Vaginoplasty and Labiaplasty - Los Angeles, CA

I had 3 children and found that my vaginal area...

I had 3 children and found that my vaginal area was so relaxed that I was unable to feel my partner as he entered me and if that wasn't bad enough one day he admitted that he couldn't feel normal friction when we had sexual relations. At that time, heart dropped along with my self esteem. Yes I could climax in other ways but since intercourse is an important bonding experience I was hopeful that he could be pleased in that way even if for some reason I had lost that sensation.

I checked out many doctors via the internet and was overwhelmed and confused with the choices. After much research, I decided to have a facetime consult with Dr Alexander Simopoulos. I was very surprised how easy it went. He was able to take my history, answer all of my questions and it was a very comforting consult. I booked the surgery but needed to have some medical tests and labs beforehand to make sure I was healthy and able to handle the surgery. I had a preop exam the day before the surgery to determine needs and expectations. Dr Simopoulos was fantastic both before the surgery explaining the procedure and addressing my concerns and after. He connects with his patients well and you can tell he is really concerned with not only the outcome but your comfort and happiness.

I had my surgery Dec 5 and recovering at The Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel. I am due to have my catheter removed and head home tomorrow to Baltimore MD. Traveling the 7-8 hours to have the operation was well worth it for me. This is a serious operation and selecting a doctor with experience is so important.

Recovery

Day 1- Pretty uncomfortable but I stayed at The Beverly Hills Surgical Aftercare and they were fantastic. They went beyond what was expected.

Day 2- I moved to Beverly Hills Plaza for the remainder of my stay. I asked for a room with no stairs to climb and they accommodated my needs. The room also had a refrigerator which is important because the incision needs to be iced. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

update

Day 7- I have had some severe itching and a little irritation from a yeast infection I developed. I was prescribed fluconazole. My pain is minimal, just a slight irritation, so I don't need the pain medication.
Dr Simopoulos

Great doctor who listens and really cares about the patient and outcome

I had my catheter removed this morning and was able to return to Baltimore that same afternoon. It was a long flight with a connection in Philadelphia but I handled it surprisingly well. I was able to take pain medication to ease the discomfort and that's what I would label it, discomfort not pain. Through my research I read as much as possible about the recovery but I have to say it has been surprisingly easy. The first day was pretty uncomfortable but after the packing was removed (24 hours after the surgery)I felt much better and the pain level dropped from a level 4 to a level 2.
What procedure did you get done?
Dr Simopoulos performed labia minora repair, Perineoplasty repair and extension which also reduces the labia majora and vaginal tightening. The vaginal tightening, as I understand it, also helps to strengthen areas of the vagina that are damaged from child birth, pressure from the colon and bladder.
Hi- Since it's been two months since your procedure, I'm curious about how you're doing. My problems are very similar to yours and I'm scheduled to have both labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation next month. While I'm nervous, I'm also looking forward to the final result.
Hi lemonlime, can you give is an update on your procedure. Is everything still tight?
Sorry about the delayed response. Visually I do look better. The vaginal tightening was not a dramatic difference I hate to say. I'm not sure why. I can tell a little difference but not a significant amount of tightening. The only thing I can think of is that after the procedure he noted that he did see an incision in my vaginal wall and maybe he thought I had the procedure previously and was conservative during his procedure. I told him the scar was probably from a bladder tack I had back in 1990. I really wish he had tightened me more. I was really cautious and didn't resume sexual activity for 12 weeks so I know I did not compromise the procedure by my actions.
I did like my doctor a lot. I think if I had to do it over again I would stress tightening. I didn't because he said getting the area too tight is not usually an issue. You can't get it too tight if you know what you are doing.
lemonlime, thank you so much.
Hi lemonlime, I just want to get the tightening procedure done do you think i should use Dr. Simopoulos or Dr. Matlock?