Dysport Has Ruined my Face... Don't Use It

I am a nurse at a beverly hills plastic private...

I am a nurse at a beverly hills plastic private practice...I have been using botox for over 7 years and love it and the effects its given me.

The representative for Dysport gave us free product to help promote it's use in our practice. A couple of the nurses tried it. We will not use it again. I received it on Tuesday and by Friday I had one swollen eye by Saturday both my eyes have swollen bags hanging over my cheeks.

I am so angry and upset. My job is helping making people feel more beautiful...I am so upset I can't even write this blog...This product has ruined my beautiful face...I have been told there is nothing to be done...it's as if fluid has been pumped into my face.

DON'T USE DYSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dysport distributor

My practice will never use this product on our patients

Nurse Beverly Hills, I see you made one post in 2010 about your face falling from Dysport. Did it ever go back to its natural state? I'm almost 5 months from getting this horrible injection and my face has fallen, more wrinkles, dry eyes, dry mouth, ringing in my ears. Any hope!? Isn't live this way any longer.

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you ladies have gone through this, but I'm truly grateful y'all posted me this as I have an appt to get Dysport in the AM.... I'll be missing it.

Never use hyaluronidase, it melts away juvaderm including yours!! l am left hollowed under my eye!!
l am devastated and hurt and really dumbfounded...
7 months post injection, I do have more energy BUT still have creepy sensations over my head face and body, feels like I have mini strokes sometimes several times a day, still having trouble breathing and speaking. Horrific experience, lasting WAY too long!
Thank you soooo much for the info!! So glad your doing better!! U have given me hope!!!
Im sorry beverly hills! same thing with me! I am wondering how are you now? did it ever wear off?
please help i need answers
Hi Nikkie,

You sent me a private message but I could send a private message back because your settings wouldn't allow it so I'll answer it here. It has been a little over 5 months for me and I feel I'm almost back to normal, about 95%. I think, at least for me, it took a while to metabolize and the orbital muscle that is under the eye is a weak muscle to begin with so I think that is partly why it has taken so long. But after about 10 weeks post treatment I was feeling like I looked pretty normal and wasn't so self conscious anymore. I know some other people have had bad experiences that haven't worn off but it has for me with no other adverse side effects. Good luck, you'll have to give it time to wear off.
Just curious, did u get the horrible bags under your eyes?
If so did they go away? This is deff the worst part of this whole ordeal!
Thanks for the input and any info you have :)
I am little more than 6 months post injection, I am still having trouble breathing, my face has "fallen down" dysport has ruined my life, I am always dizzy, naseous, vision problems, exhausted, in pain, neurological problems, have trouble holding my bladder, I was told this horrible drug was "totally safe" I cannot work full time, I cannot exercise, I cannot do much of anything, I am having prolonged allergic reactions to almost everything, my face still swells up especially around the eye, the top lid and surrounding area, my life has little quality, and now I am having unexplained fevers that reach 103 degrees F that last for many days and pain in every joint, muscle, and bone, even my skin, accompanies these fevers. I am losing hope that I will ever get better :( Any advice from anybody who is suffering longer than I????
Hi Nurse - I am so sorry for your bad aesthetic outcome with Dysport. I suspect that there will be lots of bad results with Dysport for a while because it is new and from all accounts spreads more than Botox. My disaster was in relation to Botox, and my aesthetic result was diabolical. It is Week 40 and I still do not look like myself, especially when I smile. Please read my review: http://www.realself.com/review/Botox-and-antibiotics Ignore the part about antibiotics (because I am assuming this does not apply to you) and just read the "MASSIVELY LONG UPDATE WITH PHOTOS AT WEEK 38 POST BOTOX". I have also posted photos of what happened under one of my eyes from Botox. Myself, Eyeschicago, Shabbygirl, Uncool, AnotherBadBotoxCase, Meltyface, Chloerose, Happywithme etc etc etc (there are too many of us to write a complete list) have all had hideous aesthetic outcomes with either Botox or Dysport. We totally understand how horrible it is and you are not alone. My best wishes to you for a very speedy recovery. Cheers, K
Can we all start posting photos of what it is we are talking about, even if it's just photos of the area under the eyes? I will try to do so tomorrow. I feel that we are going to be blown off by doctors who will attribute this to "natural aging" (that is what my derm already attributed it to, not having actually seen me). I was off this site for awhile but now am back, and I would like to show what we're talking about, just as tried but failed has done in her recent post. It's just not right that women aren't told the risk of losing months or up to a year of their lives to this disaster and then possibly need surgery ...
Hi there, Nurse. I imagine you will soon hear from others in the international "Jabba the Hutt" club (for an explanation, see chloerose's post on cheek drop resulting from botox). Unfortunately what you are going through is not uncommon for Dysport or Botox users who are injected near the eye, between the brows, and most especially it seems near the crowsfeet. I had botox and it is like a festoon under the eye. It's actually herniated fat, not "swellling." Trying to get resolution or help (or even a refund) has been very difficult for me so far, but there are a lot of people who have experienced reversal of the problem after several months.
I'm sorry that happened to you!
How long has it been and did the bags ever go away?
Im dealing with the same exact thing and it's been about 6 weeks and its been horrible!
How are you doing now!?
Thanks for your input:)
Shabbygirl, you are only five months in ... please please wait at least a few more months before undertaking surgery or giving up hope. I have an article that shows a woman with the same problem and it resolved around the five month mark. It might take us a little longer or up to twice as long, but I'd say give it at least 10 months. At 13 or so weeks mine is no better, either, but I am hopeful it will be.
Hi I went to see the plastic surgeon and she said I was not a candidate for the under the eye surgery because some of the damage done to my face by the Dysport is too far down below my eyes and she can't get to it with surgery. She was an awesome doctor, she could have just taken my money and did the surgery and of course it wouldn't have helped. She also told me that there is no way anyone could say this was natural aging that I was way too young to have all this on my face (I am 41). My face before the Dysport disaster looked like I was around 30, now I look like an old lady. Actually, the damage done to my face looks so weird that even an old lady wouldn't look like this. The only thing that has even gotten better in the five months is some of the puffiness to my cheeks has gone down. All of the saggy skin and pouches are all still there and have not improved at all. Also all the creases that look like really deep, long wrinkles that are actually caused from the layers of skin that has sagged down has not gone away at all either. Some days the creases are a little less noticeable but on other days these creases are so deep and noticeable that you can actually see them through my sunglasses! The plastic surgeon did tell me that there is this laser procedure that might help. I guess it is done below your eyes and it burns off a layer or two of your skin and once the skin heals back it is suppose to tighten up and should make the lines and saggy skin less noticeable. Of course because some of my damage is so low down below my eyes that she wasn't sure how much it would help. I guess this is pretty much my last hope since plastic surgery isn't an option anymore. I have to go to a dermatologist to have this laser procedure done. I guess there are a lot of risks to this procedure like everything else but at some point I know I have to take the risk. I also know at some point I have to make a decision on what to do, I just can't live the rest of my life like this. To me, I have no life, I barely leave my house or go around people because I look so bad! The only problem is I am not sure how long I should wait before I do something. As time goes by slowly, my face might get a little better but I don't see how the skin can ever pull itself back up which also means none of the creases (lines) caused by the layers of saggy skin will ever go away either. None of this would have happened to any of us if the people who do the injections were not allowed to inject Dysport and Botox into areas that are not FDA approved. I know they are not suppose too but if they had stricter laws regarding this, than maybe these injectors would think twice before injecting into an area that isn't FDA approved. I hope and pray that all of us girls go back to normal really soon!
How are you doing? Better I hope!!
HI, I am so sorry to hear about your Dysport disaster as I am going through it myself. It has been five months for me and my face is still really messed up. I now know it is going to leave permanent damage even though all the doctors told me it wouldn't. They just don't want people to know that Botox and Dysport can cause permanent damage because they make too much money off the stuff. I am actually going for a consultation with a plastic surgeon today to see if my face can be fixed. I am hoping she can get my face back to the way it was before the Dysport. If you read some of the reviews on this site, you will see there are tons of women having the same bad side effects from Dysport and Botox. It is a shame that they can get away with ruining people's faces. This whole experience has ruined my life, I barely go out the door because I look so bad. I really hope you have a full recovery, I know I won't.