Ultherapy Hurts! - Los Angeles

I heard about Ultherapy on Dr. Oz. I wanted to...

I heard about Ultherapy on Dr. Oz. I wanted to tighten my facial skin and he said that it was a non-evasive, no down time procedure. I found it to be the most painful procedure I've ever had. I had a pain shot and vicodin, nevertheless during the procedure it felt as though I was being shot with a tazer gun. After the procedure I had welts, scratches and swelling on my face (actually I still do). The skin under my chin and in other areas on my face have been numb for over a week.

If the pain equals results, I'm hopeful that the results will be fantastic. It's been a week and a half and I can't really tell yet.

The doctor was very understanding about the pain. He stopped numerous times to let me calm down from the pain. He even gave me an additional pain pill in an effort to make the experience less torturous. The jury is still out about whether the procedure worked for me. I'm not sure whether I could endure Ultherapy treatment again.

As an addendum, the new Amplify software for Ultherapy is now available and can be used to increase comfort levels during Ulthera in our Los Angeles office.
Ultherapy is an excellent modality used in my Los Angeles office as an alternative to a facelift or necklift. Minimizing pain is a priority in our office, but I encourage patients to use multimodality pain relief techniques so that we can optimize treatments. The second priority is to custom tailor Ultherapy so that your cosmetic concerns can be addressed. Good luck!
Hi All,

Ulthera is a wonderful new technology that adds a tool to facial plastic surgery (non-invasive) that allows lifting and tightening of the face, neck, brow, as well as other areas on the body. As with all treatments and technologies, Ulthera is just a tool. How it is used by individual physicians will determine patient comfort and results. Yes, there is some discomfort involved, but when performed properly with correct technique, most patients are able to tolerate the treatment without any analgesia. There will be some patients who benefit from oral medications and/or local anesthesia nerve block injections. Severe pain is related to treatment too close to bone, treatment at the wrong level, and poor contact or positioning of the Ulthera handpiece. The scratches and welts are again due to poor technique and loss of proper contact with the skin. Once again, as with most procedures in aesthetic medicine, take your time to chose your treating physician most carefully. Good luck and be well.

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino, CA
Dr Persky do you do the ulthera treatment as well?
Hi Avi, Sorry for the 2 year delay in my answer, but yes I do perform Ulthera. Best, Dr. P
I received ultherapy 3 months ago, and although it was slightly painful, my plastic surgeon gave me some medication to relax me and it really helped. I went with a friend and got a discount for $2500 each. It was worth it! You won't notice it right away, but after about 2 months, you will definitely see a difference. Just make sure that it is a trained doctor, and NOT a nurse or tech doing this procedure! I went to a Korean doctor in korea town. I would recommend him highly.
Hi my name is Dang and I was wondering about Korean Doctor in Korea town. What is the name of the Doctor and how much it is ? What about the results? Please let me know thank you very much.

Dang
Can you recommend the doctor please? Thanks!
I wonder if we went to the same doctor. Do you think there's a chance that he's not doing the procedure correctly?
I did this in November, and yes it hurts it is very painful, i took 2 percocets and still it was painful, it felt like i was being electricuted!
I have 3 months later noticed some tighting under my chin, we are going to have pictures done in March so I will update.
I paid 2K, for the entire face, but his prices have gone up to now 3K
It is interesting to me how doctors keep saying that the treatment is painless, but time and time again I have read posts from people saying how tremendously painful it is.

Thanks so much for writing a review of your experience. I've heard a few people talk about how painful it is, despite what Dr. Oz said. Do you think you still would have had it done if you'd known the extent of the pain?

Thanks for your reply.I really don't think that I would have done this procedure had I known that it was so painful.