Absolutely NOT Worth It - 100 units of Botox for treatment of chronic migraines

Long-term side effects

I was given approx 100 units of Botox for treatment of chronic migraines. I was not warned in advance about any potential long term side effects. Within 24 hours I had the worst headache of my life. I thought I was literally going to die. The headache decreased a small amount daily but in crept anxiety, depression, nightmares and a strange feeling of disassociation. I lost my job and my marriage suffered as well. Oh, and my migraines are meaner than ever. Summary: if u want to try Botox for any reason, learn from my mistake and don't take the risk. I eventually recovered, others have not been so lucky.

I literally lost 4 months of my life due to botox for migraines... it invaded my body. I was in the ER 3x and in the hospital for 4 days. It went into my kidneys, couldn't lift my arms or hardly walk across the room. At first my throat closed up. Then it went into my heart, I had never had heart problems in my life. Suddenly I was in A-Fib 73% of the time (I wore a monitor). My heart was fine but I couldn't do anything. My heart doctor put me on 2 heart medications and said that if it was Botox it would work it's way out of my system in 3 - 4 months. Sure enough, 4 months later I went off the medications and I am fine. Botox was informed every step of the way and they kept saying I would be fine in 3 months. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone...
It is now over two years. I am sure the botox has worn off but its effects have not. If I do not take gabapentin three times a day the pain in my shoulder is unbearable. How does someone contact the makers of botox?
Google who manufactures botox, then go to their website, you should see how to contact them. Usually they have an email and phone number, along with a physical address.

I do not recommend seeing a pain management dr unless you suffer from terminal illness. Side effects of medications can cause even more medical problems!