Breast Lift & TT Done After Gastric Bypass and Pannus Removal - Pleased But Not 100%

After Gastric Bypass 6 years ago and Pannus...

After Gastric Bypass 6 years ago and Pannus removal 4 years ago, I was ready for breast lift & full tummy tuck. I was/am still overweight but realized I wasn't going to lose anymore and I am content where I am (weight 172lbs). I just wanted the excess skin removed.

I really wanted a breast reduction but the Dr said I only needed a lift. I am not pleased cuz I still think they are too big for my petite frame (5'0"). I think I will still be a D and I wanted to be a C. So I am 2 weeks post op and I don't think my nipples are symmetrical. One is up higher than the other. They are firm and my Dr did remove some of my boobs on the side and cut higher than just the anchor cut. Because of this, I did have to have drains. Those came out on my 3 day post op visit along with my On-Q pain pump that was placed in my bikini line at TT incision.

I had 8lbs of skin removed from my stomach. Since I had a vertical scar from my Gastric Bypass, my Dr cut up, down, and across....(upside down T). My belly button was repositioned where it should be as it was left on my bikini line from my panniculectomy in 2006.

I also had an incisional hernia repair during this surgery. I had a total of 8 lbs removed from my stomach. At my one week post-op visit, the Dr says he didn't get all the fat from my upper belly and wants to do a revision. I'm still fat there and still have a noticeable roll when I sit. I am grateful that my Dr took notice that I still need more surgery and not settling.

At my one week post-op visit, I also had one drain removed from my mons area and now I think the one left is becoming infected. It's a little red at the site and has some crust and pus too. Since my Dr is one hour away from me, I went into urgent care and had the nurse look at it but she didn't think it was infected since it wasn't omitting any heat and not firm. She would not remove the drain even though I asked her to and it's really not draining much anymore. Having the drain in is really slowing down my healing process as this hurts the worst. I have an appointment Monday to get it removed. I re-started anti-biotics just in case and keeping the wound clean by using a saline solution.

I am no longer taking pain meds as they made me incredibly itchy.

I am 100% better but not 100% pleased and I don't expect perfection. I just want to be able to go without a bra and not have my nipples cockeyed.

Please feel free to ask any questions. It's my first time here and first time posting.

*****UPDATE***** 3 Months post op....(July 13...

*****UPDATE***** 3 Months post op....(July 13 2010) although I had many complications, things are finally getting better. I still get lots of sharp pains under my breasts at the incision site. For a while there, I was spitting out stitches regularly. I still have trouble sleeping on my sides. I still take Vicodin on occasion. I still have some buyers remorse but that is getting better too. I would like to get my legs done now. I hope this posting has helped someone.

Kaiser Permenente West L.A.

I used Kaiser as they already have all my health records and it was just easier to stay in the network.

look good i to want my thighs done how u feelin now
Feeling great. The best thing I ever spent money on. Right after surgery I said I would never do it again. After the results, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Yes! Dr. Lee did my surgery. I would love to get my thighs done. Thank you for your compliments.
Your breasts look FABULOUS! And I see that they did the Fleur De Lis on you! My surgery is in May!
Good luck in May....you will feel like you wish you hadn't done it at first, but feel elated you did it after it's all healed.
Was this Dr. Lee?
never hear from u how are u doing now
I'm doing great....I do have one "dog ear" under my armpit but everything has healed just fine. I did not have to pay for any revisions. All is good.
he not charging u for him redoing all this i hope, and i hope u start feeling better
I'm 9 days post op I'm not Happy because I feel mine look to small but I don't Think I want to do anything else For fear of something worse love my tummy tuck how are u
I am still learning how to post and reply on here... I haven't figured that out all the way yet.... Have you tried going to edit account info in the upper right hand.. That is how I loaded my Breast Lift w implants and I am 9 days post op.
I'm not sure how, but I'd like to add pics of the wounds under my breasts to this thread. Anyone know how?

Click on the "Edit" link at the top of your review to post an update. It takes about 24 hours to appear on the site. Hope this helps!

Thank you....... How do you know when someone replies...I just accidentally found yours trying to figure it all out.... ;) Thankssssssssssssss - Angelia
One week post op from revision surgery. I now have this ugly scar in my cleavage that I didn't have before. I have 2 new drains that are again painful(under each breast). I developed an open wound under my breast (about the size of a dime) and that too stings. The drains and stinging are inhibiting my recovery. I do see the Dr tomorrow to see what he says and hopefully get the drains removed. I am doubting my decision to have this elective surgery and hopefully, it ends up being worth it all.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with this. It all sounds really difficult. We're thinking of you and hoping, with time, everything heals up nicely.

****UPDATE**** OK so I had the revision surgery on April 22nd. I feel that having 2 surgeries back to back was a mistake. My skin is/was too weak to do that and my wounds are becoming larger. I developed a seroma in my cleavage. The drains came out last Friday and on Monday, I burst like a pimple in my upper stomach through the seam in my incision. Big mess of blood and fuid everywhere. I looked like I was bleeding to death. The next day I went to see my Dr and he cut a small opening in my cleavage..(this is where I have the seroma), used a suction machine to drain me, then added a new drain. I feel like I am back to square one with the healing process. I was given 10 more days off of work. I should have the drain removed on Monday May 17th and return to work on Tuesday May 18th. I hope I make it. Luckily, I'm on 100% disability. I am getting tired of staying home and resting. I wanna get out and do things. Thanks for listening!
I had revision surgery on my breasts and tummy to remove a fat pocket right under my cleavage and I am back to square one. One week out today and 2 new drains that hurt. I now have an open wound (the size of a dime) that hurts like another "mutha." I am so questioning my decisions on this elective surgery. I now have a huge scar in my cleavage from the 2nd surgery that isn't so pretty. I am just miserable. I will have the drains removed tomorrow and see what the Dr says.
I go back into surgery tomorrow. I guess the Dr isn't pleased with his own work. After a patient pays over 10K for body contouring, it should at least be a "good job". I think he feels guilty so he wants to fix it right away now instead of waiting a few months. I asked about fixing the breast at the same time and he wants me to wait a year for that and he says he will do a "touch up" then. I will post the revision pics later. Thanks!

Wow. So you're in surgery today! Please keep us posted on your recovery.

Thanks for your comments. I finally had the drain removed and it hurt like a "mutha" but I instantly felt relief of being a lil more mobile with it out. Keeping it clean and covered made a big difference on the healing process so I think that is the trick.
I had mine taken out today. I am 2 weeks and 3 days post op so I am VERY glad to have out. It's a pain in the but trying to cover it up.

i am lad ur doin better,,i am 2 wks & 1 day post op from tt& bbl i'm doinok but hate this garment,lol,,,

Could your surgeon do a breast revision the same time as your tummy tuck revision? Thanks so much for posting your story and photos. Congratulations on your incredible weight loss.
My nurse said to put antibiotic ointment and gauze around it.