Upper Eyelid Hollowness 6 Years After Surgery

I originally planned to only have lower eyelid...

I originally planned to only have lower eyelid surgery because I was always bothered by bagginess that made me look tired. There was some droopiness to the upper lids so the doctor suggested fixing that at the same time. I have fairly closely spaced eyes, and he told me that my age would show in my eyes more than anywhere else on my face, so having my eyes done could help me look younger longer.

The surgery was painless, and I had very minor discomfort afterwords. But immediately after surgery, I noticed that the left upper lid suture was not pulled tightly together. I kept ice (or frozen peas) on it as recommended and slept sitting up for more than two weeks. The next day when I went back to the doctor to have the stitches removed, he said it was fine -- that it would heal OK and that any scar would fade in time.

I had upper and lower blepharoplasty in Jan 2004. Results for the lower are good. I had a lot of fat and puffiness that were removed. However, I have been unhappy with the upper lid results from the beginning. My left eye has a visible surgical scar on the outer edge, which the doctor told me would fade over time. It has not only not faded, but it now looks even deeper because of my brow slowly drooping. In addition, the extreme hollowness, especially near my nose makes me look older than 53. I hate the sunken look. Do you think fat grafting would help or hurt? I am worried about having another procedure that could produce yet another visible scar. (The After photo is from today, and the Before photo is from almost 6 years ago, so of course there is other aging taking place in the After photo.)

Is anyone still interested in recruiting doctors ( in southern California) to try this orphan procedure of orbital fat replacement? I have some names of top ocuplastics at UCSD and UCLA we could all try writing. We could ask if they would start considering doing this approach. I know they are busy, but somebody needs to pick up the ball on this neglected area of plastic eye surgery. I have had fat injections in other areas and am quite pleased withe the results.
Im in Uk and interested

Hello,

I was unaware of ripoff .com, but have posted on MAKEMEHEAL,RateaMD and Complaint board. Adding photos when possible and always allowed to give and post doctors name. Perhaps these doctors have someway gotten to these Sights when there name's are printed. However, i have always challenged the doctor who did this to me, and also wrote to her and have had back and forth blogs with her former patience whom defend her or loyal Staff posing as them.Some posts appear on here and I've never said she was not good in other area's, but not eyes or face-lifts.Mine is not the only bad review.

I will always hold my ground and photos are my best tool. You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to see the negative difference.

I'm sorry you joined the ranks of bad P.S. Unfortunately there are more of them in the phone book than Attorneys. Not all are good at there profession. Years of experience and skill are  needed, and some never get it. Others are good at certain area's, but will not just specialize in those as they should.

They face little in consequence, so until the Legal System and Medical Boards start to hold them more responsible, botched job's it will continue.And the emotional depression,Loss and PTSD that follows are ignored.

I understand your wanting to fix a problem ASAP. It is difficult to look in the mirror. But time is sometimes the best way proceed. It gives you a chance to explore all possibilities on revision, review there outcome, and not rush into more surgery that can leave you worse off, with more scarring. Many on here have done just that and end up worse than before.

Also, if you jump from doctor to doctor in a frantic panic, then unhappy with his work and go to another. All your records are usually forwarded, and they will without your knowledge mark you as a Nut Case. "Unrealistic Expectations" are one of  their favorite comments, and saves them from any repercussions legally. Next thing you know, you can't find a P.S. good or bad to see you. Your blacklisted. Sad but true.

I'm interested in any photos you have, and all I can say is move slowly, let this last revision heal. Actually I would think a year is long enough, but don't expect a P.S. to tell you this if he thinks your ripe for the pickings.

It is a Profitable Business. Some earn more annually than Cardiologist or Obstetricians..  I've read marketing reports, only P.S. receive and the strategies are there to get your money with little risk to them

.Injectables were a P.S. Dream, with little risk or so they thought until they started full face injections and found woman looking like a lop- sided sponge in three months time when absorption started to occur.The Marketing on it today is still Big Business, and not always informed of risks.

Your best interest is not always there top priority. However, there are a few that are in this for the skill. Some even do pro bono work, and those that cannot help, will be honest and say so. Like I've said, word of mouth and these Sights are best and skill in that facial area needing revising.

Eyes are the hardest, so once there screwed up it is a on going battle, but your not alone in that boat.

Keep me informed and let me know once photos are posted.
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Other people I know who had procedures by this doctor were happy with the results. I was not happy with my results. I think he's retired now.