19 Years Old and Regretting a Brand New Tattoo - Los Angeles, CA

Less than a week ago I got a new tattoo. It is my...

Less than a week ago I got a new tattoo. It is my second, and I love the first. I felt regret almost immediately. I had thought long and hard about it but for some reason, it just doesn't feel right.
I got the silhouettes of three small Swallow birds on the back of my left shoulder (the fattier part.) The largest being a little larger than a quarter and the other two smaller and they are less than an inch apart). They are beautiful, and have true meaning, but are a little bigger than I expected and not for me. I know I must give the tattoo time to heal before going through with removal but I'm starting to do research now.
I'm highly interested in Picosure but I am concerned that the tattoo will not entirely go away since it is a new dense black ink tattoo. I also want this tattoo gone ASAp and I know laser removal takes time.
I'm considering surgical removal as well since it is small and that will ensure 100% removal immediately. I know there will be scarring- but I'd much rather have a scar then this tattoo.
I would love advice, opinions and personal stories. This has been the worst few days of my life and the regret is indescribable. Also, estimate prices would be great. I know a consultation is best and I am without a doubt scheduling one tomorrow but I'd love to hear from others.

Here is the tattoo

It is so beautiful!! I just can't seem to stomach the fact that it is there :( I wish I had at least followed my gut and put it on my side where I could hide it better but I was talked out of that so easily by the artist. This truly sucks. I have a consultation on Friday the 21st with a doctor who has picosure.

IRC removal?

Can anyone give me more information on the IRC tattoo removal method? Do many doctors perform this method?? There is very little about it online but those who have tried it say it works wonders and it is inexpensive and super fast! I know it can only be used on tiny tattoos (as is mine) and it will scar far worse then laser removal.. but I'll take a scar over this tattoo any day! Thanks!

How to Heal Quicker and Better After Laser Treatment?

Well I have my consultation for the Picosure laser a week from tomorrow and I'm stoked! I have a fresh dense black tattoo and I will of course be waiting to start treatments until it is healed. It's on the back of my left shoulder and it's quite small. With Picosure, how long do you all recommend I wait in between treatments?
I would also love for you all to share experiences with removal and your healing techniques. i.e working out, juices, vitamins etc.

had my consultation today..

I had my consultation today and actually sat right next to the Picosure "machine." My tattoo is too new to begin treatments so I will have to wait until late May when I return home again from school. They said 6 treatments will take care of my tattoo but since it is so deep I highly doubt 6 will do the job. It is expensive and they are charging me $300 for my tiny tattoo but they said they'd go ahead and zap my appendectomy scars on my stomach while they're at it with no extra charge. They will also numb it and give me laughing gas to take the edge off. I am a little concerned because they said that my fair skin makes me a good candidate however I tan easily so I am a little hesitant to begin treatment right at the start of summer. And because I am adopted, they don't know my nationality and how my skin type will react to the laser. The first treatment will be a test run and they plan to keep the settings low.

scarring..?

So it's been about a month since I got my tattoo and AMAZINGLY it is fully healed and extremely light in color! For some reason my skin rejected A LOT of the ink. I scabbed a lot more than my first tattoo and it seems that my skin rejected most of the black. This is odd because I took good care of it and followed all of the normal healing process rules. The outlines are pretty dark but the insides of the birds show my skin! However, I am a little concerned because in some parts I can see my skin is red/pink. Does this mean I have scarred? Will this make removal harder?! Does anyone has any advice/information? Thanks! I will try and post an up close pic tomorrow!

Photo (healed)

This is the final healed photo. The redness in the center of the largest bird is hard to see in the photo and has actually subsided. Anyway, there is some small dense lining but other than that my skin rejected most of the ink. The entire birds should be dense black like the outline but it didn't seem to take. Thank goodness!!

Sorry for the lack of updates...

Hi everyone... sorry I haven't updated. I was supposed to begin treatment about a month ago but my doctor and I decided to hold off because I didn't want to deal with shielding the tattoo from the sun! I want to enjoy my summer! Anyway... I don't know when I will begin treatment right now. The plan was to push it to Fall but it's becoming more and more bearable so I'm just going to begin treatment when I am ready!

New tattoo

Long overdue but... I've now considered getting the tattoo fixed up. I found some great artists and even got a new tattoo! I'll post a pic of it! The artists at the Shamrock told me the birds were still too fresh and lifted for them to go in and fix them up so I have to wait a couple to a few months which is great because I need more time to think and I'm still considering removal. Regardless, I got a new tattoo.. my first since the birds and I love it! I recommend that those of you still in a funk over old ink work on some new ink that you love! It made me feel a whole lot better!