My Labiaplasty Experience - Los Angeles, CA

I have been bothered by my labia for almost as...

I have been bothered by my labia for almost as long as I can remember. When I first heard about this procedure 15+ years ago, I knew it was for me. Fast forward to earlier this year and I had finally saved the almost $10,000 it would cost for the procedure (labiaplasty + clitropexy with one of the best doctors in the world). I am sure I could have gotten this procedure done for less, but did not want to have to worry about the outcome. I will provide more information regarding my surgeon and ratings and such when the recovery is all said and done. Given the amount I paid and his reputation, I am hoping and expecting the best!

I traveled out to LA last Thursday to get the procedure done (about 3.5 hour flight from my home). I went by myself and did not actually tell anyone I was having this done. I had mentioned it to my mom a few times over the years, but she was not supportive of "cosmetic" surgery. I am also too embarrassed to talk about this with my friends and am currently single (and have been for a while due to the insecurities resulting from my labia). Needless to say, I was pretty terrified going through this on my own. My surgeon and his staff were very comforting though and made the experience a bit less scary.

I had the procedure done under general anesthesia, and the surgeons staff arranged for an aftercare nurse to stay with me for 6 hours after the procedure. I would highly recommend this even for those that have people with them as having a nurse who is familiar with the recovery process is very reassuring!

I had my procedure done at 7:30 am (day 1) and spent the remainder of that day and the entire two following days in my hotel bed only getting up to get ice, food, water, bathroom, etc. I was in a moderate amount of paid (mostly when moving), but the painkillers seem to help. I also had a drain in and was thus unable to shower which was somewhat annoying, although, given my limited mobility, probably for the best. Going pee was not so bad, however, I was extremely constipated and unable to have a bowel movement for almost 4 days. I am guessing this was due to the pain killers and probably also my fear of staining my muscles and ripping a suture. Walking is also very uncomfortable (I have to waddle like a penguin), and I have to be in a very certain position to sit comfortably. Aside from that, things are going ok.

Day 4 - I returned to my surgeon's office for the post op and to get the drain removed. He says everything looks great which is reassuring. Today is also the day I have to fly home and I am still waddling! Walking through the airport I am very self-conscious and uncomfortable, but thankfully I am in another city and won't ever have to see these people again. The flight was better as I was able to sit relatively comfortably. So glad to finally be home!

Day 5 - the itching has gotten much worse but Claritin seems to help significantly. I am still mostly laying in bed reading/watching TV, but did run to the pharmacy (driving is very uncomfortable as it is difficult to sit in my comfortable position and use the gas/brakes!) As far as how things look down there, a little scary which is what I expected. Swollen and slightly bruised. Despite this, I can tell that there has been significant improvement. I have read enough about the recovery process to know that the swelling is normal, but really hoping things start to at least feel a bit more comfortable soon. I still have 6 days off work, so I am hoping for significant improvement between now and then. One thing I am sure of is that I am glad I took extra time off work. Most docs say you should be good to work in just a few days if you have a sedentary job (I do), but I personally don't want to have to waddle into work and make excuses for my goofy walk!

Nice work! I am so happy for you that you did it. I have done it 3 weeks ago now and I couldn't be more happy. Heal well, don't sit or lay down too much

Day 7

Today I felt better than I have since getting the surgery. Was up moving around a lot more, although definitely still walking funny. Things still look about the same, very swollen. There is not so much pain anymore, more just a bit uncomfortable and nervous about tearing. There seems to be some dried crusty blood/scab by my clit, however, the area is wayyyy to sensitive to touch and clean. I have been rinsing with water 2x per day and am hoping it washes away soon as it looks super gross, although everything does now, so I guess it doesn't matter! I am getting pretty bored of sitting at home and praying that I feel good enough to get out and about a bit this weekend, we'll see!

Hey there, been awhile since we heard from you...how are you doing?
Hi Brandy, I am considering getting this done, especially after reading your review and your story sounds like my own! I've felt this way for a long time but naturally, am pretty nervous. Since you had such a good experience, I would love to ask who your doctor is? Are you still feeling pretty happy about the outcome? Thanks so much for posting such an informative review!
How are you doing? I saw your pics and everything looks amazing!!! Do you have any progress pics? And or any sensitivity issues? I want to get the exact same procedure done by your dr... Excited to hear the details.

Almost 4 months

Hi all, sorry for not posting in sooo long! My recovery went really smoothly after the first two weeks with very minimal discomfort. I had sex about 7 weeks post op and it was amazing! First time in my entire life I haven't been self conscious while being naked! I was a bit concerned about the effects on the sensation I feel down there, but all is well!

Visually I am very pleased with the results. My inner labia no longer hangs down and while they aren't completely concealed by my outer labia when standing, there is only a tiny gap which I think is quite normal. I had read someone else who posted that their clit looked somewhat pinned up after the clitoropexy, and I will agree with that; doesn't really bother me though as you would have to get all up in there to notice! It is such a vast improvement from what it looked like before, so I can't complain! I feel totally comfortable in swimsuits and even got my first Brazilian as a result of my newfound confidence! All in all, very pleased.

I will try to post another picture soon to show the final results. Thanks for the support everyone!

Update posted, thanks for the encouragement on that!
Hey, more than happy to share more info with you, but don't feel comfortable posting the docs info publicly, so will message you with details!
Brandy, Would love to have your doctors information also, if you would share. Have been wanting this surgery for a very long time and am planning on doing it within next 6 months. If you would be so kind as to private message me your doctor's name, I'd be very grateful. Thank you :)