Cellulaze June 6, 2012 - Will Keep You Posted As Time Progresses (Age 47) - Los Angeles, CA

Had cellulaze yesterday, June 6, 2012. Spent...

Had cellulaze yesterday, June 6, 2012. Spent almost 3 hours on my stomach with the last bit of the time on my back. Had the sides of my ledgs done, the backs, the buttocks (about 4" from the crease of my butt up my buttocks) and part of the fronts of my legs. Was given an adavan (spelling?) and a valium for the procedure. The numbing part, as you've most likely read, is PAINFUL, and the procedure itself is not, withe the exeption of the sporadic and surprising pang of heat in places most likely not completely numbed.

My doctor has me in a compression garmet from above my waist to below my knee. They gave me two and said when I have my stiches out in 5 days they may give me a size smaller if the swelling has started to go down. They said it's going to look worse before it looks better. They said starting at about 1 week I will think "oh my goodness, what have I done!" and that I will regret it. They said about 4-6 weeks I will "start" to see results and this process will unfold for several months and even up to one year. They said the procedure appears to be permanent as people who had it 3 years ago still have retained their good results.

I'm in pain, it hurts to sit, stand, walk, etc. It's not as bad as the lipo I had nine years ago which had me in bed for almost a full week. Bruises are starting to appear as you can see below. My 1 day picture looks like no result at all but I'm not going to start condeming the process when I know my body needs to be in a state of recovery for results to appear. I figure I've had celllite my whole life, I can wait another couple of months to see how this unfolds. Happy to be able to share it with you all.

Note: My doctor did not take any pictures at the 24 hour point. They are waiting to take pictures at the 6 day point when I have my stitches out.

Just realized I could add comments to my initial...

Just realized I could add comments to my initial review, instead of in the comments where we all talk.

Update on Day 7 - posting some updated pictures for you today.
Doctor said so far so good.
Said the compression garmet needs to stay on for another 1-2 weeks.
Said put neosporin on each of my incisions for 1 week, then vaseline after that to keep the scabs moist so they say softer and don't interfere with healing.
Said continue with Traumeel 2x per day over the entire area. (Note, I looked at the ingredients for Traumeel and it is very different from just plain arnica. Traumeel looks like it would work better based on ingredients.)
Also, doc said there is really only lipo to compare the healing process with and she thinks the brusing will be mostly gone by week 2.
I'm functioning well, sitting all day at my job. But it does feel uncomfortable still to have sore "skin" and not a more common sore muscle feeling.
Brittany

Day 13 My bruising is almost gone. Legs still...

Day 13
My bruising is almost gone. Legs still tender but not as much. The support hose still feel good and supportive. I am still using arnica gel two times daily and am to continue for another week. I see the doctor on Day 30. Side note, I'm have a breast augmentation tomorrow :-)

07/22/12 - 6 weeks post cellulaze Just adding a...

07/22/12 - 6 weeks post cellulaze

Just adding a post here that my cellulite looks better. Even my 15 year old noticed it (she confessed it looked "really bad" before I had the procedure.) I can't seem to take good enough pictures that reflect the progress but I can see it.

At this point I am convinced the procedure works. The delay in seeing the results seems to be directly tied to the swelling/healing process. When that is completed it's looking like I'll have the results I paid $7,200 for.

I have a couple of smooth shapes appointments this month. My doctor said they are finding the smooth shapes help rid the swelling. They now offer two free ones with every cellulaze procedure. She showed me pictures of another patient who had cellulaze done 4 mos ago. She had 4 smooth shapes and after the 4th one the doctor said she totally took a turn in her progress. I saw her pictures and they looked fabulous. Before: cellulite After: no cellulite or no significant cellulite I could see.

My legs are still sore, I sort of flinch each time I have to sit on a hard chair. My butt which used to be firm is more jiggly now (bummer) but I'd rather have that than cellulite. I'm putting scar guard on my scars most days. I had a BA (breast augmentation) 4 weeks ago and my other doctor has me putting scar guard on my areola incisions so I thought I'd put it on my cellulaze incisions too. Cellulaze doctor said that's just fine.

My legs have been itching alot the last few days. There are a few knots, not many, under my skin. Mostly near the incisions, or right under them. Bruising has been gone for the most part since week 2, and I have seen any bruising at all for a few weeks. I am realllllly looking forward to not being self conscious about my legs anymore. Gosh, what a miracle and a blessing.

Hi Everyone, I haven't written in a while and...

Hi Everyone,

I haven't written in a while and decided to post tonight. I looked in the mirror and have to admit I am generally unhappy with the results of cellulaze. Do I see a little improvement? Yes. But it's just a little. Definitetly not $7,200 worth. Additionally, my doctor said that doing my butt would not make it less firm. In her defense, there was not alot of data with celluaze so I believe her telling me it would not effect the firmness of my butt was just lack of knowledge. I have to say I am SOOOOO disappointed with what happend with my butt. It used to be firm, kind of a bubble, and something my boyfriend adored about my body. Now it's flabby. Additionally, after 1 1/2 to 2 hours of sitting it actually starts to feel sore - from sitting! Apparently the tight bands that held the cellulate in place on my butt actually held my butt, and releasing them meant everything released. There would be no way to get the firm bubble butt back except through traditional months (years?) of exercise.

I did wear a halloween costume this year that was pretty short and showed a little bit of my top leg, just above the thigh high stockings I had on. I would have NEVER done this before cellulaze, but the slight improvement made me feel a little better about my legs, enough to wear this costume. Unless something big happens in the next month or few months to miraculously make my legs look better, I guess I'm stuck with having spent $7k. I'm geting lipo in 3 mos. I don't know if that helps cellulite, but at least there will be less fat so I'll feel better when looking at my legs. Sorry I couldn't offer a better reality on this procedure that once looked like a miracle to me. If you've got some encouraging news or info to share, I'd love to hear it.

Hi Everyone, it's been almost 8 mos. Since my...

Hi Everyone, it's been almost 8 mos. Since my cellulaze last June, 2012 I've had a BA (breast aug) and vaser lipo in the same areas the cellulaze was done (except my butt.. no lipo on my butt.)

Some bottom lines.... I am more comfortable in a dress now than I was pre-cellulaze. Or a short costume that comes just under my butt with thigh high stockings, so that would mean the part of the back of my legs just under my butt for about 8" shows as just skin, something I never would do, is now acceptable to me.

My cellulite is not gone. I think the cellulaze put me in the range of someone who has "some" cellulite, like alot of women. I don't know stage 2, 3, 4 etc, my doctor never mentioned any of that to me. What I do know is I believe I improved. I think the cost of $7,200 when compared to the improvement was not totally worth it, but since the money is spent, I'm glad the cellulite is better.

My doctor sent me pictures of before, at 3 mos and at 7mos. What's strange is I see almost no improvement at all in my pictures. So what I'm commenting on is more what I'm seeing in the mirror, not what I can really capture on camera.

The vaser lipo was 5 weeks ago. I had lipo 10 years ago and it was alot more bruising. I don't think the vaser lipo effected the cellulaze at all, lipo isn't supposed to change cellulite. The vaser lipo rid me of fat, so I'm a bit smaller, not alot.

Overall I'm happier, my BA looks great, or is certainly making me feel great, the cellulite is down, lipo.... all in all I've spent quite a bit of money, $22,150, ugh. But I'm loving getting dressed to go out and looking forward to the summer.

Brittany
Dr. Michelle Spring

I'll give 5 stars when I'm all healed with no cellulite.

Hi I sent you a private message. The success of this treatment depends on the technique of the Dr too. Im happy with my results. For example my Dr new not to do the butt. The expectation in not 100%. I hope your doctor told you that. I have some other thoughts i shared as well. Thanks for being so open to sharing and posting your pics.
Any new pics
Hope springs eternal! Based on Brittany's experience and the many reviews I have read, Cellulaze doesn't appear to be THE answer to cellulite correction. The company does appear to excel at marketing though.
Glad to hear that you are happier, Brittany. Would be great to see the photos from your doctor. Thanks again for sharing. Best wishes.
Any updates?
If you do lipo, I might recommend laser lipo rather than traditional lipo. I am currently assessing whether or not to do cellulose and the hardest part for me is that I have been told that the areas on the sides of my butt might not respond more than 50% because that area is not really cellulite, but waves in the tissue caused by my lipo 2 years ago. My doctor said that the doctor who did my lipo did nothing wrong and that this is a common occurrence afterbtraditional lipo. I have never really been overweight - I just wanted some contouring done, but now I kinda wish I never did the lipo on the sides of my legs. I also did itmon my lower back and do not regret that at all. It came out perfectly.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am a bit confused though: As Dr. Blinski below had commented, you had a 40% improvement in your cellulite to a point where you wore a sexy Halloween costume, which you would have "NEVER" done before Cellulaze. To me that sounds like an awesome result, way better than anything that is out on the market (what cream, surface smoothing treatment or even mesotherapy has ever given you a 40% reduction in cellulite? or the confidence to wear a short skirt). I don't know, maybe people are being mislead that Cellulaze is supposed to remove all cellulite when, in fact, all studies show that there is a "significant reduction" in cellulite, which you have obviously had. Sounds like your doctor was not clear with you regarding your expectations and outcomes. Anyway, glad to hear that your legs are smooth and sexy enough to show off in a short skirt ;) I hope I have at least that much improvement when I get my procedure done :)
This appears to be a response from the company or the doctor rather than a comment by a RealSelf user.
InTheKnow1, you are completely wrong. I am very much a RealSelf user who will be getting the Cellulaze procedure done in Seattle in December. Go check out my profile to see that I have been researching the procedure for several months now and have posted a review on a different procedure that I had done. Best wishes.
It just seemed odd that you were so anxious to try and convince Brittany that she she be satisfied,"glad to hear your legs are smooth and sexy" when she is clearly not happy and doesn't think they are smooth or sexy! She even states, "Unless something big happens in the next month or few months to miraculously make my legs look better, I guess I'm stuck with having spent $7k". Glad to hear you are a real user, although maybe a bit optimistic as far as cellulaze.
InTheKnow1 I don't know where you are reading that I am trying to convince Brittany or that I am anxious LOL. I was simply analyzing her responses of having 40% cellulite improvement - enough to wear a short outfit which she states she would have never worn before; and, in a way, I was wondering if her doctor had explained to her that there would be a "significant reduction" in cellulite and not a "cure". I am very glad that she has had so much improvement because it means that I CAN be optimistic about my own upcoming procedure! My expectations are not cellulite-free legs though. Also, it was funny to me that you thought that I might be the doctor. I actually asked Dr. Spring previously for a consultation appointment on RealSelf and....never heard a reply - she must be too busy with her patients to even bother but, as a result, I have no investment in her whatsoever. I also have no affiliation with Cellulaze whatsoever but I am grateful for their product as, after spending thousands of dollars trying to reduce cellulite, I KNOW it will actually be reduced this time :)
Hey gals, thanks for your comments. The "40%" improvement was Dr. B's assessment. Don't know how he exactly determines that when he hasn't examined me. He's looking at my pictures, which are not exactly what my legs look like. The fact that I wore a sexy halloween costume has less to do with my legs and more to do with my courage to wear something when I don't look good, and making fun more important than the results I did not get. DAILY my butt hurts. It's sore from sitting on it for an hour or two. Plus it's flatter, geez, that's sucha a bummer. I'm looking at spending more money trying to get my butt back with a brazillian butt lift. Just starting my research there. My legs are possibly looking worse again. I think I read someone else saying they looked better over a few months, then looked worse. My 6 mos will be Dec 6th. My doctor most likely won't offer a solution, just the usual "wait." Kind of wish I would have paid according to results, not spent $7,200. Not worth it.
Read Brittany's comments below. If you still believe Cellulaze is right for you then so be it. You are the eternal optimist!
Actually I am a scientist. The objective findings, which the FDA has based its approval on, have shown that Cellulaze increases skin thickness by 25% and the elasticity by 29% and 93% of patients were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend, in addition to the fact that the satisfaction rate is greater than 80% on RealSelf with the Cellulaze procedure. With these type of statistics, I don't need to be an eternal optimist because statistically it is more likely than not that I will be one of the majority who are satisfied with the results. I do hope that your results continue to improve and that you reach a level of satisfaction. It must be very frustrating to not have your expectations met - especially as the procedure is not inexpensive. It would be extremely helpful for readers like myself to see current photos of your progress (I notice that the ones that are up right now are only 2 weeks post procedure) so that we can compare the before and after photos and know what to expect at the 6 months mark. Best wishes.
WOW! all the e/mails to me. I posted, "Dear Brittany 6755.... I have reviewed your posted photos and agree you have an improvement....40% area"!!!! YES I have NEVER seen you but you posted a series of photos for review by ALL. Since I have done CELLULAZE in over 70 cases, I responded with my opinion of the results seen on the posted photos by you. It is JUST my opinion! Whether you are satisfied/happy/or not is in your realistic judgement. Not mine or any other outside posters. You did write you saw a "...little improvement..."and would have "...NEVER done this before cellulaze, but the slight improvement made me feel a little better about my legs...".So how are we to interpret this? Maybe your chosen CELLULAZE doc DID NOT fully explain the risks and benefits, I do not know. But your happiness would be my most pressing concern. If you were my patient I would redo the CELLULAZE after 6 months to attempt to improve the results. So if you are in your eyes only 20% improved vs my 40%. Than if a secondary operation could hopefully increase the results by another 20% or more than it might be worth the try. But if you are looking for greater than 80% results than this is not for you. I was only trying to help you not infuriate you. My personal best wishes.
Again, HappyGrrl sounds less like a future patient and more like someone who has interest in the success of Cellulaze.
Agreed. HappyGirl. Thanks for your interest but if 93% of the patients said they would recommend cellulaze, and the information was obtained in a similar way that you misinterprted my unhappiness as happiness, I question the 93%. Although it's great to hear people were eventually happy with the results, according to the study(ies) you quoted, until I'm one of the 93%, the statistics don't change things for me. Not looking to get into a cat fight here, don't want to waste energy on that. As a patient, I don't say things and mean something else. That's the beauty of a patient forum like this.
I sure am a future Cellulaze patient and I am very much interested in the reasons why the minority, like yourself, who are dissatisfied are dissatisfied. If it is for the reasons that you list, which I summarize as an expectation of cellulite-free legs as opposed to a significant reduction in cellulite, then reading your post only reassures me that I will be happy with my own result. I understand you are unhappy and that you are not one of the 93%; and, as I said previously, I hope that the tide turns for you and that you see the result you were hoping for after you heal (the 93% satisfaction statistics was taken at 1 year post procedure and you are not even half way there). My analysis of the reasons for your dissatisfaction does provide me with a lot of hope however and I thank you, again, for your updates. In that same vein, I would be eternally grateful if you would post current photos of your progress - right now I am mostly making my assessments based on the things that you, your 15 year old daughter and Dr. B have said. Kindest regards.
HappyGrrl, you have the right to be optimistic about Cellulaze based on your analysis. On the other hand, I don't think you have the right to tell someone who is not happy with the procedure that they are wrong. First of all, it makes you look like someone who has a vested interest in the success of Cellulaze. Second, isn't it important to hear all opinions, good and bad. If you are so convinced that Cellulaze is highly effective, stop trying to convince others and just go have the procedure. Then you can give an opinion based on experience and not conjecture. Considering your strong opinions in last post, if you are not a rep for Cellulaze, you certainly could/should be!
I did not say that you were wrong to feel dissatisfied nor am I trying to convince anyone. The conversation started with me wondering if your doctor had advised you to expect a significant reduction and not a cure - which has not been answered. Additionally, it would be helpful to see a current photo. As I mentioned previously, I am very much grateful to hear your opinion - it is useful to me specifically because it is not one of praise - thus I know what to expect in the worst case scenario. I certainly do have a vested interest in Cellulaze working or, more precisely, I will shortly after I pluck down $5,500 for the procedure; and will provide my experience on RealSelf shortly thereafter. My consultation is with Dr. Marosan on the 30th of October - so looking forward to it :)
Hi again Brittany :) I just noted that you were considering either lipo or a BBL. You will see from the Q&A on my profile that I have researched this area. In my humble opinion :) you will not be happy with just lipo and you do have a naturally very nice round butt (it is distressing to hear that it is flatter now - again seeing current photos would help me greatly as I can show to my Dr). I think a BBL will just enhance your natural assets and the procedure involves lipo in order to collect the fat (bonus!). I think picking a physician who is an "artist" is key for BBL. On my profile under Q&A I list a wish photo of a physician who, imho, does beautiful work. Also, a lady on this forum "PetiteBlond" had fantastic results with her physician and you might want to check out her profile. I do wish you all the best.
Glad you think there will be such a reduction, I myself wore a short Halloween costume, why? Not because cellulite looked better, but because of what I have been through, the $ I have spent, that my legs are not fat.....they are just not smooth and I am thin enough to pull it off that's all. I will be headed for the 6 month mark back and buttocks first, 2 weeks after will be 6 months for the front. I have to look at the dates on the pictures to see when they were taken, before or after Cellulaze. So good luck to you, I will be approaching my Dr about a retouch before the summer months as my entire summer was ruined in a garment with bruised sore legs X 2 procedures, now maybe that's why I wore a short halloween costume, I deserved to!!!
Amen, my Dr totally has the wait attitude, I will be in there as soon as I get up the courage to approach him about my lack of results, he just says its "coming along" it takes time. The $ and time, pain and suffering just blow my mind to have nothing to show for it.....I am waiting to do a review and boy do I have one will be done after I have spoken to him and we come with a conclusion to my problem. It's the waiting that is the hardest part. Only a handful of people know what I have done, I feel silly and vain to have spent $ put some family through this with me, driving me to procdures helping out when I was recovering and the $ I spent....how could this not work???? Yes, it was not worth it at this time :(((((
As a Dr how would be the best way to approach you at 6 months about wanting a redo? My Dr totally says my legs are coming along, the lighting in his office does do them justice, truth be told I have to look at the dates on the pictures to see if they are before or after Cellulaze. Bring my own pictures in? Email them? Or just tell him by phone? I do believe he did everything absolutely right. I just have disgusting Cellulite, I had front, back, buttocks and a little Smartlipo to knees and inner thighs all by him....I am very invested in this and very sad that I see no improvement. I did the smartlipo at his suggestion to better the outcome of the Cellulaze, I nevet thought I was fat enough for Smartlipo, he said it was to contour the legs better, I was sold, and yes I am forever Wishful. I would attach pictures but I can not do it here....
Wishful, help the Cellulaze community by starting your own review and PLEASE POST PHOTOS of before and after. If you are at the 6 months mark now then you are one of the pioneer patients who got the procedure right as it was available on the marker. If there really isn't any improvement in cellulite, then it could be due to your surgeon's lack of experience, at that point, with the equipment - in which case he needs to re-do your procedure. There are at least two other women on this forum who had Cellulaze when it first came out and did not see any results until a re-do. Best wishes.