Self Chemical Peel Burned Layers of my Skin - Los Angeles, CA

I wanted to use peels to help with my acne scars,...

I wanted to use peels to help with my acne scars, it made matters worse. My nose is red for whatever i don't know.

It produced an adverse effect and burned  the top layers of my nose? or got it infected? acne? i don't know. I used salicylic acid, glycolic acid and lactic acid at diff times over the course of a month or two (peels from skin laboratory). It made my nose permanately red and produced discoloration all over my face.

I haven't used peels since this effect on my nose ~1.5 month ago. I'm out of idea and don't know what to do, any recommendation for routines and treatment?

I also burned the layer of my nose with latic acid 15% i took a year to recover it will take 5 years than you have new skin
hi i have a pigmentation problem i had undergone yellow peel 8 times only 50% was reduced as it was a bit costly treatment i am planning to stop can i continue with the maintainence treatment or should i continue my peel treatment can u suggest me pls
Yes, I found something that is doing amazing stuff for people with discoloration, texture, tone... I heard an esthetician say its doing in 30 days what 3 peels are doing AND IS NON-TOXIC :-) personally its helped with my acne and scars far better then anything I've ever used. I can send you some info on it if you would like. Pers
@Alisha what product are you talking about?
Would also like to know the product you say is so good as my daughter might find this information useful. Thanks
You didn't say how deep percent the peels were. How are you doing now? Sometimes sun can make tender new skin react badly, so do use sunscreen faithfully. Sorry the peels seemed to make matters worse. You look young and your skin may well heal. A dermatologist could advise you.
Light peel category. lactic acid 50-70%, salicylic acid 20%, glycolic 50% (once). Things gotten much much better though i'd say 60% better. Yeah probably the sun has its toll, as i mostly only used sunscreen spf 30+ for a week most of the time, shoulda probably used it more.

I'm a black woman. I bought a TCA 20% peel from skin-peel. I have horrible results. I only left it on for a minute and now I'm scared I'm permanently scared. I will never do an at-home peel again.

Hmmm I bought a 15 % peel that I applied twice. the first layer I left on for 5min then applied the 2nd layer for another 5min making it a 25-30% peel and I'm having miraculous results. The very first time I did it though I only did 1layer at the 15% bc it was my very first time and the website instructed as much. I bought mine from "makeup artists choice".. And I've Never gotten this done professionally. Look into the website and see if they can help you out in anyway they really do seem to know exactly what they're doing, I'm so glad to have stumbled upon them! I hope they can help you find what you're looking for. The other amazing thing is they sell samples as well to make sure the clients don't waste their money on things they don't really need. :) this to me was the icing on the cake and proved they weren't just out to get people's money. True costumer satisfaction here. God bless!

Im on the 2nd/3rd month of tretinoin and it's getting better, slowly but surely. Before i used tretinoin it took me months to get better results.

I don't know if using this would be right for you, my peel caused me uneven damage and caused some acne. I hope tretinoin will even it and get rid of it sooner or later. All i do now is use a light cleanser like cerave, use a basic moisturizer + few drops of hyaluronic acid serum and sunblock. seems to be improving day by day.
i was wondering, i burned my skin quite a bit with my 30% TCA peel, and now i have huge pink patches on my otherwise dark olive skin. i had loss of pigmentation from the burn. i just wanted to ask, is your discoloration getting better? and how long before you saw any results?
It's actually doing better now thanks for asking. I'm currently using tretinoin to attempt to fix the damage and purge everything to even and correct the damage. On the 3rd week so far.
Hello, I was wondering how your skin is doing now? With home peels, you do really need to be careful. Asian skin is the most sensitive skin type there is. Chemical peels can cause damage and permanently hyperpigmentate this skin type. Your best bet would to probably use a salicylic acid based product, oil free moisturizer and sunblock daily for your skin. A gentle cleanser to keep your pores clean. Sometimes overstimulating your skin makes it look and feel worse. I hope you are well.
I have used at home peels before and love the results. Part of your problem may have been not only the mixture of different peels. But also the strength and application. A month is not long enough time to do the different peels with the recovery time necessary.
Look into Argan oil. It has greatly helped my skin's recovery process :) Hope your skin gets better and stick w the acne treatment for a bit. At least three weeks. That is the recommended time frame for trying out a new skin care regime to see if it works.
Thanks for responding, yep it was an at home treatment, i did see a dermatologist he told me it was acne and prescribed soem treatment for it, but it usually irritates me more. Now im just using fruit of the earth's aloe vera gel to sooth my skin, it has gotten a little better, it is still a little pink, but not as bad as the picture.

Was this an at home treatment? I am in an Esthetics class now, and these types of peels aren't really good for home use, especially if you've never had a peel done before. Your skin type, and condition, and contraindications all have something to do with how your skin reacts to different treatments. If you don't mind me suggesting, if you go to a school near you that has this class, they may can help you figure out what you need to do from this point on. If there isn't a school near you, then I would go to a dermatologist and take the product with you, and they will be able to help you there. Sorry for your horrible experience, results usually aren't like that unless you don't do something correctly. I hope this information helps out some. Good luck! :)

I think its just need a time to recover after this procedure. Its all depend on ur type of skin. So just be patience.