Smile Deformed After Botox

9 days ago I had botox in my crows feet, my...

9 days ago I had botox in my crows feet, my forehead, and my jaw muscles (to treat TMJ).

When I woke up this morning, I couldn't smile. My mouth widens and opens but it doesn't go up at the corners at all and my cheeks don't move; my mouth just sort of stretches across my face. I look like I am grimacing or like I have had a stroke of some sort.

Normally I love botox. However, in that my smile now looks like an animal in the wild showing its teeth at an enemy, I'm not so thrilled. I am not sure if it is the TMJ injections or the crow's feet injections, but something is very wrong.

Which of the injections might have caused this? Is there a possible way to correct it? Is it normal for it to take so long for the botox to work? Usually it takes full effect within 4-5 days. Is there anything I can do to hasten the metabolization of the botox? I look very, very strange.

My smile was better about 4 months into it, that is when it wasnt as noticable to people.
It has been since may for me and I still can see where the muscle does not work as well on one side of my cheek. It is not noticeable to anyone but me when I wake up in the mornings. By mid day it is fine.

It will come back, time is what it takes. I exercised that muscle all of the time, just used it and used it.
Good luck to you.
Hi, I was wondering if your smile came back? I have had the same thing happen. Please let me know how long it took and thank you!
Yeah it's fine now, it took awhile and I would say it's 99%back to what it was before it all happened. I don't think my face will ever be 100% the way it was but is not noticeable to anyone. My muscle at the top of my cheek got damaged so it took a long time. Good luck to you :)

I love the doctor I normally go to, but his nurse did it this time.