I have wanted a TT for YEARS. Have had this flesh...

I have wanted a TT for YEARS. Have had this flesh apron since my second son was born, and he will be 39 in July. Went to the PS last November to talk to him about a TT and face lift, decided to have the face lift first because my grandson is getting married May 25th. I had the face lift on April 13th and am very happy with the results. (see my Face lift review). I have now told the surgery scheduler to put me oe calendar for September, can't wait, I know it will go by fast. I am feeling so good about myself since the facelift, TT will only make it better. Having the same PS, Dr Dong Joon Lee at Kaiser West LA hospital in Los Angeles do the surgery. It is a long drive from our home, but hubby likes results too and we both have confidence in him. When I get brave enough I will post some pics. Right now I am 5'2" and weigh about 155lbs, have started an exercise program to lose weight and tighten my abs, Dr Lee said the better shape the abs are in at the time of surgery, the better the results.

exercise working

I measured myself a couple of weeks ago before I started making the dress for my gr sons wedding. I was waist 36", abd 46", hip 43", measured again this ab and now waist is 34.5", abd 43", hip 41 1/2." Tightening those muscles up and feeling stronger after each workout.

I wish my surg was sooner

I am soooo looking forward to my surgery Speteer seems so far away at times. I know I will feel so much better about my body. I feel so much more confident after my face lift, this will be the icing on the cake, so to speak. Don't care if my tummy is totally flat, just that I get rid of my apron.

It is getting closer.

I was talking to my hubby today about taking some before pics. I don't want anyting that shows too much skin.I will ask him to take pics tonight. I am posting pic of me in the dress I wore to grandsons wedding, if you look close, you can see my bumpy belly.
Told him that after surgery, he will see a body no one has laid eyes on in 39 years, LOL.

Ok, getting brave

Here are some pics my hubby took today, I look even worse then I thought I did. Hate the way I look now. Thes pics also make it look like I don't have any boobs, but I think it is the bra I was wearing, no support. LOL

Still waiting on "the call"

I'm getting anxious waiting for the call with the exact date of my TT surg. I decided toit until the 15th and if I haven't heard from her I would call. But decided to leave her a message tonight and ask her to call me tomorrow with an update. Will post whn I get my date.

Got my surg date

Got the call today, surgery date is Aug 31. I am so anxious and nervous now. Would be on this site 24/7 from now on if I could be LOL

Pre op

My pre op appt is scheuduled for Aug 8th, that is only 3 weeks away!!! My surg is scheduled for 3 ws after that!!! Of course having some second thoughts, but I am sure I will go through with it. Only have told 2 of my co workers, one is a real cheerleader for me (she had a breast reconstruction using her abd fat and muscles) The other one I know will not discuss my personal business with anyone.

pre op appt 2 weeks from today,

My pre op appt is 2 weeks from today. Surg is 5 weeks from Saturday. Still don't know if my boss will let me have it off, but have plans "B" and "C" if I need to go that far.

Feeling more Positive

My union rep emailed my boss and told her per contract language, I had fufilled my requirement to get a replacement and that a per diem is allowed to cover for me, He told her to let me have it off. Will be meeting with her next week, so will see what she says then. I still have to find someone to trade with sI can get the day of my preop off.

Just 4 weeks away now

I am only 4 weeks away from my surg, go for my pre op a week from thursday. Excited but nervous. Taking some extra time off so I will be prepared.

My pre op appt is tomorrow.

Well tomorrow is my pre op appt, will get all the bld work, ekg, and any other tests that may be needed done.
And the most painful part, will have to write the check for the procedure LOL

Pre Op

I went for my pre op today. Worst part was when I wrote the check. LOL. He is a perfectionist and when I asked about the remnants of my turkey neck, He decided he needed to do a little more work on my neck and jowl area. The best part is that he will not be charging for that at all. Got my prescriptions filled, don't need blood work since I hust had it done about a week ago. No need for ekg since I had one of those in April. Got most all of my supplies. I think I am as ready as I will ever be. ;:-)

Obsessing

I am obsessing about my surg, can't seem to think about anything else. Dr said he will be doing lipo from just under my bustline and around to my sides. Said if I wanted lipoon my back it would be extra charges. but he did not think I would need it after he gets everthing "rearranged". He is going to elevate my mons area and a little lipo there too. A "side effect" will be that I will get a little lift and smoothing of my tush and thighs, not much but a little which is ok with me.

3 weeks

Only 3 weeks from tomorrow ;-)

10 Days till TT day

Only 10 days left before my TT. anxious, nervous, excited.
Going to post a couple more before pics of my view when sitting down

Only 4 days

Just 4 days until my TT, Trying to keep busy. Got my house decluttered. Housekeeper comes tomorrow. I think I have all my supplies lined up.
Can't wait to be on the flat side

Not long now

Only about 35 hours until "T" time. Getting a little freaked out now. My "what if's" are kicking in, what if I don't look any different, what if I don't get the results I hope for, what if, what if, what if. I have confidence in my Dr, but i know there is only so much he can do. And I have been eating everything in sight lately, I know I have gained weight and can't help thinking this will adversly affect my results.

Photo shop pic

Here is a pic I did a little photo shop magic to. Hoping I get at least this good of results.

Hi

I am now 2 days post op. Doing better today, pain is more tolerable. Had a lot of nausea after surgery, figured out it was from the pain pump he put in. I keep it clamped now unless the pain gets really bad, then just open it for a little while until the pain subsides. Taking my Norco, and seems to be ok at controlling the pain. I get up several times a day to the bathroom and back. I went to bed at 8 last night and didn't get up until 730 this morning and that was mainly because my drain came open and messed up the sheets. Hubby put them in the wash this morning. Still getting quite a bit of drainage, but only day 2 so need to give it more time. I will post pics in a few days, go in for my post op appt on wednsday.

feeling better

I am feeling quite a bit better today. Have been out of bed since about 7am and it's almost 1pm now. Took a sponge bath this morning and looked under my binder. My scar is real low, looks good. Took a couple of duclox this morning to try to get things "moving". Only had to take one norco so far today for pain. Not much else new, less drainage each day. around 25-30 cc each time hubby empties it. Will have hubby take some pics tomorrow before my shower and post them.

A few pics

Ok here are a few after pics in my CG. Hope they are not too dark. Still bent over and have some swelling. Today is PO day 5

Pics

Going to post some pics of my results so far. Still have a lot of swelling of course, but I would be happy with even if it didn't get any better then it is right now.

Healing well

BB post op day 9 taken rright after my shower. So much better compared to day 7 pic. Stitches all pretty much dissolved, less redness Belly with less swelling too but didn't take pic. I was able to shower to zip up my compression garment without help today. Getting better every day now

Tubes out!!!

Went for my second follow up appt today and he took both of my tubes out. Such relief, they were really starting to hurt and itch. Will try to post more pics afterr my shower in the morning.

PO day 12 pics

Posting the pics I took this morning, Looking pretty good I think

Two weeks post op

Here are the newest pics at two weeks post op. I will be more then happy if the rest of my scar heals as well as the left side has already. Still have swellling and the bulge on the left side, but for two weeks I think it all looks good

three weeks post op

Here are my updated 3 week pics. Healing well, areas of my scar are nearly invisable.

4 weeks post op

here are my latest pics, at 4 weeks post op. Scar on left side fading very nicely. I'm not bruised, just shadows make it look that way.

shopping

I went shopping today, had to, my pants were falling off me LOL.
Prior to surgery I was a size 12-14, today I bought size 8 pants!!!! Wow that is at just short of 5 weeks post op.

Six week update

I will be 6 weeks on Saturday so I thought i would post a few pics.I really can't see much difference from my 4 week pics.

swelling better

My swelling is better today, my tummy is flatter so I feel like I have made some progress. Will try to get some pics later and post them.

8 weeks tomorrow

I didn't post pics at 7 weeks because I thought there wasnt much change. But will go ahead and post some from 8 weeks

3 month update

Here are my latest pics taken at 12 weeks post op.

16 week update

Updated pics at 16 weeks.

roll of fat on left side

I have an appt on March 14th to talk to my PS about the roll of fat on my left side, the dog ear on the right side and my off center belly button. Dont know what it will take to get it all fixed. I am most concerned about the roll. I can live with the off center BB. I know the dog ear is an easy fix though.

scar revision

Went to my PS today to see what he can do about the roll on the left ride and the dog ear on the right, also asked about the belly button off center. he said he could make it larger and "move it" a bit if it bothered me that much. But it really doesn't, so decided tol leave it alone.
Anyway, I have an appt on April 10th for the scar revision on my sides, as in office procedures. He said he could do more on the left if I wanted, but would mean going back to the or and additional hospital charges (he would not charge any fees, but the hospital would) . I decided for the inoffice procedure. I do not want to be put under anesthesia again for anything.

7 months post op pics

I was 7 months post op on March 21, missed taking 6 month pics. I am having a revision for the roll on the left side and the dog ear on the rt side on april 10th

Revision tomorrow

I go in for my office procedure revision. Will update pics when I get the chance

looks better even covered with bandages

Had my revision today. I think it looks better, even with the bandages on. Have to leave them on for 48 hrs then can take a shower and redress them.
He put a lot of lidocaine in but I still felt "jabs and burning" with some of the cutting and suturing. He was good and stopped immediately and added more lidocaine.
He was singing along with a Eagles CD during the procedure. I said boy I get a revision and a concert at the same time, he replied yes, but the concert is a bonus, it isn't covered by your co pay. LOL. He also took out quite a bit more tissue then I had expected, about a 3x5 inch section on the left, and 2x3 on the right. I felt the skin being pulled tighter too. So I am looking forward to taking the bandages off. He said I don't have to wear my compression garment, but it will help with the swelling so I will probably go ahead and wear it for at least the first week or two.
Tried to post pics but having trouble with my photo program finding the ones I just took.

pics, hopefully

trying to post pics again today will see if it works

One month post revision

Here are some pics one month post op. Still have some swelling on the left but I am very pleased with the results so far

One year ago yesterday

It's been one year since my TT. My weight fluctuates between 155-160. I was 167 before surgery. Having a lot of stress right now so wieght is around 158. Doing well otherwise. My scar is fading nicely. The scars on my sides are only 4 months post revision, looking pretty good at this point.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Love Dr Lee, he is a perfectionist and takes his time to explain everthing until all of your questions and concerns are addressed. I never feel rushed or dismissed. He is honest about what he can and cannot do. I highly recommend him to anyone who wants one of the best around.