Absolutely NOT Worth It - 100 units of Botox for treatment of chronic migraines

Long-term side effects

I was given approx 100 units of Botox for treatment of chronic migraines. I was not warned in advance about any potential long term side effects. Within 24 hours I had the worst headache of my life. I thought I was literally going to die. The headache decreased a small amount daily but in crept anxiety, depression, nightmares and a strange feeling of disassociation. I lost my job and my marriage suffered as well. Oh, and my migraines are meaner than ever. Summary: if u want to try Botox for any reason, learn from my mistake and don't take the risk. I eventually recovered, others have not been so lucky.

I do not recommend seeing a pain management dr unless you suffer from terminal illness. Side effects of medications can cause even more medical problems!

I literally lost 4 months of my life due to botox for migraines... it invaded my body. I was in the ER 3x and in the hospital for 4 days. It went into my kidneys, couldn't lift my arms or hardly walk across the room. At first my throat closed up. Then it went into my heart, I had never had heart problems in my life. Suddenly I was in A-Fib 73% of the time (I wore a monitor). My heart was fine but I couldn't do anything. My heart doctor put me on 2 heart medications and said that if it was Botox it would work it's way out of my system in 3 - 4 months. Sure enough, 4 months later I went off the medications and I am fine. Botox was informed every step of the way and they kept saying I would be fine in 3 months. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone...
It is now over two years. I am sure the botox has worn off but its effects have not. If I do not take gabapentin three times a day the pain in my shoulder is unbearable. How does someone contact the makers of botox?
Google who manufactures botox, then go to their website, you should see how to contact them. Usually they have an email and phone number, along with a physical address.
Holy c*p! I have had migraines and other health problems for 20 years and although everyone tells me I don't look my age who doesn't want to look younger. People were almost exciteed for me that I have migraines because they were sure I could get botox under health care and they make it seem so simple like your stylist could do it. I'm not medically dumb by any means having tried everything to deal with my medical conditions ranging from migraines to Ra to CFIDS (immune problems) still people and those who do the treatments were saying it should be fine. BUT something about botox into a system that already can't fight off infections just never sat right with me. But I confess I found this site by checking pricing for these fabulous injections that would make me younger and painless. Uhhhhh I guess my instincts were right all along, no way I would let them touch me with this stuff now, all I need is another thing to add to my medical file. I'll just stick with my bangs and my amazing Korean BB cream makeup. LOL as far as sticking needles in all over my head, NOT!!!! I freak out if I think I am getting a toothache knowing it will set off a migraine. Just thinking about 32 shots makes me nauseous. yeech. thanks for posting this because vanity almost talked me into believing this whole injection craze was kinda like a quick style and cut. Good Lord I can't work anymore these days but at least I'm not puking and running a fever from an infection every day. thanks so much again. I kinda feel saved right now. :)
You wise to check this site first. I would have never done it if I had. It truly was one of the worst experiences of my life. I have the best pain doc in the world and he had done ablations (which had worked but only lasted up to 7 months), after three of them he suggested Botox and I was all for it. WIthin days I was unable to lift my arms or even walk across the room, it went to my kidneys and heart. I contacted Allegran Botox company and told them what was happening when I was in the hospital. All they said was well it will go away in 3 - 4 months. They said there was no evidence of it affecting the heart (I had never had anything wrong with my heart) and went to a specialist at the U of U. He put me on two heart medications because I was in A-Fib 73% of the time. My heart doc said that if it went away in 3 - 4 months we would know it was Botox... it did. Botox never made a move to help me or offer any compensation. I don't think a lot of people realize that there are pages of side effects from this drug. I bet a lot of them develop some sort of heart problem and do not relate it to the Botox. I KNOW they did not add my symptoms to the list of things. It is a poison.

Oh my goodness I'm so glad that I found this before choosing to go through with it! I've had almost daily migraines for the last 6.5 yrs. I was searching for a way to avoid all those awful medications, but this certianly doesn't seem to be the way to do it. My neurologist told me that negative side effects could include partial facial paralysis/drooping, but none of this. The $230 each visit is scary enough...

All I can say is DON'T... I have suffered with Cluster/Migraines for almost 40 yrs. There is NOTHING I haven's tried. It is a nightmare that Botox just aggrevated, I can't remember being so sick. God Bless
I have suffered with them for 30 years now and I am disappointed that I don't have solution. I am so tired of being in pain or the fear of being in pain. These things :) ave robbed me of so much of my life and I guess the pharmaceutical companies will continue to rob me.

OMG. I just spoke to my pain management doc about possible botox injections for my severe migraines. He said they give 32 shots all over the head and neck all in one sitting. That in itself sounds too painful. I can't stand my migraines, but what Jennay went thru sounds way to scarey to even consider those botox injections!

Those concerned with your elevens...as u can tell from my photo, bangs are the all natural cure! Don't get it twisted, I'm no spring chicken lol!
Lost person, get her to a Dr who practices integrative medicine asap. They are not so common but they know the ugly underbelly of the medication driven beast. Botox ended my life 80% for about 3 months and then 50% for about 3 months. Botox is a NEUROTOXIN. She is running a fever, (as did I) because her immune system is trying to fight. She is already compromised because of her other conditions. Get her to integrative medicine and make sure she drinks water and more water and nothing but water! It may help her liver, kidneys and gall bladder filter out the toxins in her system from pain mess and Botox and muscle relaxers. Information from Dr Andrew Weil in Arizona was very helpful to me.
OMG LOL! You just called me uninformed and uneducated. That is hilarious. I just call you lucky. It sounded like something a 20 year old would say. Well, you did say you look great. That's really all that matters. I had Botox for a medical condition. I would never take a chance on injecting a known neurotoxin into my face for superficial vanity, but that's just me...uneducated and uninformed. Lol! With love in my heart I tell you that I know many people who have had Botox for years with no problem and then out of the blue their body rejects the toxin. For some people, the side effects diminish and they recover over time. Others are still suffering with life altering neurological issues. Health is the only type of true wealth one can obtain in this life. Accept yourself as you are and love yourself enough to not risk your health on vanity. True beauty lies within. The human body ages, the soul is timeless.
Amen Jennay, I am one that suffered and lost 4 months of my life. Thousands of dollars from ERs and hospital stays when it went into my kidneys and then heart. Looking beautiful and unwrinkled for a few months is NOT worth putting this poison in your body. God Bless
Botox is great when informed and educated ! I have been doing it for almost ten years with no regret for cosmetic purposes. I am fifty now and look waaay younger than my friends and old classmates . Not everyone's cup of tea but if it makes you feel better and boosts your confidence , why not? P.S the prices are reasonable at between ten and twelve dollars a unit depending on who you go too. A normal frown line between the eyes runs me about 240.00 ......: )
Listen to Jennay.... it will end up biting you one of these days... nothing is worth some of these side effects. It is time for women to stop trying to be perfect and what they are not... love life! I have earned every wrinkle I have and proud of it...
What is a dentist doing giving botox? Who next a chiropractor? Even the neuroligist who gave me the injections did not expect the pain I am having. I had to give her the idea that gabapentin might stop the reaction from the botox side affect. I am at 600mg three times a day now. It works about 75% to block the nerves from telling the brain that there is pain.

One amusing side affect from this med. About 3 hours after taking each dose I get a slight euphoric feeling and what might make me angry I just ignore.
No more side effects. still taking gabapentin after two years. if i miss one dose my shoulder "reminds" me. If I miss two I actually get slightly depressed. Is gaba an antidepressant too? I see most of the remarks are from people who have migranes. My problem is fibromyalgia and one muscle in my neck. When it knots up I get a headache on the outside of my head. The bigger the knot the worse the pain. That is under control most of the time using excederin or a muscle pain cream.
The biggest side effect with using Gabapentin is weight gain, but a drug of this nature can cause depression on withdrawl. I tried it but did not like the side effects. God Bless you

Ok Botox what do we do my wife has had several back surgeries and so she is on pain med (oxycotin) well to make my story short she went to the dentist for dental work he mentioned Botox for migrains she had him give botox treatment and now she is completely lost we as a family dont know what to do as the Hospitals think its the drugs but she was fine till the day of botox injection she complains about her head hurting when we can get her to talk and she keeps running a high fever I am going to take her back to hospital but they are not helping is there anyone that can help us that really knows she has never been like this and we dont know where to go.

Please find out the manufacturer of the Botox and call them. Let the people in the ER know that she has had Botox and that there are pages of side effects. I went to one of the best Heart Doctors in the country and he said it was definately due to the botox injections. Go on line and pull up the drug reaction sheet for Allergan Botox, you will be amazed. God Bless
I got sick from Botox too and never recovered, it has been 3 years..............it is a permanent poisoning of the body!
I know what you man about pain. I am waiting on an answer to my question now. (only asked it yesterday) Got the injections in my neck and in one week the pain started in my neck and then traveled down my back. It has now settled in my left shoulder. I think it is the worst I have ever had. Muscle pain + burning + numbness. I know it is brought on by my computer work, when I get home it goes away about 95%.

I hope it wears off.
It won't wear off for at least 3 monrha. I had injections all over my head, neck and shoulders.. within a few days I couldn't lift my arms. I was flat on my back for 4 months. God Bless. There is no antidote... believe me, I researched it.
That was two years ago and it still has not worn off. (I am sure the botox has worn off but it has done permanent damage to something) Any lawyers out there?
LOL...your second pic is hilarious, i thought about getting botox for my 31st...i have those damn 11's that make me look angry all the time, im not but then someone ask and it makes me annoyed, and hence i get angry...I also thought it would be good as i have heard it does wonders for migraines ( i have had them since i was 6 years old) but now im not so sure...:(