Had a Tummy Tuck Two Months Ago

I am 37 years old and have had three children. I...

I am 37 years old and have had three children. I am 5'2 and weigh 113 pounds. I was very happy with my body except for my adbomen. I had very loose skin and my belly button was herniated.

I decided to have a full tummy tuck even though I am a size 2 and very athletic. It was to only way to get rid of the excess skin.

I now have a flat stomach but I have a big scar all the way across my lower abdomen. My belly button no longer sticks out but it's still healing and looks flat and round.

The recovery was extremely painful and I still wear my compression garmet. I still have to convince myself it was worth it. My Dr., who was excellent, tells me the scar will fade and I will be very happy.

When I first saw the scar I started to cry uncontrolably. But atleast I don't have to look at the droopy skin and the belly button that stuck out. People thought I was still pregnant. Not anymore though.

Photo Update

Choose a very reputable Doctor with a lot of experience.

could you please send me the address and the name of your Dr. I would really appreicate it. Have been looking for someone that good and fair.
I'm 3 days out from my surgery. Feeling great! This truly feels like a gift.
Wow, that's great! I still felt terrible after 3 days. It's now been 4 months for me. I added a picture of my scar that I took this week.
In the first picture my skin was darker. As the weeks went by my skin and the scar got lighter. I would invest in a wedge pillow, it's what I used for the first few weeks. Also make your food ahead of time and freeze it, that way you won't have to cook. I also ate very healthy hoping it would help me heal. Food like organic chicken, fresh fruit and veggies. I had a hard time sleeping so I asked the Dr. for sleeping pills. I also heard benadryl helps. Buy magazines & books beforehand. I read the whole "Twilight" series & loved it. Buy your scar creams and ice packs. Lastly, invest in two compression garments. That way you can change it when it gets dirty. Good luck, be patient. A TT really is a life changer. I'll be happy to post another picture of the TT scar next week.
Thanks for your candid story, also for the pictures- although hard to look at first pic, good to have a dose of reality before having my surgery- two weeks from tomorrow! My dr. keeps me overnight in his office with a 24 hr. nurse- just for me. But after that, I am home to be cared for by my husband- any advice on how I can make those first days more manageable? Thanks!! Can't wait to see more updated pics.
I read about emu oil. I'll have to give it a try. My Dr. gave me a cream to put on & my physical therapist told me to buy Mederma and use real aloe vera from the plant on my scar. I'm only using the cream and the Mederma though. I also buy the generic Mederma. I plan to post another picture of my scar this week since it's now been 10 weeks since my surgery.
I have used and recommend emu oil, I do not sell anything, I found some on Ebay and used it on radiation burns my Dad had three years ago. I may use it on my blepharoplasty scars.Your surgeon did a great job on your tummy, Re send us a pic in a few months after using some scar oil!! Fabulous
Great! Give her a call & start using it immediately!! I used to be a nurse & have recommended that product to many (burns, scars, cuts, excema). I can tell from your pic that now is a perfect time to start it. ;)
please give me the number of your dr. i have four kids c-section,please need your help
After two years of looking into surgery both here in L.A. and abroad, I decided to go to Costa Rica. Dr. Federico Macaya is the best plastic surgeon there. Also, I stayed in the recovery retreat the recommended, which was incredible. The hotel takes you to and from surgery and is staffed with nurses 24/7. The Dr. even came to the hotel to visit me, even over the weekend. The Dr. also has a physical therapist that I saw for the first 10 days after my surgery. That really helped me heal quicker. Good luck!
Your stomach looks fantastic! I almost closed out the page, but having the knowledge of a GREAT product to heal scars beautifully I didnt have the heart to not tell you about it. And bonus its cheap. The burn unit in Phoenix & many plastic surgeons use it. Arbonne skin conditioning oil. I used it on my c-section scar, a good 7 inches & you can BARELY see it. I am a rep & can get it for you for less than $20 but dont want you to think I'm telling you about it to make a sale, so I'd be happy to give it to you at cost if interested. Or if you have any reps as friends. Shannon
Thank you, funny because I actually use Arbonne products on my face. I do have a rep here but thanks for the message, it could help others out there who read this.