WORTH IT, but Be Careful in Application - Los Angeles, CA

I love Latisse. I've been using it for 4...

I love Latisse. I've been using it for 4 months. I have super long lashes which I thought I'd never see this lifetime. I never used the Latisse applicators and used my own super thin flat brush. For everynight the first 3 months, I used only 1 drop and dabbed a little on the top lash line, making sure I didn't get any in my eye or anywhere else (since it darkens the skin). I noticed around 3 months that my eye was getting a little more irritated than usual so I started using it every other night. Now I use it every other day since I noticed that at night, the solution would get in my eye (because I close my eyes to sleep). So I've decided to use a tiny bit in the morning when I get up and then I use my glasses for the next several hours. This is more convenient for me. I have started using it every 2-3 days. I know if I stop using it my lashes will all fall out. I love these lashes for now. I also read that when you get an eye exam, you have to tell the doctor that you're using Latisse Since it's an eye medication for glaucoma, I wonder if it changes the eye pressure in your eyeball.

Latisse

Latisse completed my whole intake process over email. I didn't have any questions.

how come they sell Latisse cheaper than anyone? Are you sure its authentic?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I just ordered 2 bottles from ****.com of latisse. i'm actually afraid to try another brand. fysiko is expensive at something like 120 for 8 ml.

how much is latisse at ****.com? how can they sell it without prescription?

Hey Ladyxenon, by being a makeup artist I've got a lot of companies that will send me free products to try out. Rapid lash being one of them. They def get an A+ for the packaging design, its undoubtably the way to go as far as being able to properly apply without waste. But as for seeing results, I never noticed any changes. I will say that I worked with another makeup artist who swears by it though. I'd given it a run using 2 tubes of the stuff & just wasn't impressed. Prolly cause I was already spoiled to the Latisse. About 6 months ago I had an actress sit in my chair (who I could immediately tell was using something on her lashes) & when I'd asked her about it, she claimed to be using the generic from India for about $6. She also told me she used it in the morning instead of at night. I am def willing to try anything once so I'm prolly gonna give it a try. The BEST way that I've found to tell wether your getting results or not is to measure your lashes by your eyelash curler. Before I started the Latisse my lashes barely went 1/2 way up the curler & after it kicked in, they were well passed the top of it!!! So trust me when I say it works! And maybe too good for that matter, I've noticed in people who have used it forever that they're lashes start to look like what I call "horse-hair lashes" because they get really long, thick, & straight & seem to grow against the natural curl instead of with it. I've also notice that they seem to grow outside of the natural lash line...which is prolly why it's not prescribed for usage on the bottom lashes. I can only imagine the pain it would cause to have lashes growing out of you water-line poking you in the eye! :) Needless to say, I do it on the bottoms anyway but am super careful using my own brush 2 apply it exactly where I want more lashes. Then, I fan dry them so that there's no time for the solution to run. Another trick is to use the lid to contain 1 drop of the solution, that way your can keepin dipping into it until you've completely used it all. One drops more than enough to do both upper & lower lashes & still have a little for your brows ;)
I love the fan idea. I will do that. It's true. I use the lid with the 1 drop. You're absolutely right about the longer lashes growing against the natural curve. Now I actually have to use my eyelash curler. The lashes grow differently on both eyes. The right eye is thicker but the left eye has longer lashes. I will try the generic Bimatoprost. Several much lower prices online. I have used a tiny bit on the outer lower lash line and it worked since I have no lashes in that area! And my eyebrows look nicer fuller, thicker and symmetrical.
Krystal, my doctor told me if one was to habitually drip the solution down their cheek, hair would soon be growing down that line! Scary potent stuff! What is the name of the cheapo India product? I got mine BOGO so it will last for a while - but the doc said you have to continually use it to reap the benefits so I will want to get it cheaper next time. :)
@Kerry, where did you get yours BOGO?
Krystal,
Where can I buy the generic form of Latisse? ($6 from India) Do you know of a web site?
I have the solution to them getting too long and being unruley. I use my Latisse and let it dry. Then I use some other type of brush on lash growing serum (nine of them worked for me) but I use the kind with a mascara wand and I brush it on my lashes in the direction I want them to grow which if course is kind of out. After a couple of weeks of doing this they stopped growing in crazy directions and started growing in the direction I pulled them with the brush. Worked for me. Good luck!!
None* of them worked for me....just use them to make your lashes go in the direction you want
My lashes are darker and thicker. I've been using it every other night. Bimatoprost, if you google it, is sold generically for $10 a bottle or cheaper. I haven't used the generic brands sold online. With the way I'm using Latisse, the bottle last me 2-3 months. KerryT, that's a great idea. I will sell my brushes on Ebay. I agree Krystal, those brushes are horrible. I used them once and taper them myself. It's such BS how latisse sells that to up their price, then tell us that we have to use their brushes. I'm not sure if its 4 months now for me, but my lashes are darker and thicker. I've been using it every other night. Bimatoprost, if you google it, is sold generically for $10 a bottle or cheaper. I haven't used the generic brands sold online. With the way I'm using Latisse, the bottle last me 2-3 months. My eyes aren't irritated any longer. Not sure if they're used to the product. I have brown eyes that used to have light blue circles around my iris because my eyesight is bad, genetics, I don't know. Those light blue circles have become slightly darker, you can't see them so much. I've had no problems with wearing contacts during the day, I take them off every night. I will try the generic brand of Bimatoprost. I've thought of trying Revitalash, but I have a feeling I won't be happy with the results, and could ruin the results I have now with Latisse.
Sorry, I cut and pasted on this awful computer and repeated myself! LOL

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Ya know, this stuff would probably work. From what I've gathered, it goes deep into your glands & shakes up 2 wake up the hair follicles that have been dormant. But I will say, I'm super impressed with all the before & after pics posted on this site about hair transplants, so I'd give that a try if Nioxin doesn't cut it..which btw does work too, I've used the drain trap & have seen celebrities that r hooked on it! ;) but yes we're on the same page as far as the company trying 2 cash in every way they can!!
Just in the past couple of days I've noticed longer, darker lashes. I'm excited! I'm a natural blonde with skimpy lashes. Even with mascara I had hardly any. Yes I agree about the brushes - even my doctor said they were worthless. I am an artist and am using a tiny No. 1 sable and like you, wash it everyday. Hey if Latisse is this great, do you think I could rub it all over my husband's head??? :)
I wouldn't rub it over your husbands head. I think Rogain is better for that. Also, go to dermatologist and ask for prescription - there are few pills men only can take for hair growth. Something like propecia? ot sure the name, but for men there are options...
awesome idea. I should sell mine too! Ive been a pro makeup artist for almost 10 yrs now & let me just say..the brushes that it comes with are complete bs. Theyre obviously made this way on purpose. Think about it, they arent tapered off right to glide on anyones eyelid, no matter what your shape is. Then theres the material that is used…it absorbs the solution straight up to the top where the brush fibers meet the handle, making the consumer need to use more than just one drop. The other companies that put it in a mascara like tube have a way better concept as to what we'd like as far as application goes. Unfortunately I havent found anything that comes close to the amazing results of Lat…as for me personally, I use an eyeliner makeup brush & clean it with a mild shampoo between uses. *I also put a tiny bit in my bottom lashes & brows! :)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Mandy - if you have been using it for a year you don't ned to be applying it every day. I did my initial six weeks (everyday) then I went to twice a week for about two months. Now I apply just once a week and am maintaining the length. What's even better is that I am still on my first bottle and am only 3/4 thru. The key is to use a tiny brush - one that doesn't suck the solution out of the bottle. I use a tiny #000 artist's brush that cost me only about $3.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I sold my brushes on ebay for $15!
I use the brushes for children's art. I can understand the need for sterile brushes but the edge is so thick your eyelid will surely darken.

Thanks for giving us the details of your routine. Its always so helpful to hear what others have found to work well.

I've read other reviews where people have also commented about using a different brush to apply the product rather than the one that comes with it. I'll be curious to see if Latisse changes the brush they are supplying since it seems many people don't find it to be a good shape/size.