Weight Watcher Was the Answer for Me!!!!

In July of 2011 I needed to have some minor knee...

In July of 2011 I needed to have some minor knee surgery but my surgeon told me that if I did not lose a lot of weight I would NOT be walking in 10 years.....at 53 that was just NOT okay. I went to my GP for pre-op and a fix for the weight!! I asked for the lap band and she said "NO" explaining that if I did not learn how to eat and exercise correctly the lap band would be a temporary band aid....she suggested I go to a program to help. I decided on WW so I did not have to eat "their" food. My first weight is awful....I tipped the scale at 296 (I'm only 5'5").....but the first week weight loss of 5+ lbs lead me in the right direction. I could not exercise due to the knee surgery but tracked everything I put in my mouth!!! I lost every week for over a year..sometimes only .2 lbs but never gained...I started Zumba in Jan of 2012 and 17 months from my start date (Dec 9, 2012) I hit my goal weight of 160 and I'm now at 153. I have missed maybe 2 meetings due to vacations....even when I can not go on my regular Sunday I make it sometime during the week. The secret is really simple...you most be accountable to yourself.....own everything you eat and get active!!! I now zumba at least 3 times a week and I walk at least 30 minutes every weekday before going to work ( 2.5 - 3.5 miles). When you do put on a few pounds don't beat yourself up just do what you know how to do.....ENJOY your life which means eating out and eating "bad" sometimes!!! Help this helps!!!

it is a very merry christmas this year!!!

Last year at this time I had just hit my goal weight after losing 136 lbs and while that was reason to celebrate I was left with a lot of unwanted skin!!! In June of this year I has that taken care of and I could NOT be happier about my decision to do a tummy tuck.....I did not do arms or thighs and I had no lipo and I'm happy about those decisions as well. I have maintained my weight for a year....I am down about 2 sizes however ( in July of 2011 I was a 22/24W and I currently wear 6/8)!! Wishing everyone a very happy new year!!!

what a change, amazing !! congratulate

Welcome to the community!  You look wonderful and should be very proud of yourself!  Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

Weight Watchers is an awesome program and I also had great success with it.  You have just added so many years onto your life.  Continue the great work and help encourage others to do the same thing.

Thanks...truly life changing....the amount of energy I have now is scary great!!!!