My Face Looks Horrible After Mild Pixel - Los Angeles, CA

I made an appt with a local medspa for some...

I made an appt with a local medspa for some juvederm for vertical lip lines. That came out extremely well-I was surprised at the improvement. While there it was suggested that I also have some "spot" pixel resurfacing under my eyes and around my mouth to further diminish the vertical lines. So I tried it. My skin before the Pixel was smooth with no crepey texture and no enlarged pores. After Pixel I was red for 2 days, peeled on the 3rd day and by day 4 noticed massive pore enlargement and crepey texture only in the areas the laser had been applied to. because the rest of my skin is so smooth, this damage really stands out. I am now 1 week post "treatment." Has this happened to anyone else? Is it permanent? I can't say that I am happy with this treatment.

It is now more than a year since I had the Pixel...

It is now more than a year since I had the Pixel (with RF). It seems like most of the damage occurred in the 6 months immediately following the treatment. I had it applied under my eyes to try and resolve some of the damage from an overfill of Restylane and also my chin and upper lip. The first thing I noticed was the grid pattern stayed for a long time and then gradually turned into what looked like enlarged pores and actual holes developed that resembled icepick scars. These all formed in the grid pattern.

It seems like I have lost fat on my chin, upper lip and most of all under my eyes. I developed winkles and saggy skin under my eyes. My skin felt like sandpaper for about 2 months and then it just became paper-dry. It took 10 months before my skin seemed to start retaining moisture. I wonder if it was the RF that caused the fat loss?

There has been no improvement. I have tried a 20% TCA peel, a Glycolic peel a few months later (up to the lash line), a VI Peel a few months after that, lots of Cerave moisturizer. I had a Hydrofacial twice. I just started trying Retin-A under my eyes and am considering a strong Glycolic Peel or a Medium TCA Peel under my eyes and on my upper lip and chin - one area at a time instead of all at once.