Excited but Nervous - Los Angeles, CA

I'm going in at 10 am for my first ever lipo...

I'm going in at 10 am for my first ever lipo procedure! (It made me put 10/23 but it's actually 10/22) I'm 5'5" 125 lbs, 22 years old, extremely athletic, and I eat really well. I have always had a "pouch" on my belly. I've been self conscious about it since I hit puberty. I've tried every diet in the book and workout like a mad woman. I've decided it's time. My mom has has a ton of lipo and is excited for me to get it. She got a botched lipo job and her stomach looks like Tara Reid's. I hope it's not something that runs in the family, I want to undergo this surgery without most of my friends and family even knowing about it. I'm getting lipo to the abdomen (mainly lower) and to the handles. Won't be sAd to see them go, I don't think. I'm just praying for great results and no lumpiness. Writing this as I'm sitting in bed before surgery trying not to think about how hungry I am. Also, I'm really curious to see how fast I'll recover. I'm back to work in a week, but would like to be available this weekend for some social gatherings. I will update post op! Wish me luck!

how'd it go?

No pain no gain

I'm in a ton of pain. Taking all my meds and went back to the dr today for a check in. They removed 600cc from my abs and love handles. Came home to shower and it felt great. I think I could see a slight difference in my stomach but with all the marker and marks from my corset I couldn't tell, and it almost hurt more to keep it off. I iced for about 20 minutes and laid in bed the rest of the day. Will hopefully feel a bit better to post some updated pictures tomorrow!

Great, I think. I just updated my post! See above.

More Photos

Here are some photos I took last night laying down. Not the best angle but I'm in too much pain to stand up without my corset on for now. Tonight when I shower I'll try to take some progress photos. These photos are from 1 day post-op.

1 Day post, and looking good already! Are you getting a lot of draining still?
my sites have no draining whatsoever! One of my stitches bled a little bit the first day but thats it. I'm not quite sure what causes or prevents the draining from the entry sites, but i'm lucky I don't have any of that. Just wearing a bandaid with neosporin over all the sites/stitches. I have four along my bikini line and one in my belly button. I'm also wearing two foam pads under my velcro corset.
I am on day two, and luckily I wore red sweat pants out. I came home to completely soaked pants on one side! I wish you the best with recovery, I'll get my own photos up soon. I have almost been scared to look since I am in a lot of pain. Have you told any of your friends? I was wondering if I should of told one of my friend's today, but I didn't. Felt strange to stop her story to interject with why it hurts when she gave me a big hug.

Looking better

New photos!

The strange part is I have had quite an appetite, but my diet has consisted of protein shakes mixed with fiber, vegetables, and fruits. I have told two of my best friend's. One a girl, who was completely supportive, and my other friend, a guy, who tried to convince me otherwise, said I should forfeit the money, and hasn't spoken to me really since I told him. I regret saying anything, but I tell him everything and wasn't expecting the backlash. I guess I should stop being bold then and I'm glad I kept my mouth shut about this to my other friend. I am invited to a bunch of Halloween parties for the weekend, and will just play sick I suppose or just try to go for a few hours...we'll see. I'm more focused on recovery and can put social life on hold. I guess I was kind of bored, and thought I could handle it, since in the office the girls made it sound like no big deal to go right back to work. I had almost 3000CC removed, and it's taking its toll. Feels like I just did the longest ab routine of my life. I am restless from lying around, and also getting tired of standing, and I'm avoiding sitting and too fidgety to sit and read.

Day 3 Post Op

Looking better everyday! Feeling better today as well. Anyone know how to get the marker off?

The marker came off for me with spoap, sponge and some scrubbing with my nails! Although maybe my doc used a different marker. Lookin' good.
I will try this! My Dr. took out my stitches today and only said that it will come off with time. I hope he is wrong. He said I have a lot of swelling so results should start to look a lot better.
Strange how they use such different techniques. My stiches are supposed to get absorbed after two weeks. Did he give you any idea when you get back to working out/yoga? How's your sleeping been?

One week post-op

Got my stitches out today and ran a ton of errands. First time out of my house since last Wednesday! I am sore but the pain was bearable with no pain meds. Im back to work tomorrow so I hope I don't get tired or sore for sitting for an extended period of time. My sides are significantly more sore than my front. He said I have a lot of swelling so it will be great to see the final product because I'm already happy with the results. I've been sleeping on my back and I really miss sleeping on my side, so hopefully the pain continues to reside. I will post an update in a few weeks. For now I hope this helps. I'd strongly recommend! And if you are in LA, use dr George sanders!

You look great! Thank you for sharing your story!! How did you end up deciding on this doctor over others? How many did you see for consultations? I have seen 3, but can only fathom going to one because of his experience, credentials, and honesty about the procedure and expectations for the outcome. I am currently waiting to speak to a couple of his past patients, but I still feel like I should see a couple more doctors just to be certain. Thanks again!
I only saw one for a consultation. Luckily, my mom has been seeing him for years and he was the highest rated in my area by far. There were very few bad reviews out of hundreds of raving ones...sometimes you just have to trust what other people say, and judge based on how he makes you feel when he sees you in his office. My doctor was patient and very informative, made me feel comfortable. Never felt like he was rushing me out because he had other patients. And yes, my doctor was very honest as well...i have a sort of crease in my stomach that he said wouldn't go away (and hasnt) but i'm still seeing amazing results. Honestly-- YELP is great.

One month!

I'm really happy. I still have a little swelling which has shown in some parts being more swollen than others. This was totally worth it. Although it's not 100 perfect and I'm not the next Victoria's Secret model, I am so happy with my results! Can't wait to see three months down the line minus the swelling.

Looking gorgeous miss!!! :) Congrats on your liposuction!!! :) You look beautiful :)
Congrats miss!!! :) You look fantastic!!! :) Keep up the hard work!! :)
How come your dr didn't recommend cool sculpting? My dr said lazer lipo on someone with low fat the odds of lump on skin is more likely. Is your skin as smooth before the surgery? Looking good!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon