Is This Too Good to Be True? - Los Angeles, CA

I have scheduled an appt to have the procedure...

I have scheduled an appt to have the procedure after my very 1st consult. I have 4 more consults scheduled, but want to get it done sooner vs later so I can be in a swim suit by the end of June. I'm scared- is this for real? Has anyone had a bad experience? Does this really work? I am a vegetarian, totally healthy, workout 5x a week from treadmill/weights, tennis, hiking, spinning, yoga, and a variety of classes. I'm not overweight and overall, have a good figure, and like my body... but I have cellulite which REALLY bothers me. It's the only thing I wish I could change. I constantly cover my bum/thighs in a bathing suit and avoid the backside being naked in front of my husband. Pathetic, but true. I've never had a procedure done ever. Nothing. A facial here and there, hair coloring and teeth whitening, but that's it! I'm scared. The MD I met today seemed great, but their office has only done about 8-9 procedures so far. One of those was an office employee who showed me her before pictures and was kind enough to drop her pants (literally!) and show me her "now". I must say, I didn't see any dimples (and they were there in her "before" pix). She had procedure 7 weeks ago. I'm scheduled in two weeks for the procedure. Should I continue to meet other MDs who have more procedures under their belt with this? It's newly FDA approved, so the MDs who participate in the clinical trials will have the most experience and those MDs don't have consults open for a month to 6 weeks off. I'm being girly here, but I want it ASAP so I have time to heal and can be in a bikini without covering my ass constantly by 4th of July. Am I being ridiculous? Should I take my time and continue to have other consults and just miss a summer of bathing suits (I live at the beach in the summer, not literally, but I'm there constantly) or can I go with the first MD I met? My husband and I liked her a lot. But is this too good to be true? Help.

spinchick: go see Dr. Nikolov in Beverly Hills, he just did my Cellulaze! Dr. Petti does a free consult vs Dr Nikolov is $250, but that money goes toward the procedure if you have it with him. Dr. Petti is booked pretty far out as she only does Cellulaze consults on Fridays (I had an appt with her I cancelled, which is why I know this stuff) But she was involved with the clinical trials. I've seen some other ladies post about their consults with Dr. Petti in other conversation threads on this website, they didn't describe their particular experiences as great. But her consult is free and it never hurts to get yourself educated.
Has anyone else gone to Dr. Petti? Can you share experience, cost? Would love to hear! Thank you!
Where are you going to get the procedure? How much? I have a consult with Dr. Petti June 8. I want to get full thighs, bum and stomach done. I agree with HereIam....you have seen in person the real results of the doctor. Way better than a picture! If it eases your mind, and you have the time, go to the other consults. Otherwise trust your instinct with this doc!

I did not end up going with Marina Plastic Surgery...

I did not end up going with Marina Plastic Surgery. I had a very bad experience there and was treated really poorly.
AlmostFamousxo 9 Jun 2012
Is it still normal to have swelling at 3 weeks? My one side thigh is def more swollen than the other. I'm going for my 1 month next week but still have minor bruising under my butt so I can't really evaluate my full results since I think I'm still healing but the swelling scares me a bit, it's not horrible but it's there

From a layperson's perspective I wouldn't be too surprised to see swelling still at the 3 week period. I can understand how it would worry you though, especially if it is pretty much only noticeable on the one side. Have you called your doctors office to see if they want to bump up your post-op?? Might not be a bad idea if you're concerned.

I asked a couple of questions in our Q&A section so we could all learn a bit more about what is expected as far as the swelling goes after Cellulaze:

How Long is Swelling Expected to Last After Cellulaze?

Should the Amount of Swelling After Cellulaze Be About the Same on Each Side (Thigh)?

(It usually takes 24-48 hours for the doctors to start posting their opinions)

Allycat: on bad experiences with Dr. Petti, I never was able to find the review but I think it was only one person's remarks. And it was for a consultation only, not a procedure. I have not been able to find anything negative on Dr. Petti so far. And as for her staff, they seem very thorough and on the ball.
Marina Plastic Surgery