Botox in Forehead. Too Much or Wrong for Me (Six Days Post) Glendale, CA

After having about 14 units of Botox in my frown...

After having about 14 units of Botox in my frown lines a month prior (the 11 lines) and with the result looking very natural (I could still frown, move, etc. it just looked softer and less wrinkly -- perfect), I decided to do my upper forehead. Doctor used only about 8-10 units (not sure but not more than 10). By day three, it looked fine though I was a little worried about slightly swollen eyelids. It's now day six and worse. My head feels too tight, my eyebrow position has dropped enough to lose my nice pretty arch and my eyelids seem hooded. My eyes look smaller. I feel nervous with my head this tight -- I hate how it feels. I regret getting the touch up in my upper forehead and should have just left it at the frown lines which looked great. I've been reading that some people just should not get their upper forehead done at all. Or, they should get maybe a couple shots of Botox and that is it. I have lost the lines, so the forehead looks fine, but it's the lowering of the brow and the change of shape in my eyes that is distressing. I feel really sad and down on myself. I'm only at day six and I am hoping this is pretty much the most change. I know it can peak at two weeks. I just want this to stop. A note -- I did this once before, about five months ago and the same thing happened. I actually went for LESS this time, and it happened again. This is why I KNOW I can't tolerate the stuff in my upper forehead. I feel dumb but I voiced my concern to my doc and I thought he was being extra careful. I will keep you posted.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

One week post -- itchy eyes, tight feeling, eyes look werid

I wake up and can barely look in the mirror. My eye shape is still weird. I don't think I look any more swollen but when I glance in the mirror I make sure to open my eyes wider so I don't freak out because they're smaller and hooded. I think mornings are not a good time to look anyway and one should wait until their eyes are less swollen in the first place. I have itchy eyes, a leaden feeling and tight feeling in the head and feel anxiety. I'm sure the anxiety is just from me thinking about it, and not from the Botox itself (I know there are people who think it causes it. I don't. I think obsessing on something that is making your face relax is what causes it) but it's hard to not think about when I can feel this stuff. That's a large problem -- the tightness in the forehead (that really makes me anxious) and the itchiness. If I didn't feel it, I might just forget about worrying about what I look like. When will the tight feeling go away? I have read some people totally FREAKED out on here and I wonder if they're nuts. I feel for them because there is another problem -- if you scrutinize every little thing happening in your face, you're going to start seeing more and more and maybe stuff you never noticed before. When you wake up fearing the worst, you start having a warped perception. I know there is change. I didn't just wake up one day with dysmorphia. And this happened before (boy, I should have learned from the first time -- even with this conservative dose). But I also know I'm being way too hard on myself about something no one one the street would notice. If I get a zit or a rash or my eyes are swollen from being tired or too much salt, I laugh it off. I'm not someone who cares about that kind of thing. But that's just natural living. Having something that's you put in yourself that's gonna stick around for so long makes you feel guilty (who, other than those who've gone through this, are going to feel for you? And why should they?), trapped, and just counting the days. It's not like I look freakish. But I don't look like how I want to look and it's really distressing when your EYES change. That's your eyes! Your eyes are who you. I really, really hope this lets up and relaxes in a month. It took me about a month and a half last time but that time it was the reverse. I had touched up my 11 a month after having my forehead and it froze everything and my forehead dropped. This time I did the opposite, to be safe. Did my 11 line and frown lines a month and two weeks prior (as I said before looked great -- lots of movement -- maybe even too much for some people who do this). And then I touched up my forehead with just two units (!), or so he said, a month later, waited two and a half weeks and had about 6-8 more units. So, 10 to 12 total. I am literally counting back to the time I had the 2-4 units. That will be a month ago in a few days. I have no idea if that little amount will dissipate faster than the second injection and create some relief from this sooner, but maybe? Or does it just build from that one? I would think the latter and it's just two weeks. Now I know if I ever do the forehead again, which is highly unlikely, I should stick to 2-4 units total. Or nothing. I hear this peaks at the two week mark. Never sure what that means. Like it's just working all furiously or it's DONE? I have also read full effects usually, in one week, with everything all stabilized by two weeks. I really really hope nothing else changes after today, the first week mark. I'm not sure if I'm going to go to my doctor for follow up. I'm scared he'll want to do some extra touch ups and I do not want a needle near my face. I'm also afraid he'll wave me off like I'm overreacting and that will make me feel lousy. I think they, even the most experienced and nice ones, get so sick and tired of crazy botox ladies flipping about every little thing. I also think that's uncool because their job is to point out every little thing on your face they can fix. Sometimes problems you never even noticed yourself. It's their business to work on vulnerable women, so, surprise, now she's really vulnerable. If something was a big enough deal to spend money on and fix, it's a big enough deal to be upset when the outcome isn't positive, even if it's not a disaster. We don't spend money on this to have someone say "It's not THAT bad" we do so we feel pretty and refreshed and barely noticeable. I'll keep you posted of my progress. Sorry I haven't posted pictures. I can't deal with taking a photo of myself right now. I did take some yesterday, and I will post them when I'm feeling braver.

One week Post -- Looked

OK. Really looked. Eyes are more hooded today. And more on the right side where he injected a bit more. Very sad:( I hope this doesn't get worse.

Bridget. I'm so sorry! We're all going through this together so let's both hang in there and try to remain calm. It WILL go away. It will. This stuff feels like forever but it IS temporary. I know how distressing this is. This happened to me before and it was better before the three month wear off period. I would say it was all better by two and half months. I went to my doctor even earlier (my regular doctor, not my PS so he was being totally honest) by the two month mark and he said it looked absolutely normal. So, trust me, you are going to get better. Everything I've read states that that bad effect goes away anywhere from 5-8 weeks. Sometimes earlier. That range was about what my experience was. I stopped looking at myself for a month and a half. I did not look in the mirror and I wore glasses. I don't recommend that because it made me really withdrawn. Right now, I'm just trying to think, OK, I have a hooded eye look now. It's not what I want but that's what I have to live with for a while. I've looked up celebrities with hooded eyes (Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Moss etc.) and how they do their makeup and I'm just going for that look. I'm at day 8 and I am praying it doesn't get any worse because it's the first thing I think of when I wake up and I feel really depressed about it. Regret, depressed, not like myself. It's so much deeper than people understand. If it was a bad burn or a bruise -- things that sometimes take a month to heal -- I would be upset but I'd accept it and be OK. But this is our EYES. Our eyes set our face, not just in our looks but our personality. I have bright, big eyes with a lot of expression. Now they look tired and sad, and when I cry (which is a lot), my head can't even crinkle up normally because I've lost so much movement in my forehead. Once I reach the two week mark on Monday, I'm going to stop looking at my eyes so much and focus on my forehead movement. Once that starts moving more, that means the eyes will be raised. I have a major public event in two months. I am PRAYING this is better by then. At least some improvement. I don't know what you do for a living, if you're married, have a boyfriend, etc., but it helps to focus on doing something else for yourself while you wait for this to wear off. When this happened before I read a lot, watched entire seasons of TV I'd never seen, emailed friends. I almost treated it like I was under the weather for a while and did things to comfort myself. Like a very long cold where you stay in, eat soup and watch movies. I had strep throat when I was 19 that lasted an entire month and that's what I did. I also lost some weight, ate better, took care of my skin. Try to work on something else while you wait. I wish I hadn't stupidly done this again but I do remember the day I really looked in the mirror, really studied it (by two and a half months) and saw that it was all better. And guess what? I looked GREAT! My skin was flawless, I was thin, and my eyes were all back to normal with some of the Botox smoothness still present. So, again, TRUST ME. It will get better. It will. And I'm going to remind myself the same thing. Sending you warm vibes.
I can completely understand what you are going through! All your emotions, stress and obsession is a normal reaction to what just happened to you and your face. I experienced a similar situation, I naturally have big eyes and have always been told so... as we age the skin around our brow area tend to sag so I decided to have browlift to lift and remove my frown, the results were wonderful, my brows were lifted and my eyes were brighter and I looked great on pictures. I recieved a handful of treatments with the same great results from Dr 1, then I made a stupid move, I went to a different Dr for my usual touch up, Instead of the nice lift... my eyes and brows weighed heavily and weighed down, my natural eyes were reduced in size I was so devestated, I should have never strayed away from "Dr1". I must have looked up and googled every botox site online including youtube, I obsessed and inspected every muscle in my upper face and looked at a gazillion selfies. I went back to my original Dr who told me that time was the only option. It took me 9 months to finally get it almost back to how it was, I just recieved a browlift from Dr 1 who used to give me that great botox lift but ut is still not 100% where it was at. It will take one more treatment I think. So long story short; don't ever change a good botox regime... or change a good Dr if you are satisfied with the first outcome. Give it time and you will get your fresh face back! I feel with you because I am still not 100% there yet, I am close but not there. In time it will get to where it is supposed to get to but I know how you feel, it is not fun watching your face the way it is after a botox mistake when you know how good it can be or used to be. Hang in there and you will recover!
Thank you! And I'm sorry it took you so long to recover. I bet it looks better than you think because we are so very hard on ourselves. I've been hearing three months or less for this to wear off and I'm hoping that is the case. A note -- I did this once before -- seven months ago and the same thing happened. He used more that time and I thought this small amount would be fine. I don't know WHAT the hell I was thinking. It seems to have dropped more this time too. Why? Just random gravity or did he hit something weird. But that result went away in about two months. THANK GOD. I really really hope this one does too. It was such a small amount that I am in amazement this happened. I don't even have low brows or hooding to begin with and didn't need a brow lift so I seem in the safe zone. It's so distressing and weird. I look older now. My forehead is smooth but who cares? It really makes you understand how FEATURES are more important than a few dumb wrinkles. I'm not doing this again. Not in the forehead. The 11 line? Fine. Great. Nowhere else though. And you hang in there too. Again, it MUST look great now, in your case. I bet you look beautiful. Thanks for the encouragement:)

Eight Days Post -- About the same, went to doctor

OK, I swear I am not going to post every damn day. Well, I might. Anyway, I went to my PS today and he confirmed I had ten units total (I wasn't actually sure). He thought I looked fine but that when you inject there, even in small amounts, it brings down your brow a little. I knew that, but I only thought when you seriously overdo it. I did the totally conservative amount. So, why the hell do people inject there then? And why don't doctor's really look at your face and think, this person might actually NOT benefit from that? I mean, yes, I don't look like a freak or worked on (god, completely the opposite actually -- maybe I should be grateful for that). No one is going to stare at me on the street. But I look sad, tired and my eyes are hooded. I looked in the mirror and just pulled on my skin a tiny bit and, there it was, my normal appearance (I feel like using those old lady straps). I looked happier and younger. Wide eyed! Ugh. Sadness. He reassured me that the dose was small enough that it would start to dissipate faster and I'd be back to that. Oh, god I HOPE SO. He said two weeks but I don't really believe that. I've read 4-6 weeks for my relatively smaller dose. Fingers crossed for the four weeks. I got my eyebrows cleaned up too. Not shaped or anything because dear god what if THAT went wrong? But she cleaned them up and put on powder to make them stronger and more arched. It looks nice. I only hope there is absolutely no more drooping after today. That this is the final result because I cannot deal with any more. Oh, the headaches have gotten better. So that's good. And the tightness in the forehead isn't as bad either.

11 line is back

OK. This is weird and I wonder if it's from the product relaxing even more. The 11 line I treated in mid May is back and I can make frown lines with absolutely no problem. It was harder just two days ago. My doctor didn't think I should touch this up just yet and to wait a month (Other doctors said that if I injected that area it might balance things out). So not only has this relaxed my brow, I have the 11 line back earlier. Or maybe it's wearing off (I only had 14 units there which is apparently not much for that line). Basically, by having a smooth upper forehead I've made myself look tired and angry and older than when I started doing this. This is ridiculous and scary. I mean, what is going to look like tomorrow? This is so scary. If anyone is reading my obsessive updates here, if your skin is slightly slack, are older or if you have even a slightly hooded eye naturally (or if they get that way when tired, etc), DO NOT get any more than 6 units of Botox in your forehead. Or don't get it at all. Listen to me on this.

Nine Days Post

So last night I was freaking out about more swelling. I put my finger on it and it's pretty stupid -- I had my brows done. I had them threaded, in fact, which was painful and added a lot of stress to my skin. I should have thought about that but I doubt that will actually break anything down the way Botox does. So this morning they are still a little tender and I'm going to assume last night's extra swelling was from THAT (I have incredibly sensitive skin). I'm trying to not have my mind wander into thinking that THAT could have made the Botox worse (it's not actually IN my damn eyelids and brows after all, it's just relaxing everything) so today I'm going to ice and just let those settle. She did where my 11 line is too (I didn't even know I had any hair there) so I think that's why I was seeing all of this raised skin and a weirder line and indent. It feels stingy and my eyes are watering. Odd because yesterday I went out, got my brows done, went to the MAC store and bought makeup. didn't feel as bad! It was a little upswing to all of this. So I didn't really look at my eyes today. I DID look at my forehead. Lots of movement in my frown lines -- I had those done May 15. Either the stuff is dissipating faster (which would be GREAT because that means the stuff in my forehead will start to move by month one) or the forehead descent has made it worse (which would SUCK). I have some lines in my upper forehead but very few. I have to strain to raise my brows and when I do I have this surprised look and these creases across my mid brow. That seems about the same as yesterday so I'm going to hope (HOPE) the Botox has peaked. I'm really tempted to talk to another doctor about re-treating the frown lines to see if that raises anything, but I should probably just wait the two weeks or maybe a month.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

OK -- looked again. WORSE.

The newest is swelling in the corner of my eyes closer to my nose. It's swelled over the regular line where I apply eyeliner. It wasn't like that yesterday. This is one of the worst types of swelling because it's hard to put on makeup and it really makes your eyes look smaller. Also, like I might have an allergy. It's worse on the right side. I had decided that, fuck it, life is too short and I'm going to drive to the beach by myself and just enjoy looking at other things besides myself. I thought I could slap on some makeup and go. That's when I noticed the eyes. I'm so bummed. Why would my inner corners swell up so much? I had that for a few days from allergies. Guess I'm going to have it for weeks and weeks. PLEASE GOD let this be the last of it. No more drooping or swelling. I can't believe these change happen every day and at this late of a point. I thought I'd seen the worst by week one.

Hi, The inner corner of the eye is the most important part of the eye to be lifted. Inner eye swelling is the worst. Mine is not peaking well either....:(. I have another back up plan ... but upset I spent $450 on this.

!0 days post

Still swollen like yesterday. Inner eye, upper lid. But it doesn't appear worse. One thing that's worse is the swelling from getting my eyebrows threaded. I have red marks and swelling under my brows! THAT was a smart move when I'm totally freaked out about my stupid eyes. Since I have such sensitive eyes, I'm going to assume some of the upper swelling is from that. There is actually a collection of red dots from where she pulled the hair. Dear lord. Getting my eyebrows threaded was more painful than the Botox injection. Anyway, just going to hang in. I hope this is the END of this. No more weird swelling, please. I can live with this if it just stays like this. I'm not happy about it, but there is not much I can do but wait... Time! Heals all wounds and... Botox mistakes.

I am going to give it the full 2 weeks before I call and tell them that I am disappointed. I waited all that time and drove all the way up there and spend money on day care. I will express my concerns after next friday, next friday will be its fullest peak. I have another Dr in mind.

11 Days post

Everything is pretty much the same. Swollen lids, dropped brow. I am noticing that my 11 line is still there. I think I had a low enough dose (14 units in mid may) that I could benefit from getting that re-treated. I'm scared though. Will that make it worse? Or, will just about five units in the glabella, etc. actually just make this whole thing go away? It could actually raise it. I hate this. I've had enough Botox in my forehead to cause this unfortunate brow drooping but I've still had a conservative dose and a really conservative does in the area that RAISES the brow. I think my doctor wants me to just chill the hell out for a bit before I start injecting more stuff in there, and at first, I didn't want a needle near my face. But now I'm wondering if I need a second opinion. Maybe another doc could just fix it all up. ARGH.

Goldenthings74: What are you going to do? I am thinking of seeing another doctor as well. I only had 14 units in the glabella nearly two months ago. I keep wondering if a few more there would just raise my forehead back up. For goodness sake, I only had 10 units. It's too much for me and everyone is different but, still. I'm not frozen. I have movement, though it is harder to raise my brows and I HATE THAT feeling. I also hate knowing that THAT feeling is what is making everything low. I'd much rather have the lines. And, truly, I barely had any. I have them when I make expressions, but nothing has become static yet. Probably why I don't need much there. Good luck! Let me know what you decide or do. Curious!

Day 12

I was really bummed all day yesterday. My eyes were worse. It really is working a little more every day, bit by bit. Horrifying because each line that fades means my brow is drooping more and all that extra skin is sagging around my eyes. I keep calling it swelling but it's not -- it's drooping -- which is terrible because at least you can ICE swelling. I've been going out and not hiding -- I forcing myself to. I feel less secure but no one can tell other than maybe I look tired. Last time this happened I stayed inside for two months. I DIDN'T even look in the mirror two months. It was interesting to just never put on makeup. I just took care of myself in every other way, I even got really healthy and my skin was fabulous (I really improved my skin washing, moisturizing and no makeup) and just let time do its thing. I wore sunglasses when I went outside. It was more for me. So I didn't do what I'm doing now. STARE at myself every day and obsess. It was indeed gone by those two months and it was all like a long nightmare. I finally went out with a friend and just told them. They made me look in the mirror and it was all better. I even looked better than I ever had because I had taken such good care of myself. I'm trying to remember that moment. Two months is a long time but it can go by pretty fast. And faster if you stop obsessing and do something else. OK, so that was then. This is day 12. It's the same and dammit, it just can't get any worse! It can't. I'm still not sure about going to the doctor. I've made an appt for the 12th of July with an eye specialist PS. He'll at least know pretty much how long this will last AND if he can do any tiny thing to fix it.

11 Days post further in the morning

OK. Looked. SO MUCH WORSE. How can this be? It's not just hooded in the inner corner but all around my eyes and there's extra skin folded under my brows. The eye shape looks completely different. I tried to put on eye makeup and I had to pull the skin up from my eyelids. From 10 units of Botox. 10 fucking units. 10. I am not only remorseful this morning but fucking angry. At myself and my doctor who should have known better based on last time. This is WORSE than last time. Just three days ago, I was actually accepting the hooding. Not THAT bad. Hooded eyes. Some people have them. This looks like I have an eye allergy now. Can the Botox just please STOP working? PLEASE. I am so sad. I might actually do what I did before. Stop looking and do something else for the next two months. My eyes are my best feature. Well, they were. Again, anyone reading this. BE VERY CAREFUL about Botox in the forehead. I keep reading people on here getting 20 units. I had ten and this is what happened. If you have any eye hooding ever at all in your entire life from youth to adulthood. DON'T get Botox in your forehead. If I can do anything but feel like crap about myself, it's to warn others to study that area carefully before having that stuff shot up there. Doctors need to warn people too. My doctor is really experienced and he didn't explain this to me. And the good ones, they all know this complication. They just don't study the face enough to see if you're a candidate for that type of problem. If my doctor had, I would NEVER have done this again...

I just read this Tessa, lol! I know how you feel....in my case, the brows are lifted but the inner corner of the eyelid is being hindered from fully opening because either not enough lift in the glabellar region to the ratio of the browlift OR he focused more on the on top of the inner edge of the brow which is now pushing into the eyelid causing a droop??? either way... dissapointing and suprised considering the previous good work. I am excited to meet my new Dr.
Inject the glabellar area will lift the center between the eyebrows... in turn will lift the eyelids and open up the eyes. I think there is still hope for you to fix this since you still can move and make a frown! let me know how it goes...?
Thanks! Yeah. My glabella has total movement. I can definitely scowl and frown. That is really my problem area, not my forehead, and yet he put 14 units in the glabella and 10 in the forehead! I'm only worried that if the forehead is too frozen, there's not much lift that can happen, even if I do the glabella. But maybe a little? Also, I've heard about doing the sides near the end of the brows? I've never done that either. I have to say, the glabella treatment on its own was wonderful. My eyes never looked better and I didn't even need to shape my brows. I am hoping my doctor will really know what to do and/or how long I should wait. It's possible since I did the glabella May 15, just enough has worn off where he could touch up? Or, I could wait another month and it should all be gone by then... I'm impatient! I don't want to wait. I want this to be fixed! Your issue sounds complicated but fixable. I have heard that if they get to close to the brow, that wears off faster. That happened to a friend of mine and she said it went away in two weeks. But aren't there just a few tweaks that could fix your issue? What is with these doctors? I'm excited you got a new doc too. Keep me posted!

12 Days Post (I put 11 above on accident) WORSE

Wow. It can get worse just through the day? Because it is worse. Dammit! On July 2nd I was a bit sad, but I wasn't as devastated. I even took pictures and sent them to friends who knew nothing and they thought they were beautiful! I thought, OK, I am just rocking this Jennifer Lawrence hooded eye thing. Now, it's sagging. SAGGING. So by Monday at 4 PM, it will be a full two weeks. And then... GO THE HELL AWAY hooded weird lids. As I noted before, I have an appt on Friday. If he says to wait a month, I'm going to leave the city and stay with my parents. They don't care what I look like. I just can't be obsessing like this. It's bad for my mental health. God, Botox is not to be trifled with. A few units more, a few in the wrong place and months of insecurity.

I'm going through exactly the same thing. June 16, I had 200 units of Botox for migraines all over my head and neck. My neurologist put 35 units of forehead injections (7 sites) up close to my hairline because we weren't sure how my face would handle it and I told him I didn't want to look grouchy for 3 months. Over the course of two weeks my face was changing daily and it wasn't pretty. My brows drooped and my upper lids appeared baggy and virtually covered my eyelids. My left eye is closed more than my right, but the right has an odd, pronounced fold of baggy skin. To put on eye makeup I have to pull my brows up. The area at the top of my nose and the inner eye appears enlarged. I liken the look to a lioness. It's very depressing. I thought about having my hair cut with bangs to maybe camouflage this mess but then in 3 months, I'll have the bangs and won't be happy about that. Thankfully, it's summer so I can wear sunglasses a lot until it wears off. I see my neuro for a follow up in about a week. I can assure you, I'm not letting him near my face again with those needles. Hang in there, I've been obsessing about this too. You aren't alone.
35 units all in your forehead? Did he put any in between your brows (the glabella)? And for your frown lines? Or was it all in your forehead? If he didn't put any in your glabella, I would inquire about working on that to see if it does anything. But I would ask another doctor. I'm sorry you're going through this. I went through this once before and it WILL go away. And it will go away sooner than the three month mark. You'll see improvement by the first month and a lot more by the second. I know all about the glasses -- I wore them too. Good luck. You'll get better sooner than you think!
Hi civ, sorry to hear this. I won't give up my botox because I know how good it can look when done proparly, but I may go elsewhere. Goid luck to you... the good thing about botox is that it is temporary, in three months it will disipate, even sooner, but it's the waisted money and anguish that is the issue, added stress and time.

14 Days

It's my 14 day mark. They look worse, which is a real bummer. And it looks worse on the left side, which is odd since it looked worse on the right side yesterday. The inner eye swelling. And the upper eyelids hanging low. And my brows. I'm so damn sad about it. What a horrible feeling -- you cannot stop it. You know it's going to go away but everyone's different and how soon? As long as it doesn't get worse. Again, I have to remember last time, it was about two months. And it was better by six weeks. I have an appt. on Friday with a different doc. I am not sure what he can say or do. If he suggests any fixes, I'm going to be terrified to try them. Again, I may just go home. Here's one thing that might make some of you feel better. Look up celebrities with hooded eyes. There's a lot out there and they're gorgeous. We feel weird because we don't normally have them or they're worse, but I just saw a picture of Kate Moss without makeup and they were hooded like crazy. And Jennifer Lawrence is really hooded. The most famous model and the biggest movie star in the world have incredibly hooded eyes. God. They better never get Botox in their foreheads.

The tape works great to go out in public...but I agree. We shouldn't have to use any remedy after investing so much money!! Sad thing is unless you wear a hat people wonder why you have scotch tape on your forhead. And I cannot wear a hat my desk job! I see absolutely NO improvement after 5 weeks. I'm told it will be gradual, not fast. That is depressing because my birthday was a bust and my summer is ruined!

14 Days -- another update

Here's one nice thing, though it has nothing to do with how I look. I don't have that leaden head feeing anymore. And I don't have headaches. I don't feel quite as trapped in my head either (I was feeling panic) though I'm anxious and filled with dread every day. That's just based on regret and the fear of looking in the mirror and seeing something worse. My eyes DO itch, and especially in the corner closer to my nose where there's inner swelling. At least my head feels somewhat normal. Though I hate how it feels to strain to raise my brow. I can feel every muscle in my head and neck compensate to move them. That's not good. But I can move my eyebrows up and down. A doctor said to do this for like, five minutes every day, five times a day to work the muscle. That makes sense because if I started doing crunches every day, my stomach muscles would get stronger. However, I don't have botox in my stomach so many that's just B.S. Argh. I will keep you further posted. I do hope this is helping a few more people out there.

Tessa...if you had not shared your story I probably would have jumped in front of a train. :( Thank you for explaining to the world so eloquently exactly what I'm suffering. I look like an evil witch, have for 5 weeks now, and so wish I could just have my 11 ' s back. It's terrible being single, needing a social life desperately, investing $$$ you can't afford, and hiding in your home for months ... because your investment simply backfired and now you look so scarey!!
Sandra: I'm so sorry you're so distressed. It will go away. I try to think of this like when I had Mono for a month and a half as a teenager. I was tired all the time and allowed to look like crap because I was sick! But I didn't despair. I just let my body heal. And your body will heal. Don't be so hard on yourself! I bet you don't look like an evil witch. One thing I know, most women who do this often have higher standards when it comes to their looks. You're used to that, so you're being extra hard on your pretty face. You can email me whenever you want. I know that isolated feeling. And that anger (and guilt -- I feel guilty too) about spending money to wind up feeling less confident. And as much as I'm saying, I bet you look better than you think (and I'm sure you do) I totally GET it. We didn't spend money and put our faces in these people's hands so they could say "Oh, it's not as bad as you think." We did so they'd go "You look FANTASTIC!" And mostly so we'd look in the mirror and go, "Wow. I look refreshed and good!" If you bought a face cream from a nice dept store and broke out in a rash, they'd let you return it. They wouldn't say "It's not that bad." Ugh. So I get it. That being said, you are going to look a lot better really damn soon. And if you need to private message me, please do. You'll be out socializing and dating and all of that! You will. Please be kind to yourself. You deserve it!
To both of you Tessa and Sandra and civ, by Fall we will hopefully look back at this post with our fresh happy faces, thanking God we survived this awful ordeal!

Day 15

OK. I think this is pretty much what it's going to look like for a few months. I hope. No MORE! Hopefully the drooping around my eyes will get better through the weeks. I am not happy, but I'm going to accept it as best I can. I actually just looked at myself -- no makeup -- in the mirror -- not inspecting closely -- and I could see all of the problems, but I tried to focus on the positive. My eyes are still bright, my skin looks good, my forehead looks good (it damn well better given what I'm dealing with) and no one is going to REALLY notice anything is wrong. Maybe I look tired, my eyes aren't as wide and they look a bit swollen. They even look kind of sunk back in my head (this is the exact same thing I noticed at the two week point last time). I am going to live with this because there's not much else I can do. I'm going to try to not inspect too closely (though it's hard when you wear eye makeup). I will keep you posted on the progress. This might be a slight up moment for me, so who knows. I might feel devastated tomorrow. It's so frustrating... I'm not even sure if I'm going to see the doc on Friday. I kind of want to just pretend this isn't happening...

Day 15 -- a few more notes

It's interesting. I've been looking at doctor's before and after pictures of women who have been treated in their forehead and any of the women who are over 35, it seems, and especially older, have brow descent in their after picture. Almost all of them. It's slight and something I wouldn't notice if I wasn't dealing with it, but unless they are young OR if they've been treated properly between the forehead and the glabella, their (usually) already hooded eyes are even more hooded. It's not really a great look, but not terrible (not doctor is going to show someone looking like they need to use tape straps). Looking at women who only had their 11 line done, or clearly a super, super minor dose for the forehead along with the 11 -- they ALL look great. Eyes wider, forehead less frozen, lovely brows, happier. I honestly don't think women should even get the forehead treated and if so, NO MORE than maybe 6 units. I don't think it's worth it. If you have strong static lines there from lifting your brows (which I don't have yet), use Belotero or something. The fact that we have lines there from lifting our brows is what is making it drop because, we need that muscle! Man. Have I learned a lot about forehead anatomy. So, that's a positive. I guess.

Golden: Yes! Look, we've probably all had a shitty summer before. This is especially bad, but think of how much better we'll feel in one to two to three months -- and no later. My boyfriend dumped me one summer and I was a wreck for two damn months. I wasn't sleeping, wasn't eating, crying all the time. I looked like CRAP. People were coming up to me all concerned. This botox is like some creep that's sticking around and we're gonna kick his ass to the curb -- soon. So, let's just remember that. And again, everyone be nice to themselves. Stop looking. Watch a good movie. Read a good book. Exercise. Think of how awesome we will feel when we're in shape and healthy AND our brows are back to normal? We will look better than ever. I did the first time this happened. You all will too!
Thank you Golden...I have definitely had shitty summers before. Ive recovered from serious illnesses and been reclusive for years because of them (enough bouts that my life should be over any more drama). I'm just depressed because missing 3 months of living while hiding out in my house is the LAST thing I want to do. Sooooo been there done that already. The fear that this might be a permanent witch face has REALLY got me down. My eyes look like a mean old HOOT OWL..I'm swearing off botox forever. No more recuperating, life is too short!! But I am so pleased to hear such positive feedback from you and Tesssa. It does give me hope that it's not permanent.
For some reason my password doesn't work...so I cannot email you privately, Tesssa :(

Day 16

So, I definitely noticed that my eyes are more swollen all around the upper lids. The corner are a little better, but the hooding and dropping is there Yep. The emotions and fear are all over the place. I went to my doctor for the two week assessment and he confirmed -- yep -- that's what's going on. He tried to talk me into treating the glabella and frown lines (which are quite active), that two months had passed since I did it before and it could lift my brows up. You know. I believe him that it would. But I was so scared to do anything, I just could not do it. He was trying to talk me into it -- that I would wind up feeling better -- but I was so nervous. I asked, maybe I should just wait for all of this to wear off and never do the forehead again? He seemed a little annoyed with me. I don't like being rushed. If he thought I was overreacting, I could understand his frustration with me, but he confirmed what he saw. He's nice and a pro and I know he means well by me, but I'm going to my second opinion on Friday. An eye doctor who does plastic surgery -- only for the eyes. I hate that I'm going to have to spend so much more money (my doctor's follow ups are free of charge -- as they should be) but I want to talk to someone who REALLY looks at my face, how my eyes move and what is the best course of action. If a doctor works on eyes all day, he's gonna know better. It's really like choosing a specialist over your GP. I'm nervous to see him too, but I'm hoping he can start a plan for me to either fix it, or just wait it out and give me a real time frame. His receptionist was really nice, talked to me for some time and assured me he is an absolute expert and will take the time to address my concerns. I know they all say that, but she said she'd never go to a regular PS for Botox if you're EVER concerned about your eyes and eye hooding. I wish I could go today. I'm eager to see what he says or does. I'll let you know.

Sandra: Oh, god, I know. As I wrote in my update, I went in for my two weeks followup and it feels like it's been a month of hell already for me. He tried to touch me up, but I was too scared. I'd rather wait than risk something ELSE happening. I am going for a second opinion on Friday though. Have you sought out one yet? You're halfway there. I'll let you know how it is seeing the doc who only specializes in eyes -- maybe he'll have some better tips, advice and maybe he can make a little fix. THAT scares me, but an eye doctor should know... Take care!
Hi, Tesssa! I actually did see a second opinion (a true botox specialist) a few weeks after my initial disappointment. He told me I'd be seeing improvement before now. :( He was also very aware I was not going to allow any more Botox ( I had two attempts within that first 10 days...and the second only made it worse) and I have a real bad impression of this stuff. It's bad enough to wait for 4-7 days to even see what it's going to do to you...then you wake up one day to see the UGLY face you are stuck with for months. I look forward to hearing what your new eye specialist tells you. Good luck!
Sandra: I'm sorry! What was the second attempt, if you don't mind me asking? Did they try to fix the brow descent? That's what my doc tried to do today and I backed away, scared of any complication. What if he injects too close to my brow and it droops even more? But at least you had it done in a ten day window. That means it's all going to wear off the same time. OK. So you've gone through a month and a half about. Maybe it's taking you a little longer, but I am SURE it'll be a lot better in a month. Remember, there's a reason women freak out and get this stuff done every three months, complaining it doesn't last long enough. Thank you for the good vibes. I hope that appointment goes well too:)

Day 17

I'm really sad today. They look worse. Is it still taking effect? The eyes are hooded for sure, but even worse they look kind of swollen and sunken in. The hooding was different, I didn't like it, but it was something I could actually work with by week one. I looked kid of sultry. This looks weirder and just... I don't even know. Not me. My stomach and heart sank when I looked in the mirror. And I waited until later in the day, not when I first get up and my eyes are always kind of swollen. I only had ten units total -- and four of them spanned from two weeks prior. Wouldn't he know six more would be too much? WHY did this happen to me? And why did I do this again? Well, for one thing, I thought he was putting in half as much. On June 2nd, he put in four units. Apparently that is all I EVER need -- EVER -- because I looked fine with that. I keep thinking about how I almost cancelled my appt, the last one. And I so regret that I didn't. I have a big event in two months and though it went away last time, what if it takes longer this time? I'm getting really low. I have an appt with another doc tomorrow but I'm now terrified of that too. I have a big meeting next week. I don't want to look in the mirror to put on makeup because it just makes me so down on myself. I actually went out twice earlier this week and I was fine. I spruced myself up and felt OK. How could it get even worse since freaking Tuesday? TUESDAY. Two days ago and one day past my four week mark. I'm crying right now. I hate this. I want my old eyes back:(

Hey Friends: Does anyone have any advice about going for a followup? As per my last update, I am really scared and sad. I am now so scared of doctors touching my face. Do you think I should wait a month? Just endure this for a month? Or, if my second opinion says he can do some tweaks tomorrow (he is an EYE expert, he only does cosmetic eye surgery so he understands the anatomy and pitfalls of Botox) should I do them? Because you know what will happen? I will be FREAKING out for two weeks again. Bad if it does nothing but just tighten my forehead even more. Worse if it actually makes the brow droop and hooding worse. GREAT if it actually works. But that seems too easy. Time seems like the best thing. Anyway, it sounds like some of you had followup with more Botox and that was a mistake. What do you think. I'm so bummed right now. I just cancelled going to a MAJOR cool event bc of this.
Tesssa...I found it to be a mistake. My second opinion doc told me that I should just wait it out ...and he assured me by 8 weeks I would look good again. This is week 6. yesterday I thought I saw a tiny light at the end of the tunnel and actually felt like I looked s little better. I was so excited because I finally noticed a slight change. However today I look bad again...so I guess what I mean is everyday is different. Some days we look better and for some reaon... other days we do look worse. I'm so sorry for us both!!
Sandra: Thank you. I'm sorry you're still feeling bad. Those past days, without Botox, I had my ups and downs. Sometime my eyes would look tired. Sometimes bright. It just depended on my sleep, health, allergies, whatever. With Botox, it just makes it so much WORSE because the muscles are weakened. On the days you feel better, I'm sure you DO look better. Just like on your good days pre-Botox. So just remember that. And for you, at this long of time out, you HAVE to be improving. I can't wait to hear you really see it all change. I'm trying to remember when mine went back to normal and I was so damn HAPPY! I just can't get to that place now and I'm shocked I put myself through this AGAIN. Even with the knowledge it will go away (last time I was terrified it would remain for like six months), I'm even more paranoid it seems. What if the second time around has made it build up more in my body? The first time it just went out fast! But maybe this time it won't? And if I do a touch up, yeah, what if that worsens it? I do think the best option is to actually wait for the lines to return. It's hard though, ya know? What if the doc tomorrow really assures me he can do a slight fix up? It's just too risky... WHEN is someone going to invent the reverse for Botox? I've heard of people getting to much filler and they get it dissolved out. What a relief that must be! Thank you again for your advice. I'm gonna try to keep myself together tonight. I'm just so upset.

Day 18 -- Second opinion

I went to my second opinion. The eye expert who has been doing Botox for eyes for years. I left feeling nervous and sad and jus sick of all this. He said that, indeed, there had been some brow drooping. I showed him pictures of my face and eyes before I ever got Botox and he said the brows were lower, yes. He said I had a lot of movement in my forehead, which was good, but, and here's the bummer, that didn't matter. 10 units is conservative (he says he uses 8-15 today depending on the person) but if it's placed wrong, it can cause the drooping and that will take three months to wear off:( He said by month two it should be a lot better, but don't expect much the first month. Since I'm already heading into my third week, I would think he's probably correct. He DID say that he could inject two units each on the lateral part of my brows, closer to the temple, and that would lift things up. That my brows would look better and the droop would improve. I gotta say... in spite of his experience. I was terrified to do something else. I asked him questions about what could go wrong if we did that and he said the worse was it could make my eyebrows too lifted (at least he was honest). He doubted that would happen because it rarely happens to him. I told him I was nervous and he said, "then you should wait until September and we can treat you then. Just wait this out. But again, if you want a nice fix NOW, I can do this." I said I needed to think about it and made an appt for Wed. to get the treatment. I am so TORN, what should I do? I'm going to spend the weekend researching the type of lift he was discussing, and hear the absolute worst that could happen. I'm also going to my regular doctor on Monday as I am SICK with a cold and flu now, probably from all of this stress. I'm going to tell him and ask if he really see's any goddamn difference and if I should just leave this the hell alone. He'll be honest. I see what the guy is saying, I went into the bathroom and lifted where the Botox would lift -- it looked better. I drove home and looked at my eyes, makeup free, in the mirror and thought... they are not that bad. The doc said I didn't look worked on or over tired or shitty, he just said you def have lowered brows and hooding. But, again, even HE was surprised I would have this affect from just the 10 units and given how much movement and lines I can still make in my brow. You're supposed to drop because you're frozen. What is wrong with me? And where is my other doc injecting that is making this worse? Anyway, wish me luck as I wrestle with this decision.

Tesssa...my 6th week has made a difference. Slight, but enough that I can go out in public and feel normal again. I would be like you and fear making things worse. We've all seen people over botoxed! If you can steam your face often...give it three more weeks! But whatever you decide, I'll support you. Just remember one week ago I was almost ready to jump in front of a train because I felt so ugly! If you maneuver your face just a little...you see what a TINY improvement can make. It will start to relax enough soon and you will see that. My fear is you starting over with more injections three weeks into your recovery.
Thanks for answering me again. It was so tempting yesterday. He said he'd use just only 2 units on each side ( I asked, can you use just one unit? --- He said that wouldn't do much). But he wasn't pushy, he could tell I was nervous and said it would be fine in a few months and we could wait. Whatever I wanted. He didn't charge me. That was cool. But the problem with getting a second opinion is they want your business. When I showed my previous pictures, he was like, "Oh yeah... your brows are lower than in their natural state" and then when I showed him a picture of my treatment, just in the frown lines (which I liked) before the forehead shots he said "Oh, but it's uneven." I was like, "It is? Where? I think it looks good." As much as I scrutinize my face, I could not see what the hell he was talking about. I was like, "Maybe my brows are just naturally uneven -- whenever I've had my brows plucked they've told me that." He agreed that oh, yes, that could be NORMAL. He also noticed a tiny skin tag on my brow. "You must not like that." He said. I said I'd never even NOTICED IT. He said he could remove it. I said, "Nah... if I've never seen it, I don't care." He seemed surprised I didn't care. But that's his job, noticing everything on the eyes. Anyway, he said I don't look bizarre or BAD (which was nice) but confirmed my prior prettier arch was more desirable and his little fix would lift the brow and eyelid skin a bit. UGH! My big fear is that he'll do the brows and then they'll shoot up on the side. I should listen to my worries and leave it the hell alone. I don't trust anyone!
Excuse me, correction: He said my brows were HIGHER in their natural state...

Day 19 -- what freaks me out

This picture of Nicole Kidman. I like her. I think she's a great actress and beautiful when she chills out on the Botox. But I can see she did that lift to the lateral brow. And it looks creepy. It actually makes her eyes look more hooded too. My primary PS wanted to re-inject in my 11 line to do a nice lift (which worked well the first time w/out anything in the frontalis) this new person just wants to do the lateral brow. Oh, and, if Nicole is walking around the red carpet like this, I think we should all stop beating ourselves up.

Day 19 -- OMG

Dear lord, Nicole! Now that i've become an amateur expert, methinks she is FREEZING her forehead (and everything else) and then getting those lifts to compensate for the brow drooping (how could it NOT? She's in her late 40s now) and her brows become sinister. I know this is NOT what my doc wants and I've never looked like this, but I'm just trying to remind myself what Botox looks like when everyone KNOWS you had Botox. I think that would be more mortifying. No one would ever think I had a damn thing done. I have to remember this.

Exactly. ..keep in mind that we could always always always look worse than we are right now. Waiting is hard ...but starting over again in that long hard wait because you maybe got worse with MORE work done would be horrendous. You think you're mad at yourself now! Your next 3 weeks will go by and you'll feel so much better!
You're right. I mean, my god. This stuff is supposed to be so "safe" and I'm talking to people I've researched and have been doing this for years. High ratings, real doctors, no med spa. I'm starting to wonder if people who only do injectables, maybe they're better than super high end plastic surgeons. If that's all you do all day, you're going to be better at it. Not that I'm getting that stuff anywhere near my forehead ever again... And thank you for the positive words! I'm SO glad you're doing better!
I am! Either that or I'm just getting used to this frown face. No...the change is very subtle. But it is enough to know I'm getting some kind of improvement. Just a few more weeks Tesssa!

Three Weeks

So... I've read good and bad abut injected in the crow's feet (something I never wanted to do before). Apparently, it can lift the lateral brow, but (oh boy) it can also cause BAGS under the eyes if over dosed or placed improperly. Oh yeah, that's just what I need. Now, the second opinion doc said that he'd only use 2 units each side, which seems like nothing, but then that's just in one little spot. If he was zapping out my crow's feet, he'd use four to six on each side (so I've read from other docs). So that might not be a good idea since they don't use too much there anyway. There's so many varied ideas about this with doctors. Either too much is places at the crow's feet or WORSE, if other places are relaxed it can just cause everything to relax creating the eye bag. So, um. No. I'm not doing it. The last thing I need is a damn EYE bag. Or, worse, waking up every morning for two weeks WORRIED I'm going to have an eye bag. I'm listening to Saundra below. I'm just being honest with my back and forth curiosity about treating this. It's like trying to fix a bad haircut. Just let it GROW. Let it grow...

I was horrified to read your story but glad you wrote it. I had Botox in my eyelids a couple weeks ago for Blephrospasm. Two days later i felt a tugging on my one eye lid thinking it was working and pulling my eyes open and was quite excited. NOT. That is not what it was doing. All of a sudden I had a droopy eyelid and couldn't even open my eye. I've already made up my mind that I am not having anything to do with Botox again. Lie you described, my forhead is tight and I din't even have it in the forehead and I also had headaches. I called the doctor and he said the only thing that resulted from Botox was the droopy eyelid and that is a risk you take. He had me lay down for the injection and I read that you are supposed to be sitting upright during and for 3-4 hours after as it can increase this happening. He blew his chances of getting the money for future Botox injections. They will have to come up with another way to treat my Blephrospasm because this ain't it. I think my eye is opening more but they fell so tired. I also have been using eye masks that you heat in the microwave and feel it is helping.
I am so sorry to read your story....... 20 years ago I had surgical blepharoplasty (my family has the swollen eyelids and under eye bags) and have been fine ever since. This was my first stint with Botox, after knowing friends that have had it done. However, it is NOT for me.........I know it is poison. The experience has been very traumatic, and I would rather have my deep furrowed 11's in my forehead any day! Keep up with the heat and steam. I feel it might be helpful to regenerate the nerve activity. I could be wrong, but it doesn't hurt anything, in fact it is very relaxing!
Lucky: I'm so sorry about your Botox mishap. Since I've researched this enough, I have learned that your complication can go away a lot faster than the frozen forehead. There are also drops that can be prescribed to help open up the eye. I'm sure you've looked on here for some answers. Your doctor sounds like a jerk."It's the risk you take"?! Well, yeah, there's a lot of risks, but that is due to an improper injection and he should be nicer about it. Again, though, I've read that getting those drops and using Visine helps a lot. I've also heard that complication getting better by a few weeks. Don't fret! It goes away and you will not have the droopy eye for the duration of the treatment. In your case, I would get a second opinion to see if you can get those drops. That your doctor didn't discuss this with you makes them pretty negligent. Let us know how you're doing! Hang in there. If you notice it opening up a bit more, I'll bet it is! Take care.

Three weeks and two days -- I was almost bad

I went back to my doctor today. He actually charged me this time, I think he is getting so tired of me. I just wanted him to assess everything as it's been over three weeks now. He told me, again, re-treat the glabella as that's been two months and was under-treated in the first place, and a little at the lateral brow to even it all out. Oh god. OK. Now, based on everything I've read this sounds RIGHT. But I. Just. Could. Not. Do. It. So what do I do? Well, I remembered that last week, in my freak out, I had made ANOTHER appt with another doctor, to have him check it out. I decided, what the hell, it's no charge, he'll take a look (I have been lucky with the no charges -- and my doc only charged me 25 bucks for the visit). This guy said, treat the lateral brow. He could re-treat the glabella but if I don't want to, he won't. Treat more of the crow's feet (I told him I didn't want that). He also said my previous doctor did not properly inject me in the forehead and that the lines I have in the middle, are not natural looking (he's right, those are not how my forehead lines look.... but no else really knows that save for me or a doc). He said he would treat that. NO!!! I said, no effing way are you touching my forehead. I asked, will that raise my brow? He said, No, it'll just look better. I told him I don't give a rat's ass if I have some extra lines there and am glad to have them, even if they look kind of weird. So he dropped that. But he really wanted to treat the lateral brow. He insisted on 2.5 units per side. I said, what about 2 (hey, I'm fucking nervous you know?). He said, no, I only do 2.5-5. OK. That bugged me. I showed him pictures of me before I ever had this done and he said, you will look just like this -- I assure you. Your brows will be back to normal if I do this little tweak. He was so confident, I almost did it but... then I thought he was TOO confident. I didn't do it. And then I made an appt for the next day. Seriously. I need an intervention. Why do I keep doing this? I think I want a doctor to just tell me to GO HOME and chill. The only doctor who did was the eye specialist. He said he'd treat the lateral brow, but if I was tripping out this much, just wait it out and let it go... it's not a disaster. I almost want to go back to HIM and have him do it. He seems like the only sensible person. But I shouldn't do it! No! What is going on with me today? Oh, and update. The hooding is better. Not so terrible. I can look in the mirror and not freak out. I'm now just focusing on the dropped brow. I can deal with a little hooding. The brow, though. The brow! ARGH!

Yes...in your case the drops I'm told are a little pricey and weren't for my problem (Iopodine) however, Tesssa is right. For your type of eyelid issue is what it helps (the muscle to open the lid). My problem is the brows pressing my eyes down...not the lids themselves. Keep us posted!
Oh, good! Yes, we need to stick together. You are really helping me. And did you read my update?! I went back!! I'm obviously so freaked out and I want my doctor to help me. Or any doctor. I was driving back today after talking to two different docs, and not doing anything and thinking., remember what Sandra told you? You've helped me to not make another attempt. Even when I weaken and go see another doc, I have your "DON'T DO IT" in the back of my mind. It stops me in my tracks! So, thank you, thank you! I'm so glad it's looking better! That is so encouraging to hear!
I'm not 70 ...but at 62 all I wanted was a relaxed brow. I never asked to look younger. But what I got was UGLY. Enough for me to realize it is not a good thing and I'm 6 weeks into recovering from a stupid mistake.

One more thing

That doc I saw today. In the shuffle of showing him pictures of me before Botox, and after, I showed him a picture from last week. I had makeup on and was in good lighting and a good angle and looked fine. I didn't say when it was taken. He said, "That's pretty!" And I said, "That was last week..." He then said, "Oh I can really see the hooding." Hmm... really? Could he? I mean, it's a damn picture on my iPhone but, still. I'm not going back to him.

Well...I do belive we are on the mend. I was absolutely crazed for 5 weeks. You remember, I'm sure! But I finally got a subtle change, and yours is coming. I just know it, Tesssa. Mine is still some days better than others...but I honestly have learned so much from this horrible face I had for too long. I honestly feel so vane. I know other people suffer much worse disfigurements. But this was MY own naivete and vanity that made me do to myself. So now I'm scotch taping my 11s for when I go to sleep at night. Works even better than those Frownies you buy. I'm going Natural from now on. I should buy stock in scotch tape!

Three weeks four days -- and counting!

Update. I'm really OK with the eye hooding now. It's improved already and when I wear makeup, they don't look tired or small anymore. I still have the hooding, but it's not like, hanging over my eyes or anything. It's just kind of hooded. THAT is pretty great. However, my damn eyebrows. They are just LOWER and shaped different and less arched and I hate it. I keep tugging them up a bit and thinking, there you are! That's where you should be! And then I get tempted to do the lateral brow injections, which the very specialized eye doctor said would help. But they SCARE ME. What if the brow goes up to high on one side or WORSE, what if they cause eye bags (I keep reading about eye bags, even from minimal doses). The little bit of hooding would look fine if my brows were nicely arched. I could deal. But since the hooding is already improving, maybe my brows will in the next couple weeks? I know. Leave it alone. If I can look in the mirror and not start crying like I was before, that is good. But... tempted. Still.

I've tried the drops but I can't use them. They make me terribly dizzy. tried off and on to see if this really was the case. I'm opening up little by little but still very frustrating when you can't open your eyes. I just hope it has worn off in the next couple weeks so it doesn't ruin another vacation. I think this guy is great at the brain and nervous system which is why I went to him but lousy at injecting Botox. He needs to go back to school if he is going to do this. He is not up on things. I'm horrified that he laid me down as this greatly increases the problem. He has lost any future money for doing this. He lined me up for October to have it dome again. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Lucky: Ugh. I'm so sorry. Have you tried Visine? I've heard doctors and other members on here swear by it to help open up the eye. Not as strong as the other drops, but it stimulates something that helps open up the eyes. I read about one woman on here who used them for two weeks and she was fine after that. And if it's opening up little by little, every day, then you're probably going to be a lot better in two weeks. That complication is HARD, but it's reportedly one that goes away a lot faster than other complications (thank god). You have the right instinct -- DO NOT go back to that guy. My doc is a highly experienced Plastic Surgeon with high approvals and awards and all that and HE messed up. I would honestly get a second opinion if I were you -- a plastic surgeon who specializes in the eyes (does eye lifts, etc), an Opthalmic Plastic Surgeon. They could address the dry eyes, the dizziness from the drops. They're often way more mindful of the eyes (it's their speciality, after all) when it comes to Botox. Maybe there are other suggestions they might have. OR -- just wait! It does sound like it's improving. Good! It's gonna go away. So just know that. Hang in there. You're getting better every day.

25 Days -- Things Not to Do...

So it's 25 days and this rollercoaster is quite the exhausting ride. I want off! I have an appt. today for the lateral brow possibility with the eye specialist guy but I'm going to cancel. Got to leave this crap the heck alone! Also, here's some things I need to NOT DO: 1. Don't look at your eyes right when you wake up. Seriously. Just don't. My eyes ALWAYS look tired and shitty when I get up, I just don't really care normally because once I have my coffee walk around the house a bit and all that, they're fine. But with this complication worsens it, making me absolutely MENTAL. This morning I looked and weirdly, the lateral brow seemed better (um.. OK... that's the whole lateral brow situation they want to treat today) but the inner lids were all swollen and only on the right side. Make you your mind, eyes! Which is it? The lateral dropping and the brow droop or the eyelid swelling? And, why pick on one eye? What is your deal, eyes? Basically, since the brow dropped, all of this is just worse, worse, worse. I've had inner eyelid swelling from probably too much SALT before, so this is just what effing happens when you've relaxes a muscle that will worsen something you already have a propensity for. Yesterday, no inner eyelid swelling but the brows were driving me up a tree. ARGH! So, again. NO MORNING look-sees in the mirror. 2. STOP making appts with docs. It will be four weeks by Monday. That's almost a month. If I've made it through this month, I can make it through another, and it'll be better after that next month and the last thing I need is another possible complication mucking up THAT month. It will just prolong this. I have to remember that the reason I got into this mess in the first place was from one little extra damn tweak. Stop tweaking! Stop! It's your face. It's not a chair you're refinishing, for heaven's sake. Leave it alone and just be glad you're not any worse. 3. Try, Try, Try to not obsess. Again, so hard. Clearly by my daily updates I'm obsessing like crazy. But what on EARTH good is it possibly doing? Nothing. It's eating up my time. I'm pretty much staying in all the time anyway save for a few meetings and driving to the store. I'm mostly worried about that upcoming wedding (which is why the tweaks) but, well, right now, no wedding. So remember it'll be a little better by then. it won't be any worse! 4. It's summer. You can wear sunglasses everywhere. Rather than obsessively look at the eyes in he rear view mirror (oh yeah, I do that, always great in the harsh light of day!) , put on your damn sunglasses and listen to some music. 5. It's been nearly a month. It's going to get better.

Thanks for the advice, but I used to use Visine for allergies but I went to an eye doctor that told me Visine can do terrible things to your eyes and you are not supposed to use it very long. I found Alaway on the Internet that you can use forever. It is only 1 drop ion each eye twice a day. I also have dry eyes and so allergy eye drops are not good. I only use it when my eyes itch.I've been to so many doctors and feel I'm on the right track. This guy is not my eye doctor, I go to a Neuro Othpthromologist (sp) for my eye problems. He's the beset. should have waited and let him do the injections.He didn't want to do it until we found some answers as to why I'm having the eye problems. This other guy is great at the Nervous system and the brain but lousy at injecting Botox. I'm never having Botox again so it doesn't matter. If I have surgery for the Blephrospasm my eye doctor will be doing it. I tlaked t friend of mine who's daughter has MS and I have so many of the symptoms she does and if this doctor rules it out he better have another good diagnosis.I don't totally trust doctor's as it would not be the first time I've been misdiagnosed and caused me ore problems. If it wasn't for the internet what would we do. I think sometimes we are smarter then the doctors.
later today I'm wearing to private message you Becky ...because I want you to know about my experience with MS. But it's a whole different subject and not Botox related.
I meant "going to send".. a lengthy private message.

Cancelled Aptt.

High five! I guess. I knew I'd just go in there and ask ten million freaked out questions, he'd say the same thing he said last time, and at that point, he'd actually charge me, even if I didn't do anything. I would not blame him because why waste his time? He didn't do this! My other doc did. My other doc is the one who should be putting me in the massage room, free of charge. So I cancelled. I'll just wait. What's gonna bug me now in probably a few weeks is the damn area I had treated that I LIKED the result of -- my frown lines and 11. They are coming back more and more, which reassures me that the forehead is coming back too... slowly. So that is good. But I'm so effing scared of this crap, I am scared to re-treat that with any overlap to the forehead. Anyway, I'm gonna wait. And once again, never in the forehead again! This woman talks about it how she did it once, hated it i her forehead, and now only does her frown lines -- and she looks great. She has exactly the same concerns and wants that I have. She might make some of you feel better about doing any of this in the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJrEOBhCvvM

Two words Tesssa...scotch tape. You just lift the forehead and put your brow where and arched you want them. Then plop on a cute fedora hat. Okay, that was a lot more than 2 words. More like...Sandras scotch-tape-fedora-hat magic trick. My famous method made me feel better out in the world and I was told how awesome I looked. Nobody knew the difference!! And I felt beauriful.
I will do it! And it's sunny here so hats are OK to wear. Thanks for the tip! God, one day this will actually be funny! I hope! Thanks for your advice and support!
Thanks Terresa. You can call me Becky. I haven't figured out how to change my user name. I went into my profile and it said luckygrandma was already registered. I also tried to do a picture but not getting anywhere. A doctor makes a mistake on me once and they don't get another chance. This doctor is going to have to stick to what I was sent to him for, to figure out what is causing these problems and hopefully rule out MS. This was not the actual Doctor I was sent to but a collegue in his practice but I would hope he is consulting with the other doctor. I think this Botox is over rated and women are asking for trouble. What gets me is I've seen what I consider beautiful women doing this nd if their skin is young this can be achieved by over the counter products.They get a little wrinkle and they panic. I think it is God's way of telling us be happy with what I gave you and it is all a natural way of life. Someone might fix up their face but the rest of their body is getting older despite what ever they do.

Almost four weeks

I just read an interview with Stevie Nicks where she said she had Botox and her brows were so freaky, she hid for a few months and almost cancelled a tour! She said she didn't look like herself and she'd look in the mirror and start to cry. Oh, Stevie! I feel your pain! But she got through it. It went away. Cameron Diaz also said she did it once and she looked bizarre and just waited it out. OK, these are rich people who can just hang out in their mansions and binge watch The Wire for three months without any money issues, but they also have appearances , movies to shoot, HDTV and in Stevie's case, a freaking tour. Can you imagining canceling a tour because of your stupid Botox. Sorry everyone who bought tickets! My brows are awful! So... if bad Botox happened to them, it can happen to anyone. And it didn't ruin their lives. They're OK now. Though I think some of these celebs lie about it and it's none of our business (But, c'mon Jen Aniston -- you look great but we know you're doing something, albeit perfectly), I do believe that Cameron Diaz lays off of it. I saw her on a talk show and she was so animated -- smile lines, forehead lines, all the lines. And she looked beautiful! So, if she was where I am at one point, she sure isn't now. Anyway, just thought about it as I halfway looked in the mirror and went "UGH! Raise brow! Stop drooping, eyelids!). It'll get better...

It will happen. Everything I've read about that -- it does not last as long as the Botox. You will be done with this! It sounds like you take really good care of your skin and look great anyway, so, even with your complication, you have an advantage on most everyone else. Take care!

Oddly, Better

OK. So just after four weeks, I have way more lines in my frontalis. Still less than usual, still have to strain a bit to make them, and my brows don't move up the same, but they are THERE. So this stuff is already starting to wear off. Proof, in my case anyway, that it slowly dissipates from your body AND that if you use less, it leaves the body faster. The brows look a bit lower still, and the eyes a bit hooded, but they are better. My 11 line is back where I can see it without even scrunching my face, something I was actually WORRIED would happen, as THAT is what I want gone in the first place. But I will just wait. So glad I'm seeing improvement!

I know exactly how you feel! I am 60years old and had Botox once before by a double board certified plastic surgeon. No problems at all and it totally got rid of my 11. 3weeks ago I had my forehead done by a nurse. She wanted to do 50units in my 11and upper forehead to give me a nice lift. I talked her down to 30units in my brow and 11. The inner part of my lids swelled immediately. The entire lid was almost swollen shut. I saw the dr. And she told me I looked fine and I really should consider surgery because I was heavy lidded. She told me nothing could be done and I should just wait. Some of the swelling went down but the inner corners are droopy and my forehead looks really weird. I don't look like me! my best feature is my big eyes! I had it done at the beginning of May and it is mid July now. My inner lids are still swollen and I kind of look like Spock . I am angry for allowing a nurse to inject me. I did it because it was closer to home and considerably cheaper. I can't get in to see my reg. plastic surgeon until July 30th. I'm guessing he will tell me to wait it out. He is very conservative. It helps to wear dark shadow but mornings are the worst!!!i learned a big lesson.. Never again !i empathize with what you are going through!
I guess you know now why it was cheaper, everyone is trying to cash in on this. had a Neurologist do this and got droopy eyelid two days later. He made two bad mistakes. First of all he had me lie down. You are supposed to sit up for the injections and for 3-4 hours after. Did the nurse have you lay down. It's been three weeks and it is improving every day but I spent $850 on this and can't even enjoy it. I wear double vision glasses also and it has made my double vision worse. I see my eye doctor on September 5 and hopefully this has not set me back. The good news is which I get reminded of all the time is that the Botox will wear off. Just avoid mirrors until it does and relax and pt hot compresses on your face. I get eye pillows off the Internet that I heat in the microwave. They feel so good. I put an eye mask on and put the hot pack on top so it doesn't come in contact with my skin and burn it. If you are an e-bay shopper you find good deals there on both. The eye mask don't cost much more then a dollar and the eye pillows around $5.00 with free shipping.If you can't look better for awhile feel better. Don't allow them to inject more Botox to try to fix this. It will only get worse.
I might add that you are early. It takes 5-6 weeks to get rid of it. That seems to be the average time. I shal lnever forget this experience and they will never touch Botox to me again.I had Botox for Blepherospasm and there is surgery for this and that will be my next route.

Much Better

It looks like this weird nightmare is pretty much over. I have lines, though not as much, in my forehead, and a lot more movement. I have a tiny lowered brow, but it is vastly improved, no eyelid swelling and I look in the mirror and see a normal face. Thank the lord! Thanks to those who have been supportive to me during this. No, it's not exactly perfect, but it's so minute that if I didn't know I had something done, I would NOT know the difference. I'm so glad I listened to Sandra and didn't DO anything and just left it alone. Today marks almost a month of this. In one more month, for the wedding, it'll probably be almost gone. I think the 10 units has made the difference. It doesn't last very long. My advice for anyone doing this, and I've said this before regarding anyone who might have a tendency towards hooded eyes -- DO NOT put Botox in your forehead (the frontalis). If you want a little, get a little. I would say no more than 5-6 units there. I'm not a professional, but I have now read too many sad stories and even many doctors saying they are so conservative in that area that some don't even use it there anymore. I'm not doing it again. I don't think in any part of my face, for a long time. I was tempted to do my 11 line again but, nah. I'm staying away from Botox. I do think some people can handle it fine but I'm not one of them. I'm just relieved this went away faster than I thought it would. Hooray!

I need your advice.. I have hooded eyes (always have) and a low hairline and my eyes get puffy easily. However, the 11 lines showed up out of nowhere on me from retin a use and i have to get rid of them. Do you think it's safe for me to have approx. 5 units of botox between the brows only with an experienced pastic surgeon? He uses a micro injector to do ultra small doses.
catgirl I'm not qualified to give you that advice. I had Botox for Blepherospasm and it turned out to be a catastrophy. and I have a droopy eyelid. If you are doing Botox for cosmetic reasons I say accept what God gave you. There are others on here like Sandra & Tesssa that would be able to relate to your story better. They tried the same thing you are talking about and their face fell apart and they say they will never use Botox again. I don't even know what this 11 line is but I do know there are many over the counter products that could help you without putting poison in your body. I wish my problem was that simple.
Catgirl... I did not have good luck trying to take care of my 11's and I'm still suffering 8 weeks later with how I look with my eyebrows in a deep frown. I will always go natural from now and never use Botox again. I don't the trust stuff! Sorry I can't advise you better!

Swollen Eyes

I woke up yesterday after a solid week of feeling good and BAM! Swollen eyes. I'm sure it's due to many things, but this damn Botox. It makes it worse. I was thinking of how I would have handled this pre-Botox. I'd think, OK... what did I eat last night? How did I sleep. What a bummer. But post Botox, I become regretful, worried and sad because I KNOW all those muscles are weakened that raise my brow. Raising the brow and all that movement would help reduce swelling. So Botox. Ugh! I don't like you and will be glad you've left my system for good! I probably have another month and a half for it to be fully gone but will I be glad to say GOODBYE!

Sandra: The friend thing! I've had about four different friends get Botox without any issues. I only told one about my issue and she seemed perplexed and even kind of scared to hear it. She was nice, but she also was saying I was too hard on myself, etc. I think it freaked her out because she just lets her doc do what he does -- she doesn't even really know how much he's doing, etc. I told her if her doc has a good recipe, stick with it and don't get greedy. She doesn't, she's smart that way, but I think the idea that one day it could go wrong, freaked her out. But, hey, it CAN. But because she gets hers done and is just "la la la!" about it, she just wants to think of it that way. Like getting a facial. No big deal. Well, it IS a big deal when you think of what is being put in your system. I'm not happy I'm going through this, but I'm glad I'm not going to stare at my face every 3-4 months going, "I need a touch up," like she does. Yesterday was a bad day and one where I was pissed again that I got this crap. It's been a month and I swelled up again. Mostly my inner eyelids. I'm not looking today. I can feel they are itchy though so I'm sure they look crappy:( Ugh! Two more months and this stuff will, hopefully, be washed out of my system for good!
Oh no Tesssa...I thought you were so far improved now. It has been 8 weeks for me now and am slowly improving ...but it's still one day at a time. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. Learned a valuable lesson.
One day it will go wrong with her. You have warned her and that is all you can do.Every time you get this stuff is no guarantee how it is going to result. One little slip of the doctor injecting it in the wrong place as maybe he gets over confident will happen. They don't believe it can happen to them. I'm going into my 4th week and still feel like I'm losing my mind as I can't focus my eyes. The doctor who injected this will see his handy work next week and boy will he be surprised when I tell him what he can do with BOTOX.

And... they're better

OK. OK. Thanks, Botox. So now I can expect any time I have any normal swelling issue from dust, allergies, salt, etc, you're going to make it worse. I get it. Thanks. Oh, my forehead looks great, btw. Barely any lines. Superb! Anyway, today I didn't clean, I avoided salt last night, I stayed inside and, I looked great! Thank you, Botox. I'm glad I can sit here, alone, knowing I look OK. You were soooo worth the money for this! So, update: I look a lot better. No swelling but you know, Botox can suck it.

That makes me feel good. I'm 67 and don't have any lines there at all. I'm wroikle free in the forehead.
Mine are actually including a scar...so 111...and deep.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Pretty Much All Better

I think I'm almost all better. Again, as above, I think the Botox makes stuff that already happens to me worse, but even that is improving. I really took a good look at my forehead today (haven't done that) and my lines are back. It's still a wee bit harder to lift the brows, and it looks smoother, but it's not a strain and I have a lot more movement. If I actually LIKED this in my forehead, I might be pissed it didn't last very long. Who are these doctors that say it lasts 6 months? Um, no it so does not. Try 2-3. OK, maybe 6 if you shoot your face up with triple units. So... Botox in the forehead: One month of smooth lines but drooped brow, sadness, freak out, wondering how long is this gonna last!?!! Second month, I presume, of watching it go away, improve, lines return, feeling normal, resuming somewhat normal thinking and activities. Month three I see as everything gone, back the way it was and ... nope. Not worth it. But at least it's better! My eyes are back to normal. What a ridiculous drama. Forehead? Never again!

I think if you read the literature carefully, you'll see there's a RANGE for length of effectiveness - with 6 months being a maximum. So, it depends from person-to-person; from procedure-to-procedure, etc. I personally waited 5 months in-between #1 and #2. Then my problem is not so "severe" that I suddenly looked in the mirror and screamed, "OMG - I have to have more - NOW!" And I did not bump up the total units, either - I just had them concentrate on the area I wanted treated most of all - the eyebrow lift for the hooded eyes. I believe that one of the problems may lie in the "deals" where you are sold a minimum number of units - even 20 - and to treat certain areas (such as those "11s") - 20 is way too much. So the injector puts maybe 4 in that area - and then there's leftover - and then - they throw it around - wherever. Whether you need it there or not. Like your forehead.
Thank you Tessa for your day to day account. It has given some hope during this nightmare I'm going through.
Sorry some have had a lousy experience. I've had 2x cosmetic Botox and once for migraine. First went to opthalmologist. Figured he'd know nerves and not blind me. Only 20 units but he threw the remainder in my firehead where I don't have wrinkles. You could have bounced a quarter off the forehead but not the lift to the brow or hoods I wanted. Waited 5 mos. Went to medi spa with experienced PA injector. Specified brow lift. She threw the 20 into the brow area carefully asking me to squinch or look up. Nothing in forehead. I'm delighted. No Mr. Spock crazy brows. No unnecessary waste on an already smooth brow.

Sept. 9 -- All gone!

The stuff is a goner. Ah, man. You should see my face. Animated city. A relief! The forehead lines are back in full force, which is fine because they make their appearance when I do things like say "What? Really?! and are not static lines (yet, that's what Botox is fighting the future of -- those "What? Really?" expressions becoming static.) I hate my furrowed brow and i'm tempted to get it touched up, thats' the only place (the 11 line) I'd want to do this again, but I'm waiting until I feel a little less freaked. But the forehead? It's all gone. I just wanted to update that it's not even been a full three months and that stuff is a goner. And, looking back on pictures, I was overreacting. Yes, a little brow droop, and I did have swelling (ugh -- Botox makes that worse -- and that was the most traumatizing) but nothing anyone would point out and notice (save for EVERY Botox doctor I followed up with who should have just told me to chillax and it would be OK in a month -- it was. Some even wanted to give me even more!) I had my event (I was bridesmaids in my friend's wedding) and I am SO GLAD I didn't do any fixes and just waited. It was ALL FINE. FINE! And we focused on her wonderful day and I didn't think once about Botox -- I focused on helping her day. Our pictures looked great (hello? Wedding photographer? Photo shop? Like they're gonna keeps a bunch of lines on your face anyway) and I looked like a normal person. Not lowered brow lady and thankfully, not SPOCK, had some of these possible "fixes" gone awry. So, don't fret, people! This stuff goes AWAY! I

A quick update from me. It's now almost six weeks since treatment and just like you predicted, Tessa, I have improved a LOT in the past few weeks. I have a little more movement in my brows now, in that I can raise them a little more, and the hooding is almost gone. My face is still a load less expressive than it was but I feel like I can go to work without my glasses on now and be confident that no one will notice. It's too early to really feel myself again but I do feel huge relief to know that it clearly won't be six months before my face is totally in the clear--more like three. I just went to the funerals of my loved ones last week and I didn't feel very self-conscious and I cried along with everyone else. People, take courage. It may not feel like it but this IS temporary!
Also, I now feel like I can make appointments to see people instead of hiding away in my house like the Elephant Man. How much of this is a psychological thing I wonder? My partner says I look just the same!
If you do not like the feeling that botox gives I would stay away from it. I do not mind the feeling at all, in fact I am used to it. I get sad when the botox disappears. I think everyone is different, and for those trying this product for the first time try it is one location, and by a skilled injector. After a month or two some movement returns and it will slowly get back to normal. I am glad you are feeling more yourself and no longer feel worried about being seen.
Dr. N/A

Kind of rushed me a little. This is a doctor I've had for a while for other things. He is used to me being nervous and worried and he's nice about it. But he tends to be casual about stuff -- too casual. I think he means well and he's very experienced. He needs to ask more questions though. And study the face more. I think he's such a pro that he works to fast when it comes to injectables.