from my journal... Bby girl good luck to you yes your body will bounce back if I nurture it w the best recovery steps such as drinking plenty of water to flush out foreign procedures that was done for sx(anesthesia etc) pineapple juice for swelling that last for Att least 6mos, walking to get your body bck to functioning to its regular state, exercising, eating clean and lean so I can prepare for any future sx's! Oxoxox's
Thank you for the reply and for the advice! I hadn't heard of the pineapple juice, I will try that. The hardest part of the recovery has been the "swelling" which has been more like major fluid shifts. These make it hard for me to control my body temperature, walk, breathe, etc. I put a call out to their staff today to see how long these normally last, no call back. Do you know if that is normal?? Thank you again for the reply
Uw! Yes water water water thn that good ole pineapple juice w is a natural immflammation reducer! Get those lymphatic massages every two wks!! Really helps!!

2 months post

I've deleted all pictures. If anyone needs them for any reason message me. My new body IS better than the old one but simply does not compare with what I was hoping for. That's just how it goes, if you want this procedure wait to go to someone to specializes specifically in this procedure as others have said. Dr. M some good things for me, but I have a few complaints also... it was not what I expected for the amount of money paid.

Louisville Plastic Surgeon

MD was very kind and spent a lot of time with me on the consult appointment. On the pre-op and the day of surgery he sped in and out of the room. After the procedure he did call to check on me and was kind on the phone. He said he was only able to transfer 380cc to each butt cheek due to my fat being "stubborn" and hard to work with. He believed he took out 1400cc on my love handles and 900 on my abdomen. The staff was fantastic. You did get several follow up appointments and a free lymphatic massage.