Tired of my Stomach in my Lap – Full Lipo TT Asap!! Shooting for 7/5/11 - Gretna, LA

I had a consult for a TT on March 3, 2011. I have...

I had a consult for a TT on March 3, 2011. I have some female issues and plan to have a TT when those issues are addressed. I have a few concerns, I am 45 years old with no kids and about 280lbs, I am 5'9. My doctor says since my weight has been the same for a few years and I have no other medical issues that I can have a TT without losing any weight, but if I did, it would be great.

After reading some of the reviews, I am getting scared. I've wanted this for some time and plan to have a TT with Full lipo on July 5, 2011. Am I doing the right thing at my age? I am being told by a friend to love myself. I do love myself, but I want to improve "me". I am I wrong for wanting to improve my physical appearance or is my friend so called hatin on me? She's almost talking me out of it. I have done my background check on my doctor and his record is spotless, no complaints, no lawsuits. He came highly recommended and I've seen and love his work. Please I need some insight and help.

Is $11,000.00 too much. The insurance will pay...

Is $11,000.00 too much. The insurance will pay for operating room and anesthesia. I am paying or the Full TT w/muscle repair and lipo of flanks. I have had two consults and they were within $1,000.00 of each other.

I was scheduled for a TT and Full Lipo last year,...

I was scheduled for a TT and Full Lipo last year, but an unscheduled surgery caused me to push my surgery back. My PC wants to do Dual Laser Lipo of the Lower/Upper Abdomen, Flanks, Low Back and Wings first. Four to Six months later he will do my TT. I am overweight with no medical issues (I had to have a hysterectomy last year, but am healthy other wise. He suggested I lose 20lbs before surgery. Is this normal? I really trust him because is has been my GYN for years and has been a PC as for 30 years.
Peter Hertzak

Dr. H answered all of my questions. His staff takes my many phones calls and answers every question as well. Dr. H has been practicing for more than 25 years and has never had any disciplinary action taken against him. Also, he is part owner of the hospital where the surgery will take place.

reading all of these comments r very helpful,thanks for sharing!
Hi Ms. Deevah, when I spoke with my PS, who is also my GYN and the doctor who did my hysterectomy, he suggested I do the lipo of my stomach in November an the TT in January or February. Yes, I looking forward to both procedures! My PS says since my stomach is so large, he has to do the procedure in 2 parts. I love his work and respect his opinion, so I guess my TT will have to wait once again. I cam't wait to see your results and don't be nervous because you will be a fox by the holidays!!!!!
yes i am very excited not at all nervous but gurl it will b worth the wait !!!!! good luck n stay in touch
hello Miss Cee, how are you ? do you still plan on having the tt IN NOVE.? I AM HAVING MINE IN ONE MONTH i am not nervous at all just cant wait for it to be over
Checking in on you Ms. Cee... how is it going???? I just posted some more pics....

One month post today and Im feeling super...
Hey Ms C.

You're surely not to old, I'm 50 and my surgery is April 11th. I have people always telling I'm small even my husband I don't think I am. I'm 133lb but I guess with this big belly I can't get pass it. Well some of my friends I've shown my stomach and all they would say is oh or I wish my stomach was that size. But if they were this size they probably feel like me. I know we are our worst critics but that's how I feel. I also say as long as my husband don't have a problem with my tt who cares what the rest think I know I don't . If I wasn't married I really would care less what they think you're the one that have to see your tummy all the time not them. Girl do yo thang.
Thanks so much Lilburn469 for the encouragement. I have encountered some other medical issues that I have to address now and will delay my surgery until November. But my PS, who is also my GYN said that by that time my body would have healed and I would be in great shape for my TT. From the time I made my original post, I have kept my TT surgery plans to myself and I find that that works for me. I look forward to seeing your before and after photos. Keep me posted on your success!!!

Hi Ms Cee and welcome to RealSelf!

I am glad you joined in on our group:)  First of all you are not too old, you do deserve this and if you are healthy go for it.

I am not sure what your ideal weight is listed as; but the closer you are to your ideal weight the better results you will have.   Plus it lowers any surgical complications.  Sounds like you are on the right track and have a little time before your procedure.

Be cautious in who you tell because you will find there are many haters out there.  They will try to smack you down and make you feel guilty.  You shouldn't feel guilty at all because you deserve this.   Stick with the positive people and that will help you through this process.

If you have any questions just log on .  You will find that all of the women on here are very supportive and share many good tips.  We will make you laugh and feel good about what you are doing.

Keep posting!!
Thanks so much Kimmers25. I can actually say that I have received lots of support so far and this is my first day on the site. From this day forward, I will not tell anyone else about my plan to have a TT. This site offers so much support, I'll come to the site with questions and for support!

You always know where to find us!
Thank Angiemcc, I needed that. I have been losing a little weight, hopefully by the time I have my surgery, I would have lost about 20 pounds. I am glad that I found this site, because everyone has been so encourgaging and I need that now.

I have read that if you're heavier, your chances for complications are somewhat elevated. If you're not planning on losing a lot of weight after the tummy tuck (and possibly undoing what's been done), I think that higher risk of complications would be the only con.

As far as your friend goes, she doesn't have to live in your body, you do! I would say to limit your conversations with her and/or ask her to drop her "agenda" when she communicates with you. She needs to be supportive.

You can love yourself and still get something on your body fixed.

As far as age goes, I've seen tons of women in their fifties getting a tummy tuck, so, as long as you're healthy, I wouldn't worry about that.

Please let us know what you decide! Sending you very much virtual support.

I say listen to your heart and do what you want to do specially if u know its something that you have wanted for a while and that will make you feel better..

For this same exact reason I told no one about my procedure because I didn't want anyone talking me out of it or giving me their negatice opinions. Your friend is just hatin because if she knows that you really desire this then she would be supportive even if she disagrees with you doing it.

I know its a really scary decision, but if you are in good health and want to do it. then Do It.. I myself did not loose any weight and I was not at an ideal weight but I also knew that I have no time to get to the weight I wanted to be and I just wanted the flab to be gone...

So do it.. YOu have to be selfish sometimes.
Thanks Momma79. Today, I signed the paperwork to withdraw that money from a CD that was about to roll over. I am going to do it. Also, I am going to take your advice and not tell anyone else. By the way, did you like your results?
yes I did.. Im loving my results and my review just went live.. so when you get a chance come and take a look at my pics and tell me what you think... my before and after shots are up...