I've always been considered a pretty girl, however...

I've always been considered a pretty girl, however my nose bugs the crap out of me when I smile, and take photos. The columella hangs low, and the tip is slightly bulbous. My right nostril is also slightly higher than the left side, which makes me dislike my profile on my right side. I have read reviews on this website from other's stories, and looked at PS websites. The doctors I've read about more and like their work is Dr. Ghavami, and Dr. Elam. My fear is that I'll end up hating my nose, and not look like myself. I think that's everyone's fear though!

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time, however for a while I didn't think about it. I recently modeled for a friend, and that's when it hit me again. I HATE my nose from my right side, as well as the front! Then I started to think about engagement photos, wedding photos, and things like that. I want to stop being so hateful towards my appearance! I like the way I look in the mirror, however looking at my nose up close, and in photos, bothers me so much. It always has.

What I want is something very simple, at least to me it seems very simple. I just want a subtle change, and not a turned up, curved nose. Not more narrow. Just the tip refined, nostrils aligned.

I really want to look like myself, and from what I read Dr. Ghavami seems like a good choice, however I am eager and open to other suggestions. There are some bad reviews on him however they seem illegitimate.

My friend and her sister got rhinoplasty from Dr. Kanodia, who is supposed to be amazing, however something makes me like Dr. Ghavami more.

My boyfriend is very supportive of me, he said I should do what makes me happy. My parents and brother were saying I shouldn't touch my face, but the more I talk about it, the more they understand.

I uploaded some photos that I simulated myself on a fun iPhone app. I'm eager to have a consultation with the a doctor, to see what they say about my wants.

UPDATE: I've been reading more, and more and I...

UPDATE: I've been reading more, and more and I really like Dr. Grioryants. I decided to schedule a consultation with him! It's on March 26th. I'm very anxious to talk to him. I've been writing down questions and I've also saved some photos of noses that I like. I know that my nose will never be like anyone else's, nor do I want it to be, but I think its helpful to show a visual of something similar to your wants.

I scheduled a 2nd consultation with Dr. Ghavami!...

I scheduled a 2nd consultation with Dr. Ghavami! April 4th. I'm so anxious, but I'm definitely just trying to be patient as this is a long process. I don't want to rush. Has anyone that has had rhinoplasty already used CareCredit, or anything like that? I definitely want to save some money for this, but if I wait to save the entire thing it will take forever!! So any advice on that would be great.

Has anyone heard of Dr. Lawton Tang? He is located...

Has anyone heard of Dr. Lawton Tang? He is located in Pasadena, and also works out of Beverly Hills. He's not on Real Self, but has glowing reviews on other websites. He seems amazing at reconstructive surgeries, but I'm only able to find a few rhinoplasty photos, which look really good, except they are all on Asian noses, which I obviously don't have :) I'm going to call his office tomorrow to see if they have more before & after photos in their office, and possibly schedule a consultation. I was referred to him by a friend who just got her nose done by him. I haven't seen it yet, but my boyfriend has and he said it looks really good. Hmm. Just wondering if anyone has any information on him?

My third consultation is now scheduled with Dr....

My third consultation is now scheduled with Dr. Lawton Tang. I called his office, and he offers a free consultation and he has more before and after photos in his office.He is also local, and about 5 minutes away from my office. The consultation is on March 12th! Yay. So close. I'm excited to finally start to sit down with a doctor.

I just got back from my very first consultation. I...

I just got back from my very first consultation. I was so excited but I am so bummed!! The doctor was so nice, but I felt very rushed. His assistant kept coming in the office to remind him of his next appointment. I was only there for 30 minutes or so. But, I did get some good information regarding my issues with my nose. My nose is slightly deviated and I would need a septoplasty to correct it. My cartilage on the tip is also very uneven, and my columella is significantly low. I didn't see any before and after photos in his office either, he told me to schedule another consultation. I also showed him the photo that I morphed, and he said it wouldn't be a problem to do that, which is good. BUT then I showed him a photo of someone else's nose, to show him what I liked about her nose but I specifically told him, " I don't want HER nose exactly, cause thats HER nose." And he said," But do you want that nose? I can do that." That bothered me. I said, "Who know's if her nose would even look good on me??" I thought that was strange. I feel bad cause I was referred to him by a friend but I didn't schedule the second consultation. I'm just looking forward to my consultation with Dr. Grigoryants now. I hope I get to ask him the 15 questions that was posted here on Real Self, and that he gives me more time and morphs some images of me!!!

Hi everyone!! SOOOO I finally got to meet the...

Hi everyone!! SOOOO I finally got to meet the infamous Dr. Grigoryants tonight! I was so excited. I felt like I already knew him because of all the research I've been doing. He did not disappoint! He definitely is a workaholic as some have said but by no means in a bad way at all. He is good at what he does and he loves doing it. As soon as he came in, he started to touch my nose and tell me all of the things that were wrong with it (haha how nice huh?) And was telling me what he would do to it, which are the things I wanted! 1. Raise the columella. He agreed that it hangs too low, and he would raise it but not toooo much and he said it wouldn't be perfect, but it would look really good. 2. He would stitch the tip together a tiny bit because when he raises the columella, it will separate (because my cartilage is already separated there quite a bit). It will make it look more defined. 3. There is some cartilage that is in the "back" of my nose that he would take off too. He seemed so confident in what he was saying, it made me feel really comfortable. I felt comfortable the entire time actually. He made realistic points and told me that if I needed a revision it would be slight and in office. He said it's unlikely though but he would do it for free if that happened. Also, he said it would just be tip work and we're not touching the bridge of my nose at all. Woo! No breaking. My healing would be very fast and I probably wouldn't be in pain. He did notice that it was a little difficult for me to breath, so he said he would open it up a little bit and it would be better.

All in all, I was VERY happy with my consultation. I printed out the list of questions I had and he grabbed it from my hand haha and just answered all of them. Awesome. He was so confident!! My cost for the surgery would be $7,500. I don't mind. I really think I'm going to schedule the surgery tomorrow. I can always cancel but I really do think I am going to go with him. I may also make a consultation with Dr. David Kim on Bedford in Bev Hills. I like his work too. Oh, and I cancelled my consult with Ghavami...not sure why exactly but I just felt like I didn't want to see him.

Scheduled the surgery!! :)

Scheduled the surgery!! :)

Starting to compile a list of products to have on...

Starting to compile a list of products to have on hand and how to prepare. This is mostly so I can have this on hand, but I want to share in hopes that this helps someone else too :)

1. Probiotics
- I'm a health nut so I really don't think yogurt does any good when it comes to live cultures. I work with a nutritionist and she recommends Dr. Ohirra's probiotics, you can get them on vitacost.com, also pb8 is okay too! Not as good but definitely less expensive.

2. Face Wipes
I like the Yes To Carrots cucumber face wipes :)

3. Vaseline
Regular vaseline has petroleum in it, yuck, I think that the Alba "un-petroleum" jelly is amazing. You can get it at target in the baby section! It seriously is the best.

4. Bendy Straws

5. Lots of water near by!

6. Make some green fruit smoothies ahead of time and store them in mason jars! Super healthy and filling! You can add rolled oats to the smoothies to make them more filling as well.

7. Have a time chart near by with a pen, so you can remember when you took your medication. Pill box too maybe?

8. Clean and wash your bedding the day before and have your bed ready for you when you come home.

9. U shaped travel pillow

10. DVD's & laptop/TV near by :)

11. Natural/organic cough drops for dry mouth

12. Humidifier - I found one at wal-mart with a fragrance diffuser, I wonder if you could put essential oil into it? That would be nice and relaxing!

What else?!?!

Hi! So, I just put my request in for 1 week off of...

Hi! So, I just put my request in for 1 week off of work for my procedure. HR says I need to have a medical documentation so I can put it in as sick time. I don't know what to do because I don't want them to know what procedure I'm having done. How do I accomplish this while still maintaining a level of privacy?? Any advice will be super helpful!

I feel like my surgery is sooo far away!! Which it...

I feel like my surgery is sooo far away!! Which it kinda is, but I know it's going to come up soo fast. I have days where I have a lot of doubts, like should I really be doing this? Is it worth it? All those things, ya know? So scary!! Obviously it helps to read all the updates that everyone is so graciously posting! It's so comforting. I really feel like I chose the right doctor even though he was only my second consultation. So I'm happy about that :) I also sometimes feel like I'm selfish for wanting to do this, as well as spending the money. I'm usually a very selfless person so it feels weird doing this....!

Getting closer! -

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about how to convey exactly what I want to my doctor. I want to be better prepared this time when I speak with him on the 15th! I chose 4 photos of celebs who have noses that I feel are in line with what my outcome could be. I want to make it clear that I do not want any of their noses specifically. I'm using their photos as a visual reference. What do you guys think? Do you think that these photos seem like a good visual aid to show Dr. G.? My friend already looked at them and said that she felt they all have similar noses to what I'm looking for and it seems possible with what I have right now.

Preparing!

So, I was thinking about everything I need to get before July 8th comes around. One thing in particular that I thought about was making myself some smoothies to drink during the recovery period. I am not really keen on taking too many medications! Also, for the swelling period, I researched some yummy "anti-inflammatory" smoothie recipes. I thought this one sounded perfect so I thought I would share it here :)

Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic cherries (anthocyanins in cherries help relieve pain more effectively than aspirin)
- 2 ripe bananas (energy and help digestion)
- 1 cup organic greens of your choice (very alkaline)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder (potent antioxidant, liver detoxifier, and anti-inflammatory)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (rich in antioxidants, helps to combat inflammation and free radicals)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (potassium rich, helps stimulate digestion and bile flow)
- 1 tbsp. pre-soaked chia seeds (full of omega-3 fatty acids to help protect the body from damaging effects of chronic inflammation)
- 1 cup young thai coconut water (full of potassium and magnesium, help protect the body from degenerative diseases)

- Blend all the ingredients together in a high powered blender and enjoy :)

I plan on making this or something similar. During the recovery period it's important to give your body these nutrients rather than drinking gatorade and eating saltines. Something to think about, hope it helps!

Pre-op

So today I had my pre-op! I was so nervous before I saw the doctor! Almost like if I was having the surgery today haha. Once I saw him my nerves went away. I didn't end up showing him any photos. I felt like he knew what needs to be done with my nose and he's going to make it look good. I asked him if he can picture what it's going to look like and he said not until he starts working on it and sees what's going on inside my nose. Makes sense! And that's why he doesn't do computer imaging. I was looking at some results in person like the two secretaries and another patient and they all looked so so good. I'm more excited now!! I also paid today in full, which makes this all real now. Just a few more weeks!

Frustrated!

So this is partially my fault...but I realized that Dr. G. is doing a turbinate reduction on my left nostril, and insurance could cover that portion of the surgery. I should have realized this during my consultation because now Dr G's office says it's too late to submit a claim and it takes over a month to get this settled. I really wish they would have suggested that I file a claim or THEY could have filed a claim with my insurance. The lady told me that after the surgery they would give me a itemized list of all the procedures he did on me and I can send that to my insurance and see what happens. Very annoying... I could have saved some money!

The countdown is on!

I started to feel super nervous yesterday about everything! But everyone on here has been so awesome reassuring me and helping me through this! I'm so thankful for this website. I also went to my regular doctor today just for peace of mind to make sure I'm healthy for the surgery, and she actually had her nose done! 27 years ago. She has known me since I was a baby, and has known my parents since before I was even born so I really trust her. She was so excited for me and said I was perfectly fine and had nothing to worry about. It helped so much talking to her, I'm really glad that I went! I'm still nervous but more excited about everything. I can't wait to update after July 8th!

Tomorrow.

You guysss. I can't believe this is actually happening! I'm about to take a shower and get to sleep. I am nervous about the unknown....I have to admit. Even things like what the inside of the hospital looks like, how I'm going to feel, and so on. My mom is taking me to the hospital in the morning and my boyfriend is meeting us there around 7:45. I feel like having them both there will definitely help keep me calm. :) Alrighty, well I will update tomorrow or as soon as possible! Thank you to everyone for all of your sweet comments and good vibes, I appreciate it more than you know. Say a little prayer for me if you pray! xoxo

Done!!!

I'm on my way home! I feel fantastic no pain no swelling! Tmw may be different but right now everything is a-ok. My mom got a peek when the nurse changed my gauze and said it already looked good! Yay! I go see him on Saturday :) ill update more on my experience in this hospital when I get home. Thanks everyone for your well wishes!!

Day 1 - surgery

Hi again! So I'm bored now in bed haha and wanted to share what my day was like to give some insight to other people who haven't gone through this yet.

I was supposed to get to the hospital at 8am and got there about 35 minutes early. I waited for my boyfriend to meet us and then we went to admitting and then to the surgery room. I took off my glasses and I am so blind I immediately put them back on because it made me way more nervous! I felt like everything was happening so fast. I gave the lady at the desk my paperwork and the nurse came right over and put on my bracelets. I had to take some deep breaths and calm myself down!

My mom and bf went to the waiting room and I went into the recovery room and they took my blood pressure and all that. Changed and got in the bed. She tried to give me the IV starter but it hurt so bad I was almost in tears so she stopped. My mom and bf joined me and the nurses said it will be 30 min and ill be taken to another room to meet with Dr. G and the anesthesiologist. Omg it ended up waiting like 2 hours!! I was so happy my bf came cause he was making my mom and I die laughing. It was great but hes always funny :) It really made me not as nervous.

Finally I was wheeled into the other room and I was sad leaving my entourage lol. Gave them both a hug and kiss. I talked to the doctor and I felt calm. We went over everything together. I loved my nurse in there and the anesthesiologist, they were great and when she started my IV this time it didn't hurt at all!! Then she gave me a "cocktail" to calm me down and I felt great. I wasn't scared anymore and I kept telling the nurse I liked her nose lol. After another 30 min they wheeled me into the operating room and I wasn't terrified like I thought I would be. Thank goodness for drugs :) before I knew it I was out and in the recovery room!!! I woke up feeling super dizzy though but not nauseous. I was clicking my teeth together non stop though and they thought I was cold but it was just from the anesthesia. She gave me something else and I immediately felt amazing.

Finally I got to see my mama (bf had to go to work) and I felt great. I had some pressure and a little headache so I did end up taking Vicodin which again helped a lot. I brought my neck pillow in the car with me and that was great on the way home :) I got into bed and was starving I ate some of a banana and some toast. I kept closing my eyes and dreaming super weird things even when I wasn't asleep. Now I'm awake and bored!!! Sorry that was so long but hope it helped someone. I was super scared so my advice is to just focus on why you are doing this and talk to the nurses a lot, if they're funny and nice it will help a lot :) I'm so happy I'm done with the surgery!! Good luck to any up coming surgery patients! Xo

Post - Op Day 1

I think this is technically day 1. Whatever.. Haha. I'm up super early this morning (4:30am) and feel rested except for my eyes feeling a bit tired. They look a tiny bit bruised to me but I can't tell. My nose also feels dried up but not sure either and I don't want to touch the gauze right now. My mom is a champ and has been changing it for me so I kinda wanna wait until she wakes up. I'm a baby! I was able to go to the bathroom by myself, yesterday I felt to dizzy to do that. I'm feeling really good so I have to remind myself not to over do it.

I also woke up with a super duper dry mouth. My mom ran out last night to go get me Biotene spray which is to help prevent dry mouth. I also slathered on my Alba jelly on my lips and that helped a lot until I decided to sleep with the fan on! I was so hot and i dont like not sleeping with the covers haha.

I do have a tiny bit of a dull headache but before I take anymore pain meds (because it is tolerable) I'm going to make the smoothie recipe that I posted earlier on my profile .. Hopefully that helps because of the cherries! I will post later today if anything changes :) happy healing!

Day 1

Day 2

Hi guys! So yesterday was not that great of a day. After I updated in the morning I stayed in bed until around 3pm. My boyfriend came over to keep me company and take care of me while my mom went to work. He kept making me laugh and I had to hold my cheeks so it wouldn't hurt! I didn't get much rest with him here. I got out of bed and we were watching tv and making food...well he was making it, I was sitting there watching ha. My cousin also came over to see me and then they were both being ridiculous and making me laugh again. I think it was too much! It didn't seem like I over did it but I really needed to be resting. After they left I felt really weird. Just super uncomfortable. I had so much pressure in my head, nose (obviously) and also my ears, which I still do. I laid down and started to fall asleep but then quickly woke up when my dad threw the house phone on my bed cause my mom was on the phone. He didn't know I was sleeping and it startled me so much I started crying for like 5 minutes and I couldn't stop...which was weird. He felt so bad...poor guy. I even kept saying I don't know why I'm crying! I took some tylenol, and my antibiotic, and I was able to get to sleep. I slept from 10 am to 6 am and I feel well rested.

My nose is still draining which is so annoying! I hope it stops by tomorrow at the latest.

I am starting to get really scared about seeing my nose. I hope I don't hate it or freak out and cry. It looks like the tip goes to one side but I'm like "HELLLOO the cast is on, bandaids are on, you don't really know." Lol.

Also, my neck is really hurting from sleeping up right. My neck pillow was awesome at first and now I hate it haha. I have big pillows that I'm sleeping on instead which seem to make it less painful when I wake up.

Some things I've been eating:

Avocados
Eggs
Smoothies
Toast

Things I can't live without right now:

Alba non-petroleum jelly

Biotene mouth spray

Lots of water

Day 3

Is it only 3 days post op?! Ugh...lol. Feels like forever!! Today I woke up feeling okay. Last night I felt so strange after taking my anti-biotics. I'm not a medication person..never even take tylenol so all these drugs are really messing with me! Can't wait until it's over.

I took my gauze off today, YAY! My nose is still dripping (clear) a little bit but it feels so much more comfortable without the gauze on on.

I'm a little more comfortable today and almost feel like going out and getting a pedicure! But I probably wont haha. I'm getting nervous about seeing my nose still. I kept thinking the worst things like night which did NOT help at all. But if anything I know my nose will not be deformed lol, I trust Dr. G! I will just look a little different, and I may have to get used to it..although I hope that happens fast! I hope I still look like little old me..just better :)

Nothing else really to update about yet.

Saturday morning at 8:30am is my appt. to take the splints out and all that. :) I can't wait!!

Day 3 photo

Day 4

TGIF!!! I've never been so excited for a Friday. I know I already said this, but I cannot WAITTTT to get these splints out!! One more sleep with it!

Yesterday I felt loads better and I actually made some super easy macaroon cookies and some sweet potato fries..Random!! I couldn't even taste them sadly :( I also took a short luke warm bath without washing my hair. Shaved my legs...what a relief that was. Especially since my bf was coming over again it motivated me to get clean! ;) He left around 9 and I was so tired by that point. I had a hard time sleeping last night :( which sucked but I at least slept for around 4 hours at a time.

All the pain from the stuffiness has subsided which is a good thing. Of course I still feel stuffy because of the splints but no pressure anymore. The only thing that is painful is the tie beneath my columella that is holding the splints at the bottom of my nasal passage so they don't get lost up my nose :P It just feels a little sore, as do the splints. I can't wait to stop taking the anti-biotic as well. It puts me in a little bit of a funk. Other than that...everything seems to be ok!! :)

Big reveal ;)

AHH.... This was so scary for me. I was sooo nervous this morning to see my nose! I think most people react this way, but I was a little scared when I saw the front of my nose. At first it looked so different then the old me! Butttt...obviously it's swollen. It hasn't even been 1 week since my surgery! Now that I've been home and I've been looking at myself longer, the more I'm getting used to it.

When he took out the splints and everything it didn't hurt one bit. The thing that hurt was when he was pressing on the most swollen parts of my nose. It felt really weird too. Like numb but not at the same time.

It really is weird seeing yourself look different however I still look like myself! Like everyone else, I can't wait until the tip swelling goes down!! :)

In the pictures the tape is making my nostrils look a little triangular, but they aren't.

Getting rhinoplasty is definitely a process

Before I got my surgery I read tons of people saying how they got depressed and sad and wondering if they did the right thing. I thought that I had done all my reasearch and had the right frame of mind however last night I broke down unexpectedly. I was looking at old photos of me and missing my old nose that I wanted gone for so long. I thought I made a huge mistake!! Such a whirlwind of emotions. I was so overwhelmed. When I took my tape off to wash my face last night that's when it really hit me! Finally my boyfriend and my mom talked some sense into me and I changed my mind set, which definitely wasn't easy. One thing is that is can't get worse than it is, so It only can get better!

Sorry for the little rant, but I know a lot of us go through this!!

Ps, what do you guys think of me wearing my tape to work? I really feel weird not wearing it... I like how my nose looks with it on!

Feeling better

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. Seriously. I have received so much positivity and support and it's getting me through this! I am so thankful and feel very blessed. I put on some makeup and took off the tape so you guys can see. I feel at least 3 times better, so that's a start. I tried to contour my nose but it didnt really work that well haha.

Back to work

So like most have said, no one at work notices a thing! I did keep one piece of tape on today, I just feel more comfortable with it on. The swelling has decreased a bit since the Saturday freak out sesh. Lol. I absolutely love my profile from both sides now and I feel much more confident! I'm getting more used to my front view, and I love smiling now. Before, I hated how much my nose hung down when I smiled, especially the front view. It's so much better now. So I'm gunna go ahead and say this was all worth it! I will update again when my swelling decreases or if anything weird happens. Thanks to everyone for your super duper sweet words, and helping me get through the tough day or so. It helped me tremendously! I can't thank you enough. xoxo

Before and afters!

Quick Update

I had a nose bleed today! ICK! I had garlic soup last night (as a healing method for me being sick) and I think that's what made me bleed! It only bled for a minute or less but it did scare me a little. Also, near the sutures I can see inside my nose, it was very irritated and inflamed but I've been taking Quercetin with bromelain & vitamin C...and also using saline and it seems to have gone down quite a bit although still a tiny bit irritated. It doesn't hurt it's just uncomfortable! Also my tip is still extremely swollen which makes me dislike my 3/4 angle cause it makes it look like it is hanging down...eehhh I'm not too upset about it cause I know it's the swelling. I think about the good things about my old nose and convince myself that Dr G wouldn't have made it worse :) Im still so early in recovery too! Otherwise, I'm still happy! :) I started to get a build up of blackheads (gross) on my nose from taping every night so tonight in the shower I used a manual face brush very very gently on my nose and it seemed to help a lot!

Another thing is that I went out on Saturday night to a friends wedding and someone took a few pictures of us dancing. I saw them posted on facebook and one of the pictures looked sooo weird! My nose didn't even look like it belonged on my face. I don't even want to post it to show you guys. Even my mom said it looked strange lol. It was at a weird angle, and even doctors on here have said that you may not want to take photos in social settings for the first couple weeks because your nose will look bigger/different in the photos. Interesting. It did make me freak out a little bit because it didn't even look like me! Oh well...I'm not going to judge anything right now because of swelling.

Pics from today

More pics

Swelling...

Is making me go up and down on my feelings about my nose! I'm trying to not think about it at all but it is hard. When I take pics from the side, I realize how much happier I am with my profile, which is awesome. The front looks pretty much the same to me...Which is a LITTLE annoying however if I'm being realistic, that's the way my nose was before, and there's not much Dr G could have done to make that part of it look completely different...and would I want that anyway? It may look weird not to have that feature on my face anymore, that's just a part of me! So I'm not upset over it at all...he raised my columella like we spoke about and it looks great! I almost like my nose more on the bottom when it swells because it makes the columella look shorter....haha. But again, my nose looks a little different every day....so I can't really judge it yet. Over all I'm still happy! Sometimes I look at it and I feel like it doesnt look ANY different but then when I take photos I see the difference again :)

My nose has been super tender the past few days and I have to be super careful...especially when kissing my bf...haha he has hurt me a few times so now he's afraid!! Anyways...not much else today :)

Happy :)

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been so busy lately. I am still very happy with my nose..More so than before. The left side is still very swollen, and it is more so than other days. My nose has been hit a few times, not super hard but enough to hurt! AH! It really is like a target. I feel like I look different in photos still...but I know it's the swelling! I'm doing a photo shoot this weekend and I am a little nervous because it does look more swollen in photos. I'll post a few random photos and then when I get a chance I'll take some better ones!

Photos

Update!

Hi All, I am sorry for not updating!! I've been moving, new job etc, not a minute to post anything! Everything has been going great. I went for a check up about a month ago now and Dr. G said I am still very swollen however it's shrinking nicely!! When I looked at my before pictures with him, you can really see the difference and see the swelling. It puts it into perspective. Before you could see my cartilage due to think skin at the tip of my nose, and now the caritlage/definition is just barellyyy starting to show up. It's only been over 2 months so I still have a long way to go. My nose isn't as sensitive at all, I've had a few bumps but it doesnt hurt, it just feels weird. When I went for my check up, Dr. G pressed my nose really hard and THAT hurt, but I was happy cause it meant it was still healing! I like the right angle of my face/nose much better right now, because the left angle is more swollen and not as refined yet, and it almost looks droopy to me. I'm anxious to see that part change. Crossing my fingers! Sometimes when I look at myself in the mirror I still dont really feel like I look like myself, which is weird, but its not really a bad thing, it's just adjusting. I haven't really taken any new pics lately but I will try to post some soon. It hasn't changed too much from the last photo updates. I hope all of you are doing well and are pleased with your results!! xx

Update!

Few new pics...Still swollen!! I'm happy so far, but will be even happier when the swelling goes down....9 more months ;)

one more picture

Sorry it's a weirddd pic....lol but it shows my nose closer at an angle.

New Photos

Hi! I haven't updated in a while now, but I have more recent pictures. The swelling has gone down a lot, obviously! But it is of course still very swollen in the tip area. I can tell when it's more swollen some days than others. Overall, I am very happy with my decision and I think it was worth it!!

Another photo

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Compared to other 6 month postop photos, ur nose looks soooo good!!
OMG! I love your nose! You're soooo pretty xo
hello, what happened with the insurance issue?
Thanks for your review! You helped me choose dr g. My surgery is April 30th! Can't wait to hear how you are. How are you liking your nose these days?
Wow, your nose looks amazing!! I've been indecisive for years and nervous to finally go through with it but I've gone ahead and scheduled my surgery for June 2014 with Dr. G! I have a feeling I'll be freaking out in the hospital the morning of too...eek! I requested 2 weeks from work, did you feel your full week off was ample time to be comfortable going back to work? I understand that full healing can take up to a year but has Dr. G given you any hopes at your 6 month point that your nose is healing well? Another fear of mine is that I wont feel enough was done to correct the aesthetics. Did you ask him about his revision policy? It's something I hadn't asked him as I feel he'll do a great job but I wish I knew JUST IN CASE I'd want it a bit more refined. Thank you & please keep updating! :] Laura
Hey girl! It has been a while since I have checked out your page. You nose looks so AMAZING!!! :) After meeting Dr. Grigoryants, I was sold! He made me feel so comfortable, and was just so knowledgeable and kind! My mom also thought he was great. My surgery date is February 25th. I will be staying in Pasadena for a few days, because I live in Santa Barbara. I am super excited, but also a little nervous/anxious. I had a few questions, and immediately thought of you and your post. I am hoping you could please answer them for me. I would really appreciate it! First off, besides all of the products you listed, are there any other products/foods etc. that you would recommend? Secondly, there is a website called “makemeheal.com”. They have a kit of vitamins for pre/post-op and also another medication called SINECCH (Arnica Montana) for reduce bruising and swelling. Obviously, I don’t want you to go research all of these pills lol, but I was wondering if you took anything like Arnia or Bromelain. I am asking because I am kind of a health nut, and super into whole foods. I am planning on getting some juices from Pressed Juicery since I will be in a hotel for the first two days. I wish I could go home right after surgery to be in my own bed :/ ughh Anyways.. I am sorry for this SUPER lengthy email, but Thank you for taking the time to read this!! :)
Hi! You are so sweet. Thank you so much for your compliments! How exciting for you!! It's coming up soon! I would say definitely get soft foods and the juice sounds like a great idea. I craved sweet potatoes and soft things because my nose felt "tight" in a way and I didn't want to move it around too much by chewing or biting! The arnica may be good, I didn't need it really but a lot of people say that it works for them! Especially if you're nose will be broken during surgery. I did take bromelain .. But to be honest I can't remember if it made any significant changes to my recovery. I would also look up turmeric capsules (organic) because it's known for it's anti inflammatory properties. I'm not sure if it's ok to take with anti biotics though! Also look into getting a probiotic. Your body will thank you after feeding it too many anti biotics! I hope this helps :) good luck with everything!
Thank you so much for your response and for your updates. They have really helped me a lot. I'm guessing I will be ordering sweet potatoes from room service! :) I am probably going to take the arnica and bromelain just in case, and I am definitely going to check out turmeric capsules. Also, I just ordered the Dr. Ohirra's probiotics online (they didn't have that brand at my local health food store). Thank you again for your help! I really appreciate it! :)
Your nose looks amazing! you look great. I want to thank you for providing a list of products necessary for this procedure. my procedure is the 14th and i'm planning to get all my products ready before i fly out.
Omg...you look beautiful- your nose looks amazing. I have a hanging/droopy collumella like you did...that was one of my main compliants. I am so relieved to see your result. That gives me encouragement for my surgery coming in May. Thank you for your in depth updates. They give me great insight.
Thank you so much! I'm happy that my reviews helped you. Good luck with your surgery :) It's going to be amazing!!!
Wow, ur nose looks so natural. The doctor is soooo skilled. Really I've seen all his work and his results are natural. He masters the bridge, the tip, nostrils, and where the forhead meets the top of nose. He is perfection. Not only that but he dose it all closed procedure, so no one has to deal with the ridiculous upper lip still swollen. Im 1 yr post and still my upper lips and nose is so bad in pictures :/ im surprised he only has 7 yr experience. Has any one got a collapsed nose from him, does he use grafting.
I have never heard of anyone's nose collapsing after one of his surgeries. I believe he does use grafting. I did not have any bridge work done, just tip work, and no grafting. I'm sorry you aren't happy with your result :(!!
Actually I have spoken to and seen pictures of two of Dr. G patients that had their noses collapse. I have also seen one that had a twisted bridge. He did however fix girls with collapsed noses but the one with a twisted bridge I am not 100% sure as she was from out of country and had to make a trip back to get a revision done. Remember even the best surgeon can have not the best outcomes. He has always offered to all three people I have met to fix their noses. Dr. G was my runner up for a revision but I ultimately decided to go with someone else due to the fact that he has not done many revisions let alone like mine. If I had septum left to use I am sure Dr. G would have been the one I would have gone. Dr. G doesn't have very extensive experience with revisions let alone with grafts other than septum. He does produce beautiful results, I have done lots of research on him and even consulted with him in person. Very nice man, skilled surgeon, and produces beautiful noses for the most part.
You're a barbie doll! love your new nose. Thanks for the update and happy nw to you.
I think you looked beautiful before the surgery, and even more stunningly gorgeous after the surgery. Dr Grigoryants sounds like a great doctor.
Thank you so much. He is a great doctor!!
You are looking amazing! Thanks for the updates they are great.
Wow you look gorgeous! :) and I know exactly what you mean when you hate it hanging low, mines the same! From the side it looks perfect but when you look from the front it still looks like it hangs a bit :( but aye I guess you can only do so much! But still definately 100% better I can't complain! Lol can't wait to see how it looks when your up to my stage! Kept updating :) x
We don't get sick of these updates, just in case you were wondering lol...I've followed your story since the beginning and still get excited when I see you post new pics! You look gorgeous!
Thank you darlin! I know, haha. I need to update more I just dont have has much time anymore!
Yeah, I can tell there is swelling there, buy it still looks more refined than before. Just hang in there and play the patient bear. I can't wait to see what it looks like in 9 months.
Yep! I still am really happy with it, and it just keeps getting better :) xo
Wow! very elegant and feminine nose. Thanks for the lovely new pictures