Thrilled with Ulthera Results - Los Angeles, CA

I had an Ulthera treatment after speaking to...

I had an Ulthera treatment after speaking to several friends who had it done and looked better to me. I had tried Thermage in the past and didn't notice any difference so I was skeptical.

I did find the treatment painful but every treatment I do seems to hurt so I guess I was prepared for that. I immediately noticed a difference during the treatment but was excited to see what would happen as I was told it would continue to improve. I only treated one of my brows because one was lower than the other to begin with. 2 months later and my brows now look even and my jawline is much improved. I also feel like my skin looks better overall- I've had several people ask me about what I am doing so it must not just be me!

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr H is so gentle and genuinely cares about his patients...highly recommend

Our office has obtained excellent results with the Ulthera system for the lower face and jowl areas. Patients are able to obtain excellent tightening of the neck areas.
I'm 58 and went to the same Doctor a week ago!! I've already noticed an improvement!! Your positive review put me over the top to go do it!! Love the Doctor and his staff!!

Nearly one year on, do you think the results have lasted?

Hi,

Our patients are seeing very good results with Ultherapy! Be well.

Dr. P
May I ask your age? I wonder if results can vary on your age as well.

thanks!
I am 53...I have no idea if there is an age limit-
Hi Wing,

Though Ulthera usually works best in 35 to 55 year olds, we have seen excellent results in patients in their 70's. There is not an age limit.
Good luck and be well.
Dr. P
Hi Libby, I wanted to let you know that my jaw was sore for a couple of weeks too...my doctor explained that it was normal (i called to report!) because the ultrasound goes very deep. I did notice a little difference right away but my doctor told me that it can take up to 6 months to see the full changes.

I don't have my pictures...my doctor has them and I don't want to share on this public site. I should probably go back to see if there are more changes but I do get complements all the time about my face-I did it about 4 months ago. I think the problem with some of these reports is you write in as soon as you do the treatment because it is fresh in your mind...my doctor made it very clear that it takes some time for you to really see what will happen. I also spoke with my friend's husband about it before I did it who is a doctor (doesn't do Ulthera) but explained the whole process and how these types of lasers take effect later...
I hope that helps- I'm still happy
I appreciate that you took the time to answer. I had Scuptra injected after the Ulthera, same day. I wonder if that is common. Thanks again.
Another Real Self subscriber asked me a question and I saw your post and have been meaning to write back. I also did Sculptra (I had never had it before) about 2 weeks ago. I was sooooo sore on my jaw and my temples- WAY more than the Ulthera. I can only imagine how sore you were because you did them on the same day!
So have you finally got any results from ulthera???

thx!

XOXO
Hi Britt,
I researched Ulthera for about 4 months before I had it done. A close friend had it done in NY and was very very happy with her treatment and thus, kept encouraging me to do it. The only pain I had was during the treatment and it was uncomfortable...mind you, I chose not to take any medications that were offered to me because I didn't want to feel groggy or drugged. It hurt more on my forehead and right next to my ears. It didn't hurt afterward. I've had other laser treatments where I felt a burning sensation for a couple of hours after...I didn't have that. I felt sore in some areas...mostly along my jawbone...but it wasn't painful. I'm not comfortable putting up my pictures- but I am very very happy. I don't ever want to have a facelift but I am 48 and I needed to do something to improve my skin which is starting to sag a little bit. I definitely encourage others who are looking into to do it-

Thanks Wing,

This extra info is useful for the community. Glad it all worked out.

-Britt

Had Ulthera 11 days ago. I see no improvement. I am very upset. No one posts photos when there is improvement. My jaw is still sore. Does that indicate something good?? I guess that I need some encouragement.

Hi Wing,

Welcome to the Ulthera community. I'm glad it evened out your eyebrow and your jawline. How long had you been thinking about having this done? Did you have any pain or downtime? The community would love to see pictures.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Ulthera definitely works. Results and comfort level are related to the skill and expertise of your treating physician. Choose your treating physician most carefully. Good luck and be well.

Dr. Persky