Rhino with Dr. Grigoryants - Los Angeles, CA
- updated 6 months ago
I am very nervous...my procedure is in 2 days. I...
- 4 Jun 2013
- 1 day pre
WISH ME LUCK! I picked Dr. Grigoryants and I think I made a great choice.
One Week Post Op Review and what you NEED to KNOW before you GO
- 14 Jun 2013
- 8 days post
Well it's been one week since my Rhinoplasty and upper eyelid surgery with Dr. Grigoryants and the whole experience was great. I took the bandages off yesterday and my nose - while a little swollen and the tip sticks up a little (that happens to everyone) I think its going to turn out pretty awesome.
I am so glad I went with Dr. Grigoryants, I think he's the best and I felt in good hands.
Most important want to go over my list of what you need before you do it:
1) MOST IMPORTANT - do not have anyone waiting for you at the hospital, I know that sounds crazy but if someone is there, the hospital, not your nice Doctor, but the nurses that run the place, will toss you out an hour after post op - they want to clear the room. Now me being 45 years old, wasn't ready to go anywhere in one hour - if you're 25, that might be different. I took a cab there at 6:00am and told my roommate not to show up until 1:30/2:00pm.
I told the nurse she claimed "oh you will be done at 10:30 and we need to clear the room". I just gave her a blank stare and thought "Honey, that's not my problem, this is a hospital with plenty of beds, so you figure that out!" They started called my roommate at 11:00am and I texted for him to just not answer the phone. And BOY was I correct in waiting... with nose and eyelids done, I needed the 4 hours of nurse's care. I paid $8,500 in total so I was not in a rush to anywhere and of course, there was plenty of room, no problem. Oh if you move too fast, you end up throwing up - I didn't throw up because I waited for 4 hours until the stuff was out of my system.
Here's my list:
2) Coconut water - it has electrolytes and it was refreshing.
3) Biotene Mouthwash and Mouth Spray you can get it at any drugstore and it really helps with breathing through your mouth for several nights.
5) If you are over 40 years old, get a lot of Vicodin. I went through 35 pills in one week (the prescription says every four hours and the first 3 days I was in massive pain after 3 hours. Younger women do not have this problem and recover well, at 45, I know I needed it.
6) Frozen peas. It ended up on my forehead, but it helped reduce swelling.
7) Chocolate laxative (15mg) Trust me on this. (the pills cause me problems, the chocolate pieces work better for me)
9) Don't plan on talking a lot or being on the phone, talking to much hurt my stitches next to my nose.
10) Again, if you're over 40 - plan on staying home for one week, rest and barely leave the house. I went to work on the 8th day and I miserable. Also note, I had eyelids done too, so that was 2x the pain etc.
Gotta run - I'll post before and after photos in a few days.
Before and After photos - Dr. Grigoryants rhino & eyelid done 6/6/2013
- 27 Jun 2013
- 21 days post
It's been 3 weeks since my rhino and eyelid surgery with Dr. Grigoryants and I am very happy! I had my nostrils narrowed, tip refined and upper eye lids done. Now it looks like my nose fits my face now, I love it.
BTW, I tried to walk last night and ended up with a sore nose last night and today. If you're over 40, take super easy. I will post more photos in two weeks because my nose is still swollen.
Dr. Grigoryants is the best doctor for Rhinoplasty hands down and I met with 4 other top surgeons in Beverly Hills before making my decision. Unlike every other doctor in L.A., he has over150 before and after photos and is PASSIONATE about rhinoplasty. He was recently on Housewives of Beverly Hills doing Kim Richard's nose, and is featured as an expert on TV all the time. I had my nose and eyelids done three weeks ago and the results are amazing (see my before and after photos) Rhinoplasty: $7,500 Eyelids: $1,000 Total: $8,500 http://www.vgplasticsurgery.com/